Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

If you switch between games and apps, then you have controller I'm your hands. There is your magic button. Then again, the benefit of that Kinect has feck all to do with games and only for interface of Xbox.

Shouting out ammo or medic in bf4 - really cool and fantastic. Now thats a great function to have, though it brings us to the same spot. Most likely you got headset already with a Mic, that could do same thing. Or there could be cheap microphone on controller if you don't have headset. Sorted. So why would you need a 100eu Kinect, which eats up 10% of already weaker hardware again?

I am sorry, but I am not convinced Kinect is such a great value as some people trying it to make out. Convince me that I am wrong.

Have you even tryed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

DaLad wrote: »
    First of all, there's more to the kinect than just the voice commands.

Secondly, I always wondered this myself but then again if they could do it with the basic headset, then why don't they have the voice commands on BF4 PS4 with the PS4 headset?

Then again, with BF4 example. If you got haedset and playing BF4. Imagine 64 people on the map shouting in to their kinects and on their headsets broadcasting - MEDIC! AMMO!!! So you cant pretty much use Kinect voice commands if you playing with a headset to talk to other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nolars wrote: »
    Have you even tryed it?

What to try? Navigating Menus? I use console to play games, not jumping in menus. In game kinect support looks minimal and just a tacked on thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Then again, with BF4 example. If you got haedset and playing BF4. Imagine 64 people on the map shouting in to their kinects and on their headsets broadcasting - MEDIC! AMMO!!! So you cant pretty much use Kinect voice commands if you playing with a headset to talk to other people.

In BF4 you're generally restricted to chat with your squad which is a max of 5. so there goes your argument straight away :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If you switch between games and apps, then you have controller I'm your hands. There is your magic button. Then again, the benefit of that Kinect has feck all to do with games and only for interface of Xbox.

Shouting out ammo or medic in bf4 - really cool and fantastic. Now thats a great function to have, though it brings us to the same spot. Most likely you got headset already with a Mic, that could do same thing. Or there could be cheap microphone on controller if you don't have headset. Sorted. So why would you need a 100eu Kinect, which eats up 10% of already weaker hardware again?

I am sorry, but I am not convinced Kinect is such a great value as some people trying it to make out. Convince me that I am wrong.
    In fairness I wouldn't waste time trying to convince anyone of how good it is. They have to experience it. If its not your thing its not your thing. The response from the entire gaming community regarding Kinect has been very positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Man the PS4 controllers battery charge is awful.

O9ygK0s.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

You couldn't share a house with someone if you were blaring out ridiculous kinect keywords all of the time. Nobody uses siri in public for this reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

What to try? Navigating Menus? I use console to play games, not jumping in menus. In game kinect support looks minimal and just a tacked on thing.

Then you cant just say "xbox play game" and can avoid all menus. Sounds exactly what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Here, everyone just do they thing they like.

Thomas D wrote: »
    You couldn't share a house with someone if you were blaring out ridiculous kinect keywords all of the time. Nobody uses siri in public for this reason.

You don't have to shout you know. You can use your normal speaking voice like you would chatting to someone on your headset :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

See that's the difference between between you and me. I don't comment on any ps4 features or the eye whatever its called because I havent tryed it so cant form any opinion.

In fairness I wouldn't waste time trying to convince anyone of how good it is. They have to experience it. If its not your thing its not your thing. The response from the entire gaming community regarding Kinect has been very positive.

No it hasn't. People didn't want it. It added 25% to the price of the console.

Its so funny that people who haven't experienced Kinect think we are shouting voice commands :cool:

Its so funny that people who haven't experienced Kinect think we are shouting voice commands :cool:

What are you whispering sweet nothings in it's ear? Show that thing who's boss.

Can someone point me to a good kinect game or at least a game that makes primary use of kinect, either this one or the older one. And no, voice command is not kinect.

I can't get over how quick the use a code feature is :eek: After I say xbox use a code, I hold up the code a good 6 feet away with my hand not even still and it redeems it in a split second, crazy! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Grayditch wrote: »
    Here, everyone just do they thing they like.

BUT WHAT I LIKE HAS TO BE BETTER THAN WHAT YOU LIKE!!!!11!

Can someone point me to a good kinect game or at least a game that makes primary use of kinect, either this one or the older one. And no, voice command is not kinect.

You can try this for free if you have an Xbox One:

No it hasn't. People didn't want it. It added 25% to the price of the console.
    Ohhh yes it is... :D
    Your talking about price, I am talking about how gamers have given positive reactions to experiencing Kinect. We all cringed when it was announced but now I have to say I am delighted with the Kinect. :)

Ohhh yes it is... :D
    Your talking about price, I am talking about how gamers have given positive reactions to experiencing Kinect. We all cringed when it was announced but now I have to say I am delighted with the Kinect. :)

You're delighted about the motion sensing aspects of it? What games do you use that in?

• Advertisement

You're delighted about the motion sensing aspects of it? What games do you use that in?

Are you trying to kill time until PSN is back up at an estimated 8pm? :D

Would you chillax the point he was making is that people are impressed with it and in the future it can only only get better.

Would you chillax the point he was making is that people are impressed with it and in the future it can only only get better.

They are impressed with the voice control. They've just spent €100 on a voice control device that could have been made for a fiver.

DaLad wrote: »
    Are you trying to kill time until PSN is back up at an estimated 8pm? :D

That's about as a cheap a shot as you think his one is.

Might unfollow this thread, in fairness.

They are impressed with the voice control. They've just spent €100 on a voice control device that could have been made for a fiver.

And how does that effect you?? why do you care?

Grayditch wrote: »
    That's about as a cheap a shot as you think his one is.

Might unfollow this thread, in fairness.

It's light hearted humour. Chill out.

It's not as if he has a bricked console and I lol'd about it. That would be low.

At the moment I use it in Battlefield 4 (works amazing), Dead rising 3 and I use with Skype a lot. :)

And how does that effect you?? why do you care?

Because they have messed things up for me. I've owned the past two xboxes. This ****ty kinect has meant I will not own any console this generation. They could have specced the thing out to actually have a bit of power for that money insteads it's wasted on this marketing persons image of families prancing around the living room like prats.

Because they have messed things up for me. I've owned the past two xboxes. This ****ty kinect has meant I will not own any console this generation. They could have specced the thing out to actually have a bit of power for that money insteads it's wasted on this marketing persons image of families prancing around the living room like prats.

Dont you talk bout MA family like that son.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Come next year I'll be buying both machines for their exclusives but, right now, I see no pressing reason for any gamer to be interested in buying either console until then, there is nothing worth playing on them that you can't play on the previous gen machines.
    Not only that but you are going to be cursed with update after update, not to mention a likely hardware revision in the next 12 months.
    I've been buying/collecting machines since the early 80's, went through my fair share of early adopting, DC, PS, PS2, Xbox, GC, N64, 3DO, GBA, DS, DSlite, DSi, PSP and so on, but since the 360 I haven't bought a machine at launch, and I have missed precisely nothing.
    I bought the WiiU some 4 weeks after it's launch and could have happily lived without it until this summer.
    The Vita was only bought this year and, only for PSN+ it'd be a paperweight, like the PSP has become.

And as for motion controls, they are always always a waste of time, making into gestures ingame actions what are more effective and sensible when mapped to an ingame button, see the early motion control experiments with the gods-awful Sixaxis and the subsequent abandoning of them, not to mention their inclusion in the Vita Uncharted title and how crap they were.
    Only Nintendo first party titles seem to implement motion controls properly, and that's entirely down to the manner in which the Wii remote is held and how they integrate it into games, like the genius of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement