Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

miju wrote: »

But basically to sign is as a different user for smart glass, go to your user accounts in the control panel and change it from a live account to a local account (thus making it a local machine account not live) and then make it live again using the email of your choice.

Thanks for helping but the problem is wp8/it's app, it only tries to log in to the primary wp8 registered account (which isn't my xbox a/c, nor will it be) and there doesn't seem to be any way to change that or to direct it to my xbox/xbox a/c.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Well, anyone who always sow me as a fanboy of Sony/PC and a huge Nintendo Hater should shut up for ever.

My free game is pikmin 3.

Xbox one still sucks :pac:

who's ever call you a Sony fanboi?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    who's ever call you a Sony fanboi?

Not directly, but always with a hint.

Anyway, after spending almost all day downloading updates, seeing up, sorting out nintendo network ID ( which is not the same as club ID...), registering games and doing surveys - I finally playing mario kart 7. I will see what are ninty fanboys are on about. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, anyone who always sow me as a fanboy of Sony/PC and a huge Nintendo Hater should shut up for ever.

DSC_0263_zpsigdanbfk.jpg

Red shell can rightfully just feck off. :pac:

Emmm you can play mario kart 7 4 players right? Do I need pro controllers for that? Or I could just get basic wii motes, with no nunchacks? I think I low a few people who got wii 's that are just collecting dust.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Red shell can rightfully just feck off. :pac:

Emmm you can play mario kart 7 4 players right? Do I need pro controllers for that? Or I could just get basic wii motes, with no nunchacks? I think I low a few people who got wii 's that are just collecting dust.

Would that be Mario Kart 8 you're referring to? N00b!

And , yes, it uses Wii Motes, Wii classic controllers, WiiU Pro Controllers and the Gamepad

And the Red Shell has nothing on the Blue Shell, a complete git!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Would that be Mario Kart 8 you're referring to? N00b!

And , yes, it uses Wii Motes, Wii classic controllers, WiiU Pro Controllers and the Gamepad

And the Red Shell has nothing on the Blue Shell, a complete git!

How should I know, there are more mario games then woman working in red light district :pac:

Do I need nunchacks for it too? Or just the main wii yoke?
    I called my friend and she has 2 controllers for wii. I'll go pick them up later tonight. If they work, we might get a 4 player mariokart going tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wiimote on its own will work.

Enjoy Pikmin 3. It's the secret best game of 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well, anyone who always sow me as a fanboy of Sony/PC and a huge Nintendo Hater should shut up for forever

My free game is pikmin 3.

Xbox one still sucks :pac:

So you went to the darkside.......:pac:

314649.jpg

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wiimote on its own will work.

Enjoy Pikmin 3. It's the secret best game of 2013.

So just wiimote? Still able to use directional Pad, not a horrible motion controls though? Will I still need sensor bar for them to work?

She is back home at 7, so I will see what she got.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sensor bar is only used for pointing. All it is is a row of IR LEDs. Pretty sure the dpad works.

Sensor bar is only used for pointing. All it is is a row of IR LEDs. Pretty sure the dpad works.

Awesome. If those 2 wiimotes wont work out I know another buddy who got abandoned wii.

P.s. forget what I said about red shell. Some sort of lightning thing can rightfully feck off. I just had a good nerd rage quit. Going first and right before finish I got blasted with Blue shell, red shell and lightning. I though I will burst a testicle.

Awesome. If those 2 wiimotes wont work out I know another buddy who got abandoned wii.

P.s. forget what I said about red shell. Some sort of lightning thing can rightfully feck off. I just had a good nerd rage quit. Going first and right before finish I got blasted with Blue shell, red shell and lightning. I though I will burst a testicle.

Welcome to Mario Kart. Next stop, Dickmove Central.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Welcome to Mario Kart. Next stop, Dickmove Central.

The last ten seconds...

Good thing about the lightning is, unless someone has an activated star then everyone bar one is shrunk, and the guy/gal who set off the lightning is usually way back, so you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

??? Bf4 is one of worst games i have played its just full of problems

Not anymore. I've played it since launch, platinumed it and I'm rank 82. The problems were shocking at the start but he'll get value for money on it. Used to be a massive COD fan and I'd play BF4 over the new cod anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Not anymore. I've played it since launch, platinumed it and I'm rank 82. The problems were shocking at the start but he'll get value for money on it. Used to be a massive COD fan and I'd play BF4 over the new cod anyday.

I had BF4 for PS3. Played it for about a month when it came out and got bored. I wasn't wise enough to redeem the code and have it ready to download incase I got a PS4 so at present don't think I'd bother paying full price for it here in Australia. If I find it on the cheap I might grab it. Got premium aswell so fair waste of money on my part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

RoyalCelt wrote: »

120ms in built lag to the game before you take your ping into account.

Hit detection still iffy as fook as infantry and particularly noticable on maps like locker but in a vehicle its alot better.

Over 2,500 hours in BF and I've gone to COD and Titanfall. I always laugh how I found it a novelty when i first start playing those games that hit reg worked and lag / qeird events were the exception rather than the rule.

I still pop onto it for a round or two every week and not alot has changed, particularly I love the reload bug were the animation reload plays but your ammo stays empty.

The game needs to be stripped way back weapon and gadget wise as theres too much balancing and support issues around 5 different platforms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Haven't played BF4 yet but I can't imagine it being any worse than gbosts, which imo is one of the worst in the series (And that's saying something !). Possibly some of the worst map design I've ever seen in a mp game tbh.

Magill wrote: »
    Haven't played BF4 yet but I can't imagine it being any worse than gbosts, which imo is one of the worst in the series (And that's saying something !). Possibly some of the worst map design I've ever seen in a mp game tbh.

BF4 is more then playable at this stage. I got it on PC and PS4 and I never said to myself " its unplayable garbage! ".

At this stage it is just "cool" to bitch about BF4 being broken. Its not perfect, but its nothing like it was on launch.
    Then again, we got people who played 500h and then got refund, because it was unplayable...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Then again, we got people who played 500h and then got refund, because it was unplayable...

Then again, it was so unplayable that refunds were actually offered....perspective :pac:

Then again, it was so unplayable that refunds were actually offered....perspective :pac:

Not really offered, but it was taking advantage of the loop hole MS service had. :pac:

Not really offered, but it was taking advantage of the loop hole MS service had. :pac:

Loophole? g'wan so, can this loophole apply to any game at all, even if it's not deemed unplayable?

Loophole? g'wan so, can this loophole apply to any game at all, even if it's not deemed unplayable?

EA did not came out and said: here is a refund and only to MS customers. Just because of the MS policies and loop hole people could abuse it and get refunds.
    So I dont really see how it is valid to say that it was so bad that it got refunds. Wheres PS4, PS3 and PC refunds so?

Game is not perfect and I am not defending EA one bit. They deserved the **** storm they got. They launched a game, which was broken and incomplete.
    I have more an issue with people who just play the game for hundreds of hours and have cheekiness to say that it was unplayable and getting refunds for it. This would apply to any game, not specific to BF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

BF4 is working great IMO at the moment. I deem the game is now ready to launch lol.

I find it's completely improved across the board. I am looking forward to ranking up a bit more. I was at ranked in the 80's when the game took a dramatic nose dive.

BF4 is more then playable at this stage. I got it on PC and PS4 and I never said to myself " its unplayable garbage! ".

At this stage it is just "cool" to bitch about BF4 being broken. Its not perfect, but its nothing like it was on launch. Then again, we got people who played 500h and then got refund, because it was unplayable...

Forgive me if I don't take a level 48 / 16 opinions over some of the country and worlds top players who have abandoned the game en masse on PC and Xbox :P:P:P:P

Crazy loophole asking for a refund of your premium isn't it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

EA did not came out and said: here is a refund and only to MS customers. Just because of the MS policies and loop hole people could abuse it and get refunds.
    So I dont really see how it is valid to say that it was so bad that it got refunds. Wheres PS4, PS3 and PC refunds so?

Game is not perfect and I am not defending EA one bit. They deserved the **** storm they got. They launched a game, which was broken and incomplete.
    I have more an issue with people who just play the game for hundreds of hours and have cheekiness to say that it was unplayable and getting refunds for it. This would apply to any game, not specific to BF4.

So is there a loophole? or was the game broken and MS offered refunds?

You mentioned there being some loophole, it's only fair that you explain what this loophole is, how it applies only to one specific game or if it can be used on any game, what are the requirements of this loophole?

So I'm asking you, point out the loophole that you brought up.

That's not a loophole btw thats called a rule big difference really :)

I guess you will have to ask Sony that

There was no refund for the game there was refunds for premium, so you can get your knickers out of a bunch :D

So is there a loophole? or was the game broken and MS offered refunds?

You mentioned there being some loophole, it's only fair that you explain what this loophole is, how it applies only to one specific game or if it can be used on any game, what are the requirements of this loophole?

So I'm asking you, point out the loophole that you brought up.

There is no loophole, its a MS policy. Shadowhearth is just angry because he didnt get on on PS

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    Forgive me if I don't take a level 48 / 16 opinions over some of the country and worlds top players who have abandoned the game en masse on PC and Xbox :P:P:P:P

Crazy loophole asking for a refund of your premium isn't it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with asking a refund. Thought there is "asking a refund" and "taking a piss".

Being a top player means jack**** in this, Gratz at making yourself look like "one of those people" though...

Ninja edit: it's about common sense, not who has the biggest dick in something that nobody cares.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement