Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Magill wrote: »
    Just I don't think there are many people here that really care at all for it and so it comes across a bit lame.

Most things look lame if it's not something you're interested in it. To a lot of people, debating about games and consoles on the internet would be totally lame.

For me, it's Airsoft. Even the name of it is lame to the nth degree. Those fúckers are all one sandwich short of a picnic…

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Everytime I play BF4... I miss MAG.

That is all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Anyway, its just getting annoying with your constant jabbering about it as if it makes you some kind of knowledge beast on all things related to competitive games.

You know what the hilarious thing is I've mentioned it once in this thread but yet I've been jabbering on about it????
    We get it, you love your competitive gaming, you seem to be trying really hard to support some teams and im all for that, wish there were more Irish Organisations a few years ago to support the scene. Just I don't think there are many people here that really care at all for it and so it comes across a bit lame.

And that's the beauty of the internet not knowing who you are talking to or what they are involved in and / or at what scale despite people making blind and completely incorrect assumption ;) I always find it hilarious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anyway... my favourite day tomorrow. NPD numbers, will the drop in price show MS back on top in their home country?

For me, it's Airsoft. Even the name of it is lame to the nth degree. Those fúckers are all one sandwich short of a picnic…

Off topic I don't get it either, but then saying that paintballing is hella great fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

RasTa wrote: »
    Anyway... my favourite day tomorrow. NPD numbers, will the drop in price show MS back on top in their home country?

Considering there was far better deals like the TitanFall+kinect bundle going for the same price as the PS4 a month before the price cut, yet still didn't outsell the PS4, I don't really see it having a massive effect.

Ah sure they will make for a decent read either way Im sure

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's not time for the NPD circlejerk again, is it?
    Can we not just copy/paste last months posts?

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's not time for the NPD circlejerk again, is it?
    Can we not just copy/paste last months posts?

Yep it's that time of the month again, make sure ya all form a proper circle now, dont want any rogue splashes like last time :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going by MS' own numbers last week, the gap has widened worldwide by a lot.

So with the US still being a the single largest market, it can't mean they made much headway there recently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm more interested in the WiiU sales numbers, seems to be a real interest being born out there amongst people.

I'm going to get a PS4 though, to keep it company!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Shocker :eek:

I honestly thought your favourite day was a Sonyday :pac:

Ahh, the aul bricks and mortar stats that don't include online retailers with the exception of Amazon.

Joking aside I think the PS4 is due a very quiet period after The Last of Us until 2015. On the other hand the Xbox One is pushing out a good few titles this fall. It could be a good opportunity for XB1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Shocker :eek:

I honestly thought your favourite day was a Sonyday :pac:

Ahh, the aul bricks and mortar stats that don't include online retailers with the exception of Amazon.

Joking aside I think the PS4 is due a very quiet period after The Last of Us until 2015. On the other hand the Xbox One is pushing out a good few titles this fall. It could be a good opportunity for XB1.

October is a mental month, rakes of games all coming out within weeks of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

miju wrote: »
    You know what the hilarious thing is I've mentioned it once in this thread but yet I've been jabbering on about it????

And that's the beauty of the internet not knowing who you are talking to or what they are involved in and / or at what scale despite people making blind and completely incorrect assumption ;) I always find it hilarious :D

Be honest, you've mentioned it a few more times than "once" :D I've discussed it with you a few times about it lol...

And in fairness... thats kind of the opposite of how the internet works lol. Your youtube channel is in your sig with the first video being an update on how things are going with the ole clan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

this thread is crazy its like two groups of teenage lads beating chests and grunting at each other lol

so the lack of exclusives on ps4 has become ever more apparent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

this thread is crazy its like two groups of teenage lads beating chests and grunting at each other lol

Its a forum, people discuss things.... if everyone had the same opinion it wouldn't be much fun would it ??

Am I the only person that doesn't find people discussing things and having differing opinions as something out of the ordinary ? Guess we should all hold virtual hands and sing kumbaya ? :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I think you're a bit off base verging on wishful thinking, it's not like "Destiny" will go by with little fanfare so surely that one example scuppers your opinion a bit?

Its a forum, people discuss things.... if everyone had the same opinion it wouldn't be much fun would it ??

Am I the only person that doesn't find people discussing things and having differing opinions as something out of the ordinary ? Guess we should all hold virtual hands and sing kumbaya ? :D
    discussing would be entertaining. this thread is poison filled with silly pointscoring.

have i mentioned i have nothing to play on ps4 im getting bored really quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I think you're a bit off base verging on wishful thinking, it's not like "Destiny" will go by with little fanfare so surely that one example scuppers your opinion a bit?

Destiny is multiplatform.

I am referring to exclusives and their impact on console sales over a specific period of time, maybe between September and February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This is a real life representaion of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Played BF4 Dragons Teeth for about 2 and a half hours last night on PS4.

Crashed 2 times and so did the 2 other people playing with me.

Getting hit markers on guys that then proceed to turn and kill me then in the killcam says they have 100% health,even though clearly got hitmarkers when i hit them. Also the 0% health killcam is still doing the rounds as is the feeling of being shot around corners.

Vehicles/players still have a slight bit of rubberbanding on DT as well.

All in all a fairly frustrating experience.

To those who say its not broke,player appreciation month,CTE,statements of intent to fix the game from Dice/EA etc etc etc. Why would any of the above happen if it was not broke? They basically have admitted its broke

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Would you say this is ironic, or hypocritical? well you own both consoles so maybe it's both, but I do believe you declared yourself an "xbox fanboy" so perhaps your objectivity is questionable :cool:

Would you say this is ironic, or hypocritical? well you own both consoles so maybe it's both, but I do believe you declared yourself an "xbox fanboy" so perhaps your objectivity is questionable :cool:

Lol he shells out cash for a PS4 and hes questionable?? He would be one of the few owners of both consoles on this thread and if any he would be less questionable.

Edit: forgot he actually has a Wii U as well just to make your post even sillier

Be honest, you've mentioned it a few more times than "once" :D I've discussed it with you a few times about it lol...

And in fairness... thats kind of the opposite of how the internet works lol. Your youtube channel is in your sig with the first video being an update on how things are going with the ole clan :D

Not on this thread actually no we havent discussed it :)

As for the links the oul clan is IRL i dont see anything that says IRL in my sig (take blinkers off for a minute :D ) . And you still dont know who I am, what im involved or what scale especially not from my sig links.

Theres plenty of people here who do though and are giggling away Im sure :)

miju wrote: »
    Lol he shells out cash for a PS4 and hes questionable??

What's troubling you miju? is there an issue with the context of the post I responded to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sony have 32 console exclusive games slated for release for the rest of 2014, so I would not think there is any lack of games, some find indie games far more enjoyable than big titles like TLOU and vice versa, so it is enough to keep everyone happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

have i mentioned i have nothing to play on ps4 im getting bored really quickly

In fairness, if you've already played most of the multi-platform games on XB1, then yeah, PS4 doesn't have a whole lot more to add. Add to that the usual summer games drought, and it's just a quiet time for gaming in general.
    Destiny is multiplatform.

I am referring to exclusives and their impact on console sales over a specific period of time, maybe between September and February.

With respect though, September to February is usually jam-packed with all the multi-platform games. Neither PS4 nor XB1 have a lot of exclusives coming out during that period. DriveClub and Sunset Overdrive are the big one for each, along with XB1 release of the Halo Collection. Aside from that, there's little to be said for either consoles exclusives this winter.

ill call it as it is at first i liked the ps4 fresh setting from xbox one but its shortlived unfortunately as the console apart from having next to no exclusives feels cheap in everyway. the controllers are a disgrace anyone that has a ps4 couldnt be possibly be happy with the controllers they are absolutely terrible quality. and anyone that advises anyone here that controller is fine and the console is the bees should be ashamed be honest lads people are spending a lot of money on consoles.

ps+ might be good value with free games you get but i am struggling to play anything on it. killzone multiplayer is muck and infamous while pretty is infamous ugh.

i hate this console war **** ridiculous anyone questions either consoles and people jump down necks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Should be ashamed?

Okayyy....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement