Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

the controllers are a disgrace anyone that has a ps4 couldnt be possibly be happy with the controllers they are absolutely terrible quality. and anyone that advises anyone here that controller is fine and the console is the bees should be ashamed be honest lads people are spending a lot of money on consoles.

That's your opinion though. I've had absolutely no problem with the controller (well, bar the short battery life) and have no problem recommending it. Why should I be "ashamed"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ill call it as it is at first i liked the ps4 fresh setting from xbox one but its shortlived unfortunately as the console apart from having next to no exclusives feels cheap in everyway. the controllers are a disgrace anyone that has a ps4 couldnt be possibly be happy with the controllers they are absolutely terrible quality. and anyone that advises anyone here that controller is fine and the console is the bees should be ashamed be honest lads people are spending a lot of money on consoles.

ps+ might be good value with free games you get but i am struggling to play anything on it. killzone multiplayer is muck and infamous while pretty is infamous ugh.

i hate this console war **** ridiculous anyone questions either consoles and people jump down necks.

The controller is a huge improvement over the PS3 controller, try playing Dark Souls 2 for two weeks and then going back to the DS4, it is a great fit in the hand, is very comfortable and is far more sturdy than the old controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I haven't turned on a console all summer, too bright to be playing games. Well still playing Street Fighter but that's in a friends house.

Also the fact the Xbox pad still needs batteries is an instant 0 score for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"Next to no exclusives"
    "Ashamed"

Thread still delivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

RasTa wrote: »
    I haven't turned on a console all summer, too bright to be playing games. Well still playing Street Fighter but that's in a friends house.

Also the fact the Xbox pad still needs batteries is an instant 0 score for me.

It might take batteries, but id rather that than the DS4's abysmal battery life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Destiny is multiplatform.

I am referring to exclusives and their impact on console sales over a specific period of time, maybe between September and February.

It is multiplatform, but you've said "the PS4 is due a very quiet period after The Last of Us until 2015", to completely ignore what will likely be one of the biggest releases of the year on either console right in the middle of that timeframe seems like a mistake on your part. It will generate sales for both consoles, neither console will have a "quiet period" upon it's release...so don't you think that scuppers your opinion a bit, just a little.
    ill call it as it is at first i liked the ps4 fresh setting from xbox one but its shortlived unfortunately as the console apart from having next to no exclusives feels cheap in everyway.

There appears to be confusion, you said "this thread is crazy its like two groups of teenage lads beating chests and grunting at each other lol" so I asked if this was hypocrtical or ironic [given your past interactions in such triads] it was meant as a jokey interaction as you had called yourself an "xbox fanboy" in the past, that's all.
    i hate this console war **** ridiculous anyone questions either consoles and people jump down necks.

I completely agree, I don't have an allegiance to a console but that doesn't seem to matter, if I question either side it seems assumed that i'm a member of the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Xenji wrote: »
    Sony have 32 console exclusive games slated for release for the rest of 2014, so I would not think there is any lack of games, some find indie games far more enjoyable than big titles like TLOU and vice versa, so it is enough to keep everyone happy.

I am kind of thinking from the average joe point of view. The guys who mainly only play AA and AAA games and not the niche indie titles.

I agree with you that there is plenty of games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Grayditch wrote: »
    "Next to no exclusives"
    "Ashamed"

Thread still delivers.

No one's been called a Nazi yet, I'm disappointed tbh...

It's a great thread really, I had hoped it closed but it's getting funny now.
    It is just the latest variant on the usual willy waving when a couple of consoles go to war for the same market share.
    Speccy Vs Commie
    Atari Vs Everyone else
    Sega Vs Nintendo (several rounds of this, Master System Vs Nes, MD Vs Snes)
    Sega Vs Nintendo Vs Sony
    Sony Vs Nintendo Vs MS
    and so on.
    Same old vile slurs, over generalisations and abuse delivered at a remove so the other person can't just hit them a smack.
    :rolleyes:

It might take batteries, but id rather that than the DS4's abysmal battery life.

Yeah this makes no sense to me, however if that's your preference then fair enough.

I just plug it in when the battery runs out, no big issue. It also charges in standby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

What's troubling you miju? is there an issue with the context of the post I responded to?

Nothing troubling me today :D just pointing out how i wouldnt consider a person with 3 diff consoles a fanboy or questionable :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

40 hours with AA batteries, and 30 hours with the play and charge kit versus what is it, 8 hours battery life on the PS4 controller?

Penn wrote: »
    With respect though, September to February is usually jam-packed with all the multi-platform games. Neither PS4 nor XB1 have a lot of exclusives coming out during that period. DriveClub and Sunset Overdrive are the big one for each, along with XB1 release of the Halo Collection. Aside from that, there's little to be said for either consoles exclusives this winter.

There is also Forza Horizon 2 and Ori and the blind forest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No one's been called a Nazi yet, I'm disappointed tbh...

It's a great thread really, I had hoped it closed but it's getting funny now.
    It is just the latest variant on the usual willy waving when a couple of consoles go to war for the same market share.
    Speccy Vs Commie
    Atari Vs Everyone else
    Sega Vs Nintendo (several rounds of this, Master System Vs Nes, MD Vs Snes)
    Sega Vs Nintendo Vs Sony
    Sony Vs Nintendo Vs MS
    and so on.
    Same old vile slurs, over generalisations and abuse delivered at a remove so the other person can't just hit them a smack.
    :rolleyes:

Pfft, said like a typical Nintendo fanboy. Always trying rise above it all with their small hands and accentuated unibrows…

40 hours with AA batteries, and 30 hours with the play and charge kit versus what is it, 8 hours battery life on the PS4 controller?

Genuine question is the PS4 controller really that bad???

It's no issue as I never play games for 8 hours so nothing to worry about. Seems a strange point to bring up to me anyway. However having batteries in 2014 is to me. The fact there is a play and charge kit just shows MS want you to spend more money as €500 for early adapters wasn't enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

miju wrote: »
    Genuine question is the PS4 controller really that bad???

http://i.imgur.com/O9ygK0s.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

miju wrote: »
    Nothing troubling me today :D just pointing out how i wouldnt consider a person with 3 diff consoles a fanboy or questionable :)

It seems there's been a fundamental misinterpretation on your part then. I did not call DARK-KNIGHT an xbox fanboy, he did, it's a term he applied to himself in the very recent past, as mentioned in the post that didn't trouble you, Lol [oblig], the silliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The battery is not great, but I have the controller plugged into my laptop most of the time, so it is never really an issue.

It is multiplatform, but you've said "the PS4 is due a very quiet period after The Last of Us until 2015", to completely ignore what will likely be one of the biggest releases of the year on either console right in the middle of that timeframe seems like a mistake on your part. It will generate sales for both consoles, neither console will have a "quiet period" upon it's release...so don't you think that scuppers your opinion a bit, just a little.

Not in the slightest. I am referring to the average joe consumer who may be making a console purchase decision between September to the end of 2014. Since multiplatforms games can be bought on either console that's not going to be a major decider for a purchaser.

I am thinking myself if I buy The last of Us bundle now, once I play that there's nothing exclusive that keeps my attention until Bloodborne in 2015. So I think myself I'll wait until 2015 to pick up a PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I've not had any issues with the controller... however I didn't buy a jizzed on second hand one and generally don't get more than a few hours at a time to play it so it's always fully charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

It's no issue as I never play games for 8 hours so nothing to worry about. Seems a strange point to bring up to me anyway. However having batteries in 2014 is to me. The fact there is a play and charge kit just shows MS want you to spend more money as €500 for early adapters wasn't enough.

It takes pretty much the same time to swap out 2 rechargeable batteries as it does to fiddle around with and plug in the cable.

Jesus thats woeful bad
    The fact there is a play and charge kit just shows MS want you to spend more money as €500 for early adapters wasn't enough.

See I would look at it differently. The average Li-ion battery lasts what 2 years at most give or take. So within two years your going to have to replace a whole controller for €60 odd (or just play permanently wired) where as Xbox it's just €30 (assuming you don't have rechargable AA's laying about the place which cost like €10 in Tesco with a charger).

Me thinks it might be Sony looking for you to spend more money rather than MS and maybe those controllers using batteries don't sound as bad now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

In fairness PS4 controller battery life is really ****. The only way I am actually tolerating it, is that I got 2 of them. I just swap them around all the time. I dont even play that much ps4 and it pisses me off.

It takes pretty much the same time to swap out 2 rechargeable batteries as it does to fiddle around with and plug in the cable.

Doesn't cost the same, is my major gripe and point. They should have bundled the kit with the console.

Not in the slightest. I am referring to the average joe consumer who may be making a console purchase decision between September to the end of 2014. Since multiplatforms games can be bought on either console that's not going to be a major decider for a purchaser.

I disagree, "Destiny", in my opinion, is going to sell consoles (for both) so the question for the average is which one? that doesn't really matter in this scenario though as both consoles will see a spike in sales due it's release, how can one of those consoles be deemed to be having "a very quite period"?

Then again, maybe by some fluke "destiny" will tank and have no effect on sales making this whole thing moot or your own hypothesis could be equally off base with no significant swing in momentum :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Doesn't cost the same, is my major gripe and point. They should have bundled the kit with the console.

they should have bundled the kit with the pack in controller but on the other hand controller with P&C costs the same as a ps4 controller and when the battery does die 2-3 years down the line id rather only spend the £15-20 the kit costs than the £45 the controller does

Inaccessible batteries are stupid on something thats supposed to last a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Evade

The 8 or so hours battery life isn't really that much of an issue for me. When I'm not using the controller it's plugged in to my PS4 charging. If I do get a low battery warning when I'm playing it's usually a sign that I should get up to see if my legs still work because I've been sitting down playing videogames for the last 7 hours

NTMK wrote: »
    they should have bundled the kit with the pack in controller but on the other hand controller with P&C costs the same as a ps4 controller and when the battery does die 2-3 years down the line id rather only spend the £15-20 the kit costs than the £45 the controller does

Inaccessible batteries are stupid on something thats supposed to last a long time

So you agree with me then? Did you have a PS3? My pads are still going strong after 2 years , the play and charge from the 360 didn't hold a charge after about a year.

I disagree, "Destiny", in my opinion, is going to sell consoles (for both) so the question for the average is which one? that doesn't really matter in this scenario though as both consoles will see a spike in sales due it's release, how can one of those consoles be deemed to be having "a very quite period"?

Then again, maybe by some fluke "destiny" will tank and have no effect on sales making this whole thing moot or your own hypothesis could be equally off base with no significant swing in momentum :pac:

We are talking about 2 different things.

My point of the PS4 having a quite period of AA and AAA console exclusives between September and February has nothing to do with multiplatform games :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

So you agree with me then? Did you have a PS3? My pads are still going strong after 2 years , the play and charge from the 360 didn't hold a charge after about a year.

the official play and charge kid didnt for the xbox360
    but the 3rd partie ones did :pac:

ps4 joypad is ****e though imo, not just the battery life, its everything about it I just don't like it
    for such an amazing console, they really did wreck the joypad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement