Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I don't think anyone was seriously dissing N++ to be honest, but it is a good test case for gameplay vs graphics.
    And it's on the PS4 but you could probably get it running on a C64!

It was completely in jest, was gonna throw in do these even run at 1080 and 60fps but figured that would open a whole other can of worms :P

zanner wrote: »
    No way Xbox one PS4 all the way no doubt.

I have never had the argument put to me in such a clear and eloquent way before. OMG I completely see the error of my ways is PS4 for the win :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Better luck next time Xbox.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A little early to be calling time on the XB1, given we are still in its first year.
    Please remember the vast majority of people who will own a current gen console are yet to buy one.
    Neither the PS4 or the XB1 showed anything really stellar at the E3 so there's not that much between them on the games front.
    But this has all been ploughed over so many times now.

A little early to be calling time on the XB1, given we are still in its first year.
    Please remember the vast majority of people who will own a current gen console are yet to buy one.
    Neither the PS4 or the XB1 showed anything really stellar at the E3 so there's not that much between them on the games front.
    But this has all been ploughed over so many times now.

Indeed think it's been said it's a marathon not a sprint. But shall we plough it all over again ???? :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

How do i insert facepalm gif

How do i insert facepalm gif

Allow me to oblige :)

StarTrekTripleFacePalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

There's still is no real next gen game out yet that warrants the investment in either next gen console!

We are nearly a year in and it is just poor on both sides. I was both to fork out 450 euro to play a game out on the ps3 TLOU. I wouldn't buy an Xbox one for that very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

To be honest that post everyone is ridiculing is about as useful as any other argument laid down on here. Rarely do we find that people change their views based off of someone's post on an Internet forum so it doesn't matter what you say.

I thought the same North1 but then I managed to pick up a brand new PS4 for €240 and brand new infamous second son for €25 so yeh wasn't gonna pass up on that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

NORTH1 wrote: »
    There's still is no real next gen game out yet that warrants the investment in either next gen console!

Well, there's Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World ;)

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    To be honest that post everyone is ridiculing is about as useful as any other argument laid down on here. Rarely do we find that people change their views based off of someone's post on an Internet forum so it doesn't matter what you say.

I thought the same North1 but then I managed to pick up a brand new PS4 for €240 and brand new infamous second son for €25 so yeh wasn't gonna pass up on that.

Which post in fairness thered alot of them on both sides :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

irishmover wrote: »

I got wii u. What you going to say about that, buster? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

miju wrote: »
    Which post in fairness thered alot of them on both sides :D

Post by Zanner.

I got wii u. What you going to say about that, buster? :pac:

Thats its a rubbish console that has been re-using the same games and outdated and tired characters for nearly 32 years :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thats its a rubbish console that has been re-using the same games and outdated and tired characters for nearly 32 years :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

They're the same IPs, Nintendo make new games the same as anyone else they just reuse their characters.

Not a fan of their games for the most (at least not Mario or Zelda) part but they're not all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Evade

Certainly I'll post it up later once I go back through my DICE history but it's basically to do with the way the game and bullet travel "netcode" is setup and from the point of muzzle flash to bullet "leaving" gun is 120ms which used to be 250ms which is where the root of the getting shot around corners issue comes from.
    Did you find the link for this? I can't find any mention of it anywhere.

Varik wrote: »
    They're the same IPs, Nintendo make new games the same as anyone else they just reuse their characters.

Not a fan of their games for the most (at least not Mario or Zelda) part but they're not all the same.

Ah I know but thats what I mean, talked about it in this thread already but why they feel the need to make games like Dynasty Warriors but will Zelda characters is beyond me why not try make new characters.

I was a big Ninty back in the day but that personally for me is why the Nintendo is a tired brand and I lost all interest in it.

Evade wrote: »
    Did you find the link for this? I can't find any mention of it anywhere.

Ya know man I didnt even get around to looking, will today though (PM me to remind me just in case, I've a fair few of the Dev videos and such)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Uh oh
    Over the past month, we’ve seen a strong spike in interest in our Xbox One console options, including the new $399 offering, and the amazing lineup of games announced during E3. Since the new Xbox One offering launched on June 9th, we’ve seen sales of Xbox One more than double* in the US, compared to sales in May, and solid growth in Xbox 360 sales.

I'm sorry, doubling sales is "Uh Oh" material?
    Sounds pretty good for MS by most other standards, no?

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, doubling sales is "Uh Oh" material?
    Sounds pretty good for MS by most other standards, no?

It was a pretty abysmal month they are talking about with 77k. PS4 sold double in that month so they have doubled to reach PS4 levels with an extra week.

MS is dead, step up into second Nintendo. Japan forever. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Off to get some sushi to celebrate

RasTa wrote: »
    It was a pretty abysmal month they are talking about with 77k. PS4 sold double in that month so they have doubled to reach PS4 levels with an extra week.

MS is dead, step up into second Nintendo. Japan forever. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Off to get some sushi to celebrate

1: Its far from dead still under a year since launch

2: If you think the demise of a console is a good thing for gamers, well says alot really ;)

3: I like honey roasted ham :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Growth is the opposite of death in the marketplace, maybe they're not selling as much as the PS4 (I don't know, I haven't seen last months figures for either) but growth is an encouraging sign, now unless sony have massively increased their own sales it's gonna be pretty difficult to paint that in a bad light.

Growth is the opposite of death in the marketplace, maybe they're not selling as much as the PS4 (I don't know, I haven't seen last months figures for either) but growth is an encouraging sign, now unless sony have massively increased their own sales it's gonna be pretty difficult to paint that in a bad light.

Agreed, it's like alot of people have been saying that alot (NOT ALL) of "pro" PS people have been ignoring. This "war" is a marathon and not a sprint.

MS lagging behind PS in sales has been great for users of the XB1 in terms of what MS has been introducing and so on. I actually hope at some stage MS overtakes Sony in the sales so that PS users can experience the same benefits that XB users have.

This is one of the main benefits of healthy competition and consoles try harding to keep / get your custom :)

In actual seriousness, what games have XB1 users being getting for free the past few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

RasTa wrote: »
    In actual seriousness, what games have XB1 users being getting for free the past few months?

July
    Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - Jul 02
    Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - Jul 02

June
    Halo: Spartan Assault - Jun 03
    Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - Jun 03

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/wiki/gameswithgold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

And what has Microsoft been introducing ? Curious as too what I'm missing out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I really love how media and these companies use bull**** words.

They pulled that **** with Xbox one Titanfall sales. It sold more xboxes then a week before!!! Its like fecking common sense at that stage.

Just give numbers and how they stack up against other numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ah I know but thats what I mean, talked about it in this thread already but why they feel the need to make games like Dynasty Warriors but will Zelda characters is beyond me why not try make new characters.

I was a big Ninty back in the day but that personally for me is why the Nintendo is a tired brand and I lost all interest in it.

They don't make Dynasty warriors, which is probably the best selling series in Japan on home systems recently. In this case it's a joint project but with Koei but they've licensed other Ips for their games; One Piece, Gundam.

Their One Piece game out sold most other games in Japan by 10x at release.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    June
    Halo: Spartan Assault - Jun 03

A candidate for worst game in history

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement