Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Varik wrote: »
    They don't make Dynasty warriors, which is probably the best selling series in Japan on home systems recently. In this case it's a joint project but with Koei but they've licensed other Ips for their games; One Piece, Gundam.

Their One Piece game out sold most other games in Japan by 10x at release.

I know they dont make it , it was one of my fave games. Point is for me I find it boring playing same characters for 31 years in different game types

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

RasTa wrote: »
    It was a pretty abysmal month they are talking about with 77k. PS4 sold double in that month so they have doubled to reach PS4 levels with an extra week.

MS is dead, step up into second Nintendo. Japan forever. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Off to get some sushi to celebrate

Microsoft doubled their sales of Xbox One in June. Fair play :)

awhhh, was your special day ruined lol, you have switched from offensive mode yesterday to defensive mode today lol. Don't cry.

I'd say that sushi will be consumed aggressively :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I think it would be a good thing if xbox gave up, we have two different consoles offering the same games save a handful, its doing nothing but making gamers spend alot more money if they want to play exclusives on both sides.

A healthy bit of competition would be PS4/Wii U both offering different kinds of games (mostly).

I've been gaming for over 25 years and Xbox is the only console platform i never batted an eye at (never purchased), as its just a lesser Playstation clone that offers pretty much the same games except Halo (fps on consoles tbh, lame) We would be better off without it and just having the exclusives from that pouring into the PS/Nintendo consoles IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

nix wrote: »
    I think it would be a good thing if xbox gave up, we have two different consoles offering the same games save a handful, its doing nothing but making gamers spend alot more money if they want to play exclusives on both sides.

A healthy bit of competition would be PS4/Wii U both offering different kinds of games (mostly).

I've been gaming for over 25 years and Xbox is the only console platform i never batted an eye at (never purchased), as its just a lesser Playstation clone that offers pretty much the same games except Halo (fps on consoles tbh, lame) We would be better off without it and just having the exclusives from that pouring into the PS/Nintendo consoles IMO

May I nominate this post for worst attempt at a troll in this thread thus far or most delusional :P:P:P:P:P

Anyone to second ?????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think the original xbox and the xbox 360 were great machines, brought alot of new titles and exclusives as well as being the most powerfull consoles of their time, The Xbox One unfortunately is a totally different story to the original xbox and the xbox 360.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Right, things are getting silly again. Warnings have been issued and any personal jibes from here on will result in a mod action.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can't we all just get along for the sake of Gaming?

Atari Jaguar FTW!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am just happy that Sony and MS are at their throats like that. More deals, more stuff for us.

Sony only became better after getting its arse handed to them, because of PS3 being such a **** on launch. This time around its MS time.

nix wrote: »

Unfortunately many people don't see the big picture. If there was no Xbox and XB live for instance there would be no free games with PSN plus. If there was no Xbox One Sony may have launched the PS4 at a higher price point. Competition is incredibly needed and benefits us all.

Without a doubt I am getting huge value from my XB1 because Sony are way ahead on sales. For the first time in years we are seeing an Xbox gaming division that are listening to what its customers are saying and are implementing requested features every month. I would like this gen of consoles to be incredibly competitive so we has gamers can reap the rewards.

I am just happy that Sony and MS are at their throats like that. More deals, more stuff for us.

Sony only became better after getting its arse handed to them, because of PS3 being such a **** on launch. This time around its MS time.

Agreed. However the PS3 took 6 years (give or take) to get in gear and now the Xbox One is picking up pace after only 8 months.

I would hope for the sales lead of PS4 to continue so Xbox will keep on their current trajectory. It could only benefit us XB1 owners more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I wrote this last year. It seems appropriate even now.

Whoever Wins, We Win

I agree with you in some way, it's like MS are getting just desserts for their arrogance, post successful 360 - exact same way Sony were with the PS2-PS3 era

I got a 360 on launch day in 2005 and about 2007 when MGS IV came out I eventually got a PS3, which remained unused really until I played UC2 and a few sony exclusives....

I played all multiplatforms on 360 and exclusives on PS3, so I suppose I am open to getting an Xbox One down the line, but not enough yet to drop the wad of cash on one to go along with better multiplatform titles on PS4....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Agreed. However the PS3 took 6 years (give or take) to get in gear and now the Xbox One is picking up pace after only 8 months.

I would hope for the sales lead of PS4 to continue so Xbox will keep on their current trajectory. It could only benefit us XB1 owners more.

It took about 3 years. From 2009 onwards the PS3 was churning out massive amounts of high quality exclusives consistently.

Competition is great, but even when the PS2 didn't have any meaningful competion they still threw out masses of exclusives. Sony just has the studios and pedigree in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fieldog wrote: »
    I agree with you in some way, it's like MS are getting just desserts for their arrogance, post successful 360 - exact same way Sony were with the PS2-PS3 era

I got a 360 on launch day in 2005 and about 2007 when MGS IV came out I eventually got a PS3, which remained unused really until I played UC2 and a few sony exclusives....

I played all multiplatforms on 360 and exclusives on PS3, so I suppose I am open to getting an Xbox One down the line, but not enough yet to drop the wad of cash on one to go along with better multiplatform titles on PS4....

I dont know when I will get Xbox one. I will get it eventually, but it wont happen any time soon. I got Wii U few days ago and that says a lot how useless xbox one is for me.

I really dont understand the point of getting both PS4 and Xbox one right now. One of those and Wii U would be better option. Or PC + Wii U.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It took about 3 years. From 2009 onwards the PS3 was churning out massive amounts of high quality exclusives consistently.

Competition is great, but even when the PS2 didn't have any meaningful competion they still threw out masses of exclusives. Sony just has the studios and pedigree in that regard.

I think 2011 was the year for the PS3 to make its turnaround.

I think 2011 was the year for the PS3 to make its turnaround.

As far as exclusives went, it was slowly burning until 2009 when it really took off in that regard. I've no interest in the sales aspect of it, but as far as I'm aware it was outselling the 360 worldwide for many years. Which makes sense considering it was 20 odd million behind when it first came out.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    As far as exclusives went, it was slowly burning until 2009 when it really took off in that regard. I've no interest in the sales aspect of it, but as far as I'm aware it was outselling the 360 worldwide for many years. Which makes sense considering it was 20 odd million behind when it first came out.

What 2009 PS3 exclusives turned it around in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Uncharted 2.

What 2009 PS3 exclusives turned it around?

Uncharted 2, Wipeout HD Fury, Infamous and Demon Souls off the top of my head...

I'm sure there is more....

Uncharted 2.

Any other exclusives?

• Advertisement

Uncharted 2, Wipeout HD Fury, Infamous and Demon Souls off the top of my head...

As well as Killzone 2 off the top of my own head as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue would have been a pretty big one too.
    Killzone 2 was 2009 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain (Ok thats was early 2010 but still) Demon's Souls, God of War.. And there's a few others.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain (Ok thats was early 2010 but still) Demon's Souls, God of War.. And there's a few others.

God of War and Heavy Rain were 2010, but just shows the momentum the PS3 had year after year. 2011 was even bigger and it continued even into 2013 when the PS4 launch was imminent.

Any other exclusives?

Infamous
    Killzone 2
    God of War 3
    Ratchet and Clank
    The agency (also on PC)
    Gran Turismo 5
    Yakuza 3
    Trico
    Uncharted 2
    Jak 4
    Heavy Rain
    White Knight Chronicles
    Final Fantasy XIII Versus
    Demon’s Soul
    MAG
    Wardevil
    Twisted Metal

Infamous
    Killzone 2
    God of War 3
    Ratchet and Clank
    The agency (also on PC)
    Gran Turismo 5
    Yakuza 3
    Trico
    Uncharted 2
    Jak 4
    Heavy Rain
    White Knight Chronicles
    Final Fantasy XIII Versus
    Demon’s Soul
    MAG
    Wardevil
    Twisted Metal

Which ones stood out for you?

Which ones stood out for you?

inFamous.
    Uncharted 2
    MAG
    Heavy Rain
    Demon's Souls.

Though GT5 would have been another big seller for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The PS3 exclusive literally just made my 360 gather dust. Then I started buying all my games, as in multiplatformers on PS3, while checking back to see if there was any decent 360 exclusives, but bar the Witcher 2 and maybe Halo 4, they dried up and the dust gathered again, while the PS3 was getting some class exclusives. For me... Games I was interested in.

Started Demon's Souls again today. I'd be doing my nut if I had bought an XBOX One only to see Bloodborne as a PS4 exclusive. Again, in terms of what I'm interested in.

Grayditch wrote: »
    The PS3 exclusive literally just made my 360 gather dust. Then I started buying all my games, as in multiplatformers on PS3, while checking back to see if there was any decent 360 exclusives, but bar the Witcher 2 and maybe Halo 4, they dried up and the dust gathered again, while the PS3 was getting some class exclusives. For me... Games I was interested in.

Yeah, Microsoft really stalled on the exclusives and from a certain point it seemed they were just happy with having with people buying the 360 for cross platform games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Looking at picking up a PS4 in the next month or so, wheres the best place to buy? Amazon seems much more expensive than just buying in store?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement