Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

the ps4 virtual reality headset when is it available? what is it called? any idea what price will be?

No idea.

Project Morpheus is only the name it's using during development - like Orbis for PS4.

Again, no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I believe they're aiming for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

a 1000 bucks :eek:

no chance i'm paying anything like that as itll probably only be a gimmick.
    look at kinect its pretty much dead now.

problem i think it that it wont be open enough on the consoles to have any impact.

like look at rift you can already get amazing stuff for it and its now fully launched

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Fieldog wrote: »
    Frame rate drops and v sync tearing on that video?

Yeah the gap is getting bigger from what my eyes are telling me....

The 2.40 mark in particular...

I can't watch the video right now, but if that's the case I'd rather a lower res and a smooth game. I think anyone would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Grayditch wrote: »
    I can't watch the video right now, but if that's the case I'd rather a lower res and a smooth game. I think anyone would.

you will stop noticing lower res as you play and get used to it but you will not stop noticing tearing and low frame rates :(

That said they did say in the video the res and frame rate was the same on both consoles now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Fieldog wrote: »
    Frame rate drops and v sync tearing on that video?

Yeah the gap is getting bigger from what my eyes are telling me....

The 2.40 mark in particular...

How many frame rate drops and tearing did you notice?

Is there 0 frame rate drop and no screen tear on the PS4 version?

Looks very good to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Destiny confirmed at 1080p on Xbox One. Here's the first video footage of Destiny @ 1080p on XB1.

The gap is narrowing :D

There is no gap to narrow. :confused:

Both consoles can do 1080p, it's just lazy developers who don't utilise the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yup, and we all know that there only 2 ways version can differ: FPS and Resolution. Everything else never changes and is written in stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

LADS ITS A BETA HOW CAN ANYTHING BE JUDGED FROM A BETA? sorry for caps but anger rising makes hulk mad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

LADS ITS A BETA HOW CAN ANYTHING BE JUDGED FROM A BETA? sorry for caps but anger rising makes hulk mad ;)

I always thought of a beta of a game to be the final version bar a few bugs to be ironed out and polishing:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

F1ngers wrote: »
    There is no gap to narrow. :confused:

Both consoles can do 1080p, it's just lazy developers who don't utilise the consoles.

This is sarcasm isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

How many frame rate drops and tearing did you notice?

Is there 0 frame rate drop and no screen tear on the PS4 version?

Looks very good to me.

I personally noticed quite a few considering I'm playing since the Alpha and have done the same scene at least 10 times at this stage levelling up my characters....

Of course each version will drop frames at intense parts of action but that very part I have done a few times now and it doesn't screen tear and drop frames on PS4 the way it seems to on Xbox One...

The beta won't be a good judge of it either as the Xbox one version will be 900p resolution...

I await digital foundry video of the released version on both consoles side on side....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

This is sarcasm isn't it?
    ITS EASIER for devs to get the most from ps4 but both can comfortably kick out 1080 p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'd rather the PS4 version be at a lower res and higher framerate tbh, 30fps in a shooter is ridiculous at this point. I really like the potential this game has, just a shame they are already being bottlenecked by the hardware. We need a PC version :D

Still, i'm looking forward to the game.

P.S.... don't worry xbox owners, im sure the magic in the clouds and that dx super sauce will be ready soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Magill wrote: »
    I'd rather the PS4 version be at a lower res and higher framerate tbh, 30fps in a shooter is ridiculous at this point. I really like the potential this game has, just a shame they are already being bottlenecked by the hardware. We need a PC version :D

P.S.... don't worry xbox owners, im sure the magic in the clouds and that dx super sauce will be ready soon.

I more or less agree. I'd rather have lower resolution & a higher framerate any day of the week. Sometimes I feel people get caught up in this whole 1080p stuff...if a game comes in 1080p at the cost of frame rate it's disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Myrddin wrote: »
    I more or less agree. I'd rather have lower resolution & a higher framerate any day of the week. Sometimes I feel people get caught up in this whole 1080p stuff...if a game comes in 1080p at the cost of frame rate it's disappointing.

I just prefer having both and have eye candy on.

*kisses his PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Magill wrote: »

Agreed, It is ridiculous for a shooter to be at 30 FPS. I get that they want to make it really beautiful but at what cost.

It sounds like the PC version has been put off for a while, probably so it wont dilute the game sales on consoles. I'd say the PC version will be the 60 frames +

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

dunworth1 wrote: »
    a 1000 bucks :eek:

no chance i'm paying anything like that as itll probably only be a gimmick.
    look at kinect its pretty much dead now.

problem i think it that it wont be open enough on the consoles to have any impact.

like look at rift you can already get amazing stuff for it and its now fully launched

He said it wouldn't be 1000$. Expect around 250-300$.

Kinect and VR aren't comparable, they're nothing alike.

I think Sony have proved themselves to be open enough regarding indie development to not start doubting them now.

Rift isn't fully launched, it's still in development and takes ages to get a development kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Of course the ONE can do 1080p, so can the PS4 and both can have a 1080P game running at 60fps using 100% of the consoles power and filling a 50GB Blu-ray with a single player that isn't 5 hours long.

None of this **** means anything by itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gust are considering the new consoles for the next Atelier game and with Atelier Shallie just released it could mean the series moving the PS4. Gust were quick to move to PS3 and with most developers going to handheld and Final Fantasy in trouble, the excellent Atelier games were some of the best games Japanese games on the system (and far better than muck like ni no Kuni). Will be good to get some (if small) jrpg support on the system even if it will inevitably get a vita port.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/22/gust-considering-newer-consoles-next-atelier-game/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Microsoft Earnings Release FY14 Q4

1.1 million Xbox 360 and Xbox One's SHIPPED in the fourth quarter. So, probably <600k One's shipped? These figures are no bueno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Keno wrote: »
    Microsoft Earnings Release FY14 Q4

1.1 million Xbox 360 and Xbox One's SHIPPED in the fourth quarter. So, probably <600k One's shipped? These figures are no bueno.

So... is that a good or bad thing compared to the Wii U sales?

I bought a PS4 last week, so I helped Sony there :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Keno wrote: »

I'm not seeing that description of SHIPPED anywhere in the link, I do however see "1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter, as we drew down channel inventory" which doesn't differentiate between Xbox 360s or XB1 :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

miju wrote: »
    I'm not seeing that description of SHIPPED anywhere in the link, I do however see "1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter, as we drew down channel inventory" which doesn't differentiate between Xbox 360s or XB1 :confused::confused::confused::confused:

It says 'sold in' which means shipped to retailers, sold through is sold to customers. The grouping of Xbox one and 360 together is what makes the numbers bad, as they're trying to hide the low Xbox One shipped number by grouping the two together.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

miju wrote: »

"We sold in 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter".

Solid in is shipped to retailers. Sold through is sold to consumers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

That really doesn't look good but I haven't seen sony's numbers to give it context, maybe those figures aren't bad for this time of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That really doesn't look good but I haven't seen sony's numbers to give it context, maybe those figures aren't bad for this time of the year?

I agree in general, but they also note that the sold in figure for the same period last year was 1million, but that would have been 360 only. I don't know what "as we drew down channel inventory" means though.

Total relevant quote for clarity:
    "Xbox Platform revenue increased $104 million or 14%, driven primarily by increased console revenue. We sold in 1.1 million consoles in the fourth quarter, as we drew down channel inventory, compared to 1.0 million consoles during the prior year."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The new consoles from both manufacturers are selling faster than any of their previous gens did at launch, so despite the concern of the internet, I've a feeling they'll be grand. The shareholders / board of directors mightn't be as happy, but its not like games are going to stop being made for either console.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

is the XB1 selling faster than previous generation consoles ? I'd be surprised if its on par with the PS2 or even the Xbox 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

its not like games are going to stop being made for either console.

I wish they'd hurry up and START making games for the Xbox One :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement