Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So MS comes out with bull**** talk and with "smart " terms. Then they grouped up numbers of 360 and one's. All this means, that they are hiding the bad figures.
    Stuff like this annoys me the ****.

I don't expect huge ps4 and wii u numbers as it is middle of the summer with not much games out to make you go and buy consoles. I hope sony and nintendo will drop corporate bull**** and just show the numbers, even if these are not great ( as expected, due to time of the year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Terrible numbers, grouping it together with 360 makes it even worse.

No wonder production has stopped since they can't even sell the ones they are shipping.

Nintendo will take over soon and MS might just ditch the console instead of wasting another 100's of millions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

The new consoles from both manufacturers are selling faster than any of their previous gens did at launch, so despite the concern of the internet, I've a feeling they'll be grand. The shareholders / board of directors mightn't be as happy, but its not like games are going to stop being made for either console.

That's not entirely true with the Xbox one. It's something they've been saying for months, but in actuality around March/April, 80% of those sales were before Christmas, it has slowed down massively. The reason it did was because they had a million consoles or so on launch day when the 360 had nowhere near that figure and was supply constrained for a bit after as far as I recall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Lads I am going to bid this thread adieu. It has been fun, but seriously can't be dealing with trying to talk to some PS4 fanboys here who praise Sony for doing something and when MS do the same thing they are slated, it's frankly sad to see as there is defending your corner and then blindly following a brand ;)

Miju's final thought, "long may all the consoles tear the throats out of each other and hopefully no gaming platform will ever become the dominant one as it only is bad for the gamers and that includes the fanboys"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Maybe possible Xbox buyers are you know am enjoying the summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So MS comes out with bull**** talk and with "smart " terms. Then they grouped up numbers of 360 and one's. All this means, that they are hiding the bad figures.
    Stuff like this annoys me the ****.

It means nothing.

This referenced report is for investors more than consumers. They are showing the revenue for the Xbox division.

I would like to see a consumer focused report from both Sony & Microsoft that show hardware sales figures but neither company do. They just throw around big numbers with no real detail.

RasTa wrote: »
    Terrible numbers, grouping it together with 360 makes it even worse.

No wonder production has stopped since they can't even sell the ones they are shipping.

Nintendo will take over soon and MS might just ditch the console instead of wasting another 100's of millions

I wasn't aware that production of the Xbox One has been halted.

I assume you have a reliable source for confirming this? and its not just wishful, creative thinking on your part lol

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I wasn't aware that production of the Xbox One has been halted.

I assume you have a reliable source for confirming this?

Doesn't it say as much in press release above? Saying they're selling stock that was left over from before?

I could be inferring that incorrectly however.

Doesn't it say as much in press release above? Saying they're selling stock that was left over from before?

I could be inferring that incorrectly however.

Nope. I don't see it anywhere stating Microsoft have stopped production of the Xbox One :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I had a look as to what "drew down channel inventory" meant

draw down, to deplete or be depleted through use or consumption

channel inventory, the amount of inventory that is in the process of being made available for delivery to the end customer.

So I don't think it means they're stopping or slowing down production. More likely that they're shipping out what inventory they have. They'll have to be making more anyway for release in new countries/markets later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

lads this thread is an absolute car crash...

so ms are not producing anymore ones in a bid to try sell the stock they have...

have any of you previewed any of your posts? i bet you would consider posting them again if you did.

and i have three consoles wii u, xbox one and ps4 maybe thats an unecessary luxury but thats my choice to have it that way.

its sad to see both sides sniping over this thread, are you adults?

miju made a great point in saying its bad for gamers if one console wins out. i really dont get why anyone gives a **** what console they have etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's quite baffling, but both "sides/teams/clans" seem to enjoy what they're doing and being happy is the key to a good life :P
    The funny thing for me is that I'm looking for reasons to stick with MS, but MS keep giving me more reasons to switch! I'm genuinely quite worried about them in the short term and hope they don't make more rash decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Agreed. Sales etc equate to widescale quantity, not individual quality. What matters most is how happy each of us are with our own consoles.

Credit should always be given when it's due. MS's monthly updates are trouncing Sony's. PS4 update yesterday was nothing more than "improved stability in certain features".

Sony really need to get the finger out and start making their updates meatier. At least one new feature should always be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Penn wrote: »
    I had a look as to what "drew down channel inventory" meant

draw down, to deplete or be depleted through use or consumption

channel inventory, the amount of inventory that is in the process of being made available for delivery to the end customer.

So I don't think it means they're stopping or slowing down production. More likely that they're shipping out what inventory they have. They'll have to be making more anyway for release in new countries/markets later this year.

They are producing a lot more as many of the consoles are locale specific and cannot be sold anywhere but the country they are designed for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

They are producing a lot more as many of the consoles are locale specific and cannot be sold anywhere but the country they are designed for.
    The hardware is the same everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

so ms are not producing anymore ones in a bid to try sell the stock they have...

They've slowed down production or worse that have huge amounts of xbox ones sitting in warehouse, which creats storage costs. They announced a couple of months back that they were slowing production until the consoles that were already in the retail channel unsold were sold. if retailers have xbox ones sitting on shelves they don't want more to add to the pile. I'll try to find the article from Microsoft where they said this.

EDIT: Link to article from April where this is expressly said by the CEO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Seems to be a lot of tears from the xbox camp today ? Don't see whats wrong with talking about sales figures, not really a big deal.. guess its only fine when it suits some peoples agendas. All 3 companies have used it as a form of marketing in the past. Xbox had a weakish quarter, no need to get so defensive about people pointing it out.

Xbox crew in this thread:
    Call everyone fanboys and then
    tumblr_mbjaxkrJzi1roglxl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

COYVB wrote: »
    The hardware is the same everywhere

Incorrect. There are quite specific restrictions on wifi in particular in some regions that require a hardware mod to the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Magill wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of tears from the xbox camp today ? Don't see whats wrong with talking about sales figures, not really a big deal.. guess its only fine when it suits some peoples agendas. All 3 companies have used it as a form of marketing in the past. Xbox had a weakish quarter, no need to get so defensive about people pointing it out.

I know ya sure wasn't the ps3 sales quiet sh ite for the first year or so? always time to square things up, no point getting hurt over console sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Nolars wrote: »
    I know ya sure wasn't the ps3 sales quiet sh ite for the first year or so? always time to square things up, no point getting hurt over console sales.

Exactly, I remember reading articles and forum posts for years about how the Xbox 360 was crushing the PS3 in sales etc, it happens, people like to talk figures. Didn't really impact the consoles that much as the PS3 in the end had far superior games imo.

I mean the same people complaining about PS4 "Fanboys" pointing it out are the ones not so long ago were claiming Nintendo are going to quit making consoles and develop 3rd party games because their sales were much lower than the PS4's.

Magill wrote: »

The typical response from the Church of Sonytology.

Why do you get defensive, etc etc. No one said there is anything wrong with discussing sales, maybe you'd like to point out a post that refers to this.

tumblr_mbjaxkrJzi1roglxl.gif

fanboys_by_UrbanPinoy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Christ.

This thread
    300px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Jesus this thread took a turn to crazy town

Michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭Corvo

So eh....thinking of buying a Next Gen console this week - haven't had a Playstation since number 2. Been Xbox since. Dare I ask which is the better choice?

Corvo wrote: »
    So eh....thinking of buying a Next Gen console this week - haven't had a Playstation since number 2. Been Xbox since. Dare I ask which is the better choice?

What games do you like to play?

Have many of your Xbox Live friends transferred to the Xbox One yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

not in here the xbox people ill say xbox and PS4 will say Ps4. Ask people who have both.

Option 1: If you already got a good PC, then buy Wii U.

Option 2: If you dont have a good PC, then check which exclusive games tickle your fancy. If non of the exclusives work for you, then buy PS4 as it has better multiplatform versions.

Option 3: Check which console all your friends playing with. No point buying PS4, if your friends playing on xbox one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

All depends on the games. I'd look at their franchises, too. Xbox has halo, forza, and you'd know more as you'd be familiar with xbox. Playstation has The Last of Us, Uncharted, Infamous, etc.

Factor in the games you've interest in now and the games coming out for both over the next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement