Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony just finished up a lawsuit about the hack, $15m paid out with free stuff but the free stuff is almost exactly what they offered back with the "welcome back" program.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I was actually playing Ryse during the week.... can confirm... its ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm just thinking.
    Instead of buying a PS4 I could get another Nuon instead, or a copy of Gleylancer, Musha Aleste, Earthbound and Harmful Park.... Hmm...

and streets of rage

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think it's fair to say that you do need to play a game before you have the right to call it ****.

By that logic, next time I to go and buy the car, I will need to buy 15 different ones and decide which one is good, and which one is ****.
    Thankfully we live in a world where we can get information very easily and decide if product is **** without buying it.

If you lads really defending Ryse as a good game, then holy **** you are up the MS ass so deep that I cant even say where MS starts and where you end. :pac:

Saying this, Knack is **** too. So hold your tits before calling me a Sony fanboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

By that logic, next time I to go and buy the car, I will need to buy 15 different ones and decide which one is good, and which one is ****.
    Thankfully we live in a world where we can get information very easily and decide if product is **** without buying it.

If you lads really defending Ryse as a good game, then holy **** you are up the MS ass so deep that I cant even say where MS starts and where you end. :pac:

Saying this, Knack is **** too. So hold your tits before calling me a Sony fanboy.

That's a dumb analogy. Plus I never said you need to buy it, just try it.
    Similar to how'd you test drive a car before deciding if you liked it or not.

I didn't defend it, I never played it. I don't know if it's good or bad. But I think a game is something you need to have played yourself to make an opinion on rather than listening to other people on the internet.

• Advertisement

That's a dumb analogy. Plus I never said you need to buy it, just try it.
    Similar to how'd you test drive a car before deciding if you liked it or not.

I didn't defend it, I never played it. I don't know if it's good or bad. But I think a game is something you need to have played yourself to make an opinion on rather than listening to other people on the internet.

There are games you like or dislike, and there are games that are **** or good.
    Example: I dislike Skyrim, but it is a good game ( for other people ).
    Ryse is a **** game, which can be liked or disliked by other people.

So where can I go and try out Ryse so? Nobody I know has Xbox one and local shops do not have xbox one demo unit with Ryse. Sorry, but same way goes with cars. Nobody I know owns a Subaru and I could not pop in to nearest dealership just to have a wee go at it. I did my research online and bought subaru. Happy out.

Maybe thats why so many ****y games actually are so financially successful? Instead of doing their homework on them, gamers just buy that ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

You don't need to hold a turd in your hands to know that Ryse is ****.

But knowing some members on boards.ie they will defend xbox one even if it will stay then in chest.

you haven't played it, your opinion is invalid
    knowing some members on boards.ie they will talk ****e about xbox no matter what.

Ryse is a decent game, any chance you get to troll the xbox one you do it so why do you think people would defend it? it funny because I'm not even defending xbox one here I'm defending a game which is actually worth 20-30quid easily to someone whos only judging it because its on xbox one :pac:

just because someone likes a game, means were stuck up the consoles makers arse? are you really serious haha by god this thread has gone downhill everytime you post

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    you haven't played it, your opinion is invalid
    knowing some members on boards.ie they will talk ****e about xbox no matter what.

Ryse is a decent game, any chance you get to troll the xbox one you do it so why do you think people would defend it? it funny because I'm not even defending xbox one here I'm defending a game which is actually worth 20-30quid easily to someone whos only judging it because its on xbox one :pac:

just because someone likes a game, means were stuck up the consoles makers arse? are you really serious haha by god this thread has gone downhill everytime you post

No no. Ryse is not ****, because its on Xbox one. Ryse is **** as a game - period.

If you have not played it - your opinion is invalid. Most retarded thing I ever heard.

So where can I go and try out Ryse so? Nobody I know has Xbox one and local shops do not have xbox one demo unit with Ryse. Sorry, but same way goes with cars. Nobody I know owns a Subaru and I could not pop in to nearest dealership just to have a wee go at it. I did my research online and bought subaru. Happy out.

Maybe thats why so many ****y games actually are so financially successful? Instead of doing their homework on them, gamers just buy that ****?

not as bad as the movie industry making transformers 4 no 1 in the box office

There are games that are **** or good in your opinion.
    There isn't any fact when it comes to if a game is good or bad.

If you haven't tried a game, then you say nothing about it. You don't go around telling people it's ****, because for all you know they could be one of the people who end up liking the game.

Maybe ****ty games are so financially successful because they appeal to different interests than you?

• Advertisement

No no. Ryse is not ****, because its on Xbox one. Ryse is **** as a game - period.

you haven't played it, so giving someone an opinion on the game is bad advice.
    By all means you could say it "looks ****e" but you can't say its ****e fact.

everyones experiences are different
    and Ryse got alot of praise from internet users, it was a well recieved game from lots of people, the reviews were very mixed as well, indicating that the game is well liked by some and not by others.

Ryse is ****. Thats all I can say about it. I watched reviews of it, I watched gameplay, read peoples opinions. Its a rushed out piece of **** game with QTE in it.
    Your argument is invalid.

Ryse is ****. Thats all I can say about it. I watched reviews of it, I watched gameplay, read peoples opinions. Its a rushed out piece of **** game with QTE in it.

Nope.

Funny fact. And I wish this whole "if you did not played, you dont have right to talk about a game" bull**** go and die in a skip.

I knew Mariokart has a huge gamer base that love this franchise. I dont like it and I dont care for it. I did not buy this franchise as I knew I wont like it as I play it mostly Solo on consoles. It has ZERO for me as a single player experience.

I bought Mariokart 8 with wii u, but only, because it had a Free game coming with it ( a game that I would buy anyway ) and that it has 4 people local co-op. I played Mariokart on my own and its boring, its not a game for me, but when I get 4 people with a few drinks it becomes a fun game.
    So here comes the "rocket science" ladies. I knew I wont like it, I played it, and SHOCKINGLY I DID NOT LIKED IT. You need to be a retard to buy every single game to find out if you like it or not.

Stop it with this bull****. We live in INFORMATION age. Information is the most valuable resource on the planet. You are lucky to have ability to find information on product and making your opinion on it, without even buying a product. If you cant use that information to your advantage, you can blame only yourself, when you need to buy a product to decide if its any good.

Funny fact. And I wish this whole "if you did not played, you dont have right to talk about a game" bull**** go and die in a skip.

I knew Mariokart has a huge gamer base that love this franchise. I dont like it and I dont care for it. I did not buy this franchise as I knew I wont like it as I play it mostly Solo on consoles. It has ZERO for me as a single player experience.

I bought Mariokart 8 with wii u, but only, because it had a Free game coming with it ( a game that I would buy anyway ) and that it has 4 people local co-op. I played Mariokart on my own and its boring, its not a game for me, but when I get 4 people with a few drinks it becomes a fun game.
    So here comes the "rocket science" ladies. I knew I wont like it, I played it, and SHOCKINGLY I DID NOT LIKED IT. You need to be a retard to buy every single game to find out if you like it or not.

Stop it with this bull****. We live in INFORMATION age. Information is the most valuable resource on the planet. You are lucky to have ability to find information on product and making your opinion on it, without even buying a product. If you cant use that information to your advantage, you can blame only yourself, when you need to buy a product to decide if its any good.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that people can know if they'd like a game before trying it.

What I'm saying is that different people have different tastes, and if you haven't played a game you should just not say anything about it rather than go around telling everybody it's ****.
    Let them decide for themselves, or from someone who's opinion is actually valid.

Would you tell people a movie that you haven't seen is ****?

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that people can know if they'd like a game before trying it.

What I'm saying is that different people have different tastes, and if you haven't played a game you should just not say anything about it rather than go around telling everybody it's ****.
    Let them decide for themselves, or from someone who's opinion is actually valid.

I would if its transformers or twilight :P

Yes! Because there are people who getting payed to watch these movies and then tell me if its any good or not. Why would I put myself through 2 hours of **** when I was told from someone I trust that it is ****.

Clearly your a young lad, I'm done debating this with you, your just wrong full stop, you can form your own opinion of a game from the internet by watching vids and listening to "reviews which are biased and based on one persons interest"
    but you can't give advice whether or not to get it saying its ****e to someone who seems interested in it, because you have not played it. But your very biased so the fact you hate the xbox one and are always trolling it in every post you write (I think you set a record their) your opinion of a game which is exclusive to xbox one is already a bad one, because you had your mind made up about that game before the first gameplay vid :pac:

Clearly your a young lad, I'm done debating this with you, your just wrong full stop, you can form your own opinion of a game from the internet by watching vids and listening to "reviews which are biased and based on one persons interest"
    but you can't give advice whether or not to get it saying its ****e to someone who seems interested in it, because you have not played it. But your very biased so the fact you hate the xbox one and are always trolling it in every post you write (I think you set a record their) your opinion of a game which is exclusive to xbox one is already a bad one, because you had your mind made up about that game before the first gameplay vid :pac:

you're ;)

Yes! Because there are people who getting payed to watch these movies and then tell me if its any good or not. Why would I put myself through 2 hours of **** when I was told from someone I trust that it is ****.

In that case you say "I haven't seen it, but someone else told me it was bad".
    You should learn to form your own opinion though, it's a useful thing to be able to do. I'd hate to be relying on other people to tell me how I should feel about things.

• Advertisement

someone you trust? I don't think that poster trusts you or you trust them and your telling them its ****? I wouldn't trust a single word you say about any xbox exclusive because you hate it so much (for a good reason albeit)

you are ;)

My bad
    you're
    you are

Did I pass the grammar test sir? :pac:

Nice edit by the way ;)

you're ;)

Ah now. I don't think you're anybody to be correcting people about their grammar. It's been difficult reading your posts at times.

My bad
    you're
    you are

Did I pass the grammar test sir? :pac:

hmmm

B-

:P

Its funny that I hate xbox and you saying it again and again and again. Stop calling me a troll. I already reported that as its not a first post you just call me a troll instead of debating.

You know whats the difference between fanboy and a gamer?

I own/owned almost all gaming devices and I have so much **** to say about all of them. In fact I did said a lot of **** about every single one. Even today I gave a good bolloxing to Sony.
    And then there are people who just defend their pick blindly and even trying to push its negatives as positives and even if a product is ****, they will still defend it.

Food for though.

Ah now. I don't think you're anybody to be correcting people about their grammar. It's been difficult reading your posts at times.

Only when I be ranting/typing just waking up or given what day of the week it is ;P

In that case you say "I haven't seen it, but someone else told me it was bad".
    You should learn to form your own opinion though, it's a useful thing to be able to do. I'd hate to be relying on other people to tell me how I should feel about things.

I form my opinion from information I gather. Even if its negative or positive opinion, its an opinion or information you can use for your own advantage. Something that reviewer or individual finds as a negative can be positive for me. Its all about finding information and using it. Not fallowing it blindly. there are plenty of games that I bought and enjoyed even if reviews were very harsh to them.
    I dont know how explain it even simpler. Or you just want keep banging on that I am wrong.

Its funny that I hate xbox and you saying it again and again and again. Stop calling me a troll. I already reported that as its not a first post you just call me a troll instead of debating.

You know whats the difference between fanboy and a gamer?

I own/owned almost all gaming devices and I have so much **** to say about all of them. In fact I did said a lot of **** about every single one. Even today I gave a good bolloxing to Sony.
    And then there are people who just defend their pick blindly and even trying to push its negatives as positives and even if a product is ****, they will still defend it.

Food for though.

But you are trolling, :pac: ask anyone here to check your previous post history, 2/3 or your posts have been dissing xbox without reason when no one was even debating anything.

I never called you a sony fanboy :pac: infact I'd agree with most of your posts apart from the obvious slagging of a console when that discussion is not even happening. And then repeating the slagging days afterwards when no one is talking about that particular reason the console is a "negetitive"
    I also own alot of consoles
    but I don't go hating on the one console in nearly all my posts, reason is, it brings the thread down then arguements start flying.
    Yes defend and pick blindly, But I ain't defending anything apart from a game your calling ****e when you have not played it. Its not valid advice to another poster because he may actually like it. If you played it fair enough, but its actually a decent game, I've always said its not worth more then 30e but any less its worth a buy, might be even free soon, then people on the xbox one will actually see its not all that bad if they thought any different.

edit: reported me ? you feel the need to say that? haha ok

I form my opinion from information I gather. Even if its negative or positive opinion, its an opinion or information you can use for your own advantage. Something that reviewer or individual finds as a negative can be positive for me. Its all about finding information and using it. Not fallowing it blindly. there are plenty of games that I bought and enjoyed even if reviews were very harsh to them.
    I dont know how explain it even simpler. Or you just want keep banging on that I am wrong.

You are wrong, for giving advice on a game to someone you don't know, and on a game that you don't even have the console to play it on. Your forming your OWN opinion on it, but giving your own advice out whether to buy it or not
    IS WRONG

I am not saying you are wrong by forming your own opinion by way of internet
    I am saying giving the advice on whether to buy it or not if you have not played it nor own the console and infact hating said console is not right.
    For all you know that poster could love that game :pac:

edit: I think I got the point across, if not well then I'm not bothered replying as its just back and forth. Agree to disagree

• Advertisement

someone you trust? I don't think that poster trusts you or you trust them and your telling them its ****? I wouldn't trust a single word you say about any xbox exclusive because you hate it so much (for a good reason albeit)

Forza Motorsport is the Best Franchise on home consoles when it comes to semi sim racing experience. Its way better then Gran Turismo series by a LONG ****.

There are posters that I would trust their opinion. and I do trust it for a good few years now. Do they trust me my opinion? I could not give a ****. I could type "Take it for whats its worth and nothing more".

As for your opinion on anything, not just MS, gameing related? Lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement