Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I form my opinion from information I gather. Even if its negative or positive opinion, its an opinion or information you can use for your own advantage. Something that reviewer or individual finds as a negative can be positive for me. Its all about finding information and using it. Not fallowing it blindly. there are plenty of games that I bought and enjoyed even if reviews were very harsh to them.
    I dont know how explain it even simpler. Or you just want keep banging on that I am wrong.

The very first line is where I disagree. You can't form your own opinion on something from others reviews. You can read their reviews, and trust it if you want. But regurgitating that information is not your opinion, it's theirs.

When it comes to games/movies you need to experience them for yourself to have your own opinion on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Forza Motorsport is the Best Franchise on home consoles when it comes to semi sim racing experience. Its way better then Gran Turismo series by a LONG ****.

There are posters that I would trust their opinion. and I do trust it for a good few years now. Do they trust me my opinion? I could not give a ****. I could type "Take it for whats its worth and nothing more".

As for your opinion on anything, not just MS, gameing related? Lol.

I prefer xbox one, bought ps4 for exlusives, both consoles are the same, if anything the only real differences are the joypads, everything else is minimal.

was that a question? or just trying to troll me now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    You are wrong, for giving advice on a game to someone you don't know, and on a game that you don't even have the console to play it on. Your forming your OWN opinion on it, but giving your own advice out whether to buy it or not
    IS WRONG

I am not saying you are wrong by forming your own opinion by way of internet
    I am saying giving the advice on whether to buy it or not if you have not played it nor own the console and infact hating said console is not right.
    For all you know that poster could love that game :pac:

edit: I think I got the point across, if not well then I'm not bothered replying as its just back and forth. Agree to disagree

Wasnt the whole Boards.ie idea about people exchanging opinions? People coming here and asking opinions and everyone was giving them and no one ever called them on "giving opinions". Why did you decided that NOW is the time to tell only me, that giving my opinion is wrong lol. You are a funy guy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

All right, enough of the bickering. Take a breath and relax all. This aggression is utterly pointless.

On thread accusations of trolling are not allowed, by the way - considered both backseat modding and personal abuse

Sorry, wrote it too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Imagine a forum full of game discussion based on second hand opinions and watching youtube videos (actually it happens a lot on popular game threads and it is tedious to read). If you have no experience of something just kindly keep quiet and let people who have experienced it give their opinion. I can never understand the amount of people dying to give their ignorant (in the truest sense) views. For what its worth Ryse is good fun to play and you will get it for dirt cheap, is it a great game? No but it is a good fun linear game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dwinch

Xbox One is a better package IMO. More comfortable controller, the exclusives I like, Gears, Fable, Halo etc, major monthly updates, better online services. That's just my opinion thought so no fanboy replys thanks.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Imagine a forum full of game discussion based on second hand opinions and watching youtube videos (actually it happens a lot on popular game threads and it is tedious to read). If you have no experience of something just kindly keep quiet and let people who have experienced it give their opinion. I can never understand the amount of people dying to give their ignorant (in the truest sense) views. For what its worth Ryse is good fun to play and you will get it for dirt cheap, is it a great game? No but it is a good fun linear game.

You should go and buy Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever and make your own opinion about those games then. "I dont like such games" does not fly here, you have to buy everything.

You should go and buy Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever and make your own opinion about those games then. "I dont like such games" does not fly here, you have to buy everything.

I heard those games were very buggy and not very fun. I haven't tried either myself so I don't know, but I'm not too eager to try either after hearing that.

See? Easy.

Besides that, we weren't saying you need an opinion on every game. Just that if you haven't played it, don't give your opinion on it.

I heard those games were very buggy and not very fun. I haven't tried either myself so I don't know, but I'm not too eager to try either after hearing that.

See? Easy.

Besides that, we weren't saying you need an opinion on every game. Just that if you haven't played it, don't give your opinion on it.

So politically correct bull**** aside - Its ****?

• Advertisement

So politically correct bull**** aside - Its ****?

No. I don't have an opinion on either of them. I never played them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

My friend has both the xb1 and ps4 and cant stand the ps4 all depends on what games people like.

So whats the point of posting on forums, which are places for discussions if you dont have opinion on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Seen as the news of the Sony hack is a bit topical at the moment i thought id post on it.

Users credit card information/money WAS stolen,how do i know that? Because mine was

I literally got a credit card just to use on psn,i used it once to buy a game called Dungeon Hunter:Alliance. One week later PSN was hacked and my credit card details were used on various online retailers/gambling sites.

Sony never ONCE contacted me to say my details were compromised. All i got was standard change your password when PSN came back online.

It was a week after the PSN outage my bank contacted me about strange transactions on my CC. Which they agreed were not mine and they cancelled them,i was very very lucky. I also cancelled the card a day later so that was my one and only ever CC transaction!! So thank you Sony for making me fear credit cards:pac:

Was very poor form from Sony,they made a total mess of dealing with the situation. Makes me glad they have started to allow Paypal on PSN.

And i own a PS4 not an X1 in case anybody thinks this is a bait post

Tl;Dr Sony hack,monies were stolen. Sony made a mess of it

So whats the point of posting on forums, which are places for discussions if you dont have opinion on it?

You know there are other things that exist other than those two games, right?
    I can have opinions about them.

You know there are other things that exist other than those two games, right?
    I can have opinions about them.

Yes, but post was about particular games, I should have pointed out that I was talking about your post. you had no opinion about them, so what was the point of that post? Its like agnostic foruming.

Yes, but post was about particular games, I should have pointed out that I was talking about your post. you had no opinion about them, so what was the point of that post? Its like agnostic foruming.

I was showing you how you could post about games that you haven't played seeing as you don't understand that.

Though you're right. If I have no opinion about something I shouldn't post about it. Similar to you and Ryse.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Seen as the news of the Sony hack is a bit topical at the moment i thought id post on it.

Users credit card information/money WAS stolen,how do i know that? Because mine was

I literally got a credit card just to use on psn,i used it once to buy a game called Dungeon Hunter:Alliance. One week later PSN was hacked and my credit card details were used on various online retailers/gambling sites.

Sony never ONCE contacted me to say my details were compromised. All i got was standard change your password when PSN came back online.

It was a week after the PSN outage my bank contacted me about strange transactions on my CC. Which they agreed were not mine and they cancelled them,i was very very lucky. I also cancelled the card a day later so that was my one and only ever CC transaction!! So thank you Sony for making me fear credit cards:pac:

Was very poor form from Sony,they made a total mess of dealing with the situation. Makes me glad they have started to allow Paypal on PSN.

And i own a PS4 not an X1 in case anybody thinks this is a bait post

Tl;Dr Sony hack,monies were stolen. Sony made a mess of it

I though only US accounts were the ones where they actually got CC details. Looks like EU got hammered after all too.
    Then again, Sony said that they will cover all loses done by this hack, if the banks would not do it. so sony did had you covered on that.
    Banks these days are really easy to deal with when someone hijacks your CC. Almost no fear in losing your money. Once I got a phone call from my bank and I was asked if I did 500eu worth of purchases on xbox live in last 2 days ( I had not played 360 like for half a year ). I just said no and that I have not bought anything from xbox marketplace in months. the dude just said " Perfect, we will just block all transaction and send you out a new CC, have a nice day.".
    Now I would not even find out about my thing being hacked if Bank would not had called. Fair play to them. It was my own fault though as at the same time my email got hacked, so thats how Chinese fellas got my hands on Ms account too.
    I got my CC hooked on everything again and I dont really have any fair m8. In 10 years that I live in ireland its the first and only time it happened. You should not be afraid off CCs! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Never played them, never gave my opinion on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not sure I can wait for Rust to come to PS4 so I might get it on the Mac. It'd be great if Destiny kept me going until Planetside 2, but that remains to be seen. I think I'm pretty covered for games for the next while anyway, seeing as how I still haven't finished Wolfenstein and I'm getting herself a Wii-U in a few weeks.

What?. It's what she wants.

bowling_ball.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Planetside 2 is going to be fun, all those noobs who don't look up in the Bio labs ( my favourite thing early i that game).

Grayditch wrote: »
    Not sure I can wait for Rust to come to PS4 so I might get it on the Mac. It'd be great if Destiny kept me going until Planetside 2, but that remains to be seen. I think I'm pretty covered for games for the next while anyway, seeing as how I still haven't finished Wolfenstein and I'm getting herself a Wii-U in a few weeks.

What?. It's what she wants.

bowling_ball.jpg

If top gear lads were ever right: Never buy your wife an appliance with a plug as a present!

Though if that would mean that you will have there will be a wii u in household, then all the heat is well worth it! :D

Varik wrote: »
    Planetside 2 is going to be fun, all those noobs who don't look up in the Bio labs ( my favourite thing early i that game).

I only played it in very early public Beta. Was fun when it worked and you actually encoutered enemy. Other then that you were driving to opposite side of the map for alert, just to find 2 people trolling. :pac:
    I heard there are tons of improvements now. Will have to give it a shot again some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I only played it in very early public Beta. Was fun when it worked and you actually encoutered enemy. Other then that you were driving to opposite side of the map for alert, just to find 2 people trolling. :pac:
    I heard there are tons of improvements now. Will have to give it a shot again some day.

The game has changed, bases are now linked so there's no more ghost capping so the zerg of random players are focused where to go as well as a new mission system that will assign things to do.

This in addition to alerts where you earn more XP/certs and have some very specific task to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

In that case you say "I haven't seen it, but someone else told me it was bad".
    You should learn to form your own opinion though, it's a useful thing to be able to do. I'd hate to be relying on other people to tell me how I should feel about things.

Kids today :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

and streets of rage

You
    Take
    That
    Back!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's impossible to deny people the right to have an opinion and express it based on, not the game, but past experience of the genre and the read opinion of others you trust.
    You may not have as authoritive an opinion as someone who owns it, and acknowledge same, but otherwise it'd get very stale and boring of only those who own a game can express an opinion.
    I don't think the moderators would attempt to support such a position

• CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's impossible to deny people the right to have an opinion and express it based on, not the game, but past experience of the genre and the read opinion of others you trust.
    You may not have as authoritive an opinion as someone who owns it, and acknowledge same, but otherwise it'd get very stale and boring of only those who own a game can express an opinion.
    I don't think the moderators would attempt to support such a position

Funny thing is I had this exact same debate about watch dogs in that thread. I based opnion on other peoples opinions and videos collectively and yet I was shouted down that I had no right to give an opinion until I played it. I eventually got the loan of it and I couldn't bring myself to finish it because I got so bored and all my assumptions confirmed.

But that's the reason I use this information to protect me as a consumer so that I didn't waist 60 bucks on watch dogs in the first place.

I attempted to defend the position of only those who own and play a game/console having a legitimate opinion and I couldn't defend it, so I changed position!
    But there is an issue with those who haven't tried something taking a position of authority and talking down others, happened in this thread quite a bit.
    It's as if those immature folks who support a brand like a football supporter like zeal, these folks are desperate to dissuade potential buyers from their would be purchase.
    And you don't have to be a 16 year old to be this kind of numpty, I'd say there's a fair few closer to my 42 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I only just activated the voice commands for my Xbox one recently. It's pretty neat to be fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement