Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So the lesson is go at 60 fps if you can.

Unless you can be Batman, then always be Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

There will be always "special" or "different" people. Yes, for some bizarre reason someone can like 30 fps ( I really dont know why when it comes to games and not movies ),but that is more minority.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I hope to be picking up a PS4 today...
    Getting kinda anxious...
    I hope my WiiU can forgive me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Getting kinda anxious...

Get a copy of TLOU and let your WiiU watch you playing it. It'll understand. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Getting kinda anxious...

You picked a good week for it, make sure you pick up Rogue Legacy when the PSN store updates tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    You picked a good week for it, make sure you pick up Rogue Legacy when the PSN store updates tomorrow.

Rogue legacy out for ps4? Well that's one ps+ game i would love to see, but no way it's going to happen.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Getting kinda anxious...

Cool, you can offer your opinion on it and I can take that on board as a trusted source :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rogue legacy out for ps4? Well that's one ps+ game i would love to see, but no way it's going to happen.

It is out on the PS4, PS3 and Vita tomorrow :D loved it on the PC.

Xenji wrote: »
    It is out on the PS4, PS3 and Vita tomorrow :D loved it on the PC.

Yeah. I loved it, up to last boss, which just make me his bitch. :pac:

There was a free dlc out for PC version already. I should get back to it at some stage. If the price is okay I might just get it on PS4 instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yeah. I loved it, up to last boss, which just make me his bitch. :pac:

There was a free dlc out for PC version already. I should get back to it at some stage. If the price is okay I might just get it on PS4 instead.

$16.99 on the US store.
    So, probably €16.99 on Irish store...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    $16.99 on the US store.
    So, probably €16.99 on Irish store...:rolleyes:

Kindly, feck off Sony. I payed 3eu for it on Pc. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Kindly, feck off Sony. I payed 3eu for it on Pc. :rolleyes:

Sony don't decide the price of third party games.

Sony don't decide the price of third party games.

Kindly feck off third party. I got it on pc for 3eu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

xbox one + fifa 15 + forza 5 -kinect for 399 coming soon, wonder if sony will drop the ps4 price in response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

xbox one + fifa 15 + forza 5 -kinect for 399 coming soon, wonder if sony will drop the ps4 price in response.

Weird thing is that they don't need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

RasTa wrote: »
    Weird thing is that they don't need to.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

You can get the PS4 White/destiny pack for like £380. Pick up killzone or some other random ****ty release game for £10-15 i think.

I'm sure there will be a similar deal for fifa. I got mine with Infamous + 2 dvd's for 370 i think.

Picked up my PS4 today, €350 with Fifa and COD Ghosts, both of which were promptly traded into CEX and Shadowfall and Watchdogs got in their stead. Also had a €100 voucher for a local shopping mall and picked up NfS:Rivals and Assassins Creed IV, and a €10 PSN wallet.
    Also had about 6 or 7 games ready to download courtesy of PS+.
    Sadly, wound up spending a good deal of time playing Flower.....
    Oh, picked up Super Princess Peach as well, in case anyone thought that I was forsaking Ninty altogether!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Picked up my PS4 today, €350 with Fifa and COD Ghosts

What? how? where? you sonofabitch that's a bargain! you musta got at least €50 back from cex on those titles too!

Picked up my PS4 today, €350 with Fifa and COD Ghosts, both of which were promptly traded into CEX and Shadowfall and Watchdogs got in their stead. Also had a €100 voucher for a local shopping mall and picked up NfS:Rivals and Assassins Creed IV, and a €10 PSN wallet.
    Oh, picked up Super Princess Peach as well, in case anyone thought that I was forsaking Ninty altogether!

Gratz. Enjoy your superior gaming experiences. :pac: :P

350eu is great price for all that, some deal. Who is doing these deals? I personally found Killzone shadowfall very good. It got a lot more **** then it deserved.
    Rivals was a lot of fun. I sort of regret trading it in now. will have to pick it up at some stage. sort of sad to see the team who made it to be axed as that was one of the better NFS titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

wound up spending a good deal of time playing Flower.

A quick smoke and 2 levels of that and you're in for a seriously good nights sleep. Only game i've ever played that actually relaxed me :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,361 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I personally found Killzone shadowfall very good. It got a lot more **** then it deserved.

Ciderman is a big fan of mediocre FPS games so he will love it :P (there's no bigger fan of Firewarrior!).

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ciderman is a big fan of mediocre FPS games so he will love it :P (there's no bigger fan of Firewarrior!).

He will love this one so! :D

What? how? where? you sonofabitch that's a bargain! you musta got at least €50 back from cex on those titles too!

I got more than I was expecting tbh.
    Online I was to get something like €66, in the end I got €72.
    So I got myself Watchdogs for €50 and Shadowfall for €20.
    I dug a €4 CEX voucher that had been hiding in the recesses of my wallet and popped another €6 to it and bought Super Princess Peach as well, for my lovely DS.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Nothing wrong with Firewarrior, and Cold Winter is aces!

COD Ghosts seems to have gotten some of the worst reviews of a COD game since BLOPS, so I traded it for something moderatedly better, Shadowfall, which is cheap as well, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Flower, what a game. It is as close to chase the dragon as you can get.

With xbox live I'm used to buying cheaper subs from the likes of cdkeys, have never had any kind of regional issue doing this but i'm wondering what the story is with ps+? ps+ seems to be quite heavily region locked, is there any competition in the market for ps+ subs as a result?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

With xbox live I'm used to buying cheaper subs from the likes of cdkeys, have never had any kind of regional issue doing this but i'm wondering what the story is with ps+? ps+ seems to be quite heavily region locked, is there any competition in the market for ps+ subs as a result?

No, but you can get US PS+ for $50 ~ €37.

Before PS+ was required for online play there were deals - 15 months for the price of 12 and some cheaper subs.
    Since it's now required for online gaming there hasn't been any deals and unlikely to be again.

EDIT: EU PS+ was better than US PS+ for a long while, but there about on par with each other now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Have you played the lasy of us yet? If not it's remaster is out in 2 days. I've got it on PS3 but never got any of the DLC so might as well get the remaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Nothing wrong with Firewarrior, and Cold Winter is aces!

COD Ghosts seems to have gotten some of the worst reviews of a COD game since BLOPS, so I traded it for something moderatedly better, Shadowfall, which is cheap as well, which is nice.

Yeah shadowfall is not battlefield quality but it's better than cod ghosts. I played it at a friends house and it's the first ever COD I've not bought. Not too pushed about the next either but if reviews improve I'll consider when it's cheaper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement