Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Picked up my PS4 today, €350 with Fifa and COD Ghosts, both of which were promptly traded into CEX and Shadowfall and Watchdogs got in their stead. Also had a €100 voucher for a local shopping mall and picked up NfS:Rivals and Assassins Creed IV, and a €10 PSN wallet.
    Also had about 6 or 7 games ready to download courtesy of PS+.
    Sadly, wound up spending a good deal of time playing Flower.....
    Oh, picked up Super Princess Peach as well, in case anyone thought that I was forsaking Ninty altogether!

Super deal, where did you get the console for that money?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ouch, another bad decision on Sony's part.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/sony-passed-on-ea-access-for-ps4-as-its-not-good-value

Hopefully Sony gets its **** together and sets up something similar on PS4. I'd like to see them get another publisher with the same model as the EA + XB1 partnership.

I'd like to pick up a PS4 early next year but if they got a deal like this I would buy one straight away.

$30 a year to play a library of old games and get reduced price DLC and early access isn't good value in Sony's eyes yet they charge $5 an hour to play last gen games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Four full EA games for $30 a year (considering likes of Madden, Fifa, NBA are yearly releases) is a saving of $250 give or take, how Sony don't think this is good value is beyond me.

Perfect case in point of what I have been saying about MS users benefiting from them trying to catch up and Sony giving the two fingers, long may it last :)

/exit thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ridiculously premature to call that a bad decision when the service provided is in beta... and it's EA.

miju wrote: »
    Four full EA games for $30 a year (considering likes of Madden, Fifa, NBA are yearly releases) is a saving of $250 give or take, how Sony don't think this is good value is beyond me.

Perfect case in point of what I have been saying about MS users benefiting from them trying to catch up and Sony giving the two fingers, long may it last :)

/exit thread

Are you the same poster who bought COD for $20?

How in gods name did you come to the conclusion that one could save $250?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Maybe it's something to to with the cut they would receive ? Surely MS can't be getting much from it vs selling each of the games full price on their store :confused:

Maybe read it as not a good deal for Sony themselves :confused:

That said while it's good value right now if you haven't played whats on offer it will really depend on whats on offer going forward and how often new titles get added.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ouch, another bad decision on Sony's part.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/sony-passed-on-ea-access-for-ps4-as-its-not-good-value

Hopefully Sony gets its **** together and sets up something similar on PS4. I'd like to see them get another publisher with the same model as the EA + XB1 partnership.

I'd like to pick up a PS4 early next year but if they got a deal like this I would buy one straight away.

In a way I agree. It is a bad value for me personally as I have already bought BF4 and its old game at this stage. I have no interest in Old Fifa and NHL games too. If I would not had BF4 ( as I am not interested in other games ) I would just go buy it for 40eu and own it. then sell it or trade it in when I want to.
    The fans of Fifa most likely got latest fifa anyway.
    There is no details on how often they will add games during this year. A lot of people see 29.99eu per year and go "awesome" as they expect a service like PS+, where you get new games monthly. For what we know 29.99eu is only for those 4 bare bones no dlc games and thats it.
    On top of all this, you already got PS+ service, which is brutally good and gives you games already, monthly. And its included in PS+ subscription.

From other side, it can be a fantastic way for some people to try out those games for a 5eu. Its like a full unlimited Demo for a fiver. Fantastic. Just keep in mind, we are talking almost 1 year old games here that can be picked up cheaply enough. ( maybe not that cheaply yet as games are expensive only because they are next gen, when systems mature more, the prices will drop for older titles like anvil ). If what, this whole EA stunt just shows how badly Sony is handling PSnow. PSnow should be subscription model, not rent per game. PSnow might be the next big **** up by sony since PSP Go.

I sort of like this EA idea as IDEA. Right now it holds zero value for me as it is, but I do realise it might have great value for some people. Saying that, I doubt Sony loses out much by saying EA no as they already offer great PS+ service as is.
    This Idea needs to get a bit more Mature and see if other publishers will jump on this ship. Its great concept, but needs to be seen in action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pretty stupid not to give the option for people to sign up tbh. Let the consumer decide if it's value for money.

I expect a better statement soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

In a way I agree. It is a bad value for me personally as I have already bought BF4 and its old game at this stage. I have no interest in Old Fifa and NHL games too. If I would not had BF4 ( as I am not interested in other games ) I would just go buy it for 40eu and own it. then sell it or trade it in when I want to.
    The fans of Fifa most likely got latest fifa anyway.
    There is no details on how often they will add games during this year. A lot of people see 29.99eu per year and go "awesome" as they expect a service like PS+, where you get new games monthly. For what we know 29.99eu is only for those 4 bare bones no dlc games and thats it.
    On top of all this, you already got PS+ service, which is brutally good and gives you games already, monthly. And its included in PS+ subscription.

From other side, it can be a fantastic way for some people to try out those games for a 5eu. Its like a full unlimited Demo for a fiver. Fantastic. Just keep in mind, we are talking almost 1 year old games here that can be picked up cheaply enough. ( maybe not that cheaply yet as games are expensive only because they are next gen, when systems mature more, the prices will drop for older titles like anvil ). If what, this whole EA stunt just shows how badly Sony is handling PSnow. PSnow should be subscription model, not rent per game. PSnow might be the next big **** up by sony since PSP Go.

I sort of like this EA idea as IDEA. Right now it holds zero value for me as it is, but I do realise it might have great value for some people. Saying that, I doubt Sony loses out much by saying EA no as they already offer great PS+ service as is.
    This Idea needs to get a bit more Mature and see if other publishers will jump on this ship. Its great concept, but needs to be seen in action.

If Sony got the PS Now pricing right I'd be sprinting out the door to get a PS4. Hopefully they will get their act together.

Its the right idea but crazy prices.

tok9 wrote: »
    How in gods name did you come to the conclusion that one could save $250?

Simple maths really , take 4 games * price of games - $30 , not that hard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Would it not be $60 dollars?

Edit: Sorry, just read the article from yesterday about it and see the $30 dollar thing now…

For a person who spent a great deal of time talking about value... you must be shopping in the wrong places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

tok9 wrote: »
    Ridiculously premature to call that a bad decision when the service provided is in beta... and it's EA.

Anything EA related must be proceeded with caution

If Sony got the PS Now pricing right I'd be sprinting out the door to get a PS4. Hopefully they will get their act together.

Its the right idea but crazy prices.

Psnow strength is not ps4 though. In fact, Psnow should have very little with ps4 itself.

Psnow is great, because you won't need a console for it. You will just need smart TV and a wireless controller. That's where it's strength. Psnow in theory should be like Netflix. Accessible from any device that can get on Internet and has screen. You should not even need ps3 or ps4 for that.
    It can go all to **** if sony won't take finger out and sort out the pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Aye lol, its like the boy who cried wolf... EA have been ****ing over gamers for like 30 years, forgive me if I don't dive head first into this service !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,361 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retr0gamers tip for saving money on EA games:

1. Wait 3-6 months.

2. Buy said game for less than 10 euro.

3. Profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's all going to depend on how soon games are added after release. 9 months for games like Battlefield and Fifa is too long considering the next game is out soon and multiplayer would have largely died down. EA will also need more IPs which aren't annual sports releases to make it enticing.

Overall, $30 for a year isn't bad. I'd never buy NBA or NHL but I'd probably give them a lash on something like this subscription service. Fifa's always handy to have too. But I don't think it's a good enough deal to really be overly concerned with. Not until EA starts to build up a lot more of a back catalogue for it, and not just their annual releases.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Simple maths really , take 4 games * price of games - $30 , not that hard

The service costs $30 p.a., therefore it doesn't save you $250. It costs you.
    I doubt there will be any EA games in games with gold.

The only game they have that slightly interests me is Madden, but not for $30.

Will FIFA 15/BF Hardline(any new EA game) be thrown straight into the vault? If yes, then this is a must have for people interested in those games.

It's still a good service, and with the right games I would snap it up.
    With EA, it's not for me.

Again, this is another subscription service that costs you money.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Can't say I see the appeal of this EA offering yet, even though it is EA I won't be condemning it until it's actually up and running because I really don't know what the subscription is offering.

F1ngers wrote: »
    The service costs $30 p.a., therefore it doesn't save you $250. It costs you.I doubt there will be any EA games in games with gold.

/sigh I'm reminded so quickly of why I left this thread in the first place already regretting posting again it's awful to still see it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

F1ngers a little pop quiz for you:

1: How much does it cost to buy an EA game ?
    2: Based on answer 1 above how much will it cost to buy 4 EA games ?

This last ones a toughie I know but have to ask it as part of the pop quiz:

3: If we take the total that would have been spent from answer 2 and minus a single $30 figure from it what remaining number do we get?
    4: What does everyone else in the world call this final number?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

F1ngers wrote: »
    The service costs $30 p.a., therefore it doesn't save you $250. It costs you.
    I doubt there will be any EA games in games with gold.

The only game they have that slightly interests me is Madden, but not for $30.

Will FIFA 15/BF Hardline(any new EA game) be thrown straight into the vault? If yes, then this is a must have for people interested in those games.

It's still a good service, and with the right games I would snap it up.
    With EA, it's not for me.

Again, this is another subscription service that costs you money.

depends tbf I will be buying 3/4 ea games this year at least so saving 10% on each plus BF4 and Peggle being free is a good deal for me

Is it saving €250? **** no by the time this rolls out Madden/Fifa/Nba will be going for almost nothing as their sequels are due out in the next 6 weeksbut its the discount side that has me interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Retr0gamers tip for saving money on EA games:

1. Wait 3-6 months.

2. Buy said game for less than 10 euro.

3. Profit.

But I want it NOW!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

/sigh I'm reminded so quickly of why I left this thread in the first place already regretting posting again it's awful to still see it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3: If we take the total that would have been spent from answer 2 and minus a single $30 figure from it what remaining number do we get?

1: How much does it cost to buy an EA game ? $0 - it's $30 to subscribe.
    2: Based on answer 1 above how much will it cost to buy 4 EA games ? $0 - it's $30 to subscribe.

3: If we take the total that would have been spent from answer 2 and minus a single $30 figure from it what remaining number do we get? -$30
    4: What does everyone else in the world call this final number????? Cost of subscription.

Its not saving you a penny if you dont want those games in a first place.

All those games are not costing as much as they did on launch, so why you giving launch prices and dollars. On top of that, why you count peggle 2 as full price game?

All of those games had a HUGE chance of appearing in PS+ or games with gold for free, but instead you pay 30eu on top.

Thats 30eu for 1 year only. After that you got jack **** to show for.

Its not saving you a penny if you dont want those games in a first place.

All those games are not costing as much as they did on launch, so why you giving launch prices and dollars. On top of that, why you count peggle 2 as full price game?

All of those games had a HUGE chance of appearing in PS+ or games with gold for free, but instead you pay 30eu on top.

Thats 30eu for 1 year only. After that you got jack **** to show for.

Well most EA games are work jack **** anyways after a year so I'll take a $30 payment instead of having to buy each game individually, but it's typical of the type of people in this thread that they don't even check out what a service is offering before lampooning it, all the details are up on their website already.

It's not something thats planned to be released, it's something thats already launched as I've the EA Access app sitting on my dashboard already as part of the dashboard review thing that MS do and it includes new releases, including getting to play games for 5 days before it's even launched on PS4, PC or whatever other platform.
    PLAY FIRST

If you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time. Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all included, with more to come.

And with that I'll leave you all to return to your PS4 circle jerk :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well most EA games are work jack **** anyways after a year so I'll take a $30 payment instead of having to buy each game individually, but it's typical of the type of people in this thread that they don't even check out what a service is offering before lampooning it, all the details are up on their website already.

It's not something thats planned to be released, it's something thats already launched as I've the EA Access app sitting on my dashboard already as part of the dashboard review thing that MS do and it includes new releases, including getting to play games for 5 days before it's even launched on PS4, PC or whatever other platform.

And with that I'll leave you all to return to your PS4 circle jerk :):)

You still haven't explained how it would save $250 btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

You Xbox fanboys are unbearable to listen to these days.

Who cares what console people have, its been months, people need to relax and stop constantly arguing trying to justify who made the right decision, grow the **** up tbh.

RasTa wrote: »
    You still haven't explained how it would save $250 btw.

Seriously the mind boggles at people in this thread. Four EA games would cost you to buy between $60-$69 or a total $276.

So now instead of spending $276 I will be spending $30 to access 4 games , meaning I don't spend $246 on purchasing those games, is it really that hard to understand ??????

edit: actually because game sharing works with this it actually works out at a whopping $1.25 a month which is silly good value at that price :D
    You Xbox fanboys are unbearable to listen to these days.

Funny I'd say it's oppostie way around
    Who cares what console people have, its been months, people need to relax and stop constantly arguing trying to justify who made the right decision, grow the **** up tbh.

On this one we agree buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Seriously the mind boggles at people in this thread. Four EA games would cost you to buy between $60-$69 or a total $276.

So now instead of spending $276 I will be spending $30 to access 4 games , meaning I don't spend $246 on purchasing those games, is it really that hard to understand ??????

edit: actually because game sharing works with this it actually only costs $15 for the year which is silly good value :D

But that's implying that those games were all definite purchases, which for most people they wouldn't be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

edit: actually because game sharing works with this it actually only costs $15 for the year which is silly good value :D

I think his point was that it's only a saving if you ever intended to pay full price for those 4 games

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement