Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RasTa wrote: »
    You still haven't explained how it would save $250 btw.

He did, then he got called out on it and responded with a "PS4 circle jerk" - you know they lose an argument when they resort to insults.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

But that's implying that those games were all definite purchases, which for most people they wouldn't be.

Well considering EA is the biggest game publisher I think it will be a fairly safe bet to say otherwise, as they add games when they are realeased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

miju wrote: »
    Seriously the mind boggles at people in this thread. Four EA games would cost you to buy between $60-$69 or a total $276.

So now instead of spending $276 I will be spending $30 to access 4 games , meaning I don't spend $246 on purchasing those games, is it really that hard to understand ??????

Just find it odd that you are using the full RRP of EA games to suit your argument. I thought most XB1 games can be bought for $15-20 with game share

F1ngers wrote: »
    He did, then he got called out on it and responded with a "PS4 circle jerk" - you know they lose an argument when they resort to insults.

Theres no argument to be lost here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"50% off self sealing stem bolts! Save thousands!" :D

Seriously Miju, you aren't saving money when you buy something in a sale you wouldn't normally buy....you are spending money. :p You are beating a dead horse on this one.

This is only good value if you planned on buying an EA season ticket for early access to Fifa. For me, this deal makes sense because it's cheaper than season ticket which I get every year anyway........and I get to try Madden15 and Dragon Age:Inquisition for free for several days. Then, I unsubscribe.

I can understand both sides of this perfectly.....as anybody with half a brain should be able to as well.

So as I said, a nice deal for fans of Fifa and Madden. Everyone else, it's meh.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Just find it odd that you are using the full RRP of EA games to suit your argument. I thought most XB1 games can be bought for $15-20 with game share

course they can but no everyone game shares :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Aren't they all old games too ? I thought peggle was like $10 and BF4 can be bought for like $20 on amazon. Fifa is the only game that still has a high price tag.

Still good saving but $276 lol.... come on dude.. its EA ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Seriously the mind boggles at people in this thread. Four EA games would cost you to buy between $60-$69 or a total $276.

So now instead of spending $276 I will be spending $30 to access 4 games , meaning I don't spend $246 on purchasing those games, is it really that hard to understand ??????

edit: actually because game sharing works with this it actually works out at a whopping $1.25 a month which is silly good value at that price :D

Funny I'd say it's oppostie way around

On this one we agree buddy

There isn't any PS4 fanboys here that I've seen really, just people who are in love with Xbox, and people who aren't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Man I hope they never close this thread. It's comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

edit: actually because game sharing works with this it actually works out at a whopping $1.25 a month which is silly good value at that price :D

Funny I'd say it's oppostie way around

On this one we agree buddy

All I will say, that you have a talent with numbers.

When it suits your argument, games are 20$ a pop. When it suits your argument again, same games are 60-70$ a pop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Kirby wrote: »

So as I said, a nice deal for fans of Fifa and Madden. Everyone else, it's meh.

It's not even clear if it is a good deal for them yet. Fans of those series will already have this years offerings, it's how they take this service forward after the new instalments come out and if/when those titles will be offered as part of it.

I think it looks very promising though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Theres no argument to be lost here :confused:

*puts arm around shoulder

C'mon dude, lets go to the pub, we've a better chance of sorting out the palestinians than we have of making team sony acknowledge a good thing.

*puts arm around shoulder

C'mon dude, lets go to the pub, we've a better chance of sorting out the palestinians than we have of making team sony acknowledge a good thing.

I dont think you got only Team Sony on your ass, boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not sure what the big deal is about EA, now if this was a company like Atlus, Nippon Ichi or Bandi Namco it would have my interest, besides KoA and DA:O I have not bought an EA game in 14 years, well till DA:3 in November.

I dont think you got only Team Sony on your ass, boys.

stop looking at my ass you! :eek:

stop looking at my ass you! :eek:

tumblr_lyyqxq51km1qjc33c.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Miju I never thought of it like that.

With PS+ giving 6 games a month - I'm saving about $350 dollars a month... $4200 a year. Bargain.

With Netflix... I can't even calculate how much I'm saving... probably close to $10000 a year with all those Movies/Series/Documentaries.

I need to buy more subscriptions! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Rael wrote: »
    Super deal, where did you get the console for that money?

Preowned on Adverts.
    Someone sold one, no game, for 300 the other day.
    A long way from the money grabbing scum that haunted Adverts last Christmas.

I played and finished TLoU on release.
    I'm in no rush to play it through again , I'll pick it up next year and give the DLC a blast.

No Man's Sky, that's the one I want. Better not such!

maximoose wrote: »
    It's not even clear if it is a good deal for them yet. Fans of those series will already have this years offerings, it's how they take this service forward after the new instalments come out and if/when those titles will be offered as part of it.

I think it looks very promising though.

No, it's pretty clear. I'm not talking about the base game of fifa...i'm talking about early access. Season ticket I believe it has been called the last few years. Fans of the game like myself get that every year anyway to play the game 5 days before release and to get a discount on DLC....so this is cheaper.

So as I said, a good deal for Fifa fans and Madden fans and a bit meh for everyone else.
    Xenji wrote: »
    Not sure what the big deal is about EA, now if this was a company like Atlus, Nippon Ichi or Bandi Namco it would have my interest, besides KoA and DA:O I have not bought an EA game in 14 years, well till DA:3 in November.

Well judging from your choice of boards name and the three companies you chose to list, it's obvious that you are a bit of a Japanophile/weaboo and that's fine but some gamers prefer western games and companies like EA, Activision, blizzard, etc cater to them more....and the industry is living and dying in the west nowadays so it only makes sense for these companies to be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

No, it's pretty clear. I'm not talking about the base game of fifa...i'm talking about early access. Season ticket I believe it has been called the last few years. Fans of the game like myself get that every year anyway to play the game 5 days before release and to get a discount on DLC....so this is cheaper.

So as I said, a good deal for Fifa fans and Madden fans and a bit meh for everyone else.

Well judging from your choice of boards name and the three companies you chose to list, it's obvious that you are a bit of a Japanophile/weaboo and that's fine but some gamers prefer western games and companies like EA, Activision, blizzard, etc cater to them more....and the industry is living and dying in the west nowadays so it only makes sense for these companies to be popular.

Weaboo is actually quite a derogatory term, I have no issues with western games and have lots of them, I just have no real interest anymore in sports games or FPS games, besides NBA2k and MLB The Show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Preowned on Adverts.
    Someone sold one, no game, for 300 the other day.
    A long way from the money grabbing scum that haunted Adverts last Christmas.

I played and finished TLoU on release.
    I'm in no rush to play it through again , I'll pick it up next year and give the DLC a blast.

No Man's Sky, that's the one I want. Better not such!

Is there a release date for No Man's Sky?

I have high hopes for it. I am a little concerned that there is only 3 developers working on the game.

I have heard people predicting that it will be better than Destiny. The budget for Destiny is $500 million :eek:

If the team at Hello Games have something good which it looks like they may have I hope they are actively looking for investment to give them more developers and resources.

Is there a release date for No Man's Sky?

I have high hopes for it. I am a little concerned that there is only 3 developers working on the game.

I have heard people predicting that it will be better than Destiny. The budget for Destiny is $500 million :eek:

If the team at Hello Games have something good which it looks like they may have I hope they are actively looking for investment to give them more developers and resources.

I'd wager about 250 million of that is marketing.

It's a mistake to spend that much on marketing in my opinion, but that's not going to stop them. They haven't a hope of breaking even. They are probably hoping to create a profitable franchise. Lose money now, but create brand loyalty and profit in the future.

It's not a good strategy in my book. Heads are going to roll at the top when it doesn't do GTA/COD numbers.

I really don't think Hello games need to actively look for anything at this stage, investors probably fell over themselves when they showed the game off last year and seems Sony pipped them to the post really.

Should be an interesting game, something to look forward to in 2015 for PS4 and hopefully PC users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I'd wager about 250 million of that is marketing.

It's a mistake to spend that much on marketing in my opinion, but that's not going to stop them. They haven't a hope of breaking even. They are probably hoping to create a profitable franchise. Lose money now, but create brand loyalty and profit in the future.

It's not a good strategy in my book. Heads are going to roll at the top when it doesn't do GTA/COD numbers.

But what if it does?
    Based on the beta, I can see how this 'could' be a hugely popular game. Time will tell.

I think it'll break even no problem. If it doesn't within a year, they'll introduce microtransactions and make a killing that way.... unless the game is completely void of endgame content that is.

Magill wrote: »
    I really don't think Hello games need to actively look for anything at this stage, investors probably fell over themselves when they showed the game off last year and seems Sony pipped them to the post really.

Should be an interesting game, something to look forward to in 2015 for PS4 and hopefully PC users.

It's going to be multiplatform. They have said as much. The sony deal is for some exclusive content and a timed exclusive.

It's going to be multiplatform. They have said as much. The sony deal is for some exclusive content and a timed exclusive.

Have they ? I know they haven't said its not coming to those platforms, but they seemed very tight lipped about all that but there were some indications of PC development going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Magill wrote: »
    Have they ? I know they haven't said its not coming to those platforms, but they seemed very tight lipped about all that but there were some indications of PC development going on.

Yep, they said this on twitter in relation to consoles anyway:

Originally Posted by @hellogames
    @eddieri0 'PlayStation Exclusive' was @gametrailers' phrase, not ours - No Man's Sky is having its console debut on PS4

Not sure about PC

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep, they said this on twitter:

There was a very funny interview with them by (giantbomb i think?) and the devs must have signed a contract where they werent allowed to even say the word "microsoft". it was like a politician maneuvering around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This wouldn't really be a good deal for me (personally) but I can see the appeal to the masses of EA fans who lap up their games -

I won't be buying any BF game at launch ever again after BF4, I'm burned with the franchise over it...

I don't buy yearly installments of Fifa generally, the way most of my mates would, so if they call over, they bring their Fifa with them...

On the other hand, a service like this could make me try the likes of Tiger Woods (or PGA whatever they are calling it now) as it is not something I would pay money for outright...

A 10% discount on a digital copy of a game does not suit me as I like boxed titles regardless...

Other than that its a good offering for EA heads but don't foresee it as a system seller or anything...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement