Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Chicken only runs at 2kilos, whereas pork runs at many multiples of that. And can chicken run my favourite application? Pulled Pork? Not a hope! You're just a Nandos fan boy!

:D

Beef is where it's at though.
    Roasted, Corned, minced....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The quality of voice chat on ps4 is pretty damn horrible I had less snap crackle and pop in my bowl of rice crispies this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The quality of voice chat on ps4 is pretty damn horrible I had less snap crackle and pop in my bowl of rice crispies this morning :D

I know what you mean. You can never really hear the nuances in tone and pitch when a player questions your sexuality and implies you have an improper relationship with your mother...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've had zero issues with it. It sounds grand to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If your console can't play Mario, Zelda or the Last Of Us then it's not worth having.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    I know what you mean. You can never really hear the nuances in tone and pitch when a player questions your sexuality and implies you have an improper relationship with your mother...

I tend to not talk to kids tbh I don't chat in open in game chat. But whatever your into

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've had zero issues with it. It sounds grand to me.

Think it depends on the persons mic, the little in ear thing you get with the PS is complete garbage. People with decent headsets the quality is grand tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I tend to not talk to kids tbh I don't chat in open in game chat. But whatever your into

Jesus no need to imply the dude likes talking to kids.

Jesus no need to imply the dude likes talking to kids.

Who implied that?

Stop stirring it doc.

Who implied that?

Stop stirring it doc.

Do you understand the word?

Do everyone a favour and **** your keyboard out the window like a good lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think you mean in TLOU.

I've found the ps4 party chat to work perfectly tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Magill wrote: »
    Think it depends on the persons mic, the little in ear thing you get with the PS is complete garbage. People with decent headsets the quality is grand tho.

Ah yeah. If someone is using that thing and making any claims about the PS4 chat quality itself... I dunno where to begin. I've a cheap Argos wired headset and it's grand. Might get myself a good headset for Christmas., most of my friends will have PS4s by then.

Do you understand the word?

Do everyone a favour and **** your keyboard out the window like a good lad.

As ever you are very gracious doc

tok9 wrote: »
    I think you mean in TLOU.

I've found the ps4 party chat to work perfectly tbh.

Could be that Tok you are probably right tbh

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ah yeah. If someone is using that thing and making any claims about the PS4 chat quality itself... I dunno where to begin. I've a cheap Argos wired headset and it's grand. Might get myself a good headset for Christmas., most of my friends will have PS4s by then.

I am using astros a50

• Grayditch wrote: »

Lads his point is valid. I bought the Sony ps4 7.1 headset, and the the voice comms are below par when I compare them to the x1 in game and party

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

SherlockWatson and DARK-KNIGHT, enough of this little back and forth you're having. Keep it civil please.

7.1 headsets are a scam anyway, well not a scam but pretty pointless.

• Magill wrote: »

Its still clearly below par when I compare it to the x1 when using a proper headset

• RasTa wrote: »
    7.1 headsets are a scam anyway, well not a scam but pretty pointless.

Explain why there a scam? That's audio in from the game and its phenominal quality when playing games. The voice comms work on the mic in/out on the 3.5mm jack and has nothing to do with 7.1. Your point makes no sense

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Explain why there a scam? That's audio in from the game and its phenominal quality when playing games. The voice comms work on the mic in/out on the 3.5mm jack and has nothing to do with 7.1. Your point makes no sense

It's artificial, the speakers are too close to your head to get true 7.1 surround sound. I probably should have phrased it as a gimmick

It's artificial, the speakers are too close to your head to get true 7.1 surround sound. I probably should have phrased it as a gimmick

OK you post still does not relate to the point I was making regardless of what you think of 7.1

OK you post still does not relate to the point I was making regardless of what you think of 7.1

You pointed out you had the 7.1 headset. Why not just say Sony? Hence me talking about your 7.1 headset

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Its still clearly below par when I compare it to the x1 when using a proper headset

I dunno, I've only used it a few times as I mostly just play SP games on the PS4. Seemed fine to me, group party chat, there is certainly no "Crackling" or whatever.

Also, I meant the headsets of the other users.

• Magill wrote: »
    I dunno, I've only used it a few times as I mostly just play SP games on the PS4. Seemed fine to me, group party chat that is certainly no "Crackling" or whatever.

Also, I meant the headsets of the other users.

I know it might seem fine but I'm comparing both. X1 voice comm quality is considerably sharper. I have not experienced the crackling sounds but the overall quality is lower on the ps4.
    I'm hoping Sony also improve on menu navigation. I find there's too many prompts even when sending messages or sending party invites.

Poor audio in chat is a small price to pay for the last of us :D what a great game

You pointed out you had the 7.1 headset. Why not just say Sony? Hence me talking about your 7.1 headset

You need to re read the posts if your struggling to understand what I'm discussing.
    The topic is voice comm quality.

You need to re read the posts if your struggling to understand what I'm discussing.
    The topic is voice comm quality.

Why would 7.1 have an effect on voice quality? I know what you're discussing just had to point out that having 7.1 headsets is useless for voice and sound quality. Hope they weren't too much.

Why would 7.1 have an effect on voice quality? I know what you're discussing just had to point out that having 7.1 headsets is useless for voice and sound quality. Hope they weren't too much.

They were 1000 Euros and I'm smashing them up as we speak. ;)

Your opinion that you think there useless

• Advertisement

They were 1000 Euros and I'm smashing them up as we speak. ;)

Your opinion that you think there useless

He's not saying they are useless just that you aren't getting true 7.1 surround sound, which would be correct.

But the sound quality will still be bloody good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement