Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• He's not saying they are useless just that you aren't getting true 7.1 surround sound, which would be correct.

But the sound quality will still be bloody good.

OK but the voice comms on ps4 are poor compared to the x1 regardless. This was what I'm discussing.

He is just pulled the discussion to suit himself and is ranting about 7.1 being a gimmick.

I just tested there with my other two headsets and its the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Is the voice chat/party really that much better on Xbox?

The only issue I can think of is when someones Nat is different and I can't hear them. Other than that it's perfect.

• tok9 wrote: »

The only issue I can think of is when someones Nat is different and I can't hear them. Other than that it's perfect.

Yea tok the voice quality is way better. No static noise, no feedback and bits like talking to someone on skype. Not saying the ps4 has these issues but the main difference is voice clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yea tok the voice quality is way better. No static noise, no feedback and its like talking to someone on skype.

True it sounds a lot better but the interface sure is terrible. I'm still unhappy they haven't made it better six months+ it's been out.

• Kirby wrote: »
    True it sounds a lot better but the interface sure is terrible. I'm still unhappy they haven't made it better six months+ it's been out.

I find the party interface easier to navigate on the x1. Had mentioned earlier there's too many prompts on the ps4 when sending invites and messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I've never heard any static noise or feedback with my headset. Its not Teamspeak quality but honestly if you are comparing XB1 to skype the difference is not that big.

Maybe your expensive headset isn't very good ? :D

• Magill wrote: »
    I've never heard any static noise or feedback with my headset. Its not Teamspeak quality but honestly if you are comparing XB1 to skype the difference is not that big.

Maybe your expensive headset isn't very good ? :D

Read up, I tested on two other headsets just for clarity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

tok9 wrote: »

Tbh Tok it really is an awful lot better on xbox one.

Read up, I tested on two other headsets just for clarity ;)

How are you testing it with yourself and what are these headsets ? I do believe that XB1 party chat is probably better quality, just i've not experienced any crackling or noticed it being particularly poor in quality on the PS4.

How are you testing it with yourself and what are these headsets ? I do believe that XB1 party chat is probably better quality, just i've not experienced any crackling or noticed it being particularly poor in quality on the PS4.

I'm testing with people in party chat. Come on now, on my own..really?
    Yea tok the voice quality is way better. No static noise, no feedback and bits like talking to someone on skype. Not saying the ps4 has these issues but the main difference is voice clarity.

If it puts your mind at ease I also tested with astros and afterglows.
    I used all of these including the sony ones on the x1 thanks to the x1 adaptor and voice comms are way better.

Also this is the the headset rasta was slating;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-sony-wireless-headset-2-review

• Advertisement

I'm testing with people in party chat. Come on now, on my own..really?

Thats what I was wondering... how you were testing the quality of your Mic. Changing headsets won't change the other people in your parties headset quality. If someone has a crap headset in your party, it will sound like crap on any headset or speaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

OK but the voice comms on ps4 are poor compared to the x1 regardless. This was what I'm discussing.

He is just pulled the discussion to suit himself and is ranting about 7.1 being a gimmick.

I just tested there with my other two headsets and its the same.

He wasn't disagreeing with you or changing the discussion to suit him, nor was he slating the headset, he was only dismissing 7.1 surround sound as a gimmick, not your specific purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The X1 needs an on screen indicator for levels like PS4 has, find setting game/chat levels fiddley and hard to gauge until you get the ear blown off you when setting with the adaptor buttons :o

Thats what I was wondering... how you were testing the quality of your Mic. Changing headsets won't change the other people in your parties headset quality. If someone has a crap headset in your party, it will sound like crap on any headset or speaker.
    Lads I am normally in a group of 10+ on the x1 and the voice coms are of a much higher quality and you have a mix varying headsets. Your pulling the arguments towards the headset when the VoIP on the x1 is superior to the ps4. No headset is going to change this.

• He wasn't disagreeing with you or changing the discussion to suit him, nor was he slating the headset, he was only dismissing 7.1 surround sound as a gimmick, not your specific purchase.

Yet again its hard for a certain few to understand I'm stating the voice comm tech on the x1 is clearly better than the ps4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

We both know

Yet again its hard for a certain few to understand I'm stating the voice comm tech on the x1 is clearly better than the ps4.

Are you actually serious?

Lads I am normally in a group of 10+ on the x1 and the voice coms are of a much higher quality and you have a mix varying headsets. Your pulling the arguments towards the headset when the VoIP on the x1 is superior to the ps4. No headset is going to change this.

haha, I was just curious as to your testing methods. I know for a fact the default headset for the PS4 is complete garbage.

You said you've tested it on 2 headsets and I just pointed out that YOU having a good headset does not make the other people in your parties headset any better. I believe you that the X1 could be superior, if you likened it to Skype.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Party chat is better on X1 than PS4, MS upped the quality of the codec used for it late in 360s life, and of course that carried over to x1, they have already improved X1 voice chat already also AFAIK....

The difference isn't exactly that marginal, just the PS4 now sounds like the 360 did in its infancy, give that time and as broadband speed increases we will see it better quality...

I have noticed though if I'm talking to anyone with the new Sony headset that the quality does sound very good in party chat... (in comparison to the ****ty 1 ear piece yoke you get with the console)

• Are you actually serious?

Yes I am. Your point?

Do you have an X1?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It seemed to me he was talking about the 7.1 in headphones being a gimmick as an aside to all that. It's a bit hard to follow now because it's all gone a bit autistic…

haha, I was just curious as to your testing methods. I know for a fact the default headset for the PS4 is complete garbage.

You said you've tested it on 2 headsets and I just pointed out that YOU having a good headset does not make the other people in your parties headset any better. I believe you that the X1 could be superior, if you likened it to Skype.

I tested with three headsets. Not the little yoke you get free with the ps4. It is superior, there's no could about it. As fieldog stated the codec is better. And the ps4 comms sound like the x360

• It seemed to me he was talking about the 7.1 in headphones being a gimmick as an aside to all that. It's a bit hard to follow now because it's all gone a bit autistic…

Not hard to follow. The discussion is about voice comms. Simple. Nothing to do with 7.1 I just stated the type of headset I used for the first test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I was using my Turtle Beach PX5s last night and the sound quality with the lads I was chatting with was perfect. Really clear and no hissing or clicking. Can't compare with X1 but sounded great to me. Wasn't quite as clear with the Sony Pulse headset but still clear enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Not hard to follow. The discussion is about voice comms. Simple. Nothing to do with 7.1 I just stated the type of headset I used for the first test.

And your man was just saying that 7.1 in headphones was a bit of a gimmick -regardless of the sound quality - which it is. It really had nothing to do with your observations on the superiority of either console's party chat - it was just an off topic, off the cuff remark. You seem incapable of deciphering it as such.

• And your man was just saying that 7.1 in headphones was a bit of a gimmick -regardless of the sound quality - which it is. It really had nothing to do with your observations on the superiority of either console's party chat - it was just an off topic, off the cuff remark. You seem incapable of deciphering it as such.

No it was a clear attempt to nit pick and pull the original debate and use the headset as an excuse. You seem incapable of following the discussion as you already admitted in your previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think 7.1 headsets, like 5.1 headsets, are a bit gimmicky, you simply can not replace 5 or 7 speakers around you in an ambient room - in headphones - you can emulate it though, (which is what it would be with these headset's)

A good set of stereo headphones, with a mic, would be a better buy, especially if you want to use them for phones, iPods etc....

I have a set of AiAiAi TMA 1s I use for djing, which work well on PS4, as they have a headset cable for iPhone included...

(No I don't have an iPhone thank god!) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

if there's anyone i'd trust with regard to headset quality it would be dark-knight
    he has owned almost every gaming headset know to man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

the gap gets smaller each and every day :pac:

http://www.totalxbox.com/80124/diablo-3-xbox-one-is-1080p-60-frames-a-second-after-all/

"We've now confirmed that following a day one patch, the Xbox One version of UEE will run at full HD 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second (up from 900p, 60 fps)," a spokesperson told OXM Australia's Paul Taylor overnight. It's possible that this has something to do with Microsoft's June SDK update, which allows developers to reassign Kinect's share of the Xbox One's GPU, but colour that speculation till we hear more.

• Advertisement

Yes I am. Your point?

Do you have an X1?

At no point did myself or Rasta say that the PS4 voice comms were better than the XB1.

At no point did he say your headset wasn't good, or slated it.

He simply pointed out that 7.1 surround sound is a gimmick, how is that so hard for you to understand??

COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO THE DEBATE YOU WERE HAVING ABOUT THE VOICE COMMS.

That easier to follow for you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement