Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Thomas D wrote: »
    £32 to buy this car. That's not even dlc that is just to pay to virtually buy a virtual car using real money. Insane. This is microsofts vision for gaming in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYTvzNjrfqI#t=96

Or you could just play the game and earn the credits to pay for it without paying any real money, it is not actually that hard to earn credits if you enjoy the game and play it. They also gave out some very big rewards credits today on rewards.forzamotorsport.net, if anyone who plays the game hasn't signed up to that they should. They are not forcing you to pay for that car, I can understand people complaining about the paid dlc but if you don't want to pay for the tokens to buy the non-dlc cars you can just play the game to earn credits and buy them that way. I will never buy tokens myself, I would rather just play the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

dor83 wrote: »
    Or you could just play the game and earn the credits to pay for it without paying any real money, it is not actually that hard to earn credits if you enjoy the game and play it. They also gave out some very big rewards credits today on rewards.forzamotorsport.net, if anyone who plays the game hasn't signed up to that they should. They are not forcing you to pay for that car, I can understand people complaining about the paid dlc but if you don't want to pay for the tokens to buy the non-dlc cars you can just play the game to earn credits and buy them that way. I will never buy tokens myself, I would rather just play the game.

Why can't I just play it in free pay mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I hear so many people stating that they are going to buy Wii u, but why the sales not Sky rocketing? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I hear so many people stating that they are going to buy Wii u, but why the sales not Sky rocketing? :rolleyes:
    I suggest keeping it an open question until the other side of Christmas, see how much of an increase there really is. Obviously, it'll be an open question beyond that point as more titles come out that people will want. New Smash Bros, Mario Kart, that Monolith Soft, and the new Zelda whenever that'll be out. I plan on getting one soon. Maybe this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Thomas D wrote: »
    Why can't I just play it in free pay mode?
    There is a way to if you want to, in free-play go to select car, then select "Rent Car" and choose any car, the first one that is there is fine. Then select "Buy Car" and choose the whatever non-dlc car you want to use. Before selecting a design press "B" until you're back at the main menu of Free Play. It's probably a glitch but it works as I did it today and used the Lotus and a couple of the Ferrari's earlier.

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I suggest keeping it an open question until the other side of Christmas, see how much of an increase there really is. Obviously, it'll be an open question beyond that point as more titles come out that people will want. New Smash Bros, Mario Kart, that Monolith Soft, and the new Zelda whenever that'll be out. I plan on getting one soon. Maybe this month.

A lot of people talk the talk, but dont walk the walk. The first time Wii U hype happened when Xbox one was announced and everyone were on the band wagon of getting Wii U. Hype died out and feck all Wii Us were bought.

Looks like now it is the same thing. Lots of hype to get one, but barely anyone actually getting it. I would love to get Wii U at some stage, but apart of MH3 I dont really see the reason to get it. I dont like 99% of Nintendo first party stuff.

One thing I will say that is lacking in net gen game roaster - some decent RPG. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I hear so many people stating that they are going to buy Wii u, but why the sales not Sky rocketing?

Because just as many and more are buying Xbox Ones and PS4s. Only so much money to go around. Give it some time, if sales increased in the UK by something like 650% for the windwaker and 1,500% for Wii Party U in Japan then its a safe bet that Mario 3d world will shift plenty of units this Christmas.
    Shame the first year was so barren, Nintendo will need to pull the finger out and strike quickly IF sales do get a bump from 3d world. New F-Zero, New Wave Race, Metroid, New IP (although thats been rumoured)... anything. The 3DS/2DS seems to be their main focus at the moment so its not that big of a stretch to assume that Q3/4 2014 will see a large Wii U push.
    A lot of people talk the talk, but dont walk the walk. The first time Wii U hype happened when Xbox one was announced and everyone were on the band wagon of getting Wii U. Hype died out and feck all Wii Us were bought.

Looks like now it is the same thing. Lots of hype to get one, but barely anyone actually getting it. I would love to get Wii U at some stage, but apart of MH3 I dont really see the reason to get it. I dont like 99% of Nintendo first party stuff.

One thing I will say that is lacking in net gen game roaster - some decent RPG.

The hype had nothing to do with the xbox one, it was to do with the windwaker HD and the wonderful 101 if I remember correctly. Same with now, people are excited by Mario 3d world and how good it looks and are a little disappointed with the next gens offerings so far. Hard to sell a console when mythical more powerful consoles are to be released with thier 1080P-60fps-unlimited power of the cloud using-Gakai running amazingness.
    Now that everything is out you are finding people are a little underwhelmed by the next gen and looking more favorably at the Wii U. Heck I have access to an Xbox one with Ryse, Fifa and killer instinct at the moment. I've spent the last two days playing skyway sword in 480p on the Wii. Go figure.

Next year could be a very different story. April/March will see real reasons to own a PS4/XboxOne, but for now people are looking at the Wii U because it finally has some games. If you don't like 99% of Nintendos first party games then definitely do not buy a Wii U. It will be a waste of money.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Because just as many if not more are buying Xbox Ones and PS4s. Only so much money to go around. Give it some time, if sales increased in the UK by something like 650% for the windwaker and 1,500% for Wii Party U in Japan then its a safe bet that Mario 3d world will shift plenty of units this Christmas.
    Shame the first year was so barren, Nintendo will need to pull the finger out and strike quickly IF sales do get a bump from 3d world. New F-Zero, New Wave Race, Metroid, New IP (although thats been rumoured)... anything. The 3DS/2DS seems to be their main focus at the moment so its not that big of a stretch to assume that Q3/4 2014 will see a large Wii U push.

They were saying same thing about Q3/4 2013. Like I said above, a lot of people say they will buy one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

They were saying same thing about Q3/4 2013. Like I said above, a lot of people say they will buy one...

God damn you reply quick. Thats cool, I'm not here to convince you of anything. Sales have picked up, they potentially could boom with 3d world, who knows. Neither of us thats for sure.
    :pac:

God damn you reply quick. Thats cool, I'm not here to convince you of anything. Sales have picked up, they potentially could boom with 3d world, who knows. Neither of us thats for sure.

I have no problem with people getting Wii U, damn, I will get one even myself some time. My point is more about people who talk about getting it and how much is it better then PS4/Xbox one, but they still dont buy Wii U.

Anyway, all this talk reminds me that I need to get back to play PS4 lol. Had airsoft with lads today. Came back home tired and dirty as feck. Had shower and some sleep after. Then jumped on PC and get cought playing BF4 with 5 other buddies for hours. Now its almost time to go to sleep. Damn! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I've mine order, can't wait to play some zelda:ww again on Christmas. Was gonna get the PS4 but honestly.. there's nothing that interests me on them that i can't just play better versions of on my PC right now.

Infact.. the only games that have been officially announced that i'd really want to play that i cant without a next gen console is destiny and MGS:5 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 r0ckst4r

Nothing of great note released for either console thus far - got XB One Day One edition, Missed out on a PS4 (till after Christmas probably...)

Own Ryse, NFS Rivals, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5...thoughts so far

1. Pleasantly surprised with Ryse. Gorgeous? Yes, repetitive? Yes but more entertaining than most reviews would lead you to believe.
    2. Fifa 14 gameplay (not just graphics) benefits from the extra processing power of the next gen consoles.
    3. Disappointed thus far with BF4. Graphically nice in places but suffering from a run of the mill single player experience and (on XBox One). Not blown away thus far,
    4. Forza is very good/excellent, Dead Rising 3 is good fun, NFS Rivals is prettier version albeit more of the same from the tried and tested franchise...

Kinect 2.0 has great potential, hopefully the fact that its come bundled with the console should see developers put some real time, effort and resources into how it can be best used creatively to enhance the gamers experience.

XB1's HDMI Input, Snap function, voice recognition functions all work well (available when you enter your console as a UK based one)

At this juncture wouldn't be too bothered about missing out on either console. Killzone looks fantastic but reviews seem to indicate its a bit of a let down gameplay wise. The rest of the releases (Resogun aside) seem a little bit meh...

One thing I am interested in is the PS4 pad. Not a big fan of the Dualshock 3, am wondering how much better the feel of this new pad is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not looking likely
    PS4 exclusive Knack debuts at 13 ahead of Super Mario 3D World on Wii U at 14. Yes, Knack sold more than Mario.

UK only, just reading this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-02-ps4-fastest-selling-console-in-uk-history

PS4 has already outsold Wii-u in the UK in 2 days(rumour from the same author), really hope this doesn't kill off Nintendo doing consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

So thousands of games no online fee and more powerful hmm
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/27/first-steam-machine-is-same-price-as-xbox-one-4204105/

hopefully this will make sony and micrsoft bring down there prices of digital games etc can only be good I suppose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nolars wrote: »
    So thousands of games no online fee and more powerful hmm
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/27/first-steam-machine-is-same-price-as-xbox-one-4204105/

hopefully this will make sony and micrsoft bring down there prices of digital games etc can only be good I suppose.

No.

It's not got thousands of games, because it's Linux based. Sure, you can install windows and use steam from there, with thousands of games, but try explaining that to the average person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

CatInABox wrote: »
    No.

It's not got thousands of games, because it's Linux based. Sure, you can install windows and use steam from there, with thousands of games, but try explaining that to the average person.

will probably be more for the hardcore gamer who wants good graphics etc. will take a few years to get it up properly.

It'll probably still have a better catalog than the new consoles anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Magill wrote: »
    It'll probably still have a better catalog than the new consoles anyway.

The only game recently that had me playing a lot on PC was Arma 3 and a little bit of Prison Architect. Apart from that, I was always glued to my Xbox.
    Depends on what games you prefer I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I would take a Steam Box in a flash, have really been neglecting PC gaming the last few years, but I would end up just going back playing Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Tale, Baldur's Gate and the likes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Getting a PS4 for Christmas. I am a 360 owner but the Playstation is cheaper and honestly more suited to what I want it for.

Still might get an Xbone further down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

One thing I will say that is lacking in net gen game roaster - some decent RPG. :(

The 1st party stuff on Nintendo consoles is never an issue because their flagship titles are usually quality, the lack of decent 3rd party versions on the Wii was annoying but the U will have Bayonetta 2 and it has the best version of Rayman Legends. I'm in the "will get one at some point" camp too, probably once a new Zelda is announced.

Xenji wrote: »
    I would take a Steam Box in a flash, have really been neglecting PC gaming the last few years, but I would end up just going back playing Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Tale, Baldur's Gate and the likes again.

Did you sign up to be a possible Steam Box beta tester?

DaLad wrote: »
    The only game recently that had me playing a lot on PC was Arma 3 and a little bit of Prison Architect. Apart from that, I was always glued to my Xbox.
    Depends on what games you prefer I guess.

What games were you playing on your xbox ? Just the exclusives ? Besides the xbox one games and gta, has there been anything you can't play on xbox that can't be played on PC better recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Did you sign up to be a possible Steam Box beta tester?

I did when it was announced, but they only had 300 and I did not get one.

Magill wrote: »
    What games were you playing on your xbox ? Just the exclusives ? Besides the xbox one games and gta, has there been anything you can't play on xbox that can't be played on PC better recently ?

I never said I was playing Xbox because it had better games.

I just said, I was glued to my Xbox/preferred playing on it.

I play Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon and Battlefield 4 on my Xbox One.

Apart from that, back on 360, my main game was Battlefield 3. I bought it for both 360 and PC. Even bought Premium for both. Still found myself only playing 10 hours of it on PC and 854 hours of it on 360. Just never felt the same on PC. Then again, all my friends were playing on 360 and the platoon I was in hunted and played with DICE members on 360.

Xenji wrote: »
    I did when it was announced, but they only had 300 and I did not get one.

Yeah me too. It's a shame. Off topic but another thing I signed up for that isn't available to Ireland yet but would be awesome is Google glasses tester. Always wanted something like this:

It would be like a futuristic laser tag :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

RasTa wrote: »
    I like your username, although a little bit late for the hip CaPiTalisAtion?

Yeah RasTa, very good point, do you go by the alternate names of Pot, Kettle or Black?
    And I've been round here for a while, seemed like a good idea at the time.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah RasTa, very good point, do you go by the alternate names of Pot, Kettle or Black?
    And I've been round here for a while, seemed like a good idea at the time.... ;)
    Do you even drink cider anymore?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cienciano wrote: »
    Do you even drink cider anymore?

Not since a couple of weeks ago, when I was diagnosed diabetic.... true story....
    Why, do you reckon age is a factor in this next gen matter, because if you do, you may be full of it....

• Advertisement

I never said I was playing Xbox because it had better games.

I just said, I was glued to my Xbox/preferred playing on it.

I play Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Zoo Tycoon and Battlefield 4 on my Xbox One.

Apart from that, back on 360, my main game was Battlefield 3. I bought it for both 360 and PC. Even bought Premium for both. Still found myself only playing 10 hours of it on PC and 854 hours of it on 360. Just never felt the same on PC. Then again, all my friends were playing on 360 and the platoon I was in hunted and played with DICE members on 360.

You said it depends on the games, so i just assumed you were playing games that couldn't be played on PC. BF is undoubtedly far better on PC that on console, particularly the last gen versions... so really what you meant was it depends on what your friends are playing ! Which is completely understandable.

Don't know what any of that has to do with my original statement tho lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement