Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I tested with three headsets. Not the little yoke you get free with the ps4. It is superior, there's no could about it. As fieldog stated the codec is better. And the ps4 comms sound like the x360

whooosh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Fieldog wrote: »
    I think 7.1 headsets, like 5.1 headsets, are a bit gimmicky, you simply can not replace 5 or 7 speakers around you in an ambient room - in headphones - you can emulate it though, (which is what it would be with these headset's)

A good set of stereo headphones, with a mic, would be a better buy, especially if you want to use them for phones, iPods etc....

I have a set of AiAiAi TMA 1s I use for djing, which work well on PS4, as they have a headset cable for iPhone included...

(No I don't have an iPhone thank god!) :P

LALALALALALALALALA XBOX IS BETTER THAN PS4

Sorry but seems to be how things work here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Enough if the childish bickering. Cards will be handed out if this discussion can't be had in a reasonable sensible way - although given this thread's past form that might be a big ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

LALALALALALALALALA XBOX IS BETTER THAN PS4

Sorry but seems to be how things work here.

I didn't say any console was better than the other, be happy with what one you chose and enjoy the games that are meant to be played on it....

Posts like that bring no merit to the conversation and makes the mods have to clean up clutter in the thread...

Articulate your argument, as to why you think one is better than the other - not "OMFG Xbox Rawks PS4 sux"... :D

Otherwise you just sound like an N4G commenter... :)

• Magill wrote: »
    whooosh....
    We can agree to disagree but no need for petty insults

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

We can agree to disagree but no need for petty insults

Magill was making the point that you have stated your test involved you using multiple headsets to test the voice quality on the PS4.

His point was that the headset(s) being used by the person/people you were communicating with was more important as if they were using a sh!tty mic, it would sound sh!tty to you, no matter what headset you were listening to it on.

Anyway, voice quality doesn't mean too much to me - so long as I can make out what is being communicated. I would never drop more than €20-30 on a headset for any console or PC I owned. Just seems redundant to me.

I didn't say any console was better than the other, be happy with what one you chose and enjoy the games that are meant to be played on it....

Posts like that bring no merit to the conversation and makes the mods have to clean up clutter in the thread...

Articulate your argument, as to why you think one is better than the other - not "OMFG Xbox Rawks PS4 sux"... :D

Otherwise you just sound like an N4G commenter... :)

I know, it was a joke based on the way the previous discussion went, sorry!

Rasta said the same thing about the 7.1 being a gimmick, and then some guy came in spouting how Xbox voice comms were better than ps4, wasn't very clear! :pac:

• Otacon wrote: »
    Magill was making the point that you have stated your test involved you using multiple headsets to test the voice quality on the PS4.

His point was that the headset(s) being used by the person/people you were communicating with was more important as if they were using a sh!tty mic, it would sound sh!tty to you, no matter what headset you were listening to it on.

Anyway, voice quality doesn't mean too much to me - so long as I can make out what is being communicated. I would never drop more than €20-30 on a headset for any console or PC I owned. Just seems redundant to me.

You ignored or missed this post;
    Lads I am normally in a group of 10+ on the x1 and the voice coms are of a much higher quality and you have a mix varying headsets. Your pulling the arguments towards the headset when the VoIP on the x1 is superior to the ps4. No headset is going to change this.

• I know, it was a joke based on the way the previous discussion went, sorry!

Rasta said the same thing about the 7.1 being a gimmick, and then some guy came in spouting how Xbox voice comms were better than ps4, wasn't very clear! :pac:

Man up now that some guy is me your talking about and No I was discussing voice comms being better before rasta even posted. I own both consoles and was comparing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Man up now that some guy is me your talking about and No I was discussing voice comms being better before rasta even posted. I own both consoles and was comparing.

I think you are wasting your time with that fella M!Ck, no point discussing anything with him, he has an answer for everything :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

With rumours that Windows 9 will ditch the Metro look, would anyone object to MS removing it for the XBO too.

Never liked it myself.

• Otacon wrote: »
    With rumours that Windows 9 will ditch the Metro look, would anyone object to MS removing it for the XBO too.

Never liked it myself.

Its OK, bit too much going on on the screens on the X1. Some people like the way you set up your shortcuts etc...
    I prefer the menu avigation on the ps4. Love its simplicity. Turn on ps4 start tlou in seconds no messing around.

I prefer the menu avigation on the ps4. Love its simplicity. Turn on ps4 start tlou in seconds no messing around.

TBH even the PS4 UI isn't ideal. I too prefer it but the XMB on the PS3 was always my favourite. The number of button presses to get to anything was minimal and it had a nice, clean look.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bring back the 360 Blades I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I like the UI on the PS4, but I wish they would give you the option of having your games in one place, having to scroll through all the PS+ games now is becoming a chore.

Xenji wrote: »
    I like the UI on the PS4, but I wish they would give you the option of having your games in one place, having to scroll through all the PS+ games now is becoming a chore.

I agree....

Folders or something lads!

I actually like PSN nowadays on PS4, reminds me of early 360 days oddly enough - and thats no bad thing, the days before you had to tunnel through 15 pages to find what you want, I miss those 360 blades also.... :)

In other news, Ryse is no longer an Xbox One exclusive :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-07-xbox-one-launch-title-ryse-son-of-rome-announced-for-pc

tony1980 wrote: »
    I think you are wasting your time with that fella M!Ck, no point discussing anything with him, he has an answer for everything :rolleyes:

Jaysus canto I think you need to actually read the thread and not let your personal views of me dictate your opinion.

I still think your lovely though :)

• Found this; it explains the voice comms and you can clearly distingush that x1 is much better.

http://youtu.be/ZfaQu37OyEU

And what opinion did Rasta or myself have about the voice comms, of either console?

This really is common sense, you jumped the gun at the start, have a read back of the thread and I'm sure you'll agree.

Have a nice day Mick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lads give the 'you said, I said' nonsense behind. It's getting boring and derailing the thread.

Consider that a mod warning not to continue it on past this post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Font not in bold.

Warning doesn't count.

Carry on lads! :P

Found this; it explains the voice comms and you can clearly distingush that x1 is much better.

Good video actually....

Except it only focuses on quality of what's in the actual box, when you hear someone talking on a proper quality headset on PS4, with the background music off, it is a lot better than that video...

That's not to say PS4 voice comms won't improve over time (surely it will) but Xbox does have a better hand on these type of things than Sony does...

And they will always be quicker with great software updates, one thing the PS4 is lacking in comparison to Xbox... I say that as a PS4 owner

Alas though, quality of voice chat online isn't gonna equal to a sale for most if any....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Found this; it explains the voice comms and you can clearly distingush that x1 is much better.

Not having a go M!Ck but that video is from November 13. I'm fairly certain there's been firmware patches and that relating to the audio since then no?

• Timmyctc wrote: »
    Not having a go M!Ck but that video is from November 13. I'm fairly certain there's been firmware patches and that relating to the audio since then no?

No worries Tim.
    Yep its an old video but this is the difference in what I am hearing as of yesterday. It explains my previous posts.
    Not sure about the firmware updates but the voice comms in general have better clarity on the X1 from my experience of owning both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Kirby wrote: »
    Font not in bold.

Warning doesn't count.

Yeah, I thought that before and ended up with a card. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This is actually one of the reasons I'd be less inclined to get an Xbox one also.

Not that Ryse isn't exclusive but that a decent number of the xbox exclusives come to PC.

tok9 wrote: »
    This is actually one of the reasons I'd be less inclined to get an Xbox one also.

Not that Ryse isn't exclusive but that a decent number of the xbox exclusives come to PC.

Not just Ryse though, also Dead Rising 3 is a recent one also going to PC....

Maybe it should say MS exclusive on the box if they eventually are gonna end up on PC?

I doubt Forza will go the PC road though....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya that's what I mean.

The most interesting game coming to Xbox for me is Quantum Break and since Alan Wake came to PC (another I wouldn't mind playing) it wouldn't surprise me to see that make it's way over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It was even said prior to release that Ryse would not be released on PC
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/30/ryse-son-of-rome-will-not-be-ported-to-pc-down-the-line-will-not-have-a-demo-at-launch/

To me, that's worse than Killzone not quite being 1080p in multiplayer. Anyone know any good lawyers? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I wouldn't be able to wait 1yr+ just to play a game on a PC.

Now that people will eventually be able play Ryse on PC you'll start to hear people say the game is good :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement