Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Crytek are/were in trouble financially. Probably trying to get some of the back catalogue to a new audience to make some money. Ryse though,while i have not played it,does not look like my type of game. Dead Rising 3 i wouldnt mind playing,but theres rumours of it being a bad port.

Didnt have to wait a year for titanfall on PC,im sure there will be plenty of other games that release at the same time on Xbox and PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

With this talk of PS4 vs Xbox One isn't it cool when a company does something that is platform neutral ?

Blizzard have announced the save export options for Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls on consoles

Export Save Options

PS3 to PS3 | Xbox 360 to Xbox 360
    PS3 to PS4 | Xbox 360 to Xbox One
    PS3 to Xbox One | Xbox 360 to PS4

Hats off to them , that has to be a 1st ..... lets hope Bioware see this and take notes and figure out a way to reverse the reversal they made on Dragon Age saves :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I wouldn't be able to wait 1yr+ just to play a game on a PC.

Now that people will eventually be able play Ryse on PC you'll start to hear people say the game is good :pac:

To be fair I'm not exactly eager to play them. They just look like games I'd enjoy (Alan Wake/QB, not Ryse.. that honestly looks repetitive and boring to me).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Now that people will eventually be able play Ryse on PC you'll start to hear people say the game is good :pac:

Only if they are giving a free lobotomy with each copy.

For God sake man, even you can't be serious about that. Ryse is a good tech demo but a good game it is not. I put a good few hours into it last Christmas and found myself longing to return to Knack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The PC is gonna need the cloud to run Ryse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »

1081oh-you.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Grayditch wrote: »

if it improves the horrific mp load times they will welcome it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

calex71 wrote: »
    With this talk of PS4 vs Xbox One isn't it cool when a company does something that is platform neutral ?

Blizzard have announced the save export options for Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls on consoles

Export Save Options

PS3 to PS3 | Xbox 360 to Xbox 360
    PS3 to PS4 | Xbox 360 to Xbox One
    PS3 to Xbox One | Xbox 360 to PS4

Hats off to them , that has to be a 1st ..... lets hope Bioware see this and take notes and figure out a way to reverse the reversal they made on Dragon Age saves :(

Well Rockstar are doing similar with your GTAV multiplayer, but not with single player and it's done through your Social Club thing, so yeah, it could be a first alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Quantum break is one of the main games I'm interested to play on X1, but I'd be pretty confident that it'll come out on PC considering recent trends, and the fact that remedy have released Alan on PC too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ryse is a good tech demo but a good game it is not. I put a good few hours into it last Christmas and found myself longing to return to Knack.

Which is like being repeatedly kicked in the crotch and missing being stabbed in the eye. :p

Internet humour aside, I actually liked both games. I know that's not the hip or cool thing to say, but there it is. I enjoy most games and find the endless bashing and critique in todays culture to be tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Ryse is absolute muck. I can guarantee you PS4 owners with a PC won't be rushing out to buy it. It's like saying Xbox One owners would rush out to get knack if it came out on PC. Lets not fool ourselves here.

Found this interesting list and it reminded me of this thread. It compares all released games between the Xbox One and the PS4.

It's a few weeks old considering The Last of US Remastered isn't on there but it's good none the less.

http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

There's a poll at the bottom and 88% of people vote the current PS4 list being better than the Xbox One list. I'm not surprised.

With regards sales of the consoles, PS4 is still going very strong but Xbox One has actually dropped to third place and has been outsold by the Wii U for at least a month now. Things are not looking good at all for Microsoft so if you're thinking of getting an Xbone I'd advise waiting till Xmas for just after and see if there's another price drop. At least by then it will have more games out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

No No they won't. Everyone I know that played it (not including online, so friends of mine basically) think it was short and not even that sweet. In fact most including myself think it's well... Crap. Haven't played knack so can't comment on that.

Quick question regarding game dvr on the ps4. In say battlefield 4 if you want to record a clip do you just press the share button thing (select?) or how do you activate it? I'm using the 'Xbox record that' command on the housemates console but it sometimes flat out refuses to listen to me, even when I try the american drawl that sometimes helps it understand me ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Danonino. wrote: »
    No No they won't. Everyone I know that played it (not including online, so friends of mine basically) think it was short and not even that sweet. In fact most including myself think it's well... Crap. Haven't played knack so can't comment on that.

Quick question regarding game dvr on the ps4. In say battlefield 4 if you want to record a clip do you just press the share button thing (select?) or how do you activate it? I'm using the 'Xbox record that' command on the housemates console but it sometimes flat out refuses to listen to me, even when I try the american drawl that sometimes helps it understand me ha ha

Double tap home button to snap. Click game DVR. Then click end now and it gives you a few options of hoe long you want your past few minutes recorded.

Danonino. wrote: »

Yup. Pressing the Share button brings up options to save or upload video or screenshot. The video tends to be your previous 13 or so minutes of gameplay. If you save the video, you can edit it in Share Factory to get it to the length you want (eg. if you only wanted the last 5 minutes of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So diablo 3 is coming out soon on next gen. I am actually looking forward to it. I wonder if they will do it like TLOU did price wise. I love diablo and I really want it on a console, but I am not sure, that I am ready to bang out full price for it, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I'm still in no rush for either console yet, but I'm happy about the likes of TloU/Diablo/Sleeping Dogs/Gta getting remastered for next Gen.

Haven't played Diablo or SD yet so experiencing them first on next Gen should be good.

Kirby wrote: »
    Which is like being repeatedly kicked in the crotch and missing being stabbed in the eye. :p

Internet humour aside, I actually liked both games. I know that's not the hip or cool thing to say, but there it is. I enjoy most games and find the endless bashing and critique in todays culture to be tiresome.

Don't get me wrong, neither game is as bad as some will have you believe but that's about the nicest thing you can say about them. They're the gaming equivelent of the cheap action film you throw on after a night in the pub, you don't really enjoy it and when it's over you struggle to remember anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RickyWed

Ps4 not much else to say

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

RickyWed wrote: »
    Ps4 not much else to say

Sure we'll keep her lit anyway. Be rude not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Xbox One lost $400m for Microsoft for FY2013/14
    Computing and Gaming Hardware revenue increased $3.2 billion or 49%, primarily due to higher revenue from the Xbox Platform and Surface. Xbox Platform revenue increased $1.7 billion or 34%, due mainly to sales of Xbox One, which was released in November 2013, offset in part by a decrease in sales of Xbox 360. We sold 11.7 million Xbox consoles during fiscal year 2014 compared with 9.8 million Xbox consoles during fiscal year 2013. Surface revenue increased $1.3 billion or 157%, due mainly to a higher number of devices and accessories sold.

Computing and Gaming Hardware gross margin decreased slightly, due to a $3.2 billion or 59% increase in cost of revenue, offset in part by higher revenue. Xbox Platform cost of revenue increased $2.1 billion or 72%, due mainly to higher volumes of consoles sold and higher costs associated with Xbox One. Surface cost of revenue increased $970 million or 51%, due mainly to a higher number of devices and accessories sold, offset in part by a charge for Surface RT inventory adjustments of approximately $900 million in fiscal year 2013.

This is on a gross margin basis. The operating loss may be higher still.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm still in no rush for either console yet, but I'm happy about the likes of TloU/Diablo/Sleeping Dogs/Gta getting remastered for next Gen.

Haven't played Diablo or SD yet so experiencing them first on next Gen should be good.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. No real interest in either of the new consoles quite yet. Tempted for Destiny with nicer graphics but will get it on 360 instead.

Same as yourself though looking forward to a few HD remakes as I had a 360 last gen and am crossing to PS4 this gen so the likes of TLOU etc that I missed last time round at least I'll get a go of.

Still think I'll leave it to Xmas 2015 though. It'll give them time to remedy any bugs and price to drop/bundle deals to appear plus my backlog for 360 is eh rather large not to mention my Wii U backlog, oh and Vita. Make that xmas 2020. :eek:

On the note of bugs/problems I find it hard to understand how Sony allowed the rubber on the thumbsticks to be so shoddy. Its not a red ring of death type hardware issue but its still mental. Seriously they mustnt have tested the sticks for any length of time at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Yeah I'm in the same boat. No real interest in either of the new consoles quite yet. Tempted for Destiny with nicer graphics but will get it on 360 instead.

Same as yourself though looking forward to a few HD remakes as I had a 360 last gen and am crossing to PS4 this gen so the likes of TLOU etc that I missed last time round at least I'll get a go of.

Still think I'll leave it to Xmas 2015 though. It'll give them time to remedy any bugs and price to drop/bundle deals to appear plus my backlog for 360 is eh rather large not to mention my Wii U backlog, oh and Vita. Make that xmas 2020. :eek:

On the note of bugs/problems I find it hard to understand how Sony allowed the rubber on the thumbsticks to be so shoddy. Its not a red ring of death type hardware issue but its still mental. Seriously they mustnt have tested the sticks for any length of time at all.

Yeah Summer '15 could be me depending on the releases but like yourself will probably wait until Christmas for the better bundles!!

Kinda happy now I didn't go for one of them at launch as there's still not enough games out to warrant owning either really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Otacon wrote: »

Does that not include R&D, though?

If it does it lessens the brunt of it.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Does that not include R&D, though?

If it does it lessens the brunt of it.

And marketing, I imagine. Marketing costs for release of a new console surely would have hit both MS and Sony pretty hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yeah Summer '15 could be me depending on the releases but like yourself will probably wait until Christmas for the better bundles!!

Kinda happy now I didn't go for one of them at launch as there's still not enough games out to warrant owning either really.

I'm happy I didnt get launch fever either. I'm a spanner for going getting caught up in the hype.

First console in a while I didnt get caught up in any hype over was the Nintendo Wii U. Partly probably because they made an a$$ of the marketing but I knew it was there. I held off for a year, got it at a great price with a far better library of games. The one year rule is normally the way to go if you can wait. So tough though. Shiny new console!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bigger loss than Nintendo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Is that all.

I thought it would be bad. I suppose they did do great damage control over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Penn wrote: »
    And marketing, I imagine. Marketing costs for release of a new console surely would have hit both MS and Sony pretty hard.

It also includes all the work being done on the new locales that are not yet launched.

• Advertisement

Is that all.

I thought it would be bad. I suppose they did do great damage control over the last few months.

Is that all? I'm sure that Microsoft execs are sitting around going "ah it's only the guts of half a billion, sure it could be worse." You keep speaking of how Microsoft are not concentrating on the games and doing great damage control but honestly to most it feels like they are using a saucepan to save the Titanic. When you have a company spend over a year telling you that things such as the Kinect, the TV division, etc are integral to the console and then suddenly turn around and do a 180 on them it's hard to have any confidence in them. If in a year from now the One starts selling like hot cakes but people are only using it for the media aspects then you can just imagine Microsoft coming out and saying something like "we're discontinuing games for the console as they're no longer integral to it."

I had planned to get a One before the end of the year but all the back tracking done thus far just feels like Microsoft having no confidence in their machine. I'd have more respect for them had they stuck to their guns a little and show us why they felt that the Kinect was integral to the experience. I can see the console selling for about 250 euro in a year or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement