Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Does that not include R&D, though?

If it does it lessens the brunt of it.
    Penn wrote: »
    And marketing, I imagine. Marketing costs for release of a new console surely would have hit both MS and Sony pretty hard.

True, R&D costs are a huge expense at the start.

But marketing costs are not going to go down by much. Especially if they still need to launch in a number of markets, including China.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Danonino. wrote: »
    No No they won't. Everyone I know that played it (not including online, so friends of mine basically) think it was short and not even that sweet. In fact most including myself think it's well... Crap. Haven't played knack so can't comment on that.

I have spoken to many XB1 owners who bought Ryse and were surprised that Ryse is a good game.

Notice I didn't say great, fantastic or masterpiece.

Many people think its crap, that doesn't make it so. This game was hated on before it was even released. I enjoyed the campaign. I expected it to be ridiculously short as I had been told however it really didn't feel that short.

When talking with XB1 gamers about Ryse the frequent reply I hear again and again is “I was surprised that it was good, particularly the co-op"

I am waiting for it to appear on the Deals with Gold sales so I can pick it up and play some co-op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

It was hated on before it was released mainly due to the teaser gameplay being inundated with a ridiculous amount of QTE bollocks though wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is that all.

I thought it would be bad. I suppose they did do great damage control over the last few months.

P5ORDUK.gif

*shamelessly stolen from Building and upgrading forum, but I just have nothing else to say.

• calex71 wrote: »
    With this talk of PS4 vs Xbox One isn't it cool when a company does something that is platform neutral ?

Blizzard have announced the save export options for Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls on consoles

Export Save Options

PS3 to PS3 | Xbox 360 to Xbox 360
    PS3 to PS4 | Xbox 360 to Xbox One
    PS3 to Xbox One | Xbox 360 to PS4

Hats off to them , that has to be a 1st ..... lets hope Bioware see this and take notes and figure out a way to reverse the reversal they made on Dragon Age saves :(

This is refreshing. A great idea by blizzard. Glad my x360 saves won't go to waist.

• Advertisement

It was hated on before it was released mainly due to the teaser gameplay being inundated with a ridiculous amount of QTE bollocks though wasn't it?

E3 demo 2013 - Many people spoke about how repetitive the game was. It was just hack and slash and repeat.

This is definitely the case in the full game but I actually enjoyed that it was just a hack and slash game with really cool execution moves thrown in.

The co-op was where it really shined. Taking on waves of enemies inside the Colosseum, awesome.

Is that all? I'm sure that Microsoft execs are sitting around going "ah it's only the guts of half a billion, sure it could be worse." You keep speaking of how Microsoft are not concentrating on the games and doing great damage control but honestly to most it feels like they are using a saucepan to save the Titanic. When you have a company spend over a year telling you that things such as the Kinect, the TV division, etc are integral to the console and then suddenly turn around and do a 180 on them it's hard to have any confidence in them. If in a year from now the One starts selling like hot cakes but people are only using it for the media aspects then you can just imagine Microsoft coming out and saying something like "we're discontinuing games for the console as they're no longer integral to it."

I had planned to get a One before the end of the year but all the back tracking done thus far just feels like Microsoft having no confidence in their machine.
    People look at it all wrong. The money hasn't been lost. Its been invested.
    Both the Xbox One and PS4 are never going to recoup the money they have invested in their first year.

I wonder how much Sony lost on PS4 this year. Its probably a drop in the ocean compared to the overall 6.4 billion loss Sony has.
    I'd have more respect for them had they stuck to their guns a little and show us why they felt that the Kinect was integral to the experience. I can see the console selling for about 250 euro in a year or so.

I give credit to any company that admits they messed up and does something about it. I am liking where Xbox is right now. They are really listening well to the XB1 owners and implementing features we ask for.

I am delighted that MS got a boot to their asses. It has really awoken the giant. I think every market leader needs a good kick in the ass every now and then.

As we are talking about Ryse, there is an interesting article on Eurogamer about Crytek.

One bit stood out that seems relevant to here:
    We are not 100 per cent happy with Xbox One sales right now.

Maybe Ryse 2 will be coming to other platforms too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Otacon wrote: »
    As we are talking about Ryse, there is an interesting article on Eurogamer about Crytek.

One bit stood out that seems relevant to here:

Maybe Ryse 2 will be coming to other platforms too.

Ryse 2 was canned a few months back as far as I know.

I've just played Ryse myself this week , not worth full price and I didn't pay full price but it's not all bad the story was better than expected and the survival mode is very very good. It's no master piece but far from a bad game just not a great game. It does have one of the best baddie deaths in a game ever :pac: See here spoilers obviously skip to 5:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0GZyE9YWk

Edit : That link Otacon post is 404 http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18914-Ryse-2-Could-Still-Be-On-the-Cards--Says-Crytek.html but now they are saying Ryse 2 isn't cancelled ???

calex71 wrote: »
    Edit : That link Otacon post is 404 http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18914-Ryse-2-Could-Still-Be-On-the-Cards--Says-Crytek.html but now they are saying Ryse 2 isn't cancelled ???

Thanks, I've repaired the link now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 WhoSaidWhut

Having sat and read the key points of this thread I can honestly say that given the pro's and cons between Microsoft and Sony that those continually defending Sony in the face of their excessive failures have truly fallen to fanboyism.

Sincerely,

A fan of both consoles with preference to Microsofts Customer Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Having sat and read the key points of this thread I can honestly say that given the pro's and cons between Microsoft and Sony that those continually defending Sony in the face of their excessive failures have truly fallen to fanboyism.

Sincerely,

A fan of both consoles with preference to Microsofts Customer Service.

Every single pro that MS has (and i think the one is a better console) is outweighed by the fact that sony are outselling them massively. The xbone can be as good as it wants but if none of your mates have one and it doesn't have the exclusives you want then most likely you wont buy one either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just out of curiosity, what would you say are the excessive failures?

Every single pro that MS has (and i think the one is a better console) is outweighed by the fact that sony are outselling them massively. The xbone can be as good as it wants but if none of your mates have one and it doesn't have the exclusives you want then most likely you wont buy one either.

For me MS is like a fine caviar, only the elite, sophisticated and weathly can afford to enjoy such a fine product. The rest flock to the PS4 like hungry hobos looking a quick fix and to spend some extra time with kids that aren't theirs.

So of course the Ps4 is doing better, its cheaper.

Regardless of specs if the xbone dropped it's price then it would undoubtedly do better in sales.

It's the small things Xbone players have paid extra for. Better controllers, graphics, games etc, money well spent of course.

I honestly regret the day I bought a PS4 as now all I use it for now is to support my xbox from touching the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

This thread is sad as there is clear elements of fanboys on both sides but it has to be said the playstation people here are a bit on the deluded side in terms of some of the arguments put forward and things they have tried to ignore.

Personally, myself I was flip flopping between both consoles but have decided to opt for the Xbox One due to its media features and the only good game I hear people constantly talking about is the last of us, not much of an option really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

For me MS is like a fine caviar, only the elite, sophisticated and weathly can afford to enjoy such a fine product. The rest flock to the PS4 like hungry hobos looking a quick fix and to spend some extra time with kids that aren't theirs.

Regardless of specs if the xbone dropped it's price then it would undoubtedly do better in sales.

It's the small things Xbone players have paid extra for. Better controllers, graphics, games etc, money well spent of course.

I honestly regret the day I bought a PS4 as now all I use it for now is to support my xbox from touching the table.

You living in the same world as everyone else?
    Xbox players pay more for better graphics? Nope. Exact opposite.
    Controller is subjective as is games, I prefer PS4 controller, and have preferred Sony exclusives in the past.

Plus they're the same price now yet PS4 continues to be the preferred choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Good to see you were able to rise above all that fanboyism…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Poe?

ems_medic wrote: »
    This thread is sad as there is clear elements of fanboys on both sides but it has to be said the playstation people here are a bit on the deluded side in terms of some of the arguments put forward and things they have tried to ignore.

Personally, myself I was flip flopping between both consoles but have decided to opt for the Xbox One due to its media features and the only good game I hear people constantly talking about is the last of us, not much of an option really.

I have played last of us and whilst its a decent game its certainly not as good enough as to warrent the purchase of such a medicore console with medicore exclusives.

I've played both kilzone and infamous and whilst I admit infamous one, on the ps3 was excellent, the other two have been woeful, and don't get me started on the cluster**** of killzone, simply terrible.

I've tried hard to be fair to the PS4 but I simply cant take that I've been mugged into spending so much as a result of great advertsing only to be bent over and chuffed up the starfish because Sony cant throw out a decent product.

If I used twitter I would hashtag, #sonysucks.

Haha only the elite and sophisticated can enjoy a restricted and sub par device??

Are you also an avid iPhone user??? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Waaaaaaaaaaay to obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Maybe we should have a minimum number of posts rule in this thread...

Good to see you were able to rise above all that fanboyism…

I've spent my money in equal proportion between the xbone and ps4 yet I still dont feel shafted by microsoft as I do sony. Fanboyism? No. Dissatisfied customer? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

are ye for real?

Haha only the elite and sophisticated can enjoy a restricted and sub par device??

Are you also an avid iPhone user??? :pac:

Off topic dripple. I would expect such a reply from someone with an IQ of 25 and an apparent fanboy to boot.

If you must know I own an s4. Beautiful device, and it hasn't let me down yet, much like the MS products I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Off topic dripple. I would expect such a reply from someone with an IQ of 25 and an apparent fanboy to boot.

If you must know I own an s4. Beautiful device, and it hasn't let me down yet, much like the MS products I own.

Don't buy windows 8 then :L

The only consoles I own are a ps3 and an Xbox 360, of which I've played infinitely more on the 369 than I have the ps3, so tell me buddy, who am I a fanboy of?

Haha you're obviously not that rich and sophisticated so or you'd be able to afford an S5 :)

Is that you ML?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The xbox has already been available 440 for kinect, console and game which was a lot cheaper than many places had the ps4+game. The big issue MS have to overcome is that the ps4 is more attractive now because more people have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

He gave the S5 upgrade to the missus to keep her quiet :pac:

• Advertisement

tony1980 wrote: »
    He gave the S5 upgrade to the missus to keep her quiet :pac:

She loves the gold finish :( how could I say no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement