Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

tony1980 wrote: »
    He gave the S5 upgrade to the missus to keep her quiet :pac:

I'd say the missus was oKay with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 canto199001

Lads there is no comparison between xboner and pussay station 4 bar a graphics card xboner is milestone in console development how dare yea mock it gaming is unreal and shes a serious media station NUFF SAID

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Love me some ham

When did this turn into an IRL Clan troll fest??

Kind of sad this is probably posted up on yer forum for ye to come in here trolling :pac:

Whatever yer into I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There's nothing to play on the Xbone so they're spending their day trolling.

• Advertisement

When did this turn into an IRL Clan troll fest??

Kind of sad this is probably posted up on yer forum for ye to come in here trolling :pac:

Whatever yer into I guess.

Were into alot man if your open minded pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Love me some ham

I also like me some ham

It's a gaming community..

On a side note both consoles are nice.. I'm sitting on the fence here :)

It's a gaming community..

On a side note both consoles are nice.. I'm sitting on the fence here :)

Not surprised your sitting on the fence, always sounded like there's something stuck up your ass.

I assumed it was something else :)

Playstation is only good when your a bog bag who lives in a slurry pit with dodgy internet when youve good internet well naturally xboner is the clear choice wats dat saying u pay for quality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm temp locking this thread until the forum mods are able to deal with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A few bans handed out there, some permanent.

Regular posters keep this in mind:

obvious-troll-is-obvious_48606.jpg

Don't feed the trolls! Thread has gotten out of hand due to some obvious trolling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,357 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thread open again. Keep it civil otherwise it might end up closed permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Holy ****, did I miss something?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dara1234

So i read through some of the first pages.
    im going to get the new console soon, probably when Destiney comes out.
    i'm wondering is their any rational arguments on which console to get.

i have an xbox 360 but not many friends online so i don't mind changing console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Otacon wrote: »
    Xbox One lost $400m for Microsoft for FY2013/14

This is on a gross margin basis. The operating loss may be higher still.

I seem to remember asking a while ago, on this thread that won't die, how much MS and Sony were losing per console, and someone piping up that they made money from each sale.
    Glad to see sense has prevailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dara1234 wrote: »

i have an xbox 360 but not many friends online so i don't mind changing console.

Honestly, the biggest factor is exclusives. Which console has the exclusives you'd rather play? Everything else is pretty much even or minimal difference between both consoles that it largely comes down to personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

im going to get the new console soon, probably when Destiny comes out.

I don't think you can go wrong with either console to be honest.

What game genres are you interested in?
    I'd take a look at the current/upcoming exclusives on both platforms to help with your decision.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have an awful feeling the Halo compilation of going to be awesome and I'll have to inform the wife that I've bought the XB1.
    Divorce was nearly initiated when the PS4 touched down a few weeks ago....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Tbh this isn't the place to be asking. Any opinion given by someone on what console to get usually just gets replied with five to six people who own the opposite console badgering the one poster, thus resulting in a back and forth lasting 6-7 pages leaving you non the wiser.Better off just doing your own research on Google and YouTube and decide what games and future exclusives you want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have an awful feeling the Halo compilation of going to be awesome and I'll have to inform the wife that I've bought the XB1.
    Divorce was nearly initiated when the PS4 touched down a few weeks ago....

An almost certainty

IIf any game is going to boost xb1 sales it'll be halo.

The original reason I bought my 360 was for halo 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I wonder will we see Gears of War remade on next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

dunworth1 wrote: »
    An almost certainty

IIf any game is going to boost xb1 sales it'll be halo.

The original reason I bought my 360 was for halo 3

We need the chief ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I think failsafe and Penn's answers are spot on, do a bit of research on the exclusives and that should help you decide. They r both very good consoles in their own right, I'm sure you will be happy whichever one you decide on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I wonder will we see Gears of War remade on next gen.

personally I'd prefer a gears of war then halo
    I love halo but gears was by far my favourite

can't understand the sleeping dogs remake, I actually didn't like the game at all, but even so I know people who loved it/liked it and they don't understand why its been remade
    it just doesn't seem like a game that should be remade, its not a classic, its not a successful series, its just one game that was good and it came out at a certain point on last gen consoles

cash grab most likely the only reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Tbh this isn't the place to be asking. Any opinion given by someone on what console to get usually just gets replied with five to six people who own the opposite console badgering the one poster, thus resulting in a back and forth lasting 6-7 pages leaving you non the wiser.Better off just doing your own research on Google and YouTube and decide what games and future exclusives you want to play.

In fairness to the thread,it may be a bit volatile at times but when someone looks to be a genuine poster asking which to get the answer is usually get the console that has the exclusives they like most.

Which is good advice imo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

EoinHef wrote: »
    In fairness to the thread,it may be a bit volatile at times but when someone looks to be a genuine poster asking which to get the answer is usually get the console that has the exclusives they like most.

Which is good advice imo

Exactly. We argue over the consoles we have, not what others should buy :D

You should buy all the consoles all the headset and throw in a scuffs one to break the bank :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Have a job interview incoming, finally a chance to buy a new console if all goes well, first to arrive without doubt will be the Wii U after finally getting some time with one I need one in my life.

Then despite all the guys (5+ friends) grabbing the one it will be the ps4 which a mate just picked up too.
    It'll be a while but Im convinced that it will be worth the money by then. Bloodborne, tlou, Hotline Miami 2 and Octodad I want (or need) and just the idea of a new uncharted has me giddy, the order looks promising and deep down too. I will get my forza fix on the housemates one and thankfully the remasters of the resi remake (gc game is one of my all time faves, maybe even my #1) and darksouls 2 are multiplatform :)

Now if street fighter 5 is announced a one exclusive then I'll have some tears to shed ha ha
    Also need to pick up a new 360 as mine is on the way out, more importantly I'm out of hard drive space and have plenty of games I cant fit that I've downloaded. New 360 and a serious download list awaits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement