Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

dunworth1 wrote: »

Really? :p They haven't done anything to merit being the plucky underdogs though. They've essentially resestablished the fact they are currently inferior. I'm confused :P Maybe I'm missing something but are theybasically saying "We know we're 2nd place but buy us anyways and make us 1st?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

It's a marketing strategy, "Yeah we are not winning the sales war but we battling hard and we aren't going anywhere". It's honest and they are pretty decent ads.

Davei141 wrote: »
    It's a marketing strategy, "Yeah we are not winning the sales war but we battling hard and we aren't going anywhere". It's honest and they are pretty decent ads.

But surely with the added boost of being able to lock their frame rate or heighten the res slightly they should be at least attempting to paint it as "We're back on terms" not just. 'Buy us because we try hard and come 2nd'

Timmyctc wrote: »
    But surely with the added boost of being able to lock their frame rate or heighten the res slightly they should be at least attempting to paint it as "We're back on terms" not just. 'Buy us because we try hard and come 2nd'

It is from a sales point of view, they ARE behind and they are acknowledging that fact and aren't giving up. They aren't back on terms when they are being outsold by a big margin. I think with the price decrease and with Halo coming out the gap should close at Christmas, as a lot of Xbox 360 owners make the move to the next gen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

dunworth1 wrote: »
    The Xbox One is the underdog against the PS4 in Microsoft's new ads

link:
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/8/5983559/the-xbox-one-is-the-underdog-against-the-ps4-in-microsofts-new-ads

finally the marketing department has stepped up a gear

the best games of the year on xbox one and half of them are multiplats :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I really don't like those ads. It feels as if they were fan made with the movie quote playing in the background.

Will never beat this advert :L

Will never beat this advert :L

See that is what came to mind when I saw the ad campaign. This is what Microsoft need to do. There was even a teaser trailer for the Michael ad. So much hype and in the end it was just a trailer to reinforce sales of a console that was what . 5 years old?

It doesn't go and paint them at a disadvantage or indeed even at an advantage. It just shows what they have and makes it out to be class :P I just think taking an underdogs angle isn't a good marketing standpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Really? :p They haven't done anything to merit being the plucky underdogs though. They've essentially resestablished the fact they are currently inferior. I'm confused :P Maybe I'm missing something but are theybasically saying "We know we're 2nd place but buy us anyways and make us 1st?" :pac:

They are the underdog. I am amazed they have done as well as they are doing after the disastrous E3 in 2013.

Its quite a statement from Xbox who usually avoid anything that resembles a pulse in their advertisements.

Whats great about the ad is it leaves itself open to interruption. IMO Xbox are saying they will keep moving forward. They are up for a fight.

I think its funny that people think Microsoft would just give up. We are only 8 months into what will probably be a 6-8yr console generation. Sony have a great sales lead. However if they keep missing out amazing deals like EA Access Xbox will become even more appealing.

They are the underdog. I am amazed they have done as well as they are doing after the disastrous E3 in 2013.

Its quite a statement from Xbox who usually avoid anything that resembles a pulse in their advertisements.

Whats great about the ad is it leaves itself open to interruption. IMO Xbox are saying they will keep moving forward. They are up for a fight.

I think its funny that people think Microsoft would just give up. We are only 8 months into what will probably be a 6-8yr console generation. Sony have a great sales lead. However if they keep missing out amazing deals like EA Access Xbox will become even more appealing.

Absolutely no one has suggested this?

• Advertisement

I cannot see nor trust Ea on anything to suggest Ea access will be a great service. It seems alright on paper but what is going to stop from other publishers jumping on board and start subscription services as the next trend ?. I also cannot see the service making people go oh I get all this for 30 quid ? I am going to buy a xbox one.

since the ea access was announced xbox sales have not gone up nor have ps4 dropped down, its still a 1 man race while Nintendo and microsoft are only running now.

Microsoft took a chance , a risk they knew that could bite them in the ass but like so many others in the past they got cocky and now have to crawl back to the consumers and took them for a bunch of idiots.

I cannot see nor trust Ea on anything to suggest Ea access will be a great service. It seems alright on paper but what is going to stop from other publishers jumping on board and start subscription services as the next trend ?. I also cannot see the service making people go oh I get all this for 30 quid ? I am going to buy a xbox one.

since the ea access was announced xbox sales have not gone up nor have ps4 dropped down, its still a 1 man race while Nintendo and microsoft are only running now.

Microsoft took a chance , a risk they knew that could bite them in the ass but like so many others in the past they got cocky and now have to crawl back to the consumers and took them for a bunch of idiots.

It was announced 2 weeks ago...

It was announced 2 weeks ago...

has buzz shot up since ?

all my friends , most who were with xbox since xbox one original xbox have all or are all going to buy ps4

has buzz shot up since ?

all my friends , most who were with xbox since xbox one original xbox have all or are all going to buy ps4

That still has nothing to do with whether you know sales have gone up or down regarding EA Access. Nobody knows yet, you are just guessing and passing it off as fact.

That still has nothing to do with whether you know sales have gone up or down regarding EA Access. Nobody knows yet, you are just guessing and passing it off as fact.

I am so confident to know ea access would not do **** all I do not need any evidence to say otherwise

I am so confident to know ea access would not do **** all I do not need fact

That's good to know.

I am so confident to know ea access would not do **** all I do not need any evidence to say otherwise

EA Access is a mega deal. The first of its kind on any console. Thats a hell of a statement. First of its kind. Not available on PS4, only on Xbox One.

So as it stands If you play any EA game the Xbox One is now the place to be. Access is in beta now but I am looking forward to the full release :D
    Straight away my purchase paid for itself. Downloaded 3 games.

Its actually $30 dollars not €30.

EA Access is a mega deal. The first of its kind on any console. Thats a hell of a statement. First of its kind. Not available on PS4, only on Xbox One.

So as it stands If you play any EA game the Xbox One is now the place to be. Access is in beta now but I am looking forward to the full release :D
    Straight away my purchase paid for itself. Downloaded 3 games.

Its actually $30 dollars not €30.

How??? hardly anything to be boast about , sony turned it down and its only really a gain for Ea to further push origins on people and that's now only a tolerable service for pc gamers.

there is absolutely no difference playing a game on ps4 or xbox or pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dara1234

have you seen the EA rentals or similar are going to be by the hour. So if you rent for 4 hours that not 4 hours of game play its really world. that is going to suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

How??? hardly anything to be boast about , sony turned it down and its only really a gain for Ea to further push origins on people and that's now only a tolerable service for pc gamers.

30 dollars a year, for ea games ? don't mind being a year old when put into the vault if your patient
    but thats definitely a plus in my book

its an option its not forced on anyone
    sony said it wasn't value but why should they make that decision for every ps4 owner? when it should be up to the customers themselves

• Advertisement

€25 it costs for the year, you trade Fifa 14 and Battlefield 4 into CeX now and you get €54, that is totally forgetting about ANY other games currently added or added in the future. Yeah, no good value at all.

It kind of is.

Its looks really bad that Sony didn't go for the deal. Claiming that it wasn't good value for their customers :o then charging an arm and a leg for rentals on PS Now.

The deal is actually really good for all parties (gamers, publisher, Xbox). You can't go wrong with €23 a year. Also with the 10% discount Xbox One will now be the cheapest place to buy EA games.

#win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Don't use hashtags on boards....

#nobackseatmodding :pac:

• Davei141 wrote: »
    #nobackseatmodding :pac:
    #postoftheday :)

I am still having a hard time understanding where is the value . You will have a valut full of old sports games that come out yearly and I doubt any of them that get into ea access will be brand new titles all the time.

Ea are not exactly the best with franchise as of late with there handling on making bf the next yearly cod series , how quick they destroyed what was ever good about medal of honour , sim city fiasco and they did not exactly blow the stage away with releases at e3 to show me what a great service its going to be.

If it were ubisoft access then my tone would be different but you have a company who downright pissed off consumers , destoryed amazing studios by buying them off and then closing them.

If you are hyped for games like dragon age , fifa , battlefield by all means sign up for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

How so? It's essentially PS+ but just EA specific. You pay EA a subscription fee to download and play old EA games, get discounts for new EA games, and get exclusive demos and access to new EA games. It's not really the first of its kind, it's essentially what PS+ was on PS3 but which is specific to just one developer.

Penn wrote: »
    How so? It's essentially PS+ but just EA specific. You pay EA a subscription fee to download and play old EA games, get discounts for new EA games, and get exclusive demos and access to new EA games. It's not really the first of its kind, it's essentially what PS+ was on PS3 but which is specific to just one developer.

The same PS+ that is rightly regarded as an unbelievable service, not a bad comparison for half the price. How long till we see AAA titles on PS4 PS+?

I am still having a hard time understanding where is the value . You will have a valut full of old sports games that come out yearly and I doubt any of them that get into ea access will be brand new titles all the time.

Ea are not exactly the best with franchise as of late with there handling on making bf the next yearly cod series , how quick they destroyed what was ever good about medal of honour , sim city fiasco and they did not exactly blow the stage away with releases at e3 to show me what a great service its going to be.

If it were ubisoft access then my tone would be different but you have a company who downright pissed off consumers , destoryed amazing studios by buying them off and then closing them.

If you are hyped for games like dragon age , fifa , battlefield by all means sign up for the service.[/B]

That is a massive fan base.

You cant go wrong for €23 a year. Lets looks at the second hand pricing of 3 of the Access games available for download currently.

I'll use CEX which is usual the cheaper out of all the bricks and mortar shops/

FIFA 14 - €40

Battlefield 4 - €38

Madden NFL 25 - €32

EA Access - €23 a year for permanent access to all the vault games. 10% off other EA purchases.

The value is right there.

• Advertisement

That is a massive fan base.

You cant go wrong for €23 a year. Lets looks at the second hand pricing of 3 of the Access games available for download currently.

I'll use CEX which is usual the cheaper out of all the bricks and mortar shops/

FIFA 14 - €40

Battlefield 4 - €38

Madden NFL 25 - €32

EA Access - €23 a year for permanent access to all the vault games. 10% off other EA purchases.

The value is right there.

Dragon age fanbase is small and there is no point to a service thats only going to offer last year sports game when the new one comes out every year

Anyone who wants a new ea game will buy it day 1 than wait a year and get other games in a service for a game they do not care for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement