Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Davei141 wrote: »
    The same PS+ that is rightly regarded as an unbelievable service, not a bad comparison for half the price. How long till we see AAA titles on PS4 PS+?

October with DriveClub, the first proper release will probably be November.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Penn wrote: »
    How so? It's essentially PS+ but just EA specific. You pay EA a subscription fee to download and play old EA games, get discounts for new EA games, and get exclusive demos and access to new EA games. It's not really the first of its kind, it's essentially what PS+ was on PS3 but which is specific to just one developer.

Its the first of its kind.

A publisher exclusive subscription service on console. Unlike PSN+ you can access the Vault games at whatever time you subscribe. So if you join a year later you still get access to every game since day 1.

This could actually be really great for Sony. The next time a publisher offers them a win win deal they'll more than likely snap it up.

PSN+ is a fantastic service but lets not get it mixed up with a first of its kind publisher subscription service on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Dragon age fanbase is small and there is no point to a service thats only going to offer last year sports game when the new one comes out every year

Anyone who wants a new ea game will buy it day 1 than wait a year and get other games in a service for a game they do not care for.

Well ill be buying the new Fifa 15 at launch, trading it when it is in the vault and that will pay for a years service or more. So ill buy a game that i buy every year and get a whole bunch of other games for free essentially. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »

And I can't bloody wait
    forza is terrible :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I like how Fail talks about the gap closing some days, then when a new game comes out were the gap is still the same he switches the topic....

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »

It looks very nice. I played its beta a year ago. Lots of nice sunset effects while flooring it.

I don't know why they didn't release it sooner. It felt like a completed product when I played it.

Although I am not a driving game enthusiast I have to say I liked Forza 5 better. Particularly with the independent vibration in the triggers. It adds so much to the gaming experience. The tracks are so well designed, the new free tracks that Turn 10 have been giving out have been crazy detailed.

I am looking forward to Forza Horizon 2, it looks stunning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I must say, though EA was once seen as the evil empire producing little else but low effort crappy updates annually to their big franchises they seem to have turned more into the evil empire producing little else but high effort great updates annually to their big franchises.
    As a NFS fan the series of titles over recent years has been pretty much all hit, no miss.
    Overall there is little to separate them from Ubisoft, seeing as between them they seem to be publishing the bulk of the multiplatform titles that we are all awaiting eagerly for the current gen devices.
    It's only unfortunate that they, together with Ubisoft, have lost faith in the WiiU, hopefully a good Christmas sales period will encourage some releases tailored for the console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It looks very nice. I played its beta a year ago. Lots of nice sunset effects while flooring it.

I don't know why they didn't release it sooner. It felt like a completed product when I played it.

Although I am not a driving game enthusiast I have to say I liked Forza 5 better. Particularly with the independent vibration in the triggers. It adds so much to the gaming experience. The tracks are so well designed, the new free tracks that Turn 10 have been giving out have been crazy detailed.

I am looking forward to Forza Horizon 2, it looks stunning.

Damn, those triggers, another reason I need a XB1 in the next few months, that and Gran Turismo has bored the t1ts off me since the 4th outing on the PS2.
    What's NFS Rivals like on the XB1 compared to the PS4?
    I'm enjoying the Sony version but I can only imagine the XB1 controller adds considerably to the experience.

Is NFS more arcadey than sim? I hate driving games that are sim-like and prefer Burnout style arcade mayhem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Davei141 wrote: »
    Is NFS more arcadey than sim? I hate driving games that are sim-like and prefer Burnout style arcade mayhem.

Def arcadey , its a fun series but I have not properly played a nfs gince underground I believe

• Advertisement

Def arcadey , its a fun series but I have not properly played a nfs gince underground I believe

Cheers, I'll have to check it out it see if i can find it for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Its the first of its kind.

A publisher exclusive subscription service on console. Unlike PSN+ you can access the Vault games at whatever time you subscribe. So if you join a year later you still get access to every game since day 1.

This could actually be really great for Sony. The next time a publisher offers them a win win deal they'll more than likely snap it up.

PSN+ is a fantastic service but lets not get it mixed up with a first of its kind publisher subscription service on console.

Yes, First of its kind as it's a publisher exclusive service, but other than that, it doesn't really offer anything else that PS+ didn't. I'm not saying it's not a good service, far from it. If those are the games that interest you, it's a cracking service, though it will depend on how long it takes new releases to go into the vault. But it's not actually giving gamers anything new. It's just a slimmed down EA-only PS+.

And as others have said, it being EA and the games being predominantly annual sports release titles, with the new releases of those games just around the corner, I just don't see it as being that great. If it was Ubisoft, then it'd be a real killer deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I must say, though EA was once seen as the evil empire producing little else but low effort crappy updates annually to their big franchises they seem to have turned more into the evil empire producing little else but high effort great updates annually to their big franchises.
    As a NFS fan the series of titles over recent years has been pretty much all hit, no miss.
    Overall there is little to separate them from Ubisoft, seeing as between them they seem to be publishing the bulk of the multiplatform titles that we are all awaiting eagerly for the current gen devices.
    It's only unfortunate that they, together with Ubisoft, have lost faith in the WiiU, hopefully a good Christmas sales period will encourage some releases tailored for the console.

Hold on what.. while I'm not one to go on and say EA is the source of all evil... it has nothing on Ubisoft at the moment.

They need to continue releasing games with minimal issue before I go singing their praises.

There is no denying anymore than Ea are not the same company as they were in the past a Ubisoft rightfully so have surpassed them and most other publishers over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There is no denying anymore than Ea are not the same company as they were in the past a Ubisoft rightfully so have surpassed them and most other publishers over the last few years.

Which past, EA have gone from innovative to shovelling out the same old stuff repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

On the EA offer, if you're a fan of any of these games you have paid for them already.

On the of chance you traded in Battlefield cause it was so broken, do you want to give EA more money directly?

We as gamers need to get out of the sheep mentality. And Failsafe, your language is flamboyant like it's coming straight from EA itself about this deal. It annoys me that this can posted as a positive.

Are they going to offer more broken games next year?

Please don't rush out as a group to take this up, let EA sweat for a bit.

Varik wrote: »
    Which past, EA have gone from innovative to shovelling out the same old stuff repeatedly.

there was a time not so long ago when John Riccitello was around that ea actually done interesting things.

Bringing back SSX creating new games like Brutal Legend , mirrors edge,dead space, dante iferno, american mcgee alice acquiring popcap , bioware to create mass effect series, plants vs zombies and peggle.

and being publisher for left 4 dead for consoles and the orange box

after when he left everything just went south

NORTH1 wrote: »
    On the EA offer, if you're a fan of any of these games you have paid for them already.

On the of chance you traded in Battlefield cause it was so broken, do you want to give EA more money directly?

We as gamers need to get out of the sheep mentality. And Failsafe, your language is flamboyant like it's coming straight from EA itself about this deal. It annoys me that this can posted as a positive.

Are they going to offer more broken games next year?

Please don't rush out as a group to take this up, let EA sweat for a bit.

Its a great deal. Simples.

Its only €23 a year. If there is even 1 game you want in the vault the sub is more than worth while.

You cant really say any more than that. A great deal is a great deal :D

The master cheif collection is a great deal , ea access is nothing to white noise

The master cheif collection is a great deal , ea access is nothing to white noise

Even the Chief has EA Access on his XB1 :D

I am still waiting for people to prove its not a great deal lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm gonna wait until EA prove it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

the ea access doesn't really appeal to me

i don't play any sports games while the 23 is a good saving i'd be doubtful that i'll be purchasing it.

ah yes 10% off and 5 days early access :rolleyes: that's seems like eas attempt to get people to buy the game before the review are out and people find out that the game is bug infested and broken.

but hey ea will be laughing because they made loads on it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't really think there is anything to prove really.

If you are into EA games and aren't in any particular rush to pick them up, it is a good deal.

I'm not familiar with the actual terms but seems like good value. Not for me but for others.

I'll be interested to see if other publishers do something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    sony said it wasn't value but why should they make that decision for every ps4 owner?

Because you don't know if EA wanted money from Sony for the service or not. It's possible they wanted subsidization and Sony didn't think it represented value on that end

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

COYVB wrote: »
    Because you don't know if EA wanted money from Sony for the service or not. It's possible they wanted subsidization and Sony didn't think it represented value on that end

They should still have offered to their customers IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

It's probably more with Sony focused on Playstation Now, they didn't want to have a competing service on their system. There's the possibility that they add a subscription option to playstation now in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

COYVB wrote: »

But its EA's access programme, if anything EA would have to pay sony to have it on the playstation, not the other way around. EDIT: maybe it is to stop it competing with their psnow, but from the leaks and what ever stage its in, the price of games for renting seem terrible value, so hopefully thats sorted.

We don't know if EA was looking for money which is correct
    so we can only run of the facts of what sony said
    it wasn't good value
    so I said how can they judge it been good value or not for their customers
    it should be the customers choice, seen as the EA Access is an optional subcription

I for one would of loved to have it on the playstation, would of been nice to have it along with ps+

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If EA wasn't looking for money (they were) then that means that Sony actively blocked the service, and if there wasn't a payment from MS then why hasn't this been trailed on Origin ( EA need as many reason as possible for people to get on that still).

This isn't competition for Now, it's competition for Plus were Sony are still free to negotiate any individual game from EA.

There is no customer or consumer choice when it comes to consoles , for any choice a consumer has is on pc , unfortunatley the console maker dictates whats best for that system and how they should run it.

On pc you have a choice to run windows or linux , to buy your games from steam , origins or gog.

What servers you want to enter what servers you want to buy , you have a choice

With consoles you dont so if sony feels ea access is not worth it , its their choice not to use it. We do not have a say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

dunworth1 wrote: »
    ah yes 10% off and 5 days early access :rolleyes: that's seems like eas attempt to get people to buy the game before the review are out and people find out that the game is bug infested and broken.
    That's a bizarre interpretation, honestly. Review embargos stop people seeing badly reviewed games get slated whereas letting people play before release date seems the exact opposite. It seems more a statement of confidence in quality than anything. The quality of the games will have to stand up, anyway for those who get the service or we will see there is indeed such a thing as bad publicity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement