Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ah here, you think the series has been in a sliding decline since System Shock 2!

Too right, the Bioshock games can't touch System Shock 2! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I just finished Enslaved today and was wondering what to go on to next. Seen as I got Bioshock on games for gold last month and it gets rave reviews I probably should give it a whirl. Hope it lives up to its hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Oh god, are we back to Bioshock vs system shock 2 again?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh god, are we back to Bioshock vs system shock 2 again?

There's no discussion. System Shock 2 is better :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm,
    He's right though.
    Looks like ass though.
    And not smooth super model ass either.
    We're talking truckers, same underwear for a week, sweaty sack ass.
    Bioshock looks fantastic.
    The sequel I wasn't as mad about.
    Will there be more from the franchise?
    I haven't heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Bioshock Infinite was a borefest you say.
    In regards what?
    The gameplay?
    Yes, too many sections you were locked into until a set amount of enemies were defeated.
    But the story was brilliant, and the ending was every bit as impressive as the work done in TLOU, it was complex, it made sense, it was well written.
    My biggest problem with it was the under utilisation of the dimension tearing, once again a game comes up with a USP and instead of allowing the player to explore the full consequences of the power they turn it into a way of conjuring up grappling points, health, ammo or cover.
    That said, there was some great uses of the concept during the game, and it was integral to the gameplay, and there was a significant section or two set in alternate realities though, ultimately, the whole game is an alternate reality.
    Finding flaw with Bioshock Infinite is ok though, and it's right to accept the flaws while celebrating the successes, and so it goes for TLOU, Portal/2, HL2, DS/2 and so on.

i've yet to play bioshock infinite. got it for free from ps plus but i highly doubt it's bad. it got very good ratings and i've heard nothing but good things about it. maybe not his kinda game...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tok9 wrote: »
    All fake unfortunately.

Apparently, the user on Reddit who called it a fake 'IWorkForSony', has had their account removed...

90800-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-VRsk.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Otacon wrote: »
    Apparently, the user on Reddit who called it a fake 'IWorkForSony', has had their account removed...

90800-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-VRsk.jpeg

Now I have hope... hope is dangerous! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Redditors pointed out some flaws in the images though which possibly disprove it. Such as the folder image of the 4 games in the first picture, where the image for Killzone has the PEGI logo in the bottom left corner, but it doesn't have it in the next image.

Hopefully the positive feedback for those images would make Sony implement them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Has anyone noticed the spike in the price of games since the next gen releases?? €79.99 now seems the norm?! Is that right or did I just stumble into a Gamestop run by nutters??

I'm a casual gamer (god I remember the days when games were my life!!) and have a PS3 and X360 for all the exclusives. So I'm used to seeing games advertised at 54.99/59.99 at most, or MAYBE 64.99 for the odd title at rip-off retailers. Can't get over the prices I'm currently seeing!

• Advertisement

Happened last gen as well. Prices go up since the market is small for next gen games. It will go down as market share increases.

Anyone only mugs buy in game shops, you get much better deals online.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

TLOU and BioShock certainly aren't gameplay gold, but they are solid. And the stories are so much better than a lot of "instructions over the earpiece" shooters or some of the gammy nonsense JRPGs.

More attempts at Hollywood ****e will do me. Even a remotely semi-decent story comes across great in a game. Or maybe I just don't judge them as harshly as a film. Which is natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm sure it is being implemented anyway, it's just a matter of when.

The invite/accept looked really quick.. hopefully that gets implemented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    i've yet to play bioshock infinite. got it for free from ps plus but i highly doubt it's bad. it got very good ratings and i've heard nothing but good things about it. maybe not his kinda game...

I played TLOU and Bioshock Infinite side by side. The first one I enjoyed immensely and the second I found a bit of a grind and kind of underwhelming in the end. It is undeniably beautiful to look at but it just felt like less than the sum of its parts to me personally. Maybe I was expecting too much from it but I felt TLOU delivered and Infinite didn't. I played Bulletstorm straight after and enjoyed that immensely. Sure it was big and dumb but I thought it was a hell of a lot of fun to play. Something that I thought was missing from Infinite. Also, I don't think the end was half as smart as it thought it was.

I was just playing Bioshock Infinite just to get it over with after a while. The gameplay really was just a bit boring.

I really don't feel story is all that important in games. My two favourite games of last year were Mario 3D World and Metal Gear Revengeance. One had no story to speak of, the other was absolute nonsense but my god where they fun and with wonderfully engineered gameplay.

The most important thing about story in a game is that it doesn't get in the way of enjoying the game. As long as you can achieve that you're doing alright and then making a good story is a nice bonus. Just look at something like MGS2/4 or the last Star Ocean game for games were the story is a huge hindrance to the overall enjoyment of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I've been thinking of picking up the PS4 just for Destiny... didn't have a PS3, but an Xbox 360 instead, of last generation... hmm

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I've been thinking of picking up the PS4 just for Destiny... didn't have a PS3, but an Xbox 360 instead, of last generation... hmm

It is a good time to jump over TBH. This years seems to be dominated but remasters and definitive editions of classic PS3 games, which is likely to continue.

Also, the PS4 has some superb games of its own and PSNow is coming soon too for the PS3 games that don't get remade.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I was just playing Bioshock Infinite just to get it over with after a while. The gameplay really was just a bit boring

Too right!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I have an xbox one and find that I play it more than my son who has a PS4. I would stick with the Xbox, or just get Destiny for the 360?
    Xbox has Halo collection coming out later this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

in my oppinion the ps4 controller is completely crap compared to the xbox one controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dunworth1 wrote: »
    just remember that the ps4 controller is completely crap compared to the xbox one controller

That's your opinion, not fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'm assuming you mainly game on the PC ? If so, PS4 is the obvious choice imo. A lot of the XB1 exclusives will eventually come to PC and all the console games you do buy will play better on PS4. Plus you already have a gem to go along with destiny with TLOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Penn wrote: »

i have updated my post to reflect that it is my opinion and not a stated fact

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Magill wrote: »
    I'm assuming you mainly game on the PC ? If so, PS4 is the obvious choice imo. A lot of the XB1 exclusives will eventually come to PC and all the console games you do buy will play better on PS4. Plus you already have a gem to go along with destiny with TLOU.

What? Impossible to know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Nah, I know.

I think Magill is basing this assertion on the trend of multi-platform games performing better, in terms of framerate and resolution, on PS4, and the fact that the PS4 is a more powerful system in terms of technical specifications so this trend looks set to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Magill wrote: »

Forza 5, DR3 and Ryse Don't.....I tried and the PS4 would not play them.

You lied to me Sir, and I demand satisfaction, Pistols at dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Penn wrote: »

Na, it's fact. The ps4 controller loses by virtue of the fact that its left stick is in the wrong place. They've had four iterations to correct this and it's baffling that they still got it wrong. Stubbornness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Kirby wrote: »
    Na, it's fact. The ps4 controller loses by virtue of the fact that its left stick is in the wrong place. They've had four iterations to correct this and it's baffling that they still got it wrong. Stubbornness.

It's not in the wrong place. I actually really dislike the asymmetrical placement of the X1 controller for flighing games and anything other than FFS games.

Even then, this is all preference only.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »

*snip*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement