Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭paddypowder

I have both

my xb1 is gathering dust to be honest... really considering selling it

ps4 isn't great either in terms of whats out there at the moment I actually use it more to stream netflix...but tech wise its more advanced
    and offers true 1080p definition

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nintendo has its analogue design patented so the other two can't use it. Their analogues are pretty much the best around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have both

my xb1 is gathering dust to be honest... really considering selling it

ps4 isn't great either in terms of whats out there at the moment I actually use it more to stream netflix...but tech wise its more advanced
    and offers true 1080p definition

Unless it KillZone Shadow Fall :D

There is a good few PS4 titles that don't hit 1080p native.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone else have any disc drive problems with ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyone else have any disc drive problems with ps4?

Is the PS4 randomly turning on, ejecting the disk and continuously trying to eject the disk?

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Is the PS4 randomly turning on, ejecting the disk and continuously trying to eject the disk?

No issue like that it plays for an hour or hour and a half and then stops reading the disc. It's a weird one

No issue like that it plays for an hour or hour and a half and then stops reading the disc. It's a weird one

Haven't heard of that one. Sorry, I've no help for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

apr2002_sennari05gcpad_zps1ca3945b.jpg

If they got the cube pad, and updated the two sticks and d-pad to the Wii u versions and added a L1 button... Then we would truely have a winner. Pad is still the most natural feeling in the hand and the larger A button and layout was genius.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, you'll get to use it again soon on Super Smash Bros!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Nintendo are releasing a new controller soon. Not a GameCube one, but an all new one, and it's with Smash in mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I want a Wii u so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Danonino. wrote: »
    I want a Wii u so bad

Amazon.it have been selling bundles for 190 Euro the last few days and Symths are doing similar deals, I only have 5 Wii U games but all of them are better than anything on my PS4 or the XB1 at the moment in my opinion. That is not to say the others games I have are bad, but the games on the Wii are just so much fun and remind you why you love gaming in the first place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

COYVB wrote: »
    Nintendo are releasing a new controller soon. Not a GameCube one, but an all new one, and it's with Smash in mind

Really?
    Links please!
    I know they've an adapter to allow the use of GC controllers, including Wavebirds, with the WiiU with Super Smash Bros in mind, but didn't hear anything about a new controller.
    Seems like oversaturation, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Really?
    Links please!
    I know they've an adapter to allow the use of GC controllers, including Wavebirds, with the WiiU with Super Smash Bros in mind, but didn't hear anything about a new controller.
    Seems like oversaturation, no?

No link. Told in person by a Nintendo exec last week.

*edit*

On the oversaturation bit, they're not actually releasing the GC controller again or anything. The adapter is only for people who still have theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

*edit*

On the oversaturation bit, they're not actually releasing the GC controller again or anything. The adapter is only for people who still have theirs

Are they not releasing a Smash Bros branded one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Release all the controllers!

Ea access live for all xbox one users today... huge day for Ms and another reason why the XBox one is great value for money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Ea access live for all xbox one users today... huge day for Ms and another reason why the XBox one is great value for money

Huge day?

I don't even think the introduction of PS+ was a huge day for Sony, it was just business as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Also no surprise to see that EA is no longer offering demos for free.

This is the biggest concern with all these subscriptions.

• Advertisement

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Huge day?

I don't even think the introduction of PS+ was a huge day for Sony, it was just business as usual.

Of course it's a huge day. It's fantastic value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Huge day?

That was a huge day for Sony. The day they started charging Sony gamers to play online when it used to be completely free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

That was a huge day for Sony. The day they started charging Sony gamers to play online when it used to be completely free.

You do know that PS+ was available for years on PlayStation 3, where it is still completely free to play online, before it came to PlayStation 4, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Of course it's a huge day. It's fantastic value for money.

What acclaimed games can be played via this subscription service that are NOT sports games that I cannot buy for <€15 2nd hand?

Apparently 4 games at launch..... #delighted #bargain

It was still free to play online when PS+ launched. PS+ wasn't required to play online, it simply introduced the Instant Game Collection, automatic downloads, discounts, early access to demos, betas, full game trials etc.

It was only with the PS4 that it became a requirement for playing online.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

Cormac... wrote: »
    What acclaimed games can be played via this subscription service that are NOT sports games that I cannot buy for <€15 2nd hand?

Battlefield 4 is like €44 second hand in Gamestop.

Trade that in for €30 and it pays for service straight off no??

Cormac... wrote: »

Battlefield 4, nfl, fifa 14, peggle

Can you provide a link where you can purchase anything other than peggle for less than 30-40 euro used?

• Looks like X1 is getting mkv support. Brilliant.

Wish they would add this to the PS4.

It's annoying how you can't even play MP3's on both consoles like you could with the x360

• Advertisement

It's ridiculous to say that it's not massive value for money lads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement