Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

It's ridiculous to say that it's not massive value for money lads

I don't deny it if you're into it. I have BF already, but I'm done with EA, so if that's your thing, great.

But it's not an absolutely huge, momentous day for anybody. That's a bit dramatic to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Are they not releasing a Smash Bros branded one?

Apparently not. This new controller might be smash branded, I didn't ask. Just asked if they were tec releasing GC controller and was told they were not, but they were releasing an all new one built for smash

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Battlefield 4

Ok fair enough, for that 1 game, I don't play battlefield personally, but it's meant to be good..... but I can get Battlefield 3 for free now, if i didn't already own it (and not play it thus far)
    nfl, fifa 14,

I asked for NON-Sports games, 2/4 you mentioned are sports games, this is concerning
    peggle

Seriously? A mobile/puzzle game? Good as it may be, you cannot seriously be pitching an EA paid service and that's one of the big 4 that's meant to win me over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Rumours that No Man Sky will in fact be a Sony console exclusive (Like Titanfall)... sucks for any Xbox only guys if true, probably hear about it later in Sony's conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Cormac... wrote: »
    Ok fair enough, for that 1 game, I don't play battlefield personally, but it's meant to be good..... but I can get Battlefield 3 for free now, if i didn't already own it (and not play it thus far)

I asked for NON-Sports games, 2/4 you mentioned are sports games, this is concerning

Seriously? A mobile/puzzle game? Good as it may be, you cannot seriously be pitching an EA paid service and that's one of the big 4 that's meant to win me over

I stated the games that were for free I didn't say anything about them btw.

Now where can the games be gotten for 15 euro?

Also cex are beast for trade in prices lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Maybe i'd feel like i'm missing out if I didn't already have Fifa/BF. Honestly though, its decent value for the few people that don't have these games but want them... is it a game changer though ? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusive on Xbox One. That's quite the coup

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The biggest value in my opinion is discounts to new game releases, as the free vault games will likely come out so long after release that most people would have bought them anyway. I know I wouldn't wait until next March to play the new Madden considering it's out in a few weeks.

EA Access is good value. I don't think there's much doubt about it. I just don't think the free games are the real value in it.

That being said, the discounts to digital downloads possibly aren't enough to combat not being able to trade them in when the next game comes out.

If you buy a lot of EA games, it's great value. No doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

COYVB wrote: »

Wow, that's a hell of a get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

SONY would want to have a strong performance this eve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

COYVB wrote: »

Microsoft be like....

*snip*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Really don't like MS's attitude of just throwing money at developers to not release a game on an other console.
    It's different if they develop it themselves, or fund the development, but Tomb Raider was already well into development and already announced for PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Really don't like MS's attitude of just throwing money at developers to not release a game on an other console.
    It's different if they develop it themselves, or fund the development, but Tomb Raider was already well into development and already announced for PS4.

I do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't mind companies throwing money around, I blame Crystal Dynamics for bending over and grabbing their ankles.

I do :D

Why? How does it benefit you if PS4/PC players can't play it?
    It's a scummy move and shouldn't be supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

its great for Xbox one owners which is the whole point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

This will probably end up as a timed exclusive.

It's already in development.

Fair game and fair play if it's 100% exclusive and fully supported by MS. But I agree, I hate the throwing of money out for timed exclusives or 3rd party exclusives.

Invest in your 1st party studios! I was hoping that trend of the 360 from 2010 onwards would die off. Obviously not.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    its great for Xbox one owners which is the whole point

See above. Is it not still great for Xbox One owners if it comes out on Xbox One AND PS4/PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That's not cool, Microsoft. Invest in first party studios rather than taking over beloved franchises. The first was released on both so it sucks now that a load of fans can't play the sequel. Wasn't there a trailer for it on PS4?

If this is a timed exclusive, I'm not buying it on PS4.

the same way it benefits ps4 owners that xbox players cant play tlou
    and every other exclusive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Completely agree.

Looks like MS is doing "Titanfall" again. They dont have any good IPs themselves, so they just throw money at developers to buy out exclusive right. In all this situation the one who gets ****ed is an average gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    This will probably end up as a timed exclusive.

It's already in development.

Fair game and fair play if it's 100% exclusive and fully supported by MS. But I agree, I hate the throwing of money out for timed exclusives or 3rd party exclusives.

Invest in your 1st party studios! I was hoping that trend of the 360 from 2010 onwards would die off. Obviously not.

They appear to be doing both. Throwing dump trucks of money to secure third party exclusives and investing in first party studios also.

Its all good for us Xbox One gamers.

Completely different situation. Sony developed The Last of Us themselves.
    MS just paid Square Enix to not release the game on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Tlou is Made by Sony Studio, not by a third party studio. they have the full right to have it only on PS4. Same way like Forza and Turn10.

Sony did not payed Naughty Dog to "NOT make it for MS console", wheres MS is doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to Xbox owners if Microsoft took that money and spent it on getting someone to develop a new exclusive rather than spend hundreds of millions of dollars to get a game that was coming out on the system anyway?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

To be fair, there'd be even less need for multiple consoles if the odd major exclusive didn't keep things interesting and competitive. Microsoft clearly offered Square Enix an incredibly generous package and support, just like I'm sure Sony did with some of their third party exclusives, timed or otherwise. I'm just a little surprised a major third party AAA franchise is going exclusive when there has been such a shift away from that over the last generation due to spiralling production costs.

I'd be far more concerned about Crystal Dynamics addressing the major problems and misguided direction of the first game than I would about what console it ends up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I presume it's just a timed exclusive if it was already in development for the PS4. Is it really going to hurt people's feelings to wait 6 months to play a game?

To be fair, there'd be even less need for multiple consoles if the odd major exclusive didn't keep things interesting. Microsoft clearly offered Square Enix an incredibly generous package and support, just like I'm sure Sony did with some of their third party exclusives, timed or otherwise.

I'd be far more concerned about Crystal Dynamics addressing the major problems and misguided direction of the first game than I would about what console it ends up on.

Do Sony have any third party exclusives? AFAIK they just spend their money on their first party studios, and the odd second party studio like QD.

Completely agree.

Looks like MS is doing "Titanfall" again. They dont have any good IPs themselves, so they just throw money at developers to buy out exclusive right. In all this situation the one who gets ****ed is an average gamer.

you mean ps4 owners

gamers on xbox one are unaffected

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I don't mind companies throwing money around, I blame Crystal Dynamics for bending over and grabbing their ankles.

Dont blame CD it was square's decision

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement