Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Cormac... wrote: »
    Oh there's PS4 Fanboys here too for sure, granted i'm...
    _Redzer_ wrote: »
    Do they actually own the IP, or do they have the rights to just 1 game? There's a massive difference, the former being that sequels could find themselves to PS anyway, which renders their strategy useless and a waste of money.
    Simple business logic says otherwise. If you want to play this game. You can only play it on Xbox One.

I would consider buying the X1 if they actually invested in first party studios, which they haven't been doing for years.
    Something that gets timed 3rd party exclusives is not something I want, or want to support.
    Its already been done and showcased.
    And judging from the past, they really scaled back on new IPs and exclusives, so I'll believe the talk when I see it. And if they deliver, I'll be happy to buy one.
    The past is just that, the past and the future is looking very bright indeed on XB1.
    But that means actually spending money correctly like Sony and Nintendo do.
    We have already witnessed the spending power of Microsoft today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Enough 'fanboy' accusations, seriously, you're just dragging the thread through the dirt with on-thread name calling. If you feel a poster is trolling, report it.

EDIT: Several subsequent posts deleted for a variety of reasons, but mostly just to clean this up before it spirals into a complete mess again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The new NFL seasons starts in less than a month and the new football season is underway. Madden 15/Fifa 15 are right around the corner. I don't get what the fuss is about with this EA Pass to be quite honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Do they actually own the IP, or do they have the rights to just 1 game? There's a massive difference, the former being that sequels could find themselves to PS anyway, which renders their strategy useless and a waste of money.

I would consider buying the X1 if they actually invested in first party studios, which they haven't been doing for years.
    Something that gets timed 3rd party exclusives is not something I want, or want to support.

And judging from the past, they really scaled back on new IPs and exclusives, so I'll believe the talk when I see it. And if they deliver, I'll be happy to buy one.

But that means actually spending money correctly like Sony and Nintendo do.
    I couldnt give a toss on whether MS are wasting money or not.Like a lot of people if i see a game i like then i'll buy it.Be it either console.Do you think the average gamer will give an ounce of a sh!te that MS wasted such an amount on getting the timed exclusive for the next COD for example?I seriously doubt it as long as they get the game at the end of the day.

Who cares if they might not own the IP for the second game.If they manage to get people to buy the console because they managed to get it for the first game then they have already done their job.

What person is going to buy the Xbox One console for lets say Quantum Break or Sunset Overdrive and then in 2015 sequels are announced for those games but they now are multiplatform.Are the people who bought the Xbox one console now going to buy the PS4 consoles for the sequels?Perhaps some might but probably a lot will not.My point is all that MS needs to do is to get those initial buyers in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I couldnt give a toss on whether MS are wasting money or not.Like a lot of people if i see a game i like then i'll buy it.Be it either console.Do you think the average gamer will give an ounce of a sh!te that MS wasted such an amount on getting the timed exclusive for the next COD for example?I seriously doubt it as long as they get the game at the end of the day.

Did Playstation not do the same thing with Destiny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Not sure how many people trust Neogaf here, but two insiders there (cboat and shinobi) both say that Tomb Raider is only a timed exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Do what?

Timed exclusive.

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Timed exclusive.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest tbh. But Nor have I ever heard the lads in party chat even complain about it when we were playing the beta.if anything when the content is finally released on the One, it will freshen up the game again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 The Chocolate Thunder

Davei141 wrote: »
    As an Xbox owner (and owner of a PS4 too) I am not that happy with chucking money at established franchises that were going to be multi platform. I would much rather they invested that money in more exclusives that they actually had a part in developing/funding some way like Quantum Break/Halo/Dead Rising/D4/Sunset Overdrive/Gears etc.

Own both consoles myself, and this is exactly how I feel about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »

Group Hug everyone...come on get here:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Group Hug everyone...come on get here:pac:

If anything this just makes it worse for everybody. MS advertise it as an exclusive to anger Sony fans, but Failsafe doesn't actually get his exclusive. :pac:

Hmm, that's not any kind of confirmation.

I am pretty sure if it was timed the company wouldn't be talking about the other TR games on Playstation and talking about the deal with MS. They would straight away say it's debuting first on XB1 like they did with No mans sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The tumblr post makes it sound like it's totally exclusive. But they're probably being very selective with their words:
    we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94529480860/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-update

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Here Microsoft, fund a new, inventive IP there, will ya.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Consider this post a formal banning of pointless hashtags from here on in.

Wow, 10 million PS4's sold.

Well done to Sony. Thats some going.

Consider this post a formal banning of pointless hashtags from here on in.
    All hashtags outside of twitter would qualify. Heck, it's a turn off even on twitter.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Here Microsoft, fund a new, inventive IP there, will ya.
    I'd take Lost Odyssey 2 if that was an option also.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

Sony seem to be awful for false advertising and blowing things out of proportion. Latest example is the Farcry 4 having a friend play with you even if they don't own the game, this was hyped MAJORLY even by people on this thread.

The reality , buy Farcry 4 and you get 10 trial keys to give to your friends that each last just 2 hours, feeble really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

So dayz coming to ps4.. is that a big deal though considering it can be bought on steam for 20 quid? When did they say it would be ready for launch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ems_medic wrote: »
    Sony seem to be awful for false advertising and blowing things out of proportion. Latest example is the Farcry 4 having a friend play with you even if they don't own the game, this was hyped MAJORLY even by people on this thread.

The reality , buy Farcry 4 and you get 10 trial keys to give to your friends that each last just 2 hours, feeble really.
    Sure that's a good thing I guess.. not as good as me game sharing with miju so we end up getting each game for roughly 21 euro each at launch. Excellent way of saving money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

There always had to be a catch but it's a great idea though at hooking in people on the fence.

There always had to be a catch but it's a great idea though at hooking in people on the fence.

Thats what demos are for no ?

Sony made a big massive song and dance about this at e3.They should have just said the truth which was trial keys but I guess that wouldnt sound anywhere near as good as "play with friends who dont even own the game"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Honestly I have read 10 pages of arguments over Tomb Raider, you would think some people think it is the worlds greatest game judging by the last 10 pages.

Xenji wrote: »
    Honestly I have read 10 pages of arguments over Tomb Raider, you would think some people think it is the worlds greatest game judging by the last 10 pages.

Completely agree with you which is all the more perplexing PS4 people are giving off about not being able to play it on PS4, its an above average game at best.

Thats what demos are for no ?

Sony made a big massive song and dance about this at e3.They should have just said the truth which was trial keys but I guess that wouldnt sound anywhere near as good as "play with friends who dont even own the game"

Well it is basically a demo and they did completely oversell it but it is also clever.

Well it is basically a demo and they did completely oversell it but it is also clever.

It's not even a demo it's a timed trial and lets be fully honest they didn't oversell it they completely misrepresented what it was going to be

It's not even a demo it's a timed trial and lets be fully honest they didn't oversell it they completely misrepresented what it was going to be

Don't get me wrong 2 hours is bloody measly considering how big Far Cry games are but it is a smart concept, people co-oping it up to try it out could end up creating a good few more sales. It is pretty underwhelming though compared to what they first billed it as.

That was a very weak showing from Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,644 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That was a very weak showing from Sony.

Agreed. Have to say I was disappointed. Most of the games looked great and a lot of fun, but where was the big moment? The big reveal? Even when Kojima came out I was expecting an announcement about exclusive PS4 content. But nope, cardboard box stickers.

Definitely a mediocre showing from Sony.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement