Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pushtrak wrote: »
    That was a very weak showing from Sony.

I think it was a weak showing by both companies, shame Nintendo did not do one after the success of theirs at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I thought it was pretty decent, the games showed seemed pretty good. What more can you ask for really? You don't need big reveals. The cardboard box thing was ridiculous and classic MGS though, how the guy didn't start laughing trying to explain what you can do with the box i don't know. It was pretty stupid though when Snake crawled out right in front of the guard but he doesn't notice you because he was distracted by a fecking box with tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I thought it was a pretty decent show, they showed a lot of new stuff. Everything at MS's show was already announced.

Rime.
    Wild.
    Tearaway Unfolded.
    Bloodborne.
    LBP3.
    DayZ.

All interested me.

The only thing MS showed that I had an interest in was Quantum Break and that kind of disappointed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Davei141 wrote: »
    I thought it was pretty decent, the games showed seemed pretty good. What more can you ask for really?
    Good exclusive games instead of 'hey, that game you can get other places? Well, we have this feature you'll not get anywhere else' because that isn't wow to me. The best I saw was Rime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Can get a brand new unopened xbox one for 300euro..... should I? I want it for Destiny but Im not sure the investment is worth it right now. Kinda like the look of PS4 too but I like xbox live and there isnt really any PS4 exclusives that I am too bothered by except Last of us and the possibility of the Last Guardian.

Anyone got a quickfire tip on why one is better than the other.... and is this 1080p argument really all that big of a deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Go for whichever one has your friends and the games you want to play. Simple.

All this **** on 1080p doesn't matter at all if the game is **** or good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Can get a brand new unopened xbox one for 300euro..... should I? I want it for Destiny but Im not sure the investment is worth it right now. Kinda like the look of PS4 too but I like xbox live and there isnt really any PS4 exclusives that I am too bothered by except Last of us and the possibility of the Last Guardian.

Anyone got a quickfire tip on why one is better than the other.... and is this 1080p argument really all that big of a deal?
    €300 is a steal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It's an obvious one, but if you liked the Halo games, the Master Chief Collection this year looks to be a must own. Forza Horizon 2 if you're into driving games, and Platinum Games has The Legend of Korra out this year.

I'd say a PS4 is worth getting too, but right now it would be based on multiplats being better rather than any exclusives on the PS4. I'll be looking to next year hoping for better from an exclusive perspective.

Go for whichever one your friends are on. TLOU is an amazing game, and you should definitely try play it at some time though.

If you have to ask if 1080p is a big deal, then it isn't a big deal for you.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Good exclusive games instead of 'hey, that game you can get other places? Well, we have this feature you'll not get anywhere else' because that isn't wow to me. The best I saw was Rime.

There was lots of exciting exclusives IMO, although i do agree this whole timed exclusive content blah blah stuff bores me to tears. Worse still when companies showcase multi platform games as if they are exclusive, but that is the norm these days.

• Advertisement

I'd go as far as saying this pretty much confirms timed exclusivity.

"We're saying what we said on stage," said Spencer. "In Holiday 2015, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be exclusive to Xbox. That's the comment."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/473920/tomb-raider-exclusivity-a-win-win-says-xbox-boss/

"We're saying what we said on stage," said Spencer. "In Holiday 2015, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be exclusive to Xbox. That's the comment."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/473920/tomb-raider-exclusivity-a-win-win-says-xbox-boss/

Yeah they wouldn't be offering up the politician speak if it wasn't a timed exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It really doesn't.

Notice how Sony and Microsoft say console debut when mentioning something that is a timed exclusive.

Also if this was the case Crystal Dynamics would have been quick to say its coming out later on this and that.

It really doesn't.

Notice how Sony and Microsoft say console debut when mentioning something that is a timed exclusive.

Also if this was the case Crystal Dynamics would have been quick to say its coming out later on this and that.

Notice how they also don't dodge the question when asked to clarify. It'll be another DR3 and Ryse situation.

Crystal Dynamics are going to be under contract to not mention any other version until after holiday 2015 if it is in fact timed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah, the wording definitely suggests timed exclusive. Though like many others, I'm not too fussed about this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Notice how they also don't dodge the question when asked to clarify. It'll be another DR3 and Ryse situation.

Crystal Dynamics are going to be under contract to not mention any other version until after holiday 2015 if it is in fact timed.

I suppose, its good to hold onto hope in times of desperation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'd hate it if this is false advertising because if there is one thing I've learned from this thread, it's that false advertising is despicable.

I suppose, its good to hold onto hope in times of desperation :D

I don't need hope, as I said earlier, I didn't like the first one and wouldn't be getting this one. I just don't like the tactic MS used.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I don't need hope, as I said earlier, I didn't like the first one and wouldn't be getting this one. I just don't like the tactic MS used.

What tactic have ms used that Sony do not use or have never used?

What tactic have ms used that Sony do not use or have never used?

Paying developers to not release a third party multiplat game on other platforms?
    I don't know of any case of Sony doing it other than DLC (which I don't support either), but I don't support it if Sony do do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sony have Tactics Ogre, which MS doesn't have. Bad form, that.

Paying developers to not release a third party multiplat game on other platforms?
    I don't know of any case of Sony doing it other than DLC (which I don't support either), but I don't support it if Sony do do it.

But regardless it is the same thing dlc or a game so your point is invalid vs ms alone.

But regardless it is the same thing dlc or a game so your point is invalid vs ms alone.

I think there is a big difference between DLC and a game. Is some exclusive clothing, and a gun going to stop you from enjoying the game on Xbox One?

I think there is a big difference between DLC and a game. Is some exclusive clothing, and a gun going to stop you from enjoying the game on Xbox One?

It is still the same thing regardless. Like Sony paying bf creators for access to a beta and ms not getting to play same beta

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I thought it was a pretty decent show, they showed a lot of new stuff. Everything at MS's show was already announced.

Rime.
    Wild.
    Tearaway Unfolded.
    Bloodborne.
    LBP3.
    DayZ.

All interested me.

The only thing MS showed that I had an interest in was Quantum Break and that kind of disappointed me.

it was a poor show dancing around while MS were direct to the point most of the time

the only thing that sony announced that interested me was dayz.

everything else was average at best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Really want more info on WiLD... looks like it could be a sleeper hit if not at least something different. Bloodborne looks stunning, as does RIME. Not sold on Until Dawn, looks a bit ****ty...

dunworth1 wrote: »
    it was a poor show dancing around while MS were direct to the point most of the time

Pointing at a pile of **** and saying "That's ****" is direct and to the point as well. /s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

dunworth1 wrote: »

What did MS announce btw ? Besides Tomb Raider, which seems to be up in the air as to its exclusivity. I missed the first half of the show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Magill wrote: »
    Really want more info on WiLD... looks like it could be a sleeper hit if not at least something different. Bloodborne looks stunning, as does RIME. Not sold on Until Dawn, looks a bit ****ty...

Wild -> new IP from the great Michel Ancel -> excitement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Pointing at a pile of **** and saying "That's ****" is direct and to the point as well.

your crazy Sony defensive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement