Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

dunworth1 wrote: »
    your crazy Sony defensive

It was a joke, probably should have put the /s mark.
    I just don't think MS announced anything good, there was not a single new game announced at their conference. Sony must have shown 10 brand new games. I'd rather see 10 new smaller games than 10 multiplatform games that we've already seen lots of times.

That Fifa section at the start of MS's conference was terribly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Holy balls. That could be amazing. Not that annoyed about Tomb Raider 2, now. I love new things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

It was a joke, probably should have put the /s mark.
    I just don't think MS announced anything good, there was not a single new game announced at their conference. Sony must have shown 10 brand new games. I'd rather see 10 new smaller games than 10 multiplatform games that we've already seen lots of times.

That Fifa section at the start of MS's conference was terribly boring.

Screamride is brand new game

i agree that fifa section was boring as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

bloodborne and wild
    everything else didnt really suit my taste so pretty average showing coming from sony
    but then again they can't really be "Winning" every show as some people put it. They were bound to slow down abit eventually.

Nice show from MS, good few indie/ID@XBOX games coming out that I am very interested in, and this is coming from someone who does not even give indie games a 1st glance never mind a 2nd one :L scream ride also looks deadly :D Fifa was all bla bla bla.... waste of time if you ask me. QB looks good but I really want to see more, I am not sold on it yet, that time stopping stuff seems really OP

also the tomb raider exclusive, never played the first one so don't think I'd bother on this one, unless the first one happens to be free with ps+ or gwg. Never thought I'd see the day MS would buy a TR exclusive, just doesn't seem like them at all seen as its always been a PS game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    also the tomb raider exclusive, never played the first one so don't think I'd bother on this one, unless the first one happens to be free with ps+ or gwg. Never thought I'd see the day MS would buy a TR exclusive, just doesn't seem like them at all seen as its always been a PS game

It was already free on PS+ for PS3

tok9 wrote: »
    It was already free on PS+ for PS3

I don't own a ps3
    I meant for next gen the definition version or what ever its called:D

I don't own a ps3
    I meant for next gen the definition version or what ever its called:D

Ah fair enough.. I was tempted to buy that but they offered it on PS+ a few days after it came out on PS4.

That was one of the more unusual + offerings considering the timing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is "defensive" the new code for "fanboy" Mr moderator?
    Because I seem to be seeing it used in such a context 'round these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I played Fifa on a ps4 in smyths today and got to hold the Xbox one controller. (Xbox one wasn't on for some reason)

Ps4 controller felt a lot better than the ps3 one did but the Xbox one controller feels like a different animal altogether. Such a refined beautiful bit of hardware. They took what made the 360 pad great and made it better adding on a decent D pad to boot.

I'll still be buyin a ps4 but that's mainly due to remote play and my mates are goin for ps4's it seems. Otherwise I'd be tempted by the xbox one on the pad alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's a great pad. Feels better than the DS4, for me, but that's certainly nothing to do with the stick layout, no matter what the facts are.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice little post from Playstationer.net

A little humour before bedtime! In 2008, Microsoft announced in a press release that the first console to reach 10 million sales wins the generation battle. Guess who announced today that they've sold 10 million consoles...

sheehy83 wrote: »

A little humour before bedtime! In 2008, Microsoft announced in a press release that the first console to reach 10 million sales wins the generation battle. Guess who announced today that they've sold 10 million consoles...

Atari

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

All it took was marketing suicide from Ms to help them achieve it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Atari

Im sure atari won back in the day :) Microsoft said for each generation, 1st to 10 mil sales wins the console war, they announced this when 360 made the 10 Mill sales in 2008.

They should have taken a leaf out of Nintendo's book.....

....Oh wait

Im sure atari won back in the day :) Microsoft said for each generation, 1st to 10 mil sales wins the console war, they announced this when 360 made the 10 Mill sales in 2008.

But if you look at it that way, sony came back and won( if you call it "winning" )
    soo.... :pac: doesn't really matter what was said back then.
    I am sure in 10 years time when the next gen is out we will all be quoting ****e from this gen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

They should have taken a leaf out of Nintendo's book.....

....Oh wait
    what do nintendo have to do with it?

what do nintendo have to do with it?

You said it took marketing suicide on ms part to help sony achieve it's number.

I was jokingly pointing out that ms should have taken a leaf out of Nintendo's marketing book which has been poor to say the least this gen with the wii u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

But if you look at it that way, sony came back and won( if you call it "winning" )
    soo.... :pac: doesn't really matter what was said back then.
    I am sure in 10 years time when the next gen is out we will all be quoting ****e from this gen :pac:

Both Consoles cant be first to 10m?

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Both Consoles cant be first to 10m?

slow and steady wins the race, if its a race at all :pac:

You said it took marketing suicide on ms part to help sony achieve it's number.

I was jokingly pointing out that ms should have taken a leaf out of Nintendo's marketing book which has been poor to say the least this gen with the wii u.

theirs no room for jokes on this thread
    everyone takes things way too serious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Not just marketing suicide but policy suicide,albeit most of those policies have been reversed now. There original vision for the console is not what there vision today is,thankfully

Sony had to do an awful lot last gen to claw back gamer numbers,will require the same effort to claw gamers back this gen for MS. Its an awfully big gap to close though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well it turns out that P.T is going to be a new Silent Hill with Hideo Kojima And Guillermo del Toro teaming up for it, the interactive trailer that is up on the PS Store gave the details, if this ends up being a PS4 exclusive you can have Tomb Raider.

I kind of wish you spoilered that :p

Downloaded it earlier but didn't get around to playing it.

Okay. PT looks too real. I'm freaking out just watching it haha.

Full playthrough for anyone interested.

At least, I think its a full playthrough. I'm too scared to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Oh snap.

Xbox One is the lead platform for The Division :cool:

Early access to content, the usual timed gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Okay. PT looks too real. I'm freaking out just watching it haha.

Full playthrough for anyone interested.

At least, I think its a full playthrough. I'm too scared to watch it.
    *vid*

Jaysus that is scary. I would **** my pants with a headset on. It looks so real.

Jaysus that is scary. I would **** my pants with a headset on. It looks so real.

Hahah I'm wearing a headset too. It's ****ing terrifying. I'm only four minutes in and I've paused it 3 times. So much Nope.

EDIT: Nah I can't do it hahah. I give up. I'm beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Oh snap.

Xbox One is the lead platform for The Division :cool:

Early access to content, the usual timed gig.

Care to add a link to the story?

Looking forward to The Division,hopefully it can fulfill its potential.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement