Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Unless you can tell me exactly how much money Microsoft has invested in first party studios compared to what Sony have invested there is nothing that lends weight to your points.

The fact is you don't know how much as been invested. Neither do I but I do know that Microsoft owns more first party game studios compared to Sony :D
    It works equally as well in reverse with your own claims.

Purely going by output over the years, it's pretty clear.

And it's only a few days ago somebody broke down the first party studios they have and they were largely kinect and casual based when you made that point. Hardly count do they?

Even then Sony had as many as they did too. Sure naughty dog and guerrilla games have two groups in the one studio making different games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Timmyctc wrote: »
    The issue isnt that its an exclusive game though. Its that its a sequel to a game that came out multiplat last year. Was intended to be multiplat next year but MS spunked money on it only coming to them. Its not the same as a new IP going out exclusively or even if the entire reboot had been made exlcusive.

Sony have always done this as well as ninty to a lesser extent whats the difference that MS is doing it?

Its scummy but its not just MS at it

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

That's a load of 1 sided bitter rubbish :D

Any credible sources?
    The ****ing irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Unless you can tell me exactly how much money Microsoft has invested in first party studios compared to what Sony have invested there is nothing that lends weight to your points.

The fact is you don't know how much as been invested. Neither do I but I do know that Microsoft owns more first party game studios compared to Sony :D

Owning more doesn't mean anything when you do fck all with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

What does Sony have to do with this?

MS have spent an amount of money securing exclusivity for a game they were getting anyway. That money could have been used to develop or add to one of their own first party projects. Sony has nothing to do with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

In fairness, posting Neogaf links to back up your claim is pretty much akin to a scientist quoting wikipedia in a paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

NTMK wrote: »
    Sony have always done this as well as ninty to a lesser extent whats the difference that MS is doing it?

Its scummy but its not just MS at it

When did they do this? I'm genuinely asking btw. Because if it did happen, no one here is defending it. But what is relevant is what is happening right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It works equally as well in reverse with your own claims.

Purely going by output over the years, it's pretty clear.

And it's only a few days ago somebody broke down the first party studios they have and they were largely kinect and casual based when you made that point. Hardly count do they?

Even then Sony had as many as they did too. Sure naughty dog and guerrilla games have two groups in the one studio making different games.

The past is just that the past. You can't reference the 360 as evidence of what is going on today at Xbox with the Xbox One. Has we have seen Microsoft are hungry to get back to the top and will do anything to achieve it. Fair play to them. Sweeping a major game from under Sony's feet was a serious statement that Sony heard load and clear.

The past is just that the past. You can't reference the 360 as evidence of what is going on today at Xbox with the Xbox One. Has we have seen Microsoft are hungry to get back to the top and will do anything to achieve it. Fair play to them. Sweeping a major game from under Sony's feet was a serious statement that Sony heard load and clear.

Yes. I'm sure Sony's 1st party studios are trembling.

In fairness, posting Neogaf links to back up your claim is pretty much akin to a scientist quoting wikipedia in a paper.

Wikipedia is generally believed to be more reliable than Encyclopedia Britannica is it not.

• Advertisement

You can see what they've done, or haven't done, through their output.

You don't need scientific sources to note observations in what's in front of you.

I'm doing science, I should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What did MS announce this week other than some crappy rollercoaster game?
    Seems like their many many 1st party studios are at nothing!

NTMK wrote: »

Do you have any examples of this from Sony or Nintendo in recent years?

Otacon wrote: »
    What does Sony have to do with this?

MS have spent an amount of money securing exclusivity for a game they were getting anyway. That money could have been used to develop or add to one of their own first party projects. Sony has nothing to do with that.

When someone states that Microsoft isn't investing as much as Sony in first party studios I think it adds weight to show the figures to prove this.

With the money being plentiful at Microsoft they can do both. Exclusive games are good for console sales. Simples.

When someone states that Microsoft isn't investing as much as Sony in first party studios I think it adds weight to show the figures to prove this.

With the money being plentiful at Microsoft they can do both. Exclusive games are good for console sales. Simples.

Well it would be even more damning if they were investing =Sony or >Sony given they have eff all First Party games.

Owning more doesn't mean anything when you do fck all with them.

I assume you can back up your point that they are doing nothing with them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

None of us are MS's accountants. We don't know their figures. What we do know is their first party game count.. Which is not good.

EjkV2Ef.png

nbZi7AO.png

Pretty illustrative to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

The past is just that the past. You can't reference the 360 as evidence of what is going on today at Xbox with the Xbox One. .

Course you can't.The 360 was really successful while the X1 is a train wreck
    Sweeping a major game from under Sony's feet was a serious statement that Sony heard load and clear

I don't think Tomb Raider has been a major franchise for a long,long time. The last one was okay but lets not lose track of our selves.It's a mediocre franchise that isn't exactly winning any awards nor is it breaking any new ground. Any one that can get excited about this being an exclusive is just delusional or at worst grasping at straws.

I was trying to make up my mind about which console to get and up until the last few days,I was really swayed towards the Xbox, but reading some of the carry on in this thread has just reminded me of all the **** MS have pulled over the last few months.On top of that the only game I would have probably bought the X1 for would have been the Halo collection.If a consoles only main selling point to me is old games, there really isn't much of a reason for me to buy it. Sony seem to have some great new exciting and possibly innovative games coming out that live up to my expectations of what the next Gen should be, so I think I'll be going with the PS4.So cheers guys for helping me make my mind up and cheers Failsafe for playing a big part in that.Sony should hire you as a PR officer for them.

I assume you can back up your point that they are doing nothing with them :D

I'm fully convinced that your account is manned by 3-4 10 year olds.

They aren't doing anything with them because if they were you'd be on here going OTT about how these amazing 1st party titles are coming out. But you aren't. And tbh you'd celebrate just about anything MS related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

Otacon wrote: »
    The problem is the move is anti-consumer and I am a consumer - hence the criticism.

You have used the word anti-consumer a few times already. How exactly is it anti consumer given the definition of the word in the first place??

For example - www. gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64691510 would be considered anti consumer, not what MS have done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I think once you remove the Sony/MS tinted glasses, you gotta agree with the anti-consumer argument, and as consumers, you shouldn't be happy about it. Any company who actively pays money to prevent a portion of consumers accessing a product is anti-consumer, simple as.

As mentioned before, MS shouldn't hold all the blame, CD/SE should shoulder some of it too, and I do understand why they all agreed to the deal, but as a potential Xbox One owner, I'd be hoping MS make the nextGOTY game such as The Last of Us rather than wasting money on this stuff. I think sheehy mentioned it before, but this is the same company who spent $50m for timed exclusive GTA 4 DLC, I mean what a waste of money, that would fund a entire new game.

I guess I'm disappointed that MS are not improving their first party support, especially since they have made great strides in recent months. They seem to just play it safe once they find (and in most cases, purchase) a hit. When was the last time they let one of their best first party devs just make a new IP? This is where Sony excel in my opinion, they give their studios much more freedom which is what these devs want, it is a creative industry at the end of the day.

Magill wrote: »
    I honestly think this will do more harm than good to all involved, MS are making people dislike them even more as a company, CD being classed as sellouts and in general its just leaving a bad taste in peoples mouth.... all the while... its tomb raider and lets be real, its not a system seller... especially considering it will be competing with Uncharted 4 come release and its extremely likely it will get extremely overshadowed.

Again I think the only people that dislike MS more as a company by this action on thread and on other sites seems to be PS4 users, your opinion is that it's leaving a bad taste in everyones mouths.

But in fact it isn't by any stretch of the imagination

Course you can't.The 360 was really successful while the X1 is a train wreck

I don't think Tomb Raider has been a major franchise for a long,long time. The last one was okay but lets not lose track of our selves.It's a mediocre franchise that isn't exactly winning any awards nor is it breaking any new ground. Any one that can get excited about this being an exclusive is just delusional or at worst grasping at straws.

Oh it's a major franchise. The last game sold almost 7 million copies.
    was trying to make up my mind about which console to get and up until the last few days,I was really swayed towards the Xbox, but reading some of the carry on in this thread has just reminded me of all the **** MS have pulled over the last few months.On top of that the only game I would have probably bought the X1 for would have been the Halo collection.If a consoles only main selling point to me is old games, there really isn't much of a reason for me to buy it. Sony seem to have some great new exciting and possibly innovative games coming out that live up to my expectations of what the next Gen should be, so I think I'll be going with the PS4.So cheers guys for helping me make my mind up and cheers Failsafe for playing a big part in that.Sony should hire you as a PR officer for them.

Delighted to help :pac:
    Enjoy your PS4.

Oh it's a major franchise. The last game sold almost 7 million copies.

about 3/4 of which were on Ps and Pc ;)

[/B]

I don't get why you're celebrating this (if its true) Quality over quantity surely?

It really wouldn't. That people would be lauding Sony as genius for buying off a franchise for a sequel is idle speculation on your end and no more.

Calling this like it is to be honest. It seems that users here that are preferentional to MS cannot win.

First off MS should invest in more first party studios, then when it's pointed out that they in fact invest in more first party studios than Sony it becomes a matter of quality over quantity.

Talk about ever moving goalposts

ems_medic wrote: »
    Again I think the only people that dislike MS more as a company by this action on thread and on other sites seems to be PS4 users, your opinion is that it's leaving a bad taste in everyones mouths.

But in fact it isn't by any stretch of the imagination

You've literally been arguing this point with lots of PC users for the past day you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

And just as I post, it's seems like it's confirmed that it's only a timed exclusive. What a waste of money, invest in your first party devs!!

ems_medic wrote: »
    Calling this like it is to be honest. It seems that users here that are preferentional to MS cannot win.

First off MS should invest in more first party studios, then when it's pointed out that they in fact invest in more first party studios than Sony it becomes a matter of quality over quantity.

Talk about ever moving goalposts

There was no fact pointed out Failsafe idly speculated that they invest in more. Which was basically disproved by the above post from Neogaf. Also. What was that GameFaqs link you posted. It made no sense and didn't further any arguement whatsoever.

• Advertisement

I'm fully convinced that your account is manned by 3-4 10 year olds.

They aren't doing anything with them because if they were you'd be on here going OTT about how these amazing 1st party titles are coming out. But you aren't. And tbh you'd celebrate just about anything MS related

Still waiting for your proof. Insults do not make your points valid here I am afraid. Try again :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement