Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Xenji wrote: »
    And what games would they be, seeing that they have no exclusives coming out with a release date for next year as it stands? Neither console will be in great shapes game wise for another 12 months as it stands, but at least Sony have been more open about upcoming games.

I keep forgetting that every PS4 owner also has a decent PC to play Titanfall on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I keep forgetting that every PS4 owner also has a decent PC to play Titanfall on.

I really hope titanfall lives up to all this expectation and im sure it will, if EA are involved what could go wrong :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have to say, my burning to get an Xbox One has dyed down since it's release. I'll get one eventually I'm sure, but not off the back of Titanfall alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Is one game really worth having a sub par console/service?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

So your saying in the xbox ones life time there will be only one good exclusive game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Hopefully Quantum Break is good. I don't really care about Titanfall to be honest. Online only game? No thanks. I'm sure people who get it will love it, and it'll get greatly reviewed, but it isn't going to be a factor in my purchasing of a One.

What a stupid question.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It seems to be quite common these days for there to be a campaign of hate against relatively random things.
    I can think of several films, games and now consoles that have been the unfair victim of this behaviour.
    In this instance MS made a fundamental error in the nature of the relationship between console, software and the user/buyer.
    They copped on, watching the clever exploitation of the mistake by Sony and the massive backlash by the press and bloggers.
    They more than corrected their mistake but the blood was in the water and since then we've had to suffer people who assume the ability to see the future informing us ignorant masses of their wisdom in knowing definitively that the Xbox One is doomed, a terrible piece of hardware with sub standard games and to all ignore it and buy the PS4 instead.

What a load of cobblers.

The hope seems to be by affecting opinion in places like this, using weak and often anecdotal information, to spread a wave of uncertainty about the Xbox One and it's future.
    The reasons would seem not to be in the spirit of some altruism but rather to feel superior and, if all goes right, to be able to brag how right they were and why we should worship their opinion in all future matters.

Numptys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

^^^^^ agreed the xbox 1 and ps4 are identical, i know i know power of ps4 ms cloud etc etc but as with last gen games will look (to me) identical
    Tbf i think alot of the "fanboy" comments are more banter having the craic than anything else, and some of what is written on these threads is fishing for a bite and nothing more
    I have a ps4 love it and think its great.... will i get an xbox possibly in the future if the price is right

It all comes down to exclusives, it's that simple really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

A WiiU it is so

GTR63 wrote: »
    A WiiU it is so

Would love one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

GTR63 wrote: »
    A WiiU it is so

Great to buy now but it was a miserable year after launch, tbh.
    It'll be interesting to see how their sales stack up over the holidays, as our American cousins say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They more than corrected their mistake but the blood was in the water and since then we've had to suffer people who assume the ability to see the future informing us ignorant masses of their wisdom in knowing definitively that the Xbox One is doomed, a terrible piece of hardware with sub standard games and to all ignore it and buy the PS4 instead.

They have corrected their mistake, but they showed their hand and that's enough for people to not trust them. I hate bringing it back up, but Xbox One was "designed" to be an always-on console, and suddenly now it's not. People have every right to be wary about MS and their ability to bring this "feature" back at some point in the console's lifespan. Likewise, there is nothing stopping Sony from introducing such "features" either, but from a public perception, they never had nor will have any intentions in doing so.

However, like most people, it's the games that matter to me. Both consoles have a weak line-up for the next year as far as I am concerned. The one exclusive I'm looking forward to is inFamous and I do like the look of TitanFall. I'll definitely pick up an Xbox One at one point, but I opted for the PS4 first due to Sony's history of having the best exclusives in my opinion, and MS have done nothing to convince me that is going to change this round.

As for the WiiU, think it's good but boy the long loading times between menu's gets old fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Greyfox

They copped on, watching the clever exploitation of the mistake by Sony and the massive backlash by the press and bloggers.
    They more than corrected their mistake but the blood was in the water..
    It doesn’t mean we all automatically have to forgive Microsoft for it though, I think the massive backlash was fully deserved and some of us aren’t willing to forgive them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It seems to be quite common these days for there to be a campaign of hate against relatively random things.
    I can think of several films, games and now consoles that have been the unfair victim of this behaviour.
    In this instance MS made a fundamental error in the nature of the relationship between console, software and the user/buyer.

What a load of cobblers.

The hope seems to be by affecting opinion in places like this, using weak and often anecdotal information, to spread a wave of uncertainty about the Xbox One and it's future.
    The reasons would seem not to be in the spirit of some altruism but rather to feel superior and, if all goes right, to be able to brag how right they were and why we should worship their opinion in all future matters.

Numptys.

Comments like this at this stage are:

dead-horse.gif

Honestly, the idea of trust on this matter is not appropriate.
    Given that these are companies who are in the business to make money, they all will do pretty much anything to be the one you spend money on.
    Sony, MS, Nintendo, Apple, the lot of them.
    They try to gain your brand loyalty by providing a service you enjoy and feel you get value for.
    MS misread the direction people saw for the future of gaming, but corrected same when it was apparent this wasn't something the people wanted.
    Don't be fooled into believing Sony wouldn't have done the same if the chace arose.
    As far as I recall they have similar functionality built into their own hardware/software relationship, they just choose not to implement.

The future for both machines is assured.
    It really is down, I feel, to the little differences.
    And given the massive change in my experience on both the PS3 and 360 from launch to now, I don't expect the current gen to be any different, as they evolve.
    But, unless you happen to have an inside line on either Sony or MS and their future plans for their hardware and firmware, we are not in a position to speculate so, for pities sake, stop informing us of the assured destruction of either machine.
    You're talking out of a body part normally reserved for elimination!

All the above is my opinion and could be wrong.
    Though, if I'm right I'd like to assure you it was on purpose, probably....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I think the PS3 was the superior platform for exclusives last gen, so not sure if that rule holds. I think other factors also have an affect; price, date of release, what your friends have, online component (how man people bought an xbox as their fifa/cod machine!) etc. I don't agree that whom has the exclusive, wins.

Honestly, the idea of trust on this matter is not appropriate.

I'm afraid it always is, when acting a consumer. When it comes to big companies, trust is really there until it's inevitably broken, but choosing between products, people generally think of reputation and the company's track record with their goods, or services, so as soon as that money is handed over, that's a show of some sort of trust, even of it's always a little bit of a gamble.

Some people won't get a PS4 after the PSN hack debacle and others won't go near an XBOX ONE after getting an RROD with the 360 more than once. Maybe people will avoid either over possible broken promises.

Even if others think that is overreacting, people can still be proven right sometimes based on their instinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hawkeye1 wrote: »
    Forza 5 and Titanfall for starters!

Forza is already out and Titanfall will be out on the PC, so it is not an exclusive, so what other games then have a solid release date for next year that are exclusives?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Forza is already out and Titanfall will be out on the PC, so it is not an exclusive, so what other games then have a solid release date for next year that are exclusives?

It will also be out on the 360 should you really want it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

Honestly do you not get bored of mentioning Titanfall in nearly every post in this thread....:rolleyes:

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm afraid it always is, when acting a consumer. When it comes to big companies, trust is really there until it's inevitably broken, but choosing between products, people generally think of reputation and the company's track record with their goods, or services, so as soon as that money is handed over, that's a show of some sort of trust, even of it's always a little bit of a gamble.

Some people won't get a PS4 after the PSN hack debacle and others won't go near an XBOX ONE after getting an RROD with the 360 more than once. Maybe people will avoid either over possible broken promises.

Even if others think that is overreacting, people can still be proven right sometimes based on their instinct.

I'm sorry, but it's really got nothing to do with trust.
    When you sign up to the likes of PSN or XBLA you also sign a contract, one seldom read and quickly scrolled through but one neverthess.
    There's lots about the users responsibilities around piracy and so on but there is also a responsibility there for the service supplier to offer the service they promise to provide.

Once again there companies are all about the money.
    This guides the provision of a good quality service meaning it is in their interests to give the consumer what they want.
    And, how quickly is it that people have forgotten the excellent service as provided by MS and the , up until recently, pitiful service from Sony.

But I'm not an apologist for MS, not a Sony hater.
    I find no good reason to spend an extra €100 on a Xbox One, especially when that includes the Kinect 2, whose forbear was the most pointless peripheral I have ever bought, and I'm including the useless Jogcon here!
    So, if I was so inclined, I'd buy the PS4 first, if buying now.
    The summer release schedule may alter that though, I'll wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Hawkeye1 wrote: »
    So your saying in the xbox ones life time there will be only one good exclusive game?
    What a stupid question.

I'm not saying one of the consoles is sub par, I'm asking would one brilliant exclusive game be enough to make ye make a decision of which console to choose, I wasn't saying that the Xbone was inferior, nor was I making any judgements on how good Titanfall is.

Numpties.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

I'm not saying one of the consoles is sub par, I'm asking would one brilliant exclusive game be enough to make ye make a decision of which console to choose, I wasn't saying that the Xbone was inferior, nor was I making any judgements on how good Titanfall is.

Numpties.

Oh stop hurting my feelings lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Lol, does this is actually work... would be pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Personally, I'm not interested in the solid release date part. Awareness of games that'll be coming out is enough for me. For instance, with the PS4, it is sufficient to know there will be Tales games, without knowing when a Tales game will be released.

There'll be Fable Legends and Sunset Overdrive in 2014. Maybe Quantum Break too. Quantum Break could be good. Neither of the other two (or Titanfall) are on my radar, tbh.

I'm looking forward to E3. MS and Sony really have to start to impress in my book.

Infamous Second Son can't come fast enough. The last two were so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What we NEED is a new Fallout for both consoles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Magill wrote: »
    Lol, does this is actually work... would be pretty funny.

Nope because after you say Xbox Off, there's a confirmation message where you have to say Yes, Turn Off or whatever. Then, that's only if the person was using tv speakers and had it up loud enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement