Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

DaLad wrote: »
    Nope because after you say Xbox Off, there's a confirmation message where you have to say Yes, Turn Off or whatever. Then, that's only if the person was using tv speakers and had it up loud enough.

lol, but you could still control their xbox ? Like you could tell it to "Play Call of duty" or whatever ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Magill wrote: »
    lol, but you could still control their xbox ? Like you could tell it to "Play Call of duty" or whatever ?

Yup...Kinect is the most stupid thing ever....imo, it'll be collecting dust in the drawer in a year and game developers wont put money and time into it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Would Microsoft not go to a good developer, say here is a load of money, please make the Kinect look like it's worth plugging in?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grayditch wrote: »
    Would Microsoft not go to a good developer, say here is a load of money, please make the Kinect look like it's worth plugging in?

They need a miracle not a good developer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Nazzu wrote: »
    Honestly do you not get bored of mentioning Titanfall in nearly every post in this thread....:rolleyes:

titan1.gif

titan4.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I want Halo 5 and Uncharted 4, which console to buy? Both!

If it's cheaper to buy a PC that will make Titanfall look and play better than the Xbox One version, MS need to start pumping some more cash into some more good exclusives!

Grayditch wrote: »
    If it's cheaper to buy a PC that will make Titanfall look and play better than the Xbox One version, MS need to start pumping some more cash into exclusives!

PCs need to be constantly upgraded. You need a monitor, a decent keyboard & mouse, windows 7/8, a desk & chair, speakers or decent headphones, and an SSD drive but that's my own preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

PCs need to be constantly upgraded. You need a monitor, a decent keyboard & mouse, windows 7/8, a desk & chair, speakers or decent headphones, and an SSD drive but that's my own preference.

43926345.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Is it possible that halo will ever be released on playstation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Is it possible that halo will ever be released on playstation?

No..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Only if Bungie were still making Halo then yes but it's in 343's hands now, so no.

Halo 4 was cool. That company made it were obviously fans. It felt good to have a good Halo after feeling a little let down after 3.

I really hope Bungie's Destiny is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Only if Bungie were still making Halo then yes but it's in 343's hands now, so no.

Can't be the only one that thinks Destiny looks unmistakenly similar to Halo; a lot more than a studio leaving a franchise and creating another should look like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Even if I want to buy Titanfall for my 360 that means I have to pay another 50 euro just to play the game if it's online only.

I really hate MS, think it stems down to them being the first the charge for online as was a big quake 2 head before everyone started playing FPS's on consoles.

Although a ping of 180 was considered decent back then, fun times. This place was just a quake form

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Found Halo 4 to be disappointing especially with how great Reach was. The levels were tiny compared to the vast open areas of other Halo games.

Microsoft own the IP for Halo so other than MS going bust and becoming a third party ala Sega don't expect Halo on a Sony any time soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

RasTa wrote: »
    Even if I want to buy Titanfall for my 360 that means I have to pay another 50 euro just to play the game if it's online only.

I really hate MS, think it stems down to them being first the charge for online as was a big quake 2 head before everyone started playing FPS's on consoles.

Although a ping of 180 was considered decent back then, fun times. This place was just a quake form

I think you have to pay to play online with the PS4 now as well

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think you have to pay to play online with the PS4 now as well

No ****, they would be idiots if they didn't. Another thing to thank MS for who introduced it back in November 2002. Just took Sony 11 years to implement the same.

Also weird point to highlight out of my statement but nothing new there. They should be offering online play for free to 360 users with the release of their new console

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

They should be offering online play for free to 360 users with the release of their new console
    You know they want people to buy the new console right? They don't want people sticking to the 360 for years to come. That'd be a really dumb move to get people to buy in to the next gen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Pushtrak wrote: »
    You know they want people to buy the new console right? They don't want people sticking to the 360 for years to come. That'd be a really dumb move to get people to buy in to the next gen.

Then they should double the price of online play on the 360... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

titan1.gif

titan4.gif

Am I supposed to be impressed by that :confused: I have a Xbox One but not everyone likes FPS games, people who just play them are actually a plague on the gaming industry as it stands now, plus people who just play FPS games and Fifa are not real gamers, more like the uneducated self absorbent leeches of the gaming world....Titanfall will not be the be all and end all for everyone, it is not like it is even original, just a mash up between CoD and MechWarrior.

You are a total fanboy when it comes to this and have nothing constructive to say in your defence when anything is put to you, besides Titanfall, Titanfall and well Titanfall, really grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Titanfall better be the best game of all time the way some people are going on about it. TBH, from the gameplay videos I have zero interest in it. Graphics look good, but gameplay looks like something from Dr Quirkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

lol, thats the most pathetic list i've ever seen !

"Looking at Watch Dogs on the back of the PS4 box and feeling a hole in your open-world-loving heart" and "Forgetting which touch button turns the system on and off"

LOL, they must have really struggled after 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

"Looking at Watch Dogs on the back of the PS4 box and feeling a hole in your open-world-loving heart" and "Forgetting which touch button turns the system on and off"

Just click bait.

"The fact that controllers don't come with charging cables" rather than not coming with any charge like the ONE.

"Being a hardcore racing fan and weeping while all your Xbox One friends talk about Forza Motorsport 5", none of the talk is good; **** u M$ I hate micro transactions.

Not "Buying a PlayStation Camera, then realizing you probably won't be using it for months" at which point you're glad you save the money.

The only legitimate complaints there are the delayed feature\game, the front USB port, and the hitting the touch pad when you wanted options.

Nazzu wrote: »
    Am I supposed to be impressed by that :confused: I have a Xbox One but not everyone likes FPS games, people who just play them are actually a plague on the gaming industry as it stands now, plus people who just play FPS games and Fifa are not real gamers, more like the uneducated self absorbent leeches of the gaming world....Titanfall will not be the be all and end all for everyone, it is not like it is even original, just a mash up between CoD and MechWarrior.

You are a total fanboy when it comes to this and have nothing constructive to say in your defence when anything is put to you, besides Titanfall, Titanfall and well Titanfall, really grow up.

They are no different than people who only play WOW or Minecraft. Not everyone who plays COD or FIFA are scumbags.

As for me being a fanboy anyone with more than 2 brain cells can see I'm only winding up PS4 owners, who could easily just post the Naughty Dog logo to shut me up. If you think I'm a Microsoft fanboy you couldn't be more wrong. I strongly argued on Boards against the 360 being one of the best consoles of all time due to the RROD fiasco. I own an X1, PS Vita, 3DS XL, GBA SP 101 & 100, Sega Dreamcast and a pretty decent PC.

I have a soft spot for the X1 because of all the ridiculous hate for it. I find it hilarious that people don't realise that Sony were going to do the exact same thing as Microsoft but were cunning enough to do a complete 180 once Microsoft got destroyed for it.

Anyway it's Xmas morning and I honestly hope everyone is enjoying their new console whether it's an X1, PS4, 3DS, Vita or WiiU.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Varik wrote: »
    Just click bait.

"The fact that controllers don't come with charging cables" rather than not coming with any charge like the ONE.

"Being a hardcore racing fan and weeping while all your Xbox One friends talk about Forza Motorsport 5", none of the talk is good; **** u M$ I hate micro transactions.

Not "Buying a PlayStation Camera, then realizing you probably won't be using it for months" at which point you're glad you save the money.

The only legitimate complaints there are the delayed feature\game, the front USB port, and the hitting the touch pad when you wanted options.

Lol it's a joke so stop getting your knickers in a twist :P

If you post something, expect people to tell you how they feel about it.

Also weird point to highlight out of my statement but nothing new there.

Honestly,
    Happy Christmas,
    Wasn't trying to be smart/smug or any of the other things I've been accused of.

Just saying that Sony are charging for online play is all.
    By all accounts the online experience with Sony has improved with the arrival of PSN+ and the PS4 experience is supposed to be better again.
    Also, a colleague is raving about his new PS4, which is great.

I can't bring myself to hate any manufacturer or developer.
    With the slight exception of 3DO, post console, who inflicted the Army Men games on us :(

Once again, I hope Santy brought everyone, on all sides of the debate, the console you hoped for, and you're not standing in front of a PS4 with the copy of Forza 5 you preordered, or a Xbox One with a copy of Killzone, thanks to a typical parental confusion about the fact that consoles are actually not like videocassette recorders and run everything (unless they bought a Betamax as well, in which case bad luck you!)

• Advertisement

Playing the little brothers xbox one this morning.

First thoughts are the voice stuff is pointless and head-wrecking. He doesn't have UPC or SKY in his gaming room so pretty pointless. Haven't found any other real use for it.

Dead Rising 3 is horrible looking, really really bad.

However that is in comparison to the beautiful Forza, lovely sound from it too. If they release more games to this standard then I would definitely get one, does a 360 steering wheel work with it yet?

Also what's the point of the camera, anything I can do with it? Also why do videos look so bad when playing back?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement