Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

They have reduced their forecast in sales for the 3DS too.

If Nintendo wants to start making the real money that's out there atm it needs to release some of their 1st party titles. Maybe some service similar to PS Now

If Knack can outsell SM3DW in it's first month you know something is wrong.

I'm also not sure how 2.8 wii-u sales has led to a 350m loss for the year. It can't be that much of a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

jbdub wrote: »
    Well for one the 360 works great with all type of games. Sports games and shooters on the PS3 never played as well because of the controller. It was only really good for games like God of War.

I categorically disagree. As I have said, I actually preferred playing shooters on the PS3 in spite of their rubbish trigger buttons because of the problems I experienced with the 360 controllers. I think you're letting your own personal bias cloud your judgement as I can see no correlation between the triggers and sports games.
    jbdub wrote:
    All my mates were 360 owners bar one and we never had probs with the controllers so I've never really experienced those issues.

Same here, did you play at high sensitivities? Because that's when I noticed the problems. Also the bumper buttons tended to go after a while.
    jbdub wrote:
    You're right price will always be a factor but I really don't think for proper gamers it dictates which consoles they buy. For example I bought xbox when it was cheaper than PS last time and now i've bought xbox again but its far more expensive.

Ok. Some people bought a PS3 on launch when it was more expensive too, and some of those same people are probably going to buy a PS4 which is cheaper this time. Overall though, the cheaper consoles tend to be more popular.
    My problem with the XB1 is that I'm not really getting anything extra I want for my extra ~€100.
    jbdub wrote:
    To be fair I think a lot of the controller debate is down to the type of games you predominantly will play

Possibly, I think it's more down to personal preference. I play most genres.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jbdub

Ok. Some people bought a PS3 on launch when it was more expensive too, and some of those same people are probably going to buy a PS4 which is cheaper this time. Overall though, the cheaper consoles tend to be more popular.
    My problem with the XB1 is that I'm not really getting anything extra I want for my extra ~€100.

Well I can't argue with that, particularly in Ireland. I'd consider myself a proper gamer and I really hate what they've been trying to turn the Xbox into, the writing was on the wall after that first big 360 update that made the avatars and interface all Wii like. In fact the only reason I bought the X1 is a mate of mine got a really good discount for me so got it for 300.
    I know I would have bought it eventually though as the games and controller are what I prefer. Even on the PC when i'm playing Dues Ex or Witcher i'll use the Xbox controller, it just is so good with certain games.
    I really like the PS4 machine and totally understand why it's outselling X1 and in fact i'm glad. I'm hoping it makes Microsoft realise what gamers want, less marketing people involved and a system built with gaming as its main purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Well I can't argue with that, particularly in Ireland. I'd consider myself a proper gamer and I really hate what they've been trying to turn the Xbox into, the writing was on the wall after that first big 360 update that made the avatars and interface all Wii like. In fact the only reason I bought the X1 is a mate of mine got a really good discount for me so got it for 300.
    I know I would have bought it eventually though as the games and controller are what I prefer. Even on the PC when i'm playing Dues Ex or Witcher i'll use the Xbox controller, it just is so good with certain games.
    I really like the PS4 machine and totally understand why it's outselling X1 and in fact i'm glad. I'm hoping it makes Microsoft realise what gamers want, less marketing people involved and a system built with gaming as its main purpose.

A few points..
    Well I can't argue with that, particularly in Ireland. I'd consider myself a proper gamer

What is a *proper gamer* exactly?
    I really hate what they've been trying to turn the Xbox into, the writing was on the wall after that first big 360 update that made the avatars and interface all Wii like.

The first dashboard update only really changed the layout.. Most people preferred it actually. Also I don't see how comparing it to the Wii is a bad thing.

I never knew you spoke for the gaming community?. If i'm honest i like a lot of the X1's streaming and Tv functions. It just that it is useless in Ireland. If you lived in the US you'd see how decent it actually is.

Doesn't matter what console you have, You should want the X1,PS4 and Wii U to do well. Having more competition is always a good thing.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    A few points..

What is a *proper gamer* exactly?

I'm sure you can find a thread where that will be explained to you.

The first dashboard update only really changed the layout.. Most people preferred it actually. Also I don't see how comparing it to the Wii is a bad thing.

It became more infintile and was done purely as a knee jerk reaction to the success of the Wii. If things like the Wii and Teletubbies is your thing i'm sure you'd love it......
    I never knew you spoke for the gaming community?. If i'm honest i like a lot of the X1's streaming and Tv functions. It just that it is useless in Ireland. If you lived in the US you'd see how decent it actually is.

Well now you know. Also it takes console processing power to run those types of funtions and anyone with a semi modern TV already has them as standard. You can't even use it as a media centre anymore. I really don't think you've looked into this at all.
    Doesn't matter what console you have, You should want the X1,PS4 and Wii U to do well. Having more competition is always a good thing.

Very true but I'm not giving a company a pat on the back for a device that does things I don't want it to do and is charging me hell of a lot more to do it.

• Advertisement

I too would like to know what a proper gamer is.

Does it require someone who makes and design's their own games?

RasTa wrote: »
    I too would like to know what a proper gamer is.

Does it require someone who makes and design's their own games?

No weirdly enough they're called game designers....

Ok, well you've being asked twice and still haven't explained what it is.

Please do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

This morning it was revealed that the Xbox One was December 2013's best-selling home console in North America.
    Fair play.

Xbox One FTW :D

http://www.oxm.co.uk/69631/microsoft-both-ps4-and-xbox-one-will-sell-a-ton-online-hate-needs-to-go-away/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

More importantly, what's an improper gamer? Do they play with their feet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The 360 numbers are really impressive. How is that still selling so much!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Pushtrak wrote: »
    More importantly, what's an improper gamer? Do they play with their feet?

Perhaps they play with their joysticks too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I wonder why Xbox one sells so well...

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/xboxone/

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

People who cant get PS4 just go with what is left - xbox one. I bet sales figures wold be a lot more different if Sony would be able to keep up with demand.

I know for sure if I could not get my hands on PS4 I would be going Xbox one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I really doubt that has had any meaningful impact on the sales. If I couldn't get the console I wanted I wouldn't go spunk another 100 quid on the one I didn't want just for the sake of having something.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭photofinish

I wonder why Xbox one sells so well...

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/xboxone/

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

People who cant get PS4 just go with what is left - xbox one. I bet sales figures wold be a lot more different if Sony would be able to keep up with demand.

I know for sure if I could not get my hands on PS4 I would be going Xbox one too.

The USA is loyal to the Xbox as it is an American cooperation.

The USA is loyal to the Xbox as it is an American cooperation.

And? What does it has to do with stuff I said?

Loyalty in US means **** as their own economy was taken apart by foreign products, which were/are better quality and better priced.

maximoose wrote: »
    I really doubt that has had any meaningful impact on the sales. If I couldn't get the console I wanted I wouldn't go spunk another 100 quid on the one I didn't want just for the sake of having something.

You forget about parents shopping for Christmas. They have to get something.

And? What does it has to do with stuff I said?

Loyalty in US means **** as their own economy was taken apart by foreign products, which were/are better quality and better priced.

The Xbox One has got of to a shaky start thanks to Microsofts PR from Hell but it is pulling ahead of the Sony camp in the USA and this should come as no surprise Xbox is the cool brand in the USA just like Playstation is everywhere else.

People are not paying $100 more because the Playstation is out of stock they are buying their first choice.
    Sony Acknowledges it's the Underdog in America

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/03/sony-acknowledges-its-the-underdog-in-america

You forget about parents shopping for Christmas. They have to get something.

Add people who planned on getting both consoles. Why end up with nothing or pay stupid ebay prices?

Then you got people who just want an next gen console NOW.

The Xbox One has got of to a shaky start thanks to Microsofts PR from Hell but it is pulling ahead of the Sony camp in the USA and this should come as no surprise Xbox is the cool brand in the USA just like Playstation is everywhere else.

People are not paying $100 more because the Playstation is out of stock they are buying their first choice.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/03/sony-acknowledges-its-the-underdog-in-america

As I said, number would be different, I did not said that PS4 would outsell Xbox one. we can only speculate.
    If both consoles would be in similar stock we would see a different picture. Not taking in to account that one product is easy to get and other one is in huge demand and impossible to get is stupid.

Sony knows their underdogs in US. We all knew that even before next gen was launched. One of the reasons why Ps4 launched week earlier in Us and rerouted EU consoles to US as that was the market they needed to fight for. They could afford putting off EU and Jap launches as they know that Xbox is underdog in those markets.

There are people who do pay 100$ more for xbox one even if it was not their first choice and there are people who pay 100$ more, because it was their first choice. No point simplifying it like you putted it. There are a lot of different buyers, not just one type of buyers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Add people who planned on getting both consoles. Why end up with nothing or pay stupid ebay prices?

Then you got people who just want an next gen console NOW.

Will you just accept that the X1 is the more popular console in the worlds biggest video game market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I honestly don't see the xbox being ahead in the US. It's $100 more expensive and doesn't have the year head start. Not to mention it's available there while the PS4 is out of stock, that says something.

It's a long road, but I don't see it having any advantage like it did last gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Next we'll be hearing that Xbox's December sales were due to millions of people with alzheimers who were going to buy a PS4 and then forgot and said they'd take an Xbox.

It couldn't be that people actually want an Xbox One :rolleyes:

Will you just accept that the X1 is the more popular console in the worlds biggest video game market.

You mean Japan?

Next we'll be hearing that Xbox's December sales were due to millions of people with alzheimers who were going to buy a PS4 and then forgot and said they'd take an Xbox.

It couldn't be that people actually want an Xbox One :rolleyes:

Japan belongs to Playstation and the USA belongs to Xbox as regards Europe Xbox 360 put up a great fight but Europe seems to have gone into the Playstation camp.

I got myself an Xbox One and the fact the games are all online to download lets me rest easy in my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

PS4 is the better system IMO but then again, the XB1 has it's advantages too.

I find reaction of of Passionate MS gamers very funny.

When PS4 had a edge in Media it was called as "nothing and should not be taken seriously, its all about games, give it more time etc".
    Xbox One has an edge in Media it is called "Will you just accept that the X1 is the more popular console in the worlds biggest video game market."

My interest in all this conflict is pure from Economy stand point and how Products are being taken by consumers. What consumers find a better deal and how do these big companies handle the situation in such vocal consumer age.

JDM Jack wrote: »
    PS4 is the better system IMO but then again, the XB1 has it's advantages too.

This is an opinion my opinion is the Xbox One is the better system because it has the exclusives I like.

The realty of the situation is very few people would be able to tell which system was running from game footage they are practically the same.

I picked an Xbox because I like them better however I am not a Microsoft fanboy I just enjoy the games.

• Advertisement

I find reaction of of Passionate MS gamers very funny.

When PS4 had a edge in Media it was called as "nothing and should not be taken seriously, its all about games, give it more time etc".
    Xbox One has an edge in Media it is called "Will you just accept that the X1 is the more popular console in the worlds biggest video game market."

My interest in all this conflict is pure from Economy stand point and how Products are being taken by consumers. What consumers find a better deal and how do these big companies handle the situation in such vocal consumer age.

I had two PS 3 consoles and two 360s due to hardware the red ring of dead and the yellow light of doom.
    In all honesty bolt consoles were pretty much the same apart from exclusives.

I play the Xbox more due to the fact I enjoy their exclusives more.
    This generation I opted to only have one console below my TV and games like Halo and Forza I why I picked the Xbox One.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement