Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I had two PS 3 consoles and two 360s due to hardware the red ring of dead and the yellow light of doom.
    In all honesty bolt consoles were pretty much the same apart from exclusives.

I play the Xbox more due to the fact I enjoy their exclusives more.
    This generation I opted to only have one console below my TV and games like Halo and Forza I why I picked the Xbox One.

There is nothing wrong in one or another choice, I think it is clear where I am coming with my comments.
    There is something wrong how some people react to discussions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

There is nothing wrong in one or another choice, I think it is clear where I am coming with my comments.
    There is something wrong how some people react to discussions though.

Yes pure speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Can't find any conclusive reports to prove either of us right, don't have time to go looking right now.
    This is an opinion my opinion is the Xbox One is the better system because it has the exclusives I like.

The realty of the situation is very few people would be able to tell which system was running from game footage they are practically the same.

I picked an Xbox because I like them better however I am not a Microsoft fanboy I just enjoy the games.

That's fair enough, possibly down the line the slightly better specs in the PS4 might shine through, but for now I agree it's only the exclusives and the price that sets them apart. Which exclusives do you like so much though?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yes pure speculation.

Well, and? your point is then? All we do here is pure speculation as we dont have hard facts and we cant look in to future. We dont even have a clear picture what is happening with sales as there are so many variables and so many unclear stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Can't find any conclusive reports to prove either of us right, don't have time to go looking right now.

That's fair enough, possibly down the line the slightly better specs in the PS4 might shine through, but for now I agree it's only the exclusives and the price that sets them apart. Which exclusives do you like so much though?

It normally does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

The Xbox One has got of to a shaky start thanks to Microsofts PR from Hell but it is pulling ahead of the Sony camp in the USA and this should come as no surprise Xbox is the cool brand in the USA just like Playstation is everywhere else.

People are not paying $100 more because the Playstation is out of stock they are buying their first choice.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/03/sony-acknowledges-its-the-underdog-in-america

That is from October 3rd. Currently more PS4's have been sold in he US compared to Xbox and the PS4 is having way more supply issues so I think the roles have reversed. Common sense would suggest as much at least..

Will you just accept that the X1 is the more popular console in the worlds biggest video game market.

Tipsy you must be drunk again... what part of the PS4 has sold more in the US so far do you not understand?

Xbox One: 1,944,688
    PS4: 2,110,642

The rest of the world the PS4 is dominating and as I've pointed out the PS4 can't meet demand anywhere but the Xbox One can. Why do you want the Xbox to "win" so much?

And check out the advertising budgets for both. Microsoft has spent an awful lot more than Sony yet it's still behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Tipsy you must be drunk again... what part of the PS4 has sold more in the US so far do you not understand?

Xbox One: 1,944,688
    PS4: 2,110,642
    I didn't realise the figures were so tight. Its anyone's game.

I'll be watching the sales figures closely in March when both consoles get more games. Titanfall should have a noticeable impact on XB1 sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

We were talking about December sales as per post number 1187.

The rest of the world the PS4 is dominating and as I've pointed out the PS4 can't meet demand anywhere but the Xbox One can. Why do you want the Xbox to "win" so much?

It's not about the X1 winning (I'm getting a PS4 when Naughty Dog release TLOU2), it's about sticking up for it due to the amount of hate it's getting from the idiots who populate sites like neogaf & Game FAQ. I don't want either to 'win', I just want exclusives on the X1 that sickens their holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭photofinish

I really love playing the Halo game it was an instant classic on the first Xbox along with Project Gotham Racing these day Forza is the racing king.

Gears of War was another game I really loved.

• Advertisement

We were talking about December sales as per post number 1187.

It's not about the X1 winning (I'm getting a PS4 when Naughty Dog release TLOU2), it's about sticking up for it due to the amount of hate it's getting from the idiots who populate sites like neogaf & Game FAQ. I don't want either to 'win', I just want exclusives on the X1 that sickens their holes.

I've heard of those sites but don't visit them. No real amount of idiots on here so no need to defend it neddlessly. I also don't see why it's relevant to this thread that the PS3 is marginally beating the Xbox One in the US when it's a completely different story in the EU and more importantly Ireland. Is it not more relevant to discuss UK and Irish sales considering that's where most of our friends we play with live?

I really love playing the Halo game it was an instant classic on the first Xbox along with Project Gotham Racing these day Forza is the racing king.

Gears of War was another game I really loved.

Do you still love them? I got sick of them along with call of duty so hopefully some more mainstream titles break into the market and keep things fresh.

Some possible titles are Destiny, Titanfall and Drive Club. Hopefully they all deliver because I'm sick of nearly all the mainstream games I used to love.

I didn't realise the figures were so tight. Its anyone's game.

I'll be watching the sales figures closely in March when both consoles get more games. Titanfall should have a noticeable impact on XB1 sales.

I'd say a lot of people hyped for Titan Fall will have gotten the Xbox One already. A lot of negative news for it lately but that won't matter when the game comes out. If it's good it could be the next gears of war but if it's broken an over hyped flop..

Not sure if this is relevant but the pre order data for it shows 200,000 pre orders with 9 weeks to go in the US with it gaining 11,000 pre orders in the last week.

To put that into comparison Destiny on the PS4 has 211,000 with no definite release date (probably next October) but only gained 6,000 in the last week.

Destiny Xbox One is 3rd and Watch Dogs PS4 is 4th.

Infamous Second Son is 5th with 10 weeks till release at 175,000 pre orders gaining 9,000 in the last week.

Will be interesting to see how all that unfolds when the TV advertising hits.

Do you still love them? I got sick of them along with call of duty so hopefully some more mainstream titles break into the market and keep things fresh.

Some possible titles are Destiny, Titanfall and Drive Club. Hopefully they all deliver because I'm sick of nearly all the mainstream games I used to love.

I see that titanfall hyped another reason I went for the Xbox One but I can not comment on it yet until I get a chance to play it.

Ryse was a total waste of time.

I agree mainstream games have become a bit stale apart from GTA V what a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I see that titanfall hyped another reason I went for the Xbox One but I can not comment on it yet until I get a chance to play it.

Ryse was a total waste of time.

I agree mainstream games have become a bit stale apart from GTA V what a game.

I disagree I thought Ryse was brilliant :) probably not worth 65e though as campaign was quite short
    but was a good campaign , solid gameplay imo and the gladiator arena is deadly :) like the way they use booster packs to pump up your gladiator
    put I can see it getting reptitive after a while but nothing like a good hack and slash game (I love the roman period in history) :P

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I disagree I thought Ryse was brilliant :) probably not worth 65e though as campaign was quite short
    but was a good campaign , solid gameplay imo and the gladiator arena is deadly :) like the way they use booster packs to pump up your gladiator
    put I can see it getting reptitive after a while but nothing like a good hack and slash game
    (I love the roman period in history) :P

You answered your own question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

playstation is cheaper and you don't have to sign up for Microsoft yearly charge to watch videos,saying that you have to buy all new games for both xbox and ps

Grayditch wrote: »
    Did he ask one?

Correction he made my point on why I did not like Ryse apart from the visuals being gorgeous.

You answered your own question.

call of duty gets repetitive, so does bf4, fifa14 etc
    but I still come back too them games:pac: also I did'nt ask a question ? I was replying too your post smartarse :pac:

Correction he made my point on why I did not like Ryse apart from the visuals being gorgeous.

clearly you don't like hack and slash games :P we'll leave it at that so:pac:

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    call of duty gets repetitive, so does bf4, fifa14 etc
    but I still come back too them games:pac: also I did'nt ask a question ? I was replying too yours smartarse :pac:

:D
    To be honest nothing on these new consoles has come near the standard of GTA V.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

:D
    To be honest nothing on these new consoles has come near the standard of GTA V.

GTA V was not a great game, vastly overhyped and underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Xenji wrote: »

Could not disagree more :p

It's the first game I completed in a long time.

Flying large aircraft submarine diving trains getting attacked by mountain lions I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Could not disagree more :p

It is quite a polarizing game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It is quite a polarizing game :pac:
    I didn't even play it. Why? I got tired of GTA IV while playing it. At some point last year, I bought a used copy to try out DLC I heard was so great. Nope. GTA V was never a serious consideration for a purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I'd second that. Visually not great and became boring quickly. It just wasn't as fun as previous GTAs. It was extremely overhyped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

"Both new platforms are off to a great start," he wrote. "We all should be celebrating a healthy vibrant industry. Sony has done a good job and they should be commended. The hate that infects gaming in the online space needs to go away."

Listen to Major Nelson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

+1

I became bored of it. Multiplayer is awful too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 rinaric15

PS4 is definitely the gaming console for gamers this gen, like the 360 was last gen. It will have the best quality games from third-parties, and will also have many amazing first-party games that stretch the consoles power out the the max. And unlike the Xbox One, which has adopted a 'Jack of all trades, master of none' mentality, the PS4 is clearly dedicated to games/gaming and things will only get better as time goes on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement