Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is getting weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'm getting Forza a game everyone is drooling over.

I have to admit, Forza is the only ( so far ) reason I will be getting Xbox One after price cut.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Pushtrak wrote: »
    A PC isn't going to do me any favours in playing console exclusives.

I think that's a pretty short sighted view for a couple of reasons:

1) The new batch of consoles are now using PC architecture internally - this means there's a metric fk ton of barriers for cross platform development that have just disappeared overnight. Any "exclusivity" is dumb - you only had to see the Bungee people's reactions to EA fking them and all PlayStation people over on this Titan Fall thing to see how unpopular and anti-consumer a notion it is with developers (who after all just want people to play and enjoy their games).

2) Valve are about to hit the living room hard with the Steam Box which is a tidy compact PC running their own flavour of Linux. I don't think that they'll just sit back and allow "console exclusives" to be a barrier for them.

Now that I think of it, why *isn't* the Steam Box in this poll? Anyone with half a brain has to realise that it's a major contender for the living room space and that is has a staggeringly massive collection of games at all price ranges already available. Neither Sony nor MS can say they have about 10,000 launch titles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I have to admit, Forza is the only ( so far ) reason I will be getting Xbox One after price cut.

Is forza as good as gran Turismo? I presume GT6 will be on ps4.

Ps4 for me. XB1 Would have to be something special to take me away from sony and iysnot

I like console exclusives more than I like PC ones. I'm gonna get a console. Most likely both. I'm a console guy. Consoles are great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

A bargain is a BARGAIN, when item is actually needed/wanted/Cheap as chips. 40eu for an item nobody ( okay, 7 people world wide want it ) wants is a freaking robbery in the middle of the day.

ps4 399eu + controller 65eu + Killzone 65eu + Camera 60eu = 590eu

Killzone bundle - 499eu. Now thats a fecking bargain camera, because you can sell on camera for at least 30eu and still get controller and Game cheaper then buying individually. So yeah, MS has a very ****ed up "bargain" definition.

*Will spend 60eu on game, which they actually want. Not everyone drools over balls on a pitch. :pac:

Think its quite alot more then 7 but I get the point it should of been made optional, but who knows maybe kinect 2.0 could be a beast of a thing
    I like the idea of it been used with DR3 and Ryse for shouting orders on what to do
    Not to mention to practice my awfull dancing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Shiminay wrote: »
    I think that's a pretty short sighted view for a couple of reasons:

1) The new batch of consoles are now using PC architecture internally - this means there's a metric fk ton of barriers for cross platform development that have just disappeared overnight. Any "exclusivity" is dumb - you only had to see the Bungee people's reactions to EA fking them and all PlayStation people over on this Titan Fall thing to see how unpopular and anti-consumer a notion it is with developers (who after all just want people to play and enjoy their games).

2) Valve are about to hit the living room hard with the Steam Box which is a tidy compact PC running their own flavour of Linux. I don't think that they'll just sit back and allow "console exclusives" to be a barrier for them.

Now that I think of it, why *isn't* the Steam Box in this poll? Anyone with half a brain has to realise that it's a major contender for the living room space and that is has a staggeringly massive collection of games at all price ranges already available. Neither Sony nor MS can say they have about 10,000 launch titles :D

oh god the master race just can't stay out of any console discussion
    thats all we need now is the steam box then they will have an excuse to butt in:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

etxp wrote: »
    Is forza as good as gran Turismo? I presume GT6 will be on ps4.

Ps4 for me. XB1 Would have to be something special to take me away from sony and iysnot

Well, I was a Pure GT fanboy up until I played Forza 2. there were no other options to GT in fairness. Since then I loved Forza 2, 3, 4. GT5 was complete bollox with Premium/standart car thing.

After playing GT6 Demo I think that GT can get back in to the my life. It was fantastic. Its a shame it is coming out on ps3.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

hehehe :D

For what it's worth, if I was getting a console, I'd be going for the PS4 - PS+ is so much better than XBox Live. The hardware is better and it's cheaper. I'll be damned if I'd be giving Sony my credit card details though - we can never let them forget that hack because it's complacency that let it happen.

I currently own a 360, I was happy with it, but I've had 5 of them because of RROD. The whole thing put me off consoles and I figured since I need a computer anyway and FPS' are my preferred game of choice (and you can't play them properly with a fking controller). I recently dug it out and dusted it off to play GTA V because I just couldn't wait to play it :)

I've always said though, if a console let me play with a mouse and keyboard, I'd be all over it. There's no reason they couldn't support it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Going with the PS4, but would jump at the chance at getting a Steam Box to go beside it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Well, I was a Pure GT fanboy up until I played Forza 2. there were no other options to GT in fairness. Since then I loved Forza 2, 3, 4. GT5 was complete bollox with Premium/standart car thing.

After playing GT6 Demo I think that GT can get back in to the my life. It was fantastic. Its a shame it is coming out on ps3.

Yea I'm a big GT fan too. Have had 3,4 and 5. I presume it will come out on ps4 too.

I like the structure of GT more than Forza. Both are great, even if I get bored of car games after a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

A bargain is a BARGAIN, when item is actually needed/wanted/Cheap as chips. 40eu for an item nobody ( okay, 7 people world wide want it ) wants is a freaking robbery in the middle of the day.
    Who knows, they could end up doing something to impress us with kinect. With everyone with a One having kinect, developers will know that they can use it and it wouldn't be a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The problem with Kinect is that all the promises about how great it's going to be, how accurate and how much it's going to improve your gaming experiences have already been made - when Microsoft released the first Kinect. Since then, everyone worked out that it was badly designed and flawed gimmicky nonsense that never really worked. Now Microsoft are asking everyone to forget that and telling them that *this time* they have it nailed, but no-one either believes them or cares now.

The problem with Kinect is that all the promises about how great it's going to be, how accurate and how much it's going to improve your gaming experiences have already been made - when Microsoft released the first Kinect. Since then, everyone worked out that it was badly designed and flawed gimmicky nonsense that never really worked. Now Microsoft are asking everyone to forget that and telling them that *this time* they have it nailed, but no-one either believes them or cares now.

Yip. "Remember how much you loved the first Kinect, well now it's obligatory!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Grayditch wrote: »
    Nowhere close to top ten almost makes it sound bad. Which of course it isn't. In my opinion.

Its not bad by any stretch, I just didn't enjoy it at all. Thought it lacked in most departments as a gaming experience and really had to force myself to go back to it. Basically I found it completely dull and uninteresting

Never thought I'd be saying this, but having spent the first half of the day with the xbo (and the second half with the ps4), the best looking game on the xbo is kinext sports rivals. It really is astonishingly pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

COYVB wrote: »
    Never thought I'd be saying this, but having spent the first half of the day with the xbo (and the second half with the ps4), the best looking game on the xbo is kinext sports rivals. It really is astonishingly pretty!

It is meant to run at 30 fps and 1080p when it is fully released next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

IF the new kinect was good, you'd bet Microsoft would have come up with an unreal game that uses it to sell it. But they haven't. It's up to developers to do that. Microsoft obviously tried long and hard and couldn't think of anything bar the usual crap.
    To me it's an example of amazing technology that doesn't have any real use. It's a gamble that developers are going to come up with something. But if you have zero interest in motion control, it's a gamble that us gamers have to pay for.
    No doubt it'll be used by some people, but it definitely should have been optional.

Xenji wrote: »
    It is meant to run at 30 fps and 1080p when it is fully released next year.

Played the jet ski game that'll serve as the first preseason event next month and was born away with the graphics. The draw distance and far field fidelity is fantastic. Never would've thought it was only running at 30fps

Kzsf is still the prettiest next gen game though. But I'm not allowed to talk about it fully till next Wednesday

Nevertheless sports rivals impressed where I least expected it to

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    IF the new kinect was good, you'd bet Microsoft would have come up with an unreal game that uses it to sell it. But they haven't. It's up to developers to do that. Microsoft obviously tried long and hard and couldn't think of anything bar the usual crap.
    I'm not buying either console at launch as the games don't justify the expense. In terms of the One/Kinect, I can point to one game that I'll be keeping my eye on in the coming months. D4, which'll be made by the same people as did Deadly Premonition. It could be great, or it could fall flat on its face. Link on that.

Dead Rising 3, while I'll not be interested in getting it, also has kinect built in. Not a clue when I'll get a chance to see how the kinect works in that, but I'll be interested in what people say regarding whether it adds anything to the game.

There also has been developer interest in kinect, for example from Kojima.

Kinectt is very minor with dr3

COYVB wrote: »
    Kinectt is very minor with dr3
    True, but two points on that. First being, a lot of people will read anything to do with motion and say eff that, they just want a controller... So these less invasive things would appeal to them where, say the approach in D4 wouldn't. Secondly, even minor things can add to the immersion of a game and shouldn't be discounted. Course, it/things like it in the future have to show they add something to the experience yet.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I'm not buying either console at launch as the games don't justify the expense.

Same here. Had a ps4 on order in Smyths, but selling my deposit.
    Have a load of PS+ games to play and there's nothing amazing on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sounds like nonsense, no sources and this:
    Sony also allegedly plans to lure gamers from Xbox One to its PS4 by including the ability to chat with fellow players and other social-networking functions.

has already existed for ages!

I really hate the PC master race guys that can't stay away from threads like this, but I'm seriously considering one when I replace the ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

peteeeed wrote: »

I've never heard of that site but that article sounds like a load of sh*te.

To play online MP you must have PS Plus... that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

If I get a next generation console it will be a PS4.

Sorry to rain on the new console parade but it will definitely be at least a year because:
    • With PS Plus it will take me at least a year to get time to play all the PS3 games I have in my backlog.
    • There will be far more PS4 games to choose from at that stage.
    • All of the games for PS4 will have been out a while at that stage and will have been patched up and actually at the point they should have been at when released. Look at GTA V for example. One of the few games I pre-ordered this generation and I regret it. I think they're on 1.05 at this stage.
    • See if there are any major hardware flaws.
    • There wil undoubtedly be software issues to address - patching in mp3 support for example.
    • There will be a price drop, probably not in 2014 but maybe at some stage in 2015. If not a price drop then better bundles to try to increase sales once they start to slow.
    • There may also even be a new version of the PS4, although granted that may be a few years away.

An X1? No for the above reasons but mainly because any company that tries to remove your rights to own games, implement always online requirements and then comes out with a dealwithit hashtag is not a company I will give my money to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Cienciano wrote: »
    I really hate the PC master race guys that can't stay away from threads like this, but I'm seriously considering one when I replace the ps3.

Well asking which console a person is getting can also be indirectly seen as a question asking what is your next move/purchase for new games. Limiting it to consoles leaves out a huge response from people who are getting neither, either from building/buying a PC, being satisfied with their current PC or being satisfied with their current console. The idea is someone says what platform they'll be playing on in the future and why that platform is superior to its competitor, granting it a purchase. A user saying they'll get a PC because it runs games at a higher performance is not this whole 'pc master race' it's just person who believes there's a better purchase available to them than the dichotomy the thread title (and game stores' propaganda) suggests, and hopefully they're saying it in order to make that information available to other users so they can make better purchases too, as is the hope of a social forum in a free market society.

But meh, Ps4eVARz. (jk)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement