Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    wow what a bargain for Sony. Genius idea whoever game up with it. Like I would never have bought metro last light even though after checking reviews it's a top notch game.
    Metro Last Light is a direct sequel to 2033. Personally I think 2033 is a better game, but Last Light I'm sure has a better impact when you've played 2033 and know what is going on. I kinda wish that 2033 went to the PS3 too so people could have played both. PS3 owners would have to have a pretty damn good PC to get 2033 to run, so its likely most people there never got to play 2033.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Metro Last Light is a direct sequel to 2033. Personally I think 2033 is a better game, but Last Light I'm sure has a better impact when you've played 2033 and know what is going on. I kinda wish that 2033 went to the PS3 too so people could have played both. PS3 owners would have to have a pretty damn good PC to get 2033 to run, so its likely most people there never got to play 2033.

Or have read the book :)

irishmover wrote: »
    Or have read the book :)
    That's better still. The book is a good deal better than the game, not that the game is a slouch.

Edit: Those of you with Last Light, haven't started yet, and didn't play 2033, do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A book? Like... With pages. Like the big versions of the manuals that come with games. Are you mad...

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If this is true, I'd be pretty pissed if I bought one at launch
    Microsoft has told trusted publishing partners that it will release a new model Xbox One before the end of the year, a senior source has confirmed to VG247.

Although the source was unable to confirm that the system will be disc-less and feature a bluetooth adaptor, the new console will be priced cheaper than the current $499 model.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/31/senior-publishing-source-confirms-new-cheaper-xbox-one-release-for-2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

RasTa wrote: »

Why on earth you would one discless... Throw out Kinect, leave voice commands over microphone - Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Why on earth you would one discless... Throw out Kinect, leave voice commands over microphone - Done.

I can't imagine they would save 100 euro on dropping the disc drive itself. That said, everytime the sell a disc, they have to pay money to the blueray consortium (of which Sony is a member). On top of that a user is now limited to XB marketplace so MS take another cut for every game sold. I would suspect this would, in the long term, make up the additional money lost in revenue from the lower price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I wouldn't mind that. If they release a newer version without the disc drive those users will only be able to buy their games direct from Microsoft and they won't have a bluray player.

With this generation I couldn't wait 1 year until I'd buy a console.
    Also I couldn't pass on Titanfall :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

That had long been rumoured on Neogaf as being the original console they wanted to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sarumite wrote: »
    I can't imagine they would save 100 euro on dropping the disc drive itself. That said, everytime the sell a disc, they have to pay money to the blueray consortium (of which Sony is a member). On top of that a user is now limited to XB marketplace so MS take another cut for every game sold. I would suspect this would, in the long term, make up the additional money lost in revenue from the lower price point.

I remember how fantastic psp go did with PS Store only.... It's not going to work. Unless they want to sell it for 100eu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I can't see that working at all. Locked to paying over the odds for every single game not to mention permanently skewed prices on old titles, with no option for preowned, to borrow, etc....who would want that?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I can't see that working at all. Locked to paying over the odds for every single game not to mention permanently skewed prices on old titles, with no option for preowned, to borrow, etc....who would want that?? :confused:

One word....TITANFALL :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I don't get this. This game could be woeful sh¡t altogether. I don't understand how you can pin all your hopes on one game like - the word seems to have become a positive re-enforcement mantra for people that bought the xboxone and their faith in the machine has started slipping…

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Two words: Not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I don't get this. This game could be woeful sh¡t altogether. I don't understand how you can pin all your hopes on one game like - the word seems to have become a positive re-enforcement mantra for people that bought the xboxone and their faith in the machine has started slipping…

It has quite the unfortunate name as well, if the game does not end up meeting the gamers expectations or suffers any issues, you know it will become known as Titanfail.

It seems to be all some Xbox users have as a conversation about the Xbox. And they don't even have it yet. There'll be better games than Titanfall for the XBO. Jaysus, I hope. 6v6 Online matches. The XBox needs a Killer RPG and Action Adventure single player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm obviously not a target market as a casual gamer but I couldn't imagine being bothered buying a online multiplayer game that had no single player campaign with it. I like to have a runthrough of the campaign to get a full feel of the game before being picked off by a load of 12 year olds in the multiplayer part of the game and giving up in exasperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

I wouldn't mind that. If they release a newer version without the disc drive those users will only be able to buy their games direct from Microsoft and they won't have a bluray player.

With this generation I couldn't wait 1 year until I'd buy a console.
    Also I couldn't pass on Titanfall :cool:

You mean that game that looks almost identical to CoD? You mean that game that's available for both PC and Xbox 360? The mechs/titans/walker things don't even seem that relevant in any game footage I've seen.

Being released on 360 and PC, it's not going to sell the Xbox One to as many people as it would have being an exclusive. I'm definitely interested in giving it a go, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Grayditch wrote: »
    Being released on 360 and PC, it's not going to sell the Xbox One to as many people as it would have being an exclusive. I'm definitely interested in giving it a go, though.

That's the thing. Even if I was interested in it, I still have my 360, as most people do. XBO and PC only, then it might sell a few XBOs, but releasing it on 360 too means most people who want to play it will still be able to play it.

• Advertisement

It will. STAND BY FOR TITANFALL :D

Who cares about sales, the XB1 and PS4 are already major successful regarding sales. Its looking like an awesome game, loving the footage I am seeing. Single player games just dont do it for me anymore. Avg of 8 hours of gameplay in a single player vs 600+ hours of multiplayer. I choose multiplayer.

I knew from all the prerelease talk that I'd be getting the PS4 and would consider the Xbox One at some time in the future when they actually started appealing to gamers. The idea of a one for all box is great but honestly I'd rather have two, one for my gaming needs and one for everything else.

Sony recognized that appealing directly to gamers was what would set them apart and it really has. The Xbox One has a limited number of upcoming indie titles whereas the PS4 has pretty much thrown the floodgates open to developers. The whole frame rate issue with Xbox One is another mess and all the talk of the cloud isn't impressing in the least. It just comes across like fluff designed to throw attention away from the actual problems.

I know that I will most likely end up getting the Xbox One at some stage but I can't see that happening for a number of years. There's simply nothing on the horizon that's enticing enough for me to part with over 500 euro and while fanboys are claiming Titanfall will be the game to make PS4 gamers jealous, honestly it looks and seems to play like a COD clone.

It seems to be all some Xbox users have as a conversation about the Xbox. And they don't even have it yet. There'll be better games than Titanfall for the XBO. Jaysus, I hope. 6v6 Online matches. The XBox needs a Killer RPG and Action Adventure single player.
    I don't want Titanfall. I don't do multiplayer only games. I will say though, I think you are making a bigger deal out of the 6 v 6 than it deserves.

It will.

Titanfall will help sell as many Xbox One's than if it was an Xbox One exclusive? No way. You'll have Pc gamers with Pc's better than Xbox or PS4 picking it up on that. And people like myself who'll probably get it on the 360.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I don't want Titanfall. I don't do multiplayer only games. I will say though, I think you are making a bigger deal out of the 6 v 6 than it deserves.

Personal preference is always going to come into my opinion of course. Sure there will be people who don't care, but I remember at the time developers having to actually comment on the disappointment a lot of people felt on Twitter and gaming sites that it was 6v6. So I guess it was a relative size deal in terms of that.

It being 6v6 won't define how good the game is if that's the way the game works best. It just looks like it might be limiting right now.

You mean that game that looks almost identical to CoD? You mean that game that's available for both PC and Xbox 360? The mechs/titans/walker things don't even seem that relevant in any game footage I've seen.
    Just so I know which game you are talking about....

You mean that game that won all those awards at E3?
    You mean that game that is the most anticipated game of 2014?
    You mean that game that is made by the original founders of Infinity Ward who brought us modern warfare 1?
    You mean that game that won't be available on PS4, PS3, PS Vita or any other Sony gaming device?
    You mean that game that is currently at Alpha stage that is confirmed as showing only 25% of the game and is getting awesome feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Isn't it being released on the 14th of march ? So its not even going to be the best game released that day... nice.

Jesus, I had to check. Dark Souls 2. I forgot about that. Probably not getting Titanfall for a few weeks after, haha. All games have seemed boring after Demon's/Dark Souls for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Nazzu

Magill wrote: »
    Isn't it being released on the 14th of march ? So its not even going to be the best game released that day... nice.

Titanfail :pac: ( probably to early for the that pun, but it is in my head now )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement