Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Just so I know which game you are talking about....

You mean that game that won all those awards at E3?
    You mean that game that is the most anticipated game of 2014?
    You mean that game that is made by the original founders of Infinity Ward who brought us modern warfare 1?
    You mean that game that won't be available on PS4, PS3, PS Vita or any other Sony gaming device?
    You mean that game that is currently at Alpha stage that is confirmed as showing only 25% of the game and is getting awesome feedback?

What about a Sony VAIO? ;)

Personally I'm not impressed by it at all. I'll probably still pick it up for the PC to see if it can stand up to the hype, but I'm not holding out a great deal of hope for it. I certainly don't think it's worth ~€600 of my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You mean that game that is made by the original founders of Infinity Ward who brought us modern warfare 1?
    You mean that game that won't be available on PS4, PS3, PS Vita or any other Sony gaming device?
    You mean that game that is currently at Alpha stage that is confirmed as showing only 25% of the game and is getting awesome feedback?

Just so you know: I remember same things about Allien Coloniel Marines... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Titanhope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I don't get this. This game could be woeful sh¡t altogether. I don't understand how you can pin all your hopes on one game like - the word seems to have become a positive re-enforcement mantra for people that bought the xboxone and their faith in the machine has started slipping…

oops...I forgot the :rolleyes: when I said that. I have no interested in titanfall myself. I am kind of burnt out on first person shooters, if it's any good I can get it for the PC (of pick up a cheap 360). I think it is kind of funny that everytime somone points out a anything slightly flawed about the XBone we hear 'TITANFALL' from all the xbox fanboys. Its the non-exclusive exclusive that will singlehandedly change the gaming sphere.....apprently!

Look what you started, sarumite...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What about a Sony VAIO? ;)

Personally I'm not impressed by it at all. I'll probably still pick it up for the PC to see if it can stand up to the hype, but I'm not holding out a great deal of hope for it. I certainly don't think it's worth ~€600 of my money.
    Well played lol, darn Sony Vaio's, you'll be able to play it on that but it will burn a hole in your jeans lol. Those Vaio's generate some heat. I have an older Vaio PC and laptop, I forgot all about them.

No one game is worth is worth buying a console for. For some gamers who like Cod style gaming this will be something new.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Look what you started, sarumite...

:o oops... my bad!

So.....really bad weather lately, eh?

I use a Vaio for work. Very impressed with it, considering the horrific conditions it's been through. No overheating, I've noticed. Don't put your laptop on your actual lap.

Well played lol, darn Sony Vaio's, you'll be able to play it on that but it will burn a hole in your jeans lol.

I game naked ;)

I use a Vaio for work. Very impressed with it, considering the horrific conditions it's been through. No overheating, I've noticed. Don't put your laptop on your actual lap.
    I been through 3 Vaio laptops on desks, laps, you name it. You're one of the lucky ones. Over heating was a huge issue for the Vaio. Not to mention how over priced they were/are.
    My Packard bell works no matter where I use it so I am happy I moved away from Sony PCs.

• Advertisement

Titanhope.

65691_10202978074235136_1681784586_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Let's have a look at E3 best of show for the last few years

Titanfall (2013)
    The Last of Us (2012)
    Bioshock Infinite (2011)
    Nintendo 3DS (2010)
    Uncharted 2 (2009)
    Fallout 3 (2008)

Hmmmmm looks like a load of masterpieces to me and a handheld that is saving nintendo's skin.

Titanfall (2013)
    The Last of Us (2012)
    Bioshock Infinite (2011)
    Nintendo 3DS (2010)
    Uncharted 2 (2009)
    Fallout 3 (2008)

Hmmmmm looks like a load of masterpieces to me and a handheld that is saving nintendo's skin.

I have played 4 out of those 5 games and none were masterpieces. All good games, but all flawed in some way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Well, masterpiece is a bit of an extreme word to use IMO, but out of those games 2 were my games of year when they released. Bioshock infinite is overrated, and I found Fallout 3 go be a buggy mess.

In general, it's a good indication alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Titanfall (2013)
    The Last of Us (2012)
    Bioshock Infinite (2011)
    Nintendo 3DS (2010)
    Uncharted 2 (2009)
    Fallout 3 (2008)

Online only COD-esque shooters do not make masterpieces. It could be a good game, but like BF and COD, it's never going to be a masterpiece like TLOU, Bioshock or Uncharted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Titanfall (2013)
    The Last of Us (2012)
    Bioshock Infinite (2011)
    Nintendo 3DS (2010)
    Uncharted 2 (2009)
    Fallout 3 (2008)

Let's call a spade a spade here. Titanfall will probably be a good game.. but it's a game that is marketed completely for the COD audience which I'm going to hazard a guess isn't really the audience in this thread and hence the reason a lot of people aren't particularly hyped for it.

Multiplayer games can be great fun but I love single player games so I will be all over the Dark Souls, Infamous etcs of this world and enjoy BF and other multiplayer games on the side.

tok9 wrote: »
    Let's call a spade a spade here. Titanfall will probably be a good game.. but it's a game that is marketed completely for the COD audience which I'm going to hazard a guess isn't really the audience in this thread and hence the reason a lot of people aren't particularly hyped for it.

Multiplayer games can be great fun but I love single player games so I will be all over the Dark Souls, Infamous etcs of this world and enjoy BF and other multiplayer games on the side.

Singleplayer experiences stick in my head longer as gaming experiences. My best memories are from multiplayer gaming with friends, but then the quality of the game isn't as important as the people I am playing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭photofinish

Downloaded this on PS4 earlier and have been playing it for hours.

This is the first game on next gen I really like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Calling it now on how good it is going to be is silly. Lots of hyped games end up being big disappointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Calling it now on how good it is going to be is silly. Lots of hyped games end up being big disappointments.

calling it now on how bad its going to be is also silly:pac: (not referring to your post)

the game has good reviews and looks solid from what I've seen, 6v6 is small but if theirs so many good reviews about then maybe 6v6 suits it better for balance

Obviously this game won't suit cod haters or fps haters, but I like cod and I've no doubt I'll like this too, but I can't see it been the new cod but for something a little different, hell even controlling mechs, it sounds like fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    calling it now on how bad its going to be is also silly:pac: (not referring to your post)

the game has good reviews and looks solid from what I've seen, 6v6 is small but if theirs so many good reviews about then maybe 6v6 suits it better for balance

Obviously this game won't suit cod haters or fps haters, but I like cod and I've no doubt I'll like this too, but I can't see it been the new cod but for something a little different, hell even controlling mechs, it sounds like fun :D

The whole being excited because it has mechs is kinda strange to me, because they just look like a killstreak you'd get in CoD.. hell i wouldn't be suprised if they're in the next CoD ! I got bored of killstreaks in CoD after about 10 minutes playing CoD4 and have since then prefered the barebones playlists by far.

MW3/Black ops/MW2 have all got near 90% ratings on metacritic... i'd be suprised if this game doesn't get at least 90% but when its most similar rival gets those kind of reviews yearly before being slated a few weeks later by most users once the novelty wears off.. i'll have to take whatever it gets with a grain of salt.

Honestly i dont even think the game will be bad or anything, im sure it'll be an improvement over whatever the last cod was.. but its just the hype that a few select users seem to put on it when it honestly doesn't look special or unique.

I have played a LOT of cod btw.. just check out my youtube channel. So its not like i'm a "CoD" hater.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The thing about Titanfall is that it is not totally original, we have had plenty of Mecha games over the years such as MechWarrior, Armoured Core, Battlefield 2142, Chromehounds and going back to the 32X with Metal Head, a game I reckon was a big inspiration for Titanfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Could things be yurning around for xbox and its Games With Gold service vs. PS+?

Second month in a row some good games coming for free! http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dead_island/news/dead_island_and_toy_soldiers_cold_war_free_in_februarys_games_with_gold.html

A new X1 revision by end of year? http://www.videogamer.com/news/white_xbox_one_to_launch_in_october_disc-less_console_being_tested.html

Kotaku is saying Mucrosoft is trying to hunt down the leaker and take legal action, so all the recent X1 info leaks are legit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

jenjenten wrote: »
    Could things be yurning around for xbox and its Games With Gold service vs. PS+?

Second month in a row some good games coming for free! http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dead_island/news/dead_island_and_toy_soldiers_cold_war_free_in_februarys_games_with_gold.html

A new X1 revision by end of year? http://www.videogamer.com/news/white_xbox_one_to_launch_in_october_disc-less_console_being_tested.html

Kotaku is saying Mucrosoft is trying to hunt down the leaker and take legal action, so all the recent X1 info leaks are legit!!

I don't own either but if I had to pick I'd go for the PS+. Bioshock Infinite ad Metro Last light free this month compared to 2 old games that anyone that had any interest in have already played.
    I don't think launching a newer version of the X1 with in the space of the year says anything good about the position the X1 is in. Reeks abit of desperation to be releasing another version this early into its life cycle, and thats even if the rumors are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MS are giving away games 3-5 years old yet Sony are providing games 10-12 months old and all the discounts for PS+ too on DLC and other games like PS1 and 2 classics.
    There are already 3 PS4 indie titles for free and not a tap for X1, MS have alot to do to even come close to PS+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The thing about Games with Gold and PS+ to a lesser extent is anyone who is a big gamer will have played almost everything AAA they give out, for me games with gold has given me nothing I haven't already played, it's only rewarding new members or those who don't play many games. The really need to come up with something for folks like me, I'm sure there are many like me :confused:

There is also one big difference between GWG and PS+ , with GWG the game is yours for good once you download it, not the case with PS+

I don't own either but if I had to pick I'd go for the PS+. Bioshock Infinite ad Metro Last light free this month compared to 2 old games that anyone that had any interest in have already played.
    I don't think launching a newer version of the X1 with in the space of the year says anything good about the position the X1 is in. Reeks abit of desperation to be releasing another version this early into its life cycle, and thats even if the rumors are true.

Both the Xbox One and PS4 are a major success. The way Sony ponies go on you'd swear the XB1 only sold 500,000 units :D

I believe the rumours of a harddrive only XB1 console are true. I see nothing wrong with releasing another version of the XB1. It's more options for the consumer. While Microsoft may sell it €100 cheaper to price match the PS4 I wouldn't want a version without a bluray player, also I wouldn't want to buy games only from the Microsoft games marketplace.

Lol, check out the video I found, standby for Titanfall, on PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Both the Xbox One and PS4 are a major success. The way Sony ponies go on you'd swear the XB1 only sold 500,000 units :D

I believe the rumours of a harddrive only XB1 console are true. I see nothing wrong with releasing another version of the XB1. It's more options for the consumer. While Microsoft may sell it €100 cheaper to price match the PS4 I wouldn't want a version without a bluray player, also I wouldn't want to buy games only from the Microsoft games marketplace.

Same here, the €100 saving on the hardware wouldn't be long getting gobbled up by the cost of digital games from the marketplace. Only at xmas they jacked up all the prices by 5 quid in the UK , not sure if they did the same here ?

Surely releasing a diskless version goes counter to their whole "center of your media experience" thing, not that it is at the moment anyway, lacking one guide outside us , poor and very limited steaming from LAN and no support for mixed media discs or usb.

"HQ
    Titanfall tells Sony Ponies to **** OFF you Social Rejects"

Awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Most people who care about Titanfall are doing their Junior Cert

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement