Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Halo 5 is the big one I'll have to own a Xbox One for, and that's a traditional September launch isn't it? Plenty of time then.
    Halo, Halo 2, Halo 4: November
    Halo 3, ODST, Reach: September

There are rumours that Halo 2 anniversary will be out this year, include a beta and Halo 5 has been put back to next year. There's also rumours that Halo 3 and 4 are being ported to the One this year, so lets see what turns out to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    You can't beat a single player game experience, demon souls, dark souls, uncharted, the last of us, god of war, fallout, oblivion, to name a few...

I'm going down that route too, haven't played online for about a year. Lag and idiot 12 year olds mean i can't be arsed anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pushtrak wrote: »
    There are rumours that Halo 2 anniversary will be out this year, include a beta and Halo 5 has been put back to next year.

If there's one single player campaign you don't need to be reminded about its halo 2's. Such a disappointment. I'm sure people will be happy if it emulates the multiplayer well.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If there's one single player campaign you don't need to be reminded about its halo 2's. Such a disappointment. I'm sure people will be happy if it emulates the multiplayer well.
    That ending was so well loved. It didn't annoy anyone.

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Whatever about the ending it was the whole 'well people liked halo but hated the flood so lets have the flood appear even more frequently in the game'. Then the shoddy level design with copy and pasted environments, the library part 2 and have Audrey 2 in the story but no singing. Such a shame because it starts off so well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Maybe i'm an exception to the rule, but i really enjoyed the Halo 2 campaign:P

Whatever about the ending it was the whole 'well people liked halo but hated the flood so lets have the flood appear even more frequently in the game'. Then the shoddy level design with copy and pasted environments, the library part 2 and have Audrey 2 in the story but no singing. Such a shame because it starts off so well.
    The flood are kinda a big deal in terms of the story. If people wanted them gone, that's just silly. If people wanted it reduced, well we don't always get what we want. It has been a long time since I played either the first or 2nd Halo. Haven't played Anniversary yet, but it seems looking back that the first was the one with worse copy and paste environments. Really need to play 'em again though as I could very well be wrong on that.

Again, it has been a long time since I played, but the only stand out crap to me was the ending. Maybe if I played again, it'd remind me of other things I didn't like, but I can't stand endings like Halo 2 - or Dragon Age 2 which is the best example of something similar I can think of off the top of my head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Halo 2 really set the standard for online multiplayer at the time. Made xbox live really
    I can only imagine they want to push Halo 5 out so that it doesnt clash with Destiny this year, which would suit them both really

Pushtrak wrote: »
    The flood are kinda a big deal in terms of the story. If people wanted them gone, that's just silly. If people wanted it reduced, well we don't always get what we want.

The Flood weren't a big deal in the story really. After Halo one with the destruction of the Halo it should have been done and dusted and the fight between the covenant and the humans should have taken center stage. But then they pull this rubbish out of their arse that there's loads of Halos and the the flood are back and the whole storyline just took a nose dive into stupid. I know why they put the flood back, they screwed up with their first build and had to make the game in 9 months so it was a rush job they had to probably reuse some code and the flood code was very basic so could be created very easily but it's not an excuse for being lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The flood sections were all filler no killer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭jackthetrader

Halo 2 really set the standard for online multiplayer at the time. Made xbox live really
    I can only imagine they want to push Halo 5 out so that it doesnt clash with Destiny this year, which would suit them both really

Yeah was thinking the same. If Destiny is to become a big hit on xbox one and hopefully Bungie will deliver, why would MS want to put Halo 5 up against it. Push Halo 5 to 2015 seems more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Destiny is not an exclusive, it's on PS4 too. So I doubt Bungie are too worried there as they have cut all ties to MS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭jackthetrader

Destiny is not an exclusive, it's on PS4 too. So I doubt Bungie are too worried there as they have cut all ties to MS.

This has nothing to do with Bungie or PS4. MS dont want to release Halo 5 around the same time as Destiny comes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

This has nothing to do with Bungie or PS4. MS dont want to release Halo 5 around the same time as Destiny comes out

Ms won't care when destiny is out. Halo will be released when it's ready to be released. In November.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, I don't think those companies will want the games coming out anywhere near each other, it'd hurt both titles, regardless of platform of release.
    And a successful Destiny will benefit the Xbox One, especially if it compares well to the other ports.
    Halo 5 is a first party game, made by a company wholly owned by MS, when it makes the most fiscal sense they'll launch it, and I can't imagine them compromising the release of either title.
    We shall just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Isn't Budgie on its own at this stage and has nothing to do with MS? Destiny is not Halo and has feck all to do with halo 5 as it is made by another company too?

I don't see why this multiplatform game would benefit xbox more then ps4. I see fair leveled playing field and it will just come down to which port is better. I don't see any issues launching Destiny and halo 5 close by. The holiday game cluster**** happens each year, they never learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Isn't Budgie on its own at this stage and has nothing to do with MS? Destiny is not Halo and has feck all to do with halo 5 as it is made by another company too?

I don't see why this multiplatform game would benefit xbox more then ps4. I see fair leveled playing field and it will just come down to which port is better. I don't see any issues launching Destiny and halo 5 close by. The holiday game cluster**** happens each year, they never learn.

Bungie are on their own being published by Activision
    halo is being produced by 343

MS may move to dodge destiny but tbh i dont see too much hype for it if im honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Never said it would benefit the Xbox One more than the PS4, the PS4 has nothing to do with it, seeing as we're talking about the respective launches of a multiplatform title and an Xbox One exclusive.
    We see it in movie releases all the time, outside of critical, holiday times we see releases being staggered to make room for everyone to make money, or at least no one to get shafted.
    It'll be in their interest to keep a couple of weeks between launches, which won't be too hard at all.

And, everyone and their mother knows that Bungie are now an independent developer again, which is why Destiny is multiplatform.
    Bungies old IP Halo is owned by MS and so is being produced by an internal MS team, namely 343 Studios.
    This is all common knowledge, why make an issue out of it?

Actually, it seems that the upcoming game on the Xbox One may not be, strictly speaking, Halo 5, but another title within the Reclaimer saga, started in Halo 4, and that'll be released this year, at some point.
    If that's the case, it'll give Halo 5 plenty of elbow room, being launched in 2015.

It'll be equally interesting, when Destiny is launched all platforms, and assuming it's good, to hear PS owners fall in love with it, given the fact that up to now they have only gotten to look jealously across the fence at the Bungie titles Xbox owners got to play and wept into their Haze/Killzone boxes ;)

Now to see them rise to the bait.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's still better than having a Fisher Price Wii where every game has to have a princess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think you miss understood what I was trying to say. I just found bizarre to see talks about how they should not release halo 5 near destiny and launch it as far as possible to it.
    Those 2 are different gamed and the only things in common are: fps and Sci Fi. They can both launch same holiday season. On top of that one is multiplatform And other one is exclusive. Surely don't launch them on same day, but thats just common sense at this stage.
    By the way, I could not care less about both titles. I might look at Destiny more when it is out, but I won't buy ever another overhyped generic halo game in my life.

No need to explain me how bad situation is with holiday launches and cluster****ing games in very shot period of time. I was a gamer way too long to know it.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's still better than having a Fisher Price Wii where every game has to have a princess :)

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm surprised people care about Halo. How many is that in total now?

I usually get bored of titles after the 3rd, maybe Mario is the only game that can break this trend but halo 5, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

if titanfall isn't as good as it looks ill be waiting for halo 5 to decide whether to buy the xbone or not, 360 will do fine until then, no rush

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

RasTa wrote: »

I usually get bored of titles after the 3rd, maybe Mario is the only game that can break this trend but halo 5, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The next Halo FPS will be the 7th Halo FPS game.

RasTa wrote: »
    I like the campaigns. It was only last month or so that I got around to playing Halo 4 and had a lot of fun with the campaign. I'll probably be slow to get to Halo 5 and its campaign, but I'm sure I'll have fun with it.

Posters here might regard Halo as somehow irrelevant but I can tell you, judging by sales, there's a much larger proportion out there of potential customers that will happily part with cash for the next title in the series.
    And one cannot trumpet Killzone without acknowledging the massive influence Halo has had on the series and the desire of Sony to replicate MS and their success with the franchise.
    Destiny may have a slightly harder time on the MS console given its a new IP by a familiar developer while Halo 4 was pretty well received.

But, in another regard you are right, the tooled up Space marine is getting a bit boring at this point so it's just as well Destiny is taking a different route, being a title innovating as a single player title with online, multiplayer content, much as Dark Souls has done in the fantasy realm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Posters here might regard Halo as somehow irrelevant but I can tell you, judging by sales, there's a much larger proportion out there of potential customers that will happily part with cash for the next title in the series.
    And one cannot trumpet Killzone without acknowledging the massive influence Halo has had on the series and the desire of Sony to replicate MS and their success with the franchise.
    Destiny may have a slightly harder time on the MS console given its a new IP by a familiar developer while Halo 4 was pretty well received.

But, in another regard you are right, the tooled up Space marine is getting a bit boring at this point so it's just as well Destiny is taking a different route, being a title innovating as a single player title with online, multiplayer content, much as Dark Souls has done in the fantasy realm.

*cough*Demons*cough*Souls*cough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

abbir wrote: »

They're really riding that IP train at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I'm still angry at all the stunts Microsoft tried to pull last year at and after E3, to say i was p**sed off when all i heard was kinect, TV, TV, TV and USA centric features is an understatement and compounded when it was revealed that most xbox 1 games were in 720p and the TV, TV, TV features didn't work outside of the USA.

After owning all previous Microsoft consoles, I won't be buying the xbox 1, i had a look at forza 5 while in Smyths Galway last year and I have to say the game looked awful, lots of jaggies and that's a 1080p game! I thought it was a 360 game.

I own all 3 last gen consoles, but this gen I'm with Sony's PS4 and maybe a WII U for the kids later this year. No bloody way am i splashing out 500 euro for Ryse or Titanfall, hopefully the 360's Titanfall is good. I'd love Microsoft to take a good kicking in the sales department for them to cop on to reality, it worked well for Sony last gen.

That's my 2 cents worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

abbir wrote: »

Halo: Combat Evolved
    Halo 2
    Halo 3
    Halo 3: ODST
    Halo: Reach
    Halo: Anniversary
    Halo 4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement