Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

tok9 wrote: »
    I've never heard of that site but that article sounds like a load of sh*te.

To play online MP you must have PS Plus... that's it.
    And tbh, if you have a playstation, it's madness not having ps plus.
    Well asking which console a person is getting can also be indirectly seen as a question asking what is your next move/purchase for new games. Limiting it to consoles leaves out a huge response from people who are getting neither, either from building/buying a PC, being satisfied with their current PC or being satisfied with their current console. The idea is someone says what platform they'll be playing on in the future and why that platform is superior to its competitor, granting it a purchase. A user saying they'll get a PC because it runs games at a higher performance is not this whole 'pc master race' it's just person who believes there's a better purchase available to them than the dichotomy the thread title (and game stores' propaganda) suggests, and hopefully they're saying it in order to make that information available to other users so they can make better purchases too, as is the hope of a social forum in a free market society.

But meh, Ps4eVARz. (jk)
    I can understand the frustration with the PC guys, because we all know what they can do, but if you want a console, you want a console.
    I reckon I'll hold off for a year and decide then. Only problem I have is that I prefer to relax in a sitting room couch with joypad, so in online shooters I'd get destroyed by the mouse and keyboard guys!
    But people getting excited by skype on a console, or if it has netflix, or if it can play mp3s must sound funny to the pc guys. Same with the whole media library layout, or if the hd is upgradable etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

peteeeed wrote: »

Looks like another website talking **** to get some traffic in...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Cienciano wrote: »
    I can understand the frustration with the PC guys, because we all know what they can do,

Oh I wish. I've come across people who don't even understand what i mean when I say a game plays at a higher framerate, or it has proper AA, or larger draw distance.
    Cienciano wrote: »
    Only problem I have is that I prefer to relax in a sitting room couch with joypad, so in online shooters I'd get destroyed by the mouse and keyboard guys!

I know what you mean. I'm hoping steam living room will bridge the gap for that, along with the controller. It'd still probably be a death wish going in even with the steam controller against KB/M users, though. I actually cannot stand shooters with a gamepad anymore.

I have a PS3, and I do NOT have PS+. Mostly because my ps3's hard drive is pretty much full and I wouldn't even be able to download more than 2 of the free PS+ games available. I'm guessing I'll only be buying the new MGS and Dark Souls 2 perhaps as my final purchases for the system. Currently it's just used for TTT2 and used to be GTA V but the online is just terrible so I'm not going back to that until it's patched or maybe PC version.

It'd be very interesting if PS4 supported Kb/M options, because that would throw a wrench into online shooters for the system :P I remember someone wanted to trade me a kb/m device for ps3 on adverts, I had never heard of one before but if they're accurate I don't know why it hasn't been a bigger problem already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

peteeeed wrote: »

They are and it is true, except for the fact that we have known this since E3 and it is known as PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

PS4 for me, but in 2 years time...
    Got a PS3 during the summer just gone so have PS+ for the next 13 or so months, which will cover me for free games for the PS3 and also the PS4(fingers crossed).

Also have my Wii U so I'm already onto the Next Gen ;-p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Definitely PS4 although I'll wait about 18 months for it to build a decent catalogue of games. also don't think I can forgive the xbox ones rubbish announcement video.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It'd be very interesting if PS4 supported Kb/M options, because that would throw a wrench into online shooters for the system :P.

If it did, I'd immediately go to the top of my shopping list (putting it above an SSD and a new Graphics card). The problem is Sony (or Microsoft) can't sell controllers for €45 and then let it slip that a €10 mouse and €10 keyboard will utterly wipe the floor with anyone on one of those €45 devices :)

If they released a special branded and chipped combo for anything up to €100, I'd consider it. There's no denying the convenience of a console and I don't mind stepping out of the hardware arms race (and it's associated costs) one bit if I can have a proper option for controlling games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I don't understand why they dont support them either. Yeah it would be unfair in shooters... but tbh... i wouldn't even mind if they just disabled it or had a separation between k+m and gamepad users. The ability to not only play RTS/MMO's/Moba's/etc but also the incentive for developers to develop more of those kind of games would be sweet.

I guess it was tried with the PS3 and it didn't take off at all, but when you have games like LoL and Dota with playerbases that dwarf even call of duty... you'd have thought they'd want some of that action too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

As someone who played more than a little bit of Quake III on the Dreamcast with a keyboard and mouse, it just isn't fair or, after a while, fun. You dominate so much that it becomes boring and you're never, ever going to have a level playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

I think if people want to use Keyboard and mouse on consoles the option should be there for them to do so, and let them play with folks that use a controller. For a while consoles seemed to be all about the different features they could offer and now, not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Magill wrote: »
    I don't understand why they dont support them either. Yeah it would be unfair in shooters...

I've asked this question to a few developers, and they've told me, in respect to the PS3, that the console does actually technically support KBM, but the developers themselves opt never to use it because of balancing issues

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Different lobbies for KB/m and ones for Controllers might be a good idea. Althought that splits the users.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

This weeks Final Bosman had a great take on the new console war

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/3iw7co/the-final-bosman-the-battle-of-the-bands

Paying "Titus Fallen" to not play for the other band, haha.

I love Kyle Bosman. Watched that earlier and it was really funny and true. Really loved at Sony guys being that badies :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are gamestop still taking pre orders for xbox 1?

Launch-Games-With-Digital.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

They managed to fit power supply inside too... damn.... WTF takes up so much space in god damn Xbox one?! :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

They managed to fit power supply inside too... damn.... WTF takes up so much space in god damn Xbox one?! :confused:

Looks like an absolute trouncing on all levels. One developer made mention of the 720p being due to the processing power taken over for internal xbox ****e.

Forza was the only thing that might have swayed me but it's doing the usual trick of cutting down on tracks and releasing most of its new cars as dlc. With project cars coming on the ps4 that's my last reason gone. I've been xbox since 2004.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

About 1/3 of the internal space of the X1 is empty and used for airflow. Awful waste of space and bad design imo. MS never really were about designing and manufacturing hardware like Sony though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Didn't realise Blacklight: Retribution was launch for the PS4. It's a brilliant game on PC and could find a real following on the PS4 - especially with the disappointment that is COD: Ghosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Didn't realise Blacklight: Retribution was launch for the PS4. It's a brilliant game on PC and could find a real following on the PS4 - especially with the disappointment that it COD: Ghosts.

Will be running in 1080p as well and with 60 FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to actually play DC online for a bit, only ever played the beta on PS3 and it was fun for a time but wasn't going to pay a sub for it (f2p now).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Varik wrote: »
    Going to actually play DC online for a bit, only ever played the beta on PS3 and it was fun for a time but wasn't going to pay a sub for it (f2p now).

I started playing it and enjoyed....then they needed a really big update and my harddrive was full so I never went on after that. Its a game I always meant to go back. Does the PC and PS have unified servers?

It's a lot of fun with friends if you can convince them to download the whole thing. Which I did.

Fun was had!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who's willing to spend $1000 to get something they can't use until the 22nd?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261324380642

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I'm assuming it was a next gen game? Sure most of them are for sale in NA now

Xbox One Console, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah was a one. Apparently Target shipped it early to the lister. Guess Microsoft were in touch. There were no bids when I posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement