Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

The console itself has been banned apparently, so it's basically useless now. There's a big thread on NeoGAF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

danthefan wrote: »
    The console itself has been banned apparently, so it's basically useless now. There's a big thread on NeoGAF.

I think that is very unfair on the consumer in this case, provided of course that his story is true and he did come by the console legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I might buy a PS4 eventually, maybe a second hand one in a few years. Mostly for the driving games which are much nicer when played with a controller instead of a KB and mouse. But at the moment neither console can drag me away from my PC. It's kinda funny watching the debate though, "new" advances in console tech such as a constant 60 fps, 1080p resolution and removable hard drives, things that have been standard for years on PC.

I was playing COD on my friends PS3 a few days ago, the graphics were grand but my god I can't hit a thing using those controllers!! How the hell do you play shooters with them??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

MadYaker wrote: »
    How the hell do you play shooters with them??

Using them regularly, they're fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I think that is very unfair on the consumer in this case, provided of course that his story is true and he did come by the console legally.

I would agree, I think Target just sent it to him/her early, nothing dodgy about how they acquired it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They sent it to him early, he had it all paid off and it is his property when it is in his possession, he can do what he likes with it, well within reason of course, but Microsoft are coming across as real dicks with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, it is a bit grey area here. I know for sure, that if I would get one early myself, then posting it all over twitter would be the last thing on my mind.

MS did a Dick move for sure. Its not his fault Target fecked up. Though he was pushing it too by massively posting about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

PS4 is cheaper, better exclusives (imo) and has better graphics/more powerful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I'm guessing it will be unbanned on the 22nd. Not wrong for Microsoft to do that, They would of banned his xbox live aswell otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »
    They sent it to him early, he had it all paid off and it is his property when it is in his possession, he can do what he likes with it, well within reason of course, but Microsoft are coming across as real dicks with this.

Sony would do the same
    its a new console which should'nt be released, I agree it was'nt his fault but it is his fault trying to sell it early well before release and posting youtube videos
    ms are well in the right to brick the console as hes breaking terms and conditions and a number of copy right laws
    ms are dicks but the person trying to sell it is a mongo, if its bricked I'm sure he will get a replacement off the store , surprized they have it in this early

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Sony would do the same
    its a new console which should'nt be released, I agree it was'nt his fault but it is his fault trying to sell it early well before release and posting youtube videos
    ms are well in the right to brick the console as hes breaking terms and conditions and a number of copy right laws
    ms are dicks but the person trying to sell it is a mongo, if its bricked I'm sure he will get a replacement off the store , surprized they have it in this early

He should of not of tried to sell it, and I agree with you, reckon any company would be dicks about this, if I was him I would not of told anyone and enjoyed playing it, he had games as well for it, oh well some people have to showboat and be in the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    , surprized they have it in this early

Not unreasonable I'd imagine. The US launch is 6 days away. Better safe than risking a JIT delivery and many angry customers.

An email I got form Gamestop said they will be shipping out PS4s here on the 27th and 28th to make sure it's delivery by the 29th to customers. I'd say Gamestop will have most if not all their first batch stock in their main warehouse by the 22nd at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Sony confirmed via Twitter that they will not ban any PS4s connected before the official launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sony confirmed via Twitter that they will not ban any PS4s connected before the official launch.

Pretty childish response really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Who? Josey or Sony? I'm not seeing it in either.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Who? Josey or Sony? I'm not seeing it in either.

Sony. They are just trying to get one up on MS, when realistically there's only a slim chance of a PS4 getting posted early.

Sony. They are just trying to get one up on MS, when realistically there's only a slim chance of a PS4 getting posted early.
    Shu was asked a direct question and answered with "no". Reading too much in to it, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Shu was asked a question and answered it. Hardly childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

Microsoft are somewhat notorious for banning consoles, mainly for accessing free content from other regions among other things, Sony have only gone as far as banning accounts, so it is inline with their policies what Shu has said.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Shu was asked a question and answered it. Hardly childish.

He's hardly going to say yes now is he?

He's hardly going to say yes now is he?

He could have said nothing if he wanted to... that's generally what people do when it's bad news.

I'm assuming that guy was banned for throwing up pictures etc as it wasn't his fault he was sent the console early.

tok9 wrote: »
    He could have said nothing if he wanted to... that's generally what people do when it's bad news.

I'm assuming that guy was banned for throwing up pictures etc as it wasn't his fault he was sent the console early.

Here's how business works. When you're direct competitor gets bad press you don't just say nothing. You say what buyers want to hear and in doing so make yourself look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Here's how business works. When you're direct competitor gets bad press you don't just say nothing. You say what buyers want to hear and in doing so make yourself look good.

And childish?

He was asked a direct question. Should he have ignored the question? If yes, why? If no, you don't have a leg to stand on.

That's not how business works and if is is it makes your initial comment even more bizarre if you actually expected this outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I can't wait until these consoles are out for 6 months at least and then maybe all this(not just on here) childish bickering on the Internet will fall away to the background. I hope both machines do fantastic and as a result create even more competition for each other. Roll on the next gen when we really are spoiled for choice as gamers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I can't wait until these consoles are out for 6 months at least and then maybe all this(not just on here) childish bickering on the Internet will fall away to the background. I hope both machines do fantastic and as a result create even more competition for each other. Roll on the next gen when we really are spoiled for choice as gamers

You mean like how all the bickering between 360 and PS3 fanboys disappeared? :pac:

Grayditch wrote: »
    And childish?

All the stupid petty arguing and trying to get one up that is going on before the consoles are released is childish IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

DrMorphine wrote: »
    I'm guessing it will be unbanned on the 22nd. Not wrong for Microsoft to do that, They would of banned his xbox live aswell otherwise

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/09/e...x-one-details/

A Microsoft spokesperson tells Engadget that the Xbox One consoles some consumers received by accident well ahead of launch on November 22nd cannot access Xbox Live until closer to launch. The statement says: "Due to a retail partner's system issue, a very small number of Xbox One consoles were shipped to consumers before the November 22 street date. We're pleased to see the initial response to Xbox One has been so positive, but given we are still putting the finishing touches on our games, UI and online services, as well as confidential partner and media agreements, these consoles units will be restricted from connecting to Xbox Live until closer to our launch date."

Major Nelson via NeoGAF: "I am trying to get in touch with him…but I guess he is still sleeping from his all night Xbox One bender. I hopefully can chat with him today and get this sorted out ASAP."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement