Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Indeed.

The thread title should be changed to the Church of Sony :D

Or the church of "but we have titanfall the greatest game of all time" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

cadete wrote: »
    Or the church of "but we have titanfall the greatest game of all time" :rolleyes:

or the church of "but ps+ has....":rolleyes:
    nothing but bickering , not even debates anymore or conversations :pac: its all
    we have this and we have that so we are the greatest

its quite funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Or the church of lets stop talking about churches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Insulting the thread made it turn bad. Who would have thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

So don't all the games for both systems looks great :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They all have lovely bottoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

jenjenten wrote: »

This type of stuff isn't really news any more. I challenge someone to post it next time the Xbox out performs the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

more bad news for gamers

sniper elite is awfull:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

more bad news for the xbone....now sniper elite 3 will be on it

Fixed your post for you. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

PC are better hurr durrr

Sniper Elite games are cool.

For a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

RasTa wrote: »
    This type of stuff isn't really news any more. I challenge someone to post it next time the Xbox out performs the PS4

b64a1a1e_Tumbleweed_rolling_2.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    or the church of "but ps+ has....":rolleyes:
    nothing but bickering , not even debates anymore or conversations :pac: its all
    we have this and we have that so we are the greatest

its quite funny :D

Nothing but bickering about people bickering. This thread has gone to ****!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I blame deadybai.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭jackthetrader

PS4 exclusive The Order: 1886 is a 30fps 1080p experience with no multiplayer. Sounds good

PS4 exclusive The Order: 1886 is a 30fps 1080p experience with no multiplayer. Sounds good

Ready at Dawn are a small studio thus releasing a game from them this early after the PS4 release was never going to unlock the consoles full strengths. To expect otherwise would have been silly. I don't really get how this could be negative. Apart from some people using 60 FPS on PS4 as a purpose to put down Xbox One. Which I'd like to point out I don't necessarily agree with. Games can look amazing at 30FPS. Frame rate caps at that level won't make a huge difference unless the studio screw up.

I'm sure the game will look absolutely fine though as Ready at Dawn aren't too bad at working within constraints.

As for the multiplayer? Ha... So every game that comes out now has to incorporate multiplayer? Sorry for being old school but no it doesn't. It'll have a target audience and I'm sure it'll appeal to them.

So pretending you're not being sarcastic. Yes, yes it does sound good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Single player only is a selling point to me, and 30 FPS isn't an issue. It's an open question if the game will be any good, though.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Single player only is a selling point to me, and 30 FPS isn't an issue. It's an open question if the game will be any good, though.

Agree..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Pushtrak wrote: »

Single player >>> multiplayer anyway.

I'm hopeful for it. I think it'll be my kind of game as I'm an uncharted fan and it's TPS and story based.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I reckon something like the port of GTAV will show the consoles off, can't see either company allowing a p1ss poor port of it appearing on their hardware given they tend to be slow burners that sell well for the duration of the consoles lifespan.
    But, as some are fond of saying, I should just buy a new graphics card for my PC and get GTAV for that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Xb1 can't play some 3rd party games at full fps/resolution
    Neither can PS4, in Tomb Raider it is showing huge dips in frame rate. The PS4 like Xbox One is not yet capable of holding a sustained 60 FPS at 1080p. Lets be real about it.
    PS4 Move will cost an extra ~€60 to give it "Kinect-like powers"
    Pure speculation, and at the moment I am speculating that its not a patch on the Kinect 2.0 tech.
    Both have voice commands.
    The PS4 voice commands feature isn't in the same league as the XB1 voice commands. Even the Sony instructional video has the guy speaking louder than usual to work it. Also on Xbox one you can power Off/On your Console/TV/amps by using the Kinect voice command "Xbox On".

XB1 has a Twitch app, PS4 doesn't. The XB1 does not having Twitch streaming but that will be coming in the next few months.

XB1 has a really great YouTube app, PS4 does not have a YouTube app.

XB1 has Skype, PS4 does not.

The Xbox One controller is far superior to the DualShock4 controller. The DS4 is a massive improvement from DS3.

The Xbox video editing app is miles ahead of the PS4's video editor. MS Upload studio allows you to upload your videos to Skydrive, from here you can post your video any where. PS4 only allows you to upload videos to Facebook.

The Xbox One has an HDMI input. - I use my Apple TV2 to seemliness switch from gaming to watching a movie or live TV. I can control the volume and mute function by using voice commands. I can steam a PS4 through it and actually check my XB1's friend activity while playing the PS4 :D

Here is a list of media apps on XB1 UK at present. If your like me your Xbox is set to UK region.
    4oD
    Crackle
    Eurosport
    Amazon/LOVEFiLM
    MUZU.TV
    NOW TV
    TED
    Twitch
    Wuaki.tv
    YouTube
    Netflix
    Machinima
    Demand 5
    Blinkbox

Oh yeah and TITANFALL is not on PS4 :pac:
    Awaiting the quotes from our resident Sony Apostles. Amen. :D
    "I'll just play it on my PC"
    "Titanfall is cod with mechs"
    "Titanfail", ohhh its going to be ****"
    "I don't trust thousands of people and awarding bodies telling me that the game is awesome"
    "I dont get the hype, its so unoriginal"
    There is no trendsetter campaign mode, I am out.

At the Church of Sony, they are praying for Titanfall to fail lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The above post shows it as it is, the X1 is a media box while the PS4 is a games console first and fore most, "for the gamers" as Sony puts it. I haven't used my X1 since I got the PS4 at launch, used the X1 for 1 week for Forza 5 and DR3 and have not turned it on since.

Was that supposed to make people like Xbox One more?

irishmover wrote: »
    Was that supposed to make people like Xbox One more?
    No, it's just supposed to show what it does. Simples. It's not there to motivate or entice. Laying down some facts.

The above post shows it as it is, the X1 is a media box while the PS4 is a games console first and fore most, "for the gamers" as Sony puts it. I haven't used my X1 since I got the PS4 at launch, used the X1 for 1 week for Forza 5 and DR3 and have not turned it on since.
    I found the XB1 launch titles were stronger. I have to say both consoles had much better launch titles than the last gen.

Sony says they are all about the games, but so far it's all talk. I am not seeing a sign of a game/s that makes me think I have to buy a PS4, the XB1 as well.

No, it's just supposed to show what it does. Simples. It's not there to motivate or entice. Laying down some facts.

Seems like you were promoting a media box. Showing how it's much more of a media box than the PS4. If anything it's putting more of a negative spin on your desire to want more people to like the Xbox One.

Most of what you posted was a waste of time as it's worthless information for most people who plays games.

irishmover wrote: »
    Seems like you were promoting a media box. Showing how it's much more of a media box than the PS4. If anything it's putting more of a negative spin on your desire to want more people to like the Xbox One.

Most of what you posted was a waste of time as it's worthless information for most people who plays games.
    Boo hoo, just stating what it does. How it's perceived is of no interest to me. Every time there is an comparison done here of both consoles the Xbox seems to lose many of its benefits and features mysteriously :D

Anyone who has played both consoles knows there isn't much difference between the 2. Some games are slightly better in the graphics department. UI is much simpler and faster on PS4. Xbox got off to a better start games wise, thats not saying much for either console.

The PS4 is a multimedia device as well. I laugh when the Sony choir tell me that the PS4 is some hardcore games device and the Xbox one isn't a gaming system for gamers. :D

Boo hoo, just stating what it does. How it's perceived is of no interest to me. Every time there is an comparison done here of both consoles the Xbox seems to lose many of its benefits and features mysteriously :D

Anyone who has played both consoles knows there isn't much difference between the 2. Some games are slightly better in the graphics department. UI is much simpler and faster on PS4. Xbox got off to a better start games wise, thats not saying much for either console.

The PS4 is a multimedia device as well. I laugh when the Sony choir tell me that the PS4 is some hardcore games device and the Xbox one isn't a gaming system for gamers. :D

**** me you are delusional.

• Advertisement

Remember when we are all happy with Halo 1.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement