Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

irishmover wrote: »
    **** me you are delusional.
    :cool:
    Lol, Your not into Scientology by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

:cool:
    Lol, Your not into Scientology by any chance?

Hang on, just connecting to twitter on my Xbox One to tweet about Scientology and then going to watch some Tom Cruise videos on my Xbox Ones amazing YouTube app. Back in 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

XB1 has a Twitch app, PS4 doesn't.

THEY REMOVED TWITCH FROM THE PS4?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Anyone who has played both consoles knows there isn't much difference between the 2.

Not true in the slightest. PS4 is far superior due to the dog poor interface of the XBO - says a guy who's technically got 2 of each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

If we're going down this road again, Titanfall could be good, but it'll have nothing on uncharted. Naughty dog is reason enough to own a PS4 on its own. MS doesn't have a studio that can match it.

And on the controller, the X1 controller is not far superior. The DS4 is improved hugely, it's just preference at this stage and nearly all reviews I've seen have said the same. There's very little difference between the two controllers and I've played with both.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    If we're going down this road again, Titanfall could be good, but it'll have nothing on uncharted. Naughty dog is reason enough to own a PS4 on its own. MS doesn't have a studio that can match it.

And that there is the definitive statement on two games that haven't been released yet and nobody has played in their finished forms.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actual gametime is a far better measure than speculation and youtube video.

Titanfall could be awful, but then a new Uncharted could suck as well, especially if it forgets the gameplay and focuses on the cutscenes.
    As much as I have enjoyed the Uncharted series, there is a certain simplicity to it all, it is never demanding of the player, in the same way the likes of Far Cry 2 and 3 expected you to work.
    I would try not to be dazzled by the visuals and take a closer look at how much game you actually get to play.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And that there is the definitive statement on two games that haven't been released yet and nobody has played in their finished forms.

I said if we were going down that route again. Uncharted has a good track record and titanfall is a new, multiplayer only game. Neither have released yet, so the discussion shouldn't be ended in "uncharted" no more than "Titanfall" because titanfall doesn't have any track record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Neither can PS4, in Tomb Raider it is showing huge dips in frame rate. The PS4 like Xbox One is not yet capable of holding a sustained 60 FPS at 1080p. Lets be real about it.

XB1 has a Twitch app, PS4 doesn't. The XB1 does not having Twitch streaming but that will be coming in the next few months.

XB1 has a really great YouTube app, PS4 does not have a YouTube app.

XB1 has Skype, PS4 does not.

The Xbox One controller is far superior to the DualShock4 controller. The DS4 is a massive improvement from DS3.

The Xbox video editing app is miles ahead of the PS4's video editor. MS Upload studio allows you to upload your videos to Skydrive, from here you can post your video any where. PS4 only allows you to upload videos to Facebook.

The Xbox One has an HDMI input. - I use my Apple TV2 to seemliness switch from gaming to watching a movie or live TV. I can control the volume and mute function by using voice commands. I can steam a PS4 through it and actually check my XB1's friend activity while playing the PS4 :D

Here is a list of media apps on XB1 UK at present. If your like me your Xbox is set to UK region.
    4oD
    Crackle
    Eurosport
    Amazon/LOVEFiLM
    MUZU.TV
    NOW TV
    TED
    Twitch
    Wuaki.tv
    YouTube
    Netflix
    Machinima
    Demand 5
    Blinkbox

O

joelbanderas.gif

I actually cant believe you mentioned having a twitch app as a plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

irishmover wrote: »
    Seems like you were promoting a media box. Showing how it's much more of a media box than the PS4. If anything it's putting more of a negative spin on your desire to want more people to like the Xbox One.

Most of what you posted was a waste of time as it's worthless information for most people who plays games.

It also plays games, funnily enough. The Kinect is integral to the whole experience - OS, games, media. and the media aspect is one of it's selling points, if you don't want it then that's fine, but why criticise people who do want it? Why do you care?

Developers will get the resolution within touching distance of the PS4, no doubt about it. Sooner than you think. Some will not want to wait, others will wait, others simply won't care.

I had a go on the Kinect last night, taking advice given on here on board that its a load of rubbish. You either have never used it and don't know what you are talking about or you've tried it out on an xbox that hasn't been configured properly for the environment, or (most likely) you just didn't know how to use it. I thought it was absolutely fantastic! And it can only get better. Developers are raging about what they can do with the technology, it's early days but it will only get better as the console evolves. What new in game technology has the PS4 got? A speaker on the controller and a touch pad.....wow :rolleyes:

Most PS4 fans are saying graphics is all that matters, because graphics is all the PS4 has to offer. Period. PS Eye faces the same issues the first Kinect did. It's an optional extra and will get very little or no development. Technology wise, Kinect is far superior. The touted VR headset is no more than a set of TV goggles. Sony do not have the money to invest in any serious next-gen technology. They are fighting a propaganda campaign and it is working. Power to them, competition is good for all after all. The outcome of their campaign will be that the Xbox will get stronger. If there wasn't all this resolution-gate fiasco then you can be sure as anything MS would do nothing about it. So I guess Xbox owners have the MS hatters to thank. It's all good.

Anyway it's an Xbox One for me, I'm picking it up at the weekend. Xbox fitness and Zumba for the wife, Sports rivals for me and the kids and I also get my serious gaming (also with Kinect features thrown in), on the best multiplayer platform there is. Albeit at a lower resolution (whoopee doo, whatever). It also meets all my media needs.

Funny thing is, I'm getting called an MS fan boy here. I genuinely came here undecided and open to either console. The Fanboy-ism, bitterness and outright ignorance an immaturity is a major contributor to why I'm going against the PS4. I don't remember any of this for 360 Vs PS3. Maybe the Xbox is for old dudes?

At the end of the day, when we're all engrossed in our games, nobody really cares, nobody can honestly even tell the difference, that's the reality. Grow up everyone. Just play and be happy whatever hardware you are using.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

wrt40 wrote: »
    I don't remember any of this for 360 Vs PS3.

You must have been living under a cave circa 2006 because it was worse then.

Developers are raging about what they can do with the technology, it's early days but it will only get better as the console evolves. What new in game technology has the PS4 got? A speaker on the controller and a touch pad.....wow :rolleyes:

Are they? Which ones? I know the console has being out 4 months now and has released 2 games with 1 scoring 0/10 from most places.

What games are coming in the future?

You are also displaying high levels of fanboy status not comparing the xbox camera with the PS camera.

RasTa wrote: »
    What games are coming in the future?

You are also displaying high levels of fanboy status not comparing the xbox camera with the PS camera.

More than Sony. The PS camera is a far inferior product and will get no investment from developers due to it being an optional (inferior) product. And if you want to throw it into the argument then you also need to take away your argument hat PS4 is €100 cheaper. Drop that down to €40 cheaper, with a far inferior product with no potential.

I'm simply answering peoples questions (I'll resist calling them vitriolic comments). I'm not a fan boy. I would quite happily buy a PS4. Maybe I still will one day, but I simply think the Xbox is better value and better suits my needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Why would somebody come into a thread looking for plus points on a console only to dismiss everything, take absolutely nothing on board and harp on about the opposition.
    Weird.

More than Sony. The PS camera is a far inferior product and will get no investment from developers due to it being an optional (inferior) product. And if you want to throw it into the argument then you also need to take away your argument hat PS4 is €100 cheaper. Drop that down to €40 cheaper, with a far inferior product with no potential.

I'm simply answering peoples questions (I'll resist calling them vitriolic comments). I'm not a fan boy. I would quite happily buy a PS4. Maybe I still will one day, but I simply think the Xbox is better value and better suits my needs.

You still haven't told me what games the developers are raging about and what ones are coming in the future?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You must have been living under a cave circa 2006 because it was worse then.
    Ok, so your day has come. enjoy it.

You still haven't told me what games the developers are raging about and what ones are coming in the future?

They are raving about the features and extra dimensions the Kinect gives to them in general. I agree there is a certain risk, because at the moment it is all potential. I've played fitness and sports rivals myself, I'm not talking about reviews or other peoples opinions or potential when I say I really like it and I'm looking forward to it evolve. Yes, maybe it won't evolve. But that's highly unlikely. Xbox One is all about Kinect. The console is a huge success already and there is no talk about it failing other than vitriolic immature comments from PS4 fanboys who have a chip on their shoulder from being 2nd fiddle last generation, with the reality that nobody but themselves really gave a sh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

It's like watching a car crash in slow motion...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If I'm wrong here, then I'm wrong, but why didn't you just come on and talk about the things you liked about the Xbox rather than pretend you needed help/info? Makes no odds to most here what console you go for, but it was a frustrating few pages of the thread, and pretty unusual.

You seemed to dismiss a lot of good advice, just because it was pro Sony and effectively call the thread ultimately helpful and to be honest, it felt like a bit of a ruse.

Ain't nothing wrong with liking the Xbox One, but this was a waste of time and it caused unnecessary annoyance.

Why would somebody come into a thread looking for plus points on a console only to dismiss everything, take absolutely nothing on board and harp on about the opposition.
    Weird.

I don't think much of the plus points. simple. I have to believe everything people say on the internet and not come to my own judgement? Especially when its all mostly immature fanboy vitriolic ignorant rubbish? Are you seriously going to criticise me for having my own opinion? Weird :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Xbox One is all about Kinect.

You keep saying this, or that it's "integral", without anything to back it up bar some anonymous developers who apparently love it.

For me, and everyone else I know who has one, it's far from it.

Grayditch wrote: »
    If I'm wrong here, then I'm wrong
    You're wrong. I don't really care to elaborate further.

They are raving about the features and extra dimensions the Kinect gives to them in general. I agree there is a certain risk, because at the moment it is all potential. I've played fitness and sports rivals myself, I'm not talking about reviews or other peoples opinions or potential when I say I really like it and I'm looking forward to it evolve. Yes, maybe it won't evolve. But that's highly unlikely. Xbox One is all about Kinect. The console is a huge success already and there is no talk about it failing other than vitriolic immature comments from PS4 fanboys who have a chip on their shoulder from being 2nd fiddle last generation, with the reality that nobody but themselves really gave a sh!t.

This is more waffling and insults to PS users for no reason at all. The only chip in here is on your shoulder.

Now with some links, what developers are raging about features and simply what game could I look forward to playing within the next 6 months.

Here is a link of saying they might not use the kinect in order to boost the graphical performance

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/01/28/rumor-xbox-one-might-be-getting-gpu-performance-patch/

It's also slating the functionality of the Xbox fitness

maximoose wrote: »
    You keep saying this, or that it's "integral", without anything to back it up bar some anonymous developers who apparently love it.

For me, and everyone else I know who has one, it's far from it.
    There is no mystery to it. There is nothing to back up. If you don't think it is integral to MS's strategy for this generation then you have missed the point and are very short sighted if you think there is no potential.

If a camera was integral to the games on the PS4 or X1 I'd be done with games for good.

Kinect is no good for games. That's been seen over the 4 or so odd years it's been out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

There is no mystery to it. There is nothing to back up. If you don't think it is integral to MS's strategy for this generation then you have missed the point and are very short sighted if you think there is no potential.

So no actual proof that this is integral to developers then??

OK... Next!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

You're wrong and I don't care to elaborate any further either.

Thank god I didn't waste my time writing an actual reply...

This is more waffling and insults to PS users for no reason at all. The only chip in here is on your shoulder.

Now with some links, what developers are raging about features and simply what game could I look forward to playing within the next 6 months.

Here is a link of saying they might not use the kinect in order to boost the graphical performance

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/01/28/rumor-xbox-one-might-be-getting-gpu-performance-patch/

It's also slating the functionality of the Xbox fitness
    I've played it myself, I love it, I have my own opinion. That's all that matters.

There is talk of them freeing up CPU power if developers don't want to use Kinect. There's no point having 10% GPU power sitting idle if its not being used. This is a plus, not a negative. MS are responding to criticism and coming up with solutions. I see nothing negative about that.

Look, I'm getting criticised for answering questions and responding to comments and having my own opinion . I also got criticised a while back by a mod for not answering questions and responding to comments. At this stage I'm going round in circles arguing the same points over and over. I've made my choice on consoles, I'm out.

Baaaa (sorry, couldn't resist!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't think so, I was being polite, but from now on, it'll just be easier to talk about both honestly without people feeling like they're wasting time.

Anyway, I wouldn't back the Kinect myself. For something that's integral, they've just allowed devs to knock it off at will.

If they're gonna force a motion camera on people at launch is was mmmmmmeeeennntal to not release a universally fun game with it like Wii Sports or something. Delaying the Kinect Sports was a probably a gut punch to the few that care about the thing.

Future potential? Maybe. Current ball and chain. I think so.

• Advertisement

Well that was entertaining, think it was a bored troll.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement