Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Grayditch wrote: »
    Just unfollow the thread?

This thread will be some laugh during E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I cannot wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I won't be getting a PS4 as I'll be getting a One at some stage for Halo, but it is pretty disheartening to see a big gap between the consoles this early. Perhaps it'll improve in time, wouldn't be looking at buying until November in any case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As a place to contain the fanboys this thread serves too well for me to lock it.

Even trapped a few Nintendo fanboys in too.

Gotta catch em' all, indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

I'll throw my tuppence worth in here about the Xbox One. It's still in beta and should never have been released. With every new console cycle you're supposed to build on the strengths of the previous generation, the 360 was brilliant and I still have two of them as for the Xbox one, it just frustrates the hell out of me.

Voice messages - gone
    Ability to play mp4/avi via USB - gone
    Party chat - omfg that's a joke
    Kinect Voice commands do not work unless your location is set to UK, then you cannot purchase anything from the store as your location is incorrect.
    Controller eats batteries, constant disconnects when chat headset is plugged in.
    No support for gaming headsets yet. Need the adapter.
    Give me a button to record in the Game dvr (see note re voice commands)
    Previous players list has dissappeared, always handy when you've found a good team player to add back into a game
    UPC/Sky integration, audio pass through from HDMI issue with Horizon box.

I will not even mention the BF4 debacle.

There's more but I'm only getting stressed typing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

BF4 isn't any fault of xbox though, is it?

Agree with most of your other points though, bar the batteries. I get a serious amount of playtime out of my rechargable batts, definitely doesn't eat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Just unfollow the thread?

I can't. It's like a car crash, no matter how disturbing one can not look away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Does it feel like the 1980's charging up your batteries? I still can't get around that fact, 3 consoles now and all needing batteries.

It's actually a pretty big reason not to get an Xbox imo

It reminds me of this clip

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jenjenten wrote: »
    +1.....think everything has been said at this stage.......

...........the PS4 has won!!

:D
    The wii u wipes the likes of both next gen consoles from its nose :D

Of course i jest ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

I won't be getting a PS4 as I'll be getting a One at some stage for Halo, but it is pretty disheartening to see a big gap between the consoles this early. Perhaps it'll improve in time, wouldn't be looking at buying until November in any case.

You could possibly buy both? Though I have to say, buying an entire console for one game that hasn't even been made yet is a bit ridiculous to my mind, to each his own. :)
    I think you've got the right idea about waiting though, it's really too early to tell for sure where the consoles are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

RasTa wrote: »

There are plenty of reasons to not get an xbox, the fact the controller needs batteries is a stupid one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

That's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Does it feel like the 1980's charging up your batteries? I still can't get around that fact, 3 consoles now and all needing batteries.

You have to be joking. Also there is a huge benefit to having replaceable batteries. You've guessed it. They can be replaced. Also internal batteries like every battery eventually lose their charge.

You have to be joking. Also there is a huge benefit to having replaceable batteries. You've guessed it. They can be replaced. Also internal batteries like every battery eventually lose their charge.

True, but I have to say the old PS3 controller batteries are still lasting several days of gaming.
    I think it just adds to the price of the controller when it needs batteries, so you'd want to add about a fiver in your head for a Xbox controller (because you want rechargeable batteries, right?)

True, but I have to say the old PS3 controller batteries are still lasting several days of gaming.
    The PS3 controller lasted you that long without charging? How long do you play per day? I found the PS3 controller was terrible, and had to be charged far more than I'd like. It wouldn't have made any odds to me in the least except for the fact the lead is so damn short. I see stuff saying that the PS4 controller battery isn't great either. I think the lead is a lot longer for the charger though, right?

I think it just adds to the price of the controller when it needs batteries, so you'd want to add about a fiver in your head for a Xbox controller (because you want rechargeable batteries, right?)
    True. A small price to pay for an exceptional controller. Both controllers use batteries that have to be charged. However if the XB1 is running low I can just place in new batteries and away I go, where a PS4 user has to wire in to get their charge.

I'd go with a wire charge over changing batteries. Also, I've two controllers, so it's a non issue for me.

Never liked the battery system, always bought the Play & Charge kits.

Me too, and they last a hell of a long time between charges. The only charging issues I had was with the official wireless headset which I thought were crap for keeping a charge.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    The PS3 controller lasted you that long without charging? How long do you play per day? I found the PS3 controller was terrible, and had to be charged far more than I'd like. It wouldn't have made any odds to me in the least except for the fact the lead is so damn short. I see stuff saying that the PS4 controller battery isn't great either. I think the lead is a lot longer for the charger though, right?

I'd say around 6 hours a day for 3 days without charging. I really don't need to charge it that often.
    True. A small price to pay for an exceptional controller. Both controllers use batteries that have to be charged. All the batteries have be charged. However if the XB1 is running low I can just place in new batteries and away I go, where a PS4 user has to wire in to get their charge.

I don't think it's much of an advantage either way tbh. I certainly wouldn't class either as an advantage. I have 4 PS3 controllers and just alternate which are being charged, though I picked up an extra long charging cable for €2 so I can play with it plugged in if I like (actually use it for the PC more than the PS3).
    Also, if you're talking about being able to alternate batteries like that you're probably looking nearer 10 or 15 euro per controller as you need chargers and 4(?) batteries per controller.

On a side note, does anyone know if the battery packs for the 360 controllers will work on the X1 controllers?

• Advertisement

I'd go with a wire charge over changing batteries. Also, I've two controllers, so it's a non issue for me.

It does seem a matter of preference with people liking either internal or external batteries. Even when it comes to phones I'd rather use a smartphone with an external battery.

If there are any battery problems then it's an easy fix rather than a write off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

True. A small price to pay for an exceptional controller. Both controllers use batteries that have to be charged. However if the XB1 is running low I can just place in new batteries and away I go, where a PS4 user has to wire in to get their charge.

Not sure either option is better. On the Xb side I have to stop and take batteries out and make sure I have fresh batteries to load but then I am back with a wireless controller. On the PS side I don't have any of the battery hassle but I have to play wired while its charging which can limiting.

Nope, they even have a play and charge kit and for some reason spending €500 isn't enough to bundle one in the box.

I would rather a wired controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

O9ygK0s.png

{...}

~7h is a bit pants

I hope they've fixed being able to switch controllers on the X1, because it was a nightmare on the 360.

Wii-u is 3-5 hours. PS4 is about 5 hours.

Still miles better then anything on Xbox because it's free and I love free.

Nope, they even have a play and charge kit and for some reason spending €500 isn't enough to bundle one in the box.

I would rather a wired controller.
    Is there a play and charge kit that comes with the PS4? Or is €400 not enough to bundle it the box :D

O9ygK0s.png

:D That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Is there a play and charge kit that comes with the PS4? Or is €400 not enough to bundle it the box :D

Why would you need a play and charge kit for it? :confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a 2 euro cable, MS could do the same but why bother when they can sell them for €30 a pop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement