Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

And so it begins...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bit disappointed in the battery life in the DS4, alright. If I didn't have 2, I'd be put out for sure. I mean it's definitely not a dealbreaker, but if we're talking what should and shouldn't fly in next gen, then that kinda battery life ain't great. I think it's a bit to do with the lights on the controller.

Still, what an improvement in the controller design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Grayditch wrote: »
    Bit disappointed in the battery life in the DS4, alright. If I didn't have 2, I'd be put out for sure. I mean it's definitely not a dealbreaker, but if we're talking what should and shouldn't fly in next gen, then that kinda battery life ain't great. I think it's a bit to do with the lights on the controller.

It's annoying alright, though you can just wire it up and it's grand. It definitely should've had a bigger battery put in it.

I doubt it's the light. It's an LED, I'd say it's the motion sensors, track pad and all that other stuff that's the main culprit in draining the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hopefully they'll bring bring out a better version of the controller shortly with a better battery. Sony is usually good at correcting mistakes like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The cable is a decent length though, right? My issue with the PS3 controller was more that the cable was so short than the battery wasn't great, honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

There are other 3rd party battery packs on their way i think.

I know nyko have a battery pack on the way for just $20. Is the xbox controller even rechargeable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Pushtrak wrote: »
    The cable is a decent length though, right? My issue with the PS3 controller was more that the cable was so short than the battery wasn't great, honestly.

It was just a micro usb cable... you can get them at any length i think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/271120126659?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95&ff19=0

Pushtrak wrote: »

It's just about fine, actually. The PS3 one had my back in pain.

This has reminded me to get a longer cable for my phone though. Now that's ridiculously short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Is there a play and charge kit that comes with the PS4? Or is €400 not enough to bundle it the box :D

Really?....lol, the xbox one uses AA batteries that you have to replace!....unless you give MS another 25 quid......as for the PS4 = a USB cable from Deals, €1.49 :cool:

You can bet China will have rechargable DS4 batteries on sale soon with double the capacity....like they did with the DS3 battery ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I thought arguing which console was pathetic.... now we qre arguing over battery options??? Ffs read what you type

The wii u has a fabulous battery life considering the mindblowing games you get to play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The battery life on the PS4 controller does not really bother me, yeah it should be better, but I just charge it off of the laptop which is always beside me, which reminds me I have to get a usb adaptor for the 3DS, now the battery life on that bothers me.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    And so it begins...

Yup...we'll start debating the bundled headphones next :p

I thought arguing which console was pathetic.... now we qre arguing over battery options??? Ffs read what you type

The wii u has a fabulous battery life considering the mindblowing games you get to play :D

It's a perfectly valid discussion point. You sound like you're having no craic on the thread. Help yourself out.

I've actually been using the headphone jack on the DS4 quite a bit. Wasn't too impressed with the speaker scaring the sh*t out of me the first time it blared, but it's all sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

It's a perfectly valid discussion point. You sound like you're having no craic on the thread. Help yourself out.

Nah too much fun reading your posting in particular ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jenjenten wrote: »
    Yup...we'll start debating the bundled headphones next :p

Xbox one wins that one, hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Can you upgrade the HD on the xbox? Although might not be needed as you don't get a free game every month.

Zing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

jenjenten wrote: »
    Really?....lol, the xbox one uses AA batteries that you have to replace!....unless you give MS another 25 quid......as for the PS4 = a USB cable from Deals, €1.49 :cool:

You must have missed this. Boom. That's an unbelievablely poor battery life from the PS4 controller. Sony really should have put more thought into it. Although mark my words, they'll come out with a DS 4.1 to correct the issue.
    O9ygK0s.png

Nah too much fun reading your posting in particular ;)

Stop, you'll make me blush. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

F1ngers wrote: »
    Xbox one wins that one, hands down.

Well that wouldn't be hard :pac:
    I've no idea what the XB1 headset is like but it's got to beat that piece of crap that comes with the PS4.
    They may as well have bundled a button off a cardigan tied to a piece of string.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

RasTa wrote: »
    Can you upgrade the HD on the xbox? Although might not be needed as you don't get a free game every month.

Zing!

Seriously your posts read like they were written by a 12 year old. Also you forgot to mention one important detail about the so called free game you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I've no idea what the XB1 headset is like but it's got to beat that piece of crap that comes with the PS4.
    They may as well have bundled a button off a cardigan tied to a piece of string.

Thankfully though the controller will take anything with a 3.5mm jack, which is handy, can use my Sennheiser HD 558's with a 6.3mm adaptor.

Seriously your posts read like they were written by a 12 year old. Also you forgot to mention one important detail about the so called free game you get.

What's that? That Xbox hasn't got any free games yet? Aren't you the Titanfall person? Yet you call me 12, good one.

Oh yeah you don't get to keep the games forever, this is a problem to nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

RasTa wrote: »
    What's that? That Xbox hasn't got any free games yet? Aren't you the Titanfall person? Yet you call me 12, good one.

Oh yeah you don't get to keep the games forever, this is a problem to nobody.

Ha Ha you're so delusional you couldn't even understand my post. I'll give you a clue 'free'.

I agree on the quality, it's brutal, but I'm still glad they at least added something this time. Games on PSN last gen were very quiet at times. Some people are never gonna fork out 10-20 quid on even the most basic headset, so if they use these, or even their iPhone ones, at least we won't be without them slagging our Ma's.

Ha Ha you're so delusional you couldn't even understand my post. I'll give you a clue 'free'.

Jesus, can you read? I said you don't get to keep the games forever, it's also a non issue as it's nice having a brand new shiny game to play for free each month. Multiple games if you have PS3 and a Vita to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It's annoying alright, though you can just wire it up and it's grand. It definitely should've had a bigger battery put in it.

I doubt it's the light. It's an LED, I'd say it's the motion sensors, track pad and all that other stuff that's the main culprit in draining the battery.

It's nothing to do with the extra features apparently, they just used a rubbish battery in the DS4. You can apparently put in a DS3 battery and more or less double the battery life. Seriously poor play on Sony's part.

http://www.psu.com/a022202/Extend-PS4s-DualShock-4-battery-life-without-modding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Hopefully they'll bring bring out a better version of the controller shortly with a better battery. Sony is usually good at correcting mistakes like these.

I have the Original Sixaxis with its crappy form factor. Sony brings out the Dualshock with same crappy form factor. Don't be expecting a massive correction on Sonys part.

• Advertisement

I You can apparently put in a DS3 battery and more or less double the battery life. Seriously poor play on Sony's part.

http://www.psu.com/a022202/Extend-PS4s-DualShock-4-battery-life-without-modding

NICE! Might do that tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement