Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There all highly rated games so I think most people are interested in playing them if they don't already have them. I'm delighted to be able to hunker down with Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light this month.

Not saying anything about the quality of the games, I was more talking about how it's well engineered by sony to keep people attached to the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The highly/highish rated games that may have slipped through the cracks somewhat, mixed with the big sellers, too. I'd say mostly games I was interested in, but not enough to buy at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If you're going to be pedantic about it nothing's free. Buy one get one free? You're just getting them half price if you buy 2. 50% extra free? It's just the same price for a larger container.
    The PS+ games are free as in they are an added bonus for subscribing to the service that allows you play games online/use cloud storage/etc. They are free to play while you are a PS+ member.

Those services were added well after PS+ was up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not saying anything about the quality of the games, I was more talking about how it's well engineered by sony to keep people attached to the service.

Yeah, it's a marketing coup by them alright.

What difference does that make to the service as it exists today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I kind of wish the launch of one of the consoles was more of a disaster, it would spice things up :)
    I had my fill on the pre launch disaster. I'm good till next gen.
    I think it will be a long time til microsoft give any free games away for the xbox one and going on what they gave us with the 360 it wont be worth talking about
    I figure it'll be an E3 announcement with the first title to start as of the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I remember ps+ gave red dead think last year at some stage now that is fantastic ms should take note

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Genuine Question here, (btw,im in the xbox camp and I dont care about all the mickey measuring) now that you have to pay to play online on PS4 - is this the same as ps+ where you get the games every month?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 xfireblade

Knack and Killzone VS Forza, Dead Rising and Titanfall. I know which I want. Dont care about nerd stats, they both look the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I remember ps+ gave red dead think last year at some stage now that is fantastic ms should take note

PS+ have some cracking games out every month for past 20 months now. This month and last it's Bioshock Infinite, Boarderlands 2, and Metro Last Light and Splinter Cell Black List.

MS are not even close, Sony are giving out 11 month old games while MS are giving out 7 year old games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Genuine Question here, (btw,im in the xbox camp and I dont care about all the mickey measuring) now that you have to pay to play online on PS4 - is this the same as ps+ where you get the games every month?

Yep, it is all included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

PS+ is the same, you need it to play online for the PS4. You still get games every month

What difference does that make to the service as it exists today?

If I answer will you promise to stop stalking me in this thread and actually post an original comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

On PS4 what is the current PSN+ free games for this month and last month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Outlast and don't starve

If I answer will you promise to stop stalking me in this thread and actually post an original comment?

Only if you change out of the black t-shirt I can see you wearing as I look up at your bedroom window and slip into the cheeky négligée I left for you at your front door.

Seriously though, you've been at pains to point out pedantic flaws in PS Plus which nobody on here who is subscribing to it has any issue with. I can't see the problem with questioning you on it. It's not stalking you. You really need to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Outlast and Don't Starve, Res0gun and Contrast have both left.

Only if you change out of the black t-shirt I can see you wearing as I look up at your bedroom window and slip into the cheeky négligée I left for you at your front door.

Seriously though, you've been at pains to point out pedantic flaws in PS Plus which nobody on here who is subscribing to it has any issue with. I can't see the problem with questioning you on it. It's not stalking you. You really need to get out more.

If you look through my posts you can see the only issue I have with PS+ is posters claiming the games are free. I had PS+ and enjoyed plenty of games like Infamous 2 & Guacamelee, but I was never in any doubt that these games were on a subscription basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

xfireblade wrote: »
    Knack and Killzone VS Forza, Dead Rising and Titanfall. I know which I want. Dont care about nerd stats, they both look the same.

Knack = meh
    Killzone = meh
    Forza = meh
    Dead Rising = meh
    Titanfall = We'll see

And to balance it out:
    Infamous: Second Son = We'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

If that's true, then I'd have to agree with you that the games are not free, but part of the subscription service on PS3.

However, on the PS4 where you have to subscribe to play online (grr), then I think it's fair to call those games free as the main draw for most is being able to play online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Benzino wrote: »
    Knack = fun game
    Killzone = beautiful ****e :pac:
    Forza = great game
    Dead Rising = fun game
    Titanfall = We'll see

And to balance it out:

all opinions pal, your meh's are not the final verdicts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

nah to be honest those mehs are pretty well rounded.

I'd have to agree with him. Well, I haven't played Dead Rising, as I'm not a fan of the series, but the rest, yeah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Zero Punctuation gave Killzone a surprisingly not awful review.
    Forza 5 has been universally reviewed as a poor, stripped down placeholder until Forza 6 comes out, apparently Forza 4 on the previous gen looks almost as good with tons more content.
    Knack has been pretty much trashed by every review I've read.
    Dead Rising 3 seems to be well received.
    Titanfall hasn't been played by the great unwashed so pointless having an opinion, just look like an idiot if you're wrong.
    PSN+ is a great great deal, more games than I can play, though if it's good enough I'll buy a physical copy.

Sony learned a lot from MS in how to run online gaming and an online store, or harm in MS taking the lessons of PSN+ and doing the same with their massive library of XBLA titles.
    I'm sure a free copy of Outrun 2 HD would go down well with everyone.

It's not awful, I guess. I'm a big fan of the series and admittedly it wouldn't take anything big to keep me happy with the new one, but, I just wasn't feeling it. I thought the Vita one was more fun.

I bought the Killzone bundle (PS4, KZ disc copy, 2 controllers, camera) for €500, which was a steal, I think. Played Killzone the least the first 2 weeks. The free games (actual free ones) and Resogun took main stage with most people on my friends list and myself, which stopped me getting as frustrated with Killzone as I could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Benzino wrote: »
    Knack = meh
    Killzone = meh
    Forza = meh
    Dead Rising = meh
    Titanfall = We'll see

And to balance it out:

Watch dogs? But apart from this the list is the truth.

I'd say that's just exclusives, mentioned.

I'm not banking on Watchdogs living up to the hype, but I have a lot of hope invested in The Division.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Watchdogs, I still have faith in the release and brilliance of the WiiU version!
    It will happen!

Can I have my pills now nurse?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's not an exclusive, all the rest are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd say that's just exclusives, mentioned.

I'm not banking on Watchdogs living up to the hype, but I have a lot of hope invested in The Division.
    I was annoyed that they delayed The Division. This E3 is going to be very odd because most of the games shown at last years E3 still aren't out yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement