Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    all opinions pal, your meh's are not the final verdicts

Yeah I know, that was in response to the quoted post which seems to suggest that one console had great games and the other did not (which is wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Watch dogs? But apart from this the list is the truth.

Yeah, it is just exclusives. I only added Infamous to add balance (and to be honest, I can't wait for infamous, fantastic series imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah I know, that was in response to the quoted post which seems to suggest that one console had great games and the other did not (which is wrong).

hes not wrong though
    you can't be wrong on your own opinion
    so technically your not wrong, I'm not wrong, but I think we can all agree the xbox one had the better AAA exclusives
    but in comparsion to games
    I'd consider ps4's "free" titles for ps+ better then xbox ones AAA exclusives (apart from Ryse, I love that game so much :pac:)

I look for fun in games , graphics are nice too
    which is the reason I'd pick ps4's indie titles/free games over the AAA games from MS
    but if were going by AAA games alone well MS crushed sony on that IMO at launch
    maybe if Infamous second son was released on launch it might be a different story

But forza 5, is a great sim game, expensive, and not graphically the best looking next gen game so far, but for people who love sim games, they will like it, Dead Rising 3 is fun, I never liked the storys but I love the zombie bashing, its fun IMO

killzone- beautiful looking garbage, it was dull and boring. Knack , I loved Knack it was simple but I got great enjoyment out of it, but it doesn't scream AAA title.

like I said, if we were going by exclusive titles alone MS "won" in that regard, but then again this launch was not the best, it was probably the worst

now if you don't mind I am going back too don't starve before my little guy freezes his as$ off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If taste in games is subjective, then there can be no winner or loser in terms of launch games, and you won't have everyone agreeing on who had the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Grayditch wrote: »
    If taste in games is subjective, then there can be no winner or loser in terms of launch games, and you won't have everyone agreeing on who had the best.

I couldnt agree more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Lads PS4 outselling Xbox 2:1 worldwide and 3:1 in europe. Considering that doesn't include Japan I'm shocked how well SOny are doing. Think that tells us most people just want a sound gaming device.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Lads PS4 outselling Xbox 2:1 worldwide and 3:1 in europe. Considering that doesn't include Japan I'm shocked how well SOny are doing. Think that tells us most people just want a sound gaming device.

Most people listened to the hype online... i bet a lot of people long term will regret choices but microsoft are to blame for poor sales the systems are the same ps just played it safe...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

where did you get them statistics? wouldn't mind checking out the sales myself

100 euro/dollars is a lot of money for a gamer who doesn't want a camera. That has got to be the biggest dealbreaker of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Most people listened to the hype online... i bet a lot of people long term will regret choices but microsoft are to blame for poor sales the systems are the same ps just played it safe...

Well they aren't the same. And they didn't play it safe, they played it smart.

Sony's decision to go with GDDR5 makes the PS4 a lot easier to code for. That's just the bottom line. It's going to take a few years for the industry to learn how to code efficiently on the Xbone. It's eSRAM is faster....but there just isn't enough of it. Coders are having to use tricks they shouldn't have to.

A block of 8 gigs of GDDR5 was simply a better choice by Sony and that's why cross-platform launch games look better on the PS4. As a gamer who will end up with both, as I always do, I can see the wood from the trees. Technologically, Sony made the better choice with their hardware.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    100 euro/dollars is a lot of money for a gamer who doesn't want a camera. That has got to be the biggest dealbreaker of them all.

It's worth pointing out that launch Xbone units came with Fifa or Forza and the ps4 did not. That saves you 60 quid right there.

• Advertisement

Also, it's selling 1.5 to 1, worldwide in total, not 2:1. This week, it sold over 2:1 worldwide, though.

Xbox has a limited release in Europe, which would be part of the reason for the pounding this week 3.8:1 and 2.24:1 overall.

Interesting all the same, for some. Useless information for others.

Kirby wrote: »

It's worth pointing out that launch Xbone units came with Fifa or Forza and the ps4 did not. That saves you 60 quid right there.

It's true. I saw it swing people I knew who were going to buy Fifa, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm a huge Xbox fan, mostly due to MS exclusives like Halo and even though I know I'll end up buying an XB1 in time, I have to admit that they have seriously dropped the ball this generation. Playstation plus, in tandem with the superior hardware, those two factors alone, make the PS4 the obvious buy over the XB1. Anyone who, at this stage, is attempting to argue that the XB1 has any sort of edge over the PS4, is delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'm a huge Xbox fan, mostly due to MS exclusives like Halo and even though I know I'll end up buying an XB1 in time, I have to admit that they have seriously dropped the ball this generation. Playstation plus, in tandem with the superior hardware, those two factors alone, make the PS4 the obvious buy over the XB1. Anyone who, at this stage, is attempting to argue that the XB1 has any sort of edge over the PS4, is delusional.

Here I am. Mr.Delusional ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

+ the godawful VCR design :rolleyes: .....cannot fathom who designed this thing and why?

I guess MS were soo afraid of repeating RROD they made this huge box thingy with lots of airflow, and yet the much more stylish and compact PS4 chugs along just fine even with a 50% more poweful APU and an internal PSU!

:confused:

Listen my friend, I'll be holding your hand as MS sink into the abyss of forgotten opportunity....it just so happens that I've been a Halo fan since 2002, and, in my personal opinion, no-one has ever done console FPS better with regards console franchises. That's not to say that I don't recognize that Ms have dropped the ball this gen and are digging themselves into a hole that not even fan boys can dig them out of.

If the look of either console had even a hint of influence over anyone's decision between both...

get out of games.

I'm primarily a PC gamer, consoles are my guilty pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What are the per locale sales? XBOX is only in like 13 locales so far, PS4 is in 40+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Here's a fun fact: More than 100 PS4 games are planned for release in 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

RasTa wrote: »
    Here's a fun fact: More than 100 PS4 games are planned for release in 2014..

Seems good. Planned is the best word in this quote.

Hmmmm, I'd be more about quality over quantity but we'll have to see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Right I've been talking to the other mods about this thread since it's become an absolute mess. To get it back on track there's going to be some new rules in place.

From this point on any deliberate fanboyism gets an automatic warning.

Trolling for a reaction will get you an automatic warning as well or worse depending on how severe it is.

If the discussion gets too far off topic the mods will advise you to get back on topic (for example the whole PS Plus being free non-argument), that means no continuing the conversation after that post and definitely no attempts to get the last word in. Move on or get a warning.

So from now on please be civil and try and get the thread back on track.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Right I've been talking to the other mods about this thread since it's become an absolute mess. To get it back on track there's going to be some new rules in place.

From this point on any deliberate fanboyism gets an automatic warning.

Trolling for a reaction will get you an automatic warning as well or worse depending on how severe it is.

If the discussion gets too far off topic the mods will advise you to get back on topic (for example the whole PS Plus being free non-argument), that means no continuing the conversation after that post and definitely no attempts to get the last word in. Move on or get a warning.

So from now on please be civil and try and get the thread back on track.
    Can we add wii u into the thread?? It deserves it as it is a gaming beast

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I think this discussion is really about next gen so WiiU and Pc talk would be allowed. Fanboyism rules apply to those as well though.

As much as it annoyed me in this thread a while ago, it is the current gen console leader.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well I think this discussion is really about next gen so WiiU and Pc talk would be allowed. Fanboyism rules apply to those as well though.

Thanks retro..

So currently i have several of the huge releases for wii u including mario u, luigi u, zelda windwaker hd, mario world 3d, blops 2 and downloaded i have mario 3 mario world trine 2 and few smaller releases. The xbox one i have bf4, forza 5, fifa 14 and cod ghosts..

My next purchases are donkey kong on friday week. Then titanfall for tge one.. one dev ill miss is naughty dog the last of us i got to play for an hour and its amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

So currently i have several of the huge releases for wii u including mario u, luigi u, zelda windwaker hd, mario world 3d, blops 2 and downloaded i have mario 3 mario world trine 2 and few smaller releases. The xbox one i have bf4, forza 5, fifa 14 and cod ghosts..

My next purchases are donkey kong on friday week. Then titanfall for tge one.. one dev ill miss is naughty dog the last of us i got to play for an hour and its amazing

Just reading the list and only one new game in it. How many new titles for the Nintendo?

Hard to really comment on Nintendo games in the pipeline. They could have a nintendo direct tomorrow and have something out that they only just showed in a weeks time or even a big name game shown that will be out in 6 months. A Nintendo Direct is also long over due. Some people say X will be out this year but Nintendo give Monolith a lot of breathing room with regards development time.

Tropical Breeze should be fantastic and that's out soon.

As for third party support, it's slim pickings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The Wii U is winning the battle for my second console. As I have the PS4 for third-party titles, the choice between the Wii U and XBO comes down to exclusives and for me, the Wii U wins out there.

However, I won't be picking one up until it is much, much cheaper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement