Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I could only see myself wanting Mario World 3D and Mario Kart. The best thing about the Wii U for me is the pad/screen, but I prefer the PS4/Vita combo for that, as the Vita has it's own games and life outside of the PS4, although, they're not really comparable experiences, considering the price, but having those takes away another draw to get a Wii-U, for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't discount New Super Mario Bros Wii U, it's superb. Also Pikmin 3 is a game of the year contender.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Otacon wrote: »
    The Wii U is winning the battle for my second console. As I have the PS4 for third-party titles, the choice between the Wii U and XBO comes down to exclusives and for me, the Wii U wins out there.

However, I won't be picking one up until it is much, much cheaper.

same here, was a very happy xbox 360 owner, now have a ps4 as main console for exclusives and third party games and would love to pick up a Wii U for a few gems that are on that machine when it is eventually halved in price. So far I don't see any reason/exclusives worth picking up on the Xbone for quite some time as I can buy Titanfall on the xbox 360. Will eventually pick up an Xbone when there is enough decent exclusives.

Me and my Wii don't get along since the day it called me fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The Wii U is winning the battle for my second console. As I have the PS4 for third-party titles, the choice between the Wii U and XBO comes down to exclusives and for me, the Wii U wins out there.

However, I won't be picking one up until it is much, much cheaper.

Muxh much cheaper???? What world are u living in?????? pc world having a sale selling premiums for 170 euro...

The people waiting for a price drop are exactly whats wrong with the wii u too many people looking for the console for nothing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's the same for me. It'll be my second console but right now I don't have the money or time to invest in a Wii U.

I'll wait till I do and there are 5 or 6 games that I really want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Muxh much cheaper???? What world are u living in??????

Not sure this type of response is conducive to debate, but...
    pc world having a sale selling premiums for 170 euro...

The people waiting for a price drop are exactly whats wrong with the wii u too many people looking for the console for nothing....

A Wii U is currently £214 on Amazon UK. It would need to be closer to £150 for me to jump on one. It simply is not worth more to me than that, especially as a secondary console.

Not sure this type of response is conducive to debate, but...

A Wii U is currently £214 on Amazon UK. It would need to be closer to £150 for me to jump on one. It simply is not worth more to me than that, especially as a secondary console.

Otacon all im saying is there are more places to find a wii u Than the places charging premium prices.you could easily pick up a wii u with a game or two for 210 euro used or 190 euro new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

According to IGN, Sony revealed at a closed-door meeting this week that 48 percent of PS Vita's game sales are digital. To put that into perspective, digital sales on the Nintendo 3DS -- Vita's closest rival -- currently account for around 9 percent of total game sales on the handheld.

That's interesting, not sure it means anything but is interesting.

Sony also says that one in three PS Vita owners have bought a PlayStation 4. That's pretty impressive when you consider that Sony has sold around 7.5 million Vitas to date, which means around 2.5 million people own both a PS Vita and a PS4.

It becomes even more impressive to note that 4.2 million PS4s have been sold -- hence, approximately 60 percent of PS4 owners also have a PS Vita, meaning that future potential Vita-PS4 cross functionality will potentially be on Sony's mind right now.

Having said that, Sony says that only around 250,000 people have tried out the Remote Play functionality between Vita and PS4 -- around 10 percent of those people who own both a Vita and a PS4. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

RasTa wrote: »

I'd say 75-80% of what I've bought for the Vita is digital and I don't think I'll bother buying physical copies anymore. Damn handy store for it and a great collection of indies on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Percentages are useless here. It doesn't give any real indication of number of people. I mean, how many units has the Vita sold worldwide anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Percentages are useless here. It doesn't give any real indication of number of people. I mean, how many units has the Vita sold worldwide anyway?

Worldwide it's about 7.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have actually played my Vita more than I have played my PS4 since launch, fantastic handheld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

In terms of what it means could be down to maybe two things. An older age bracket with control of a credit card using the vita and the popularity of indie games on the system which are only available digitally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well Nintendo's online sales are kind of crappy in comparison to the Vita and the Vita has a great back catalogue of PSP games as well. Most of the Vitas best games are digital only as well. It's a much better market place than the Nintendo one which is also a chore to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well Nintendo's online sales are kind of crappy in comparison to the Vita and the Vita has a great back catalogue of PSP games as well. Most of the Vitas best games are digital only as well. It's a much better market place than the Nintendo one which is also a chore to navigate.

Even if the store was a lot better and the selection larger, I'd still not buy anything digitally off it due to the how they handle your content; all the negatives of both physical and digital with few of the benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Nintendo's pricing is absolutely awful. $7.99 for a SNES game? Feck right off. If they were $1.99 I'd probably have bought $300-400 worth over the Wii and Wii U instead of the $0 I've spent in reality

Cheaper to buy the bloody cartridge at a second hand store

Have you used a PS4 controller? I know most people preferred the 360 controller over the PS3, but I thought that reports were indicating that the PS4's controller is much improved and possibly even on a par with the XB1's controller, or at least that the difference between them was largely insignificant.

Hi ill be honest the ps4 controller has improved a lot but honestly its miles behind the comfort of the xbox one controller

Hi ill be honest the ps4 controller has improved a lot but honestly its miles behind the comfort of the xbox one controller

Wii U Pro Controller is the pick of the bunch IMO

COYVB wrote: »
    Wii U Pro Controller is the pick of the bunch IMO

Ah im not mad about the wii u pro controller... its a decent controller prob little bit better that the dualshock 4 though

• Advertisement

Have Nintendo worked on their quality control since the Wii? Maybe they don't care to, but you really had to know your arse from your onions when picking up Wii games. The amount of grade-z rubbish that would take up space on the shelves was unreal. Maybe I'm being ignorant, but anytime I used to browse the shelves, I would get annoyed with the amount of awful looking kids games and kid movie license games. It feels cheap to just go by reviews all the time, you know? You might not find flawed gems that way.

It reminded me of the mid-late 80's with the C64, where there would be unbelievable rubbish to wade through to get the good stuff. That's when I learned to pick the developer, not the game. Ocean (sometimes), System 3 and maybe Palace. A Jeff Minter game, if you could drink cough bottle to make sense of it.

Nintendo themselves release some stone cold classics, but seem to let god awful developers make the worst stuff for their machines, and you'd sometimes waiting a while between Nintendo releases. I think that goes against Nintendo sometimes. And it's possibly why some gamers have become so dismissive of them as consoles for kids. Their own brand games transcend age and genre, really.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Have Nintendo worked on their quality control since the Wii? Maybe they don't care to, but you really had to know your arse from your onions when picking up Wii games. The amount of grade-z rubbish that would take up space on the shelves was unreal. Maybe I'm being ignorant, but anytime I used to browse the shelves, I would get annoyed with the amount of awful looking kids games and kid movie license games. It feels cheap to just go by reviews all the time, you know? You might not find flawed gems that way.

It reminded me of the mid-late 80's with the C64, where there would be unbelievable rubbish to wade through to get the good stuff. That's when I learned to pick the developer, not the game. Ocean (sometimes), System 3 and maybe Palace. A Jeff Minter game, if you could drink cough bottle to make sense of it.

Nintendo themselves release some stone cold classics, but seem to let god awful developers make the worst stuff for their machines, and you'd sometimes waiting a while between Nintendo releases. I think that goes against Nintendo sometimes. And it's possibly why some gamers have become so dismissive of them as consoles for kids. Their own brand games transcend age and genre, really.

buy the license build whatever game you want, pretty much. not down to nintendo at all

Oh, really? I was under the impression they controlled that stuff. Dunno where I got that from.

well they COULD not give licenses to certain studios or whatever, but if you look at who's behind the shovelware, it's usually surprisingly big guys. They get interns to churn out garbage for next to nothing knowing that even a modicum of success commercially will bring in many, many times the original budget (or they get themselves a nice wedge on a contract from a kids brand who simply must have a video game made)

Oh, really? I was under the impression they controlled that stuff. Dunno where I got that from.

They did that back on the NES for a while but were taken to court over it being anti consumer and lost. Now if you can pay for the license and it doesn't break the machine you will get on it. It's the same with all the console.

The Wii might have had a lot I'd shovelware but the ps2 had just as much. Also nobody was forcing you to buy it. You did have to be on the ball when looking for good stuff outside the Nintendo releases but there was a rake of amazing games on it. I'd go so far as to say it was a much better console than the n64 with more good games on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Plenty of people posting here interested in Titanfall so thought I'd post this here aswell incase it's missed. I guess we'll see soon enough what the big deal is!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88959039&postcount=170

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

irishmover wrote: »
    Plenty of people posting here interested in Titanfall so thought I'd post this here aswell incase it's missed. I guess we'll see soon enough what the big deal is!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88959039&postcount=170

Is the beta open to PC or just xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

sarumite wrote: »
    Is the beta open to PC or just xbox?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-beta-is-definitely-not-open/1100-6417661/

Xbox One and PC :)

2am GMT by the way.

2435497-zampella.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Registration for the titanfall beta is open here http://www.titanfall.com/beta/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

They do. They have to approve any game before it goes onto their console(s).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement