Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wouldn't. He's a producer with very little technical knowledge so wouldn't really know what he is talking about. I'd rather hear something from Digital Foundry or else someone like John Carmack or Mark Rein.

Mark Rein of Epic? Isn't he a business person? Do you mean Tim Sweeney?

I agree though, he wouldn't know much on the technical side of things but I'd like to think he has some idea on what he is talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wouldn't. He's a producer with very little technical knowledge so wouldn't really know what he is talking about. I'd rather hear something from Digital Foundry or else someone like John Carmack or Mark Rein.

Of course you wouldn't, Mark Rein? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Hideo Kojima wouldn't really know what he's talking about? How do you know how much knowledge he has?

I'm pretty sure that after 30 years designing and producing quality games he has a decent level of technical knowledge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Benzino wrote: »
    Mark Rein of Epic? Isn't he a business person? Do you mean Tim Sweeney?

He's mostly on the business end of things now but He really knows the technology. Tim Sweeney doesn't really talk much, it usually goes through Mark Rein.
    Hideo Kojima wouldn't really know what he's talking about? How do you know how much knowledge he has?

I'm pretty sure that after 30 years designing and producing quality games he has a decent level of technical knowledge.

He's not a coder though. He's more of a project manager than anything else and wouldn't really know much of anything about the tech side of things. All he might be contributing is maybe some hearsay from his tech team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Tbf, there is a caveat in the IGN article:
    It's worth noting that Kojima does make reference to the console being the best out of those available in the Japanese domestic market, thereby not comparing it to Microsoft's Xbox One, which is set to release in Japan some time later this year.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/02/13/hideo-kojima-praises-the-power-of-the-ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

New Infamous footage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Xenji wrote: »
    New Infamous footage

Reminds me of Dead rising 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Reminds me of Dead rising 3.

It looks infinitely better though

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It looks infinitely better though
    I agree with the cut scenes but for gameplay footage I expected a bit more from the PS4. Also I am surprised the Infamous SS developers couldn't hit 60fps on PS4, I see its locked to 30 FPS.

I think it looks boring tbh, too much action which no doubt repeats itself throughout the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I didn't care for the look of Infamous or Prototype honestly. Haven't played anything of either franchise. Watching a bit of that trailer, I don't see anything to make me feel I'm missing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Infamous has a surprisingly large fanbase and will sell very well, but I have never really seen what people see in the game, played the first one for a bit and it got very repetitive, but I know people who love it.

I feel the Infamous series is very underrated. It seems like people just view it as another Prototype, but it is far superior than the Prototype series. Infamous 2 is one of my favourite PS3 only titles, probably in my top 5 behind the ND games. I'd highly recommend it to anybody with a PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I feel the Infamous series is very underrated. It seems like people just view it as another Prototype, but it is far superior than the Prototype series. Infamous 2 is one of my favourite PS3 only titles, probably in my top 5 behind the ND games. I'd highly recommend it to anybody with a PS3.

its not underrated
    it has quite a large fan base
    just doesnt appeal too some people , like myself
    never got the big deal about it, reminds me of prototype
    but I'll get it anyway, wanna fill up my catalogue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Xenji wrote: »
    but I know people who love it.

tumblr_inline_mhnsd5NLYU1qz4rgp.gif

I have loved this series since the first one. It basically makes you a superhero and allows you to fight for truth, justice and other things or break bad. The morality stuff can be quite clunky at times but the power improvements turn you into even more of a badass by the end of each game.

It also helps that simply existing in the world - which is always well designed enough that locomotion is a joy rather than a chore - is fun.

Boss of Xbox Europe is resigning
    The Xbox executive, who overseas publishing operations across Europe, is departing to focus on "other business interests", according to MCV.

He will resign from the company in a matter of weeks while Microsoft finds a replacement.

Lewis joined Microsoft in 1989 and was the head of Xbox in the UK when the first console launched in 2002.

Under his stewardship the Xbox 360 business thrived in Britain. The console became the best-selling system of the generation across Britain - overtaking the Wii in 2013 and outstripping the PS3 by roughly a third.

Xbox 360 also routinely represented the biggest share of sales for all the major multiplatform console games in the UK.

The situation is now more challenging for Microsoft. The PS4 is leading in terms of hardware sales across the UK and Europe, whilst Sony's new console now appears to be representing the majority of software sales too (nearly two-thirds of Tomb Raider Definitive Edition were purchased on PS4 in the UK).

Full Article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Met Chris a few times and remember him being a great guy. Hope he does well wherever he goes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The internal dialogue for the morality stuff was just plain stupid, Cole just seemed a bit crazy with the 2 completely opposite things that he was thinking.

I agree with the cut scenes but for gameplay footage I expected a bit more from the PS4. Also I am surprised the Infamous SS developers couldn't hit 60fps on PS4, I see its locked to 30 FPS.

Where are you getting that from, from previews people are saying it's not locked down at 30.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never really liked Infamous myself. Seemed like a very repetitive open world game. However those types of games aren't really my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I am not sure what your expectations are, but I found the lighting and the protagonists animation in inFamous to be superior to that of dead rising. Depending on the number of characters and the degree of destructibility, I wouldn't have expected either title to running at a silky 60fps this early in the life cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love them myself. The second cleared up some of the repetitiveness of the first. The story lines are pretty good and are told with a nice pace. Lovely controls, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Very dark levels shown in the new trailer make it hard to get an idea of the graphics, though.

Varik wrote: »

Where are you getting that from, from previews people are saying it's not locked down at 30.

Interview with the developers where they state it runs at 1080p at a rock solid 30 FPS.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/15/infamous-second-son-can-run-at-full-1080p-30fps-rock-solid-says-sucker-punch/

I expected with the power the PS4 and the recent articles that are stating its a piece of cake hitting 1080p and 60 FPS on PS4 that we would see a game like Infamous SS running at 1080p / 60FPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I much prefer first infamous to the second. Great games though.

Interview with the developers where they state it runs at 1080p at a rock solid 30 FPS.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/15/infamous-second-son-can-run-at-full-1080p-30fps-rock-solid-says-sucker-punch/

I expected with the power the PS4 and the recent articles that are stating its a piece of cake hitting 1080p and 60 FPS on PS4 that we would see a game like Infamous SS running at 1080p / 60FPS.

That was back in November tbf, never said it's locked at 30fps either

Grayditch wrote: »
    Very dark levels shown in the new trailer make it hard to get an idea of the graphics, though.

True. Although Dead rising wasn't particularly graphically impressive although the sheer number of zombies on the screen at one time showed that it was a next gen (is it now current gen?) title.

I think that setting the stage for a lot of near future PS4 games to fail if the assumption is anything less than 1080p and 60fps is disappointing.

RasTa wrote: »
    That was back in November tbf, never said it's locked at 30fps either

http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/109714/Infamous%3A+Second+Son+-+Hands-On/

"We do not know if it's running at 60 frames per second, but it seems to be well over 30"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

sarumite wrote: »
    I think that setting the stage for a lot of near future PS4 games to fail if the assumption is anything less than 1080p and 60fps is disappointing.

To be fair, that really should've been the absolute minimum starting point for both PS4 and XBO

• Advertisement

sarumite wrote: »
    http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/109714/Infamous%3A+Second+Son+-+Hands-On/

"We do not know if it's running at 60 frames per second, but it seems to be well over 30"

FFS, it should be very easy to tell if it's running at 30 or 60. If it was running at well over 30 but not hitting 60 it would be a jerky stuttering mess. I'm guessing it's a solid 30 from those comments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement