Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't think many games could live up to the hype of Titanfall, but the response seems to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I just played one game and just realised, dunno how I didnt see it yesterday.

There's zero recoil??

On all the guns?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So the overall reaction to Titanfall's beta has been extremely positive.

No it hasn't. Average at best.

All of the guns I've used.

• Advertisement

Remember that shotgun in Terminator Salvation with no recoil or spread? Hilarious gun.

Ha.. Just went onto the forums to see if anyone else was talking about Recoil and it's being talked about so I'm not imagining things..

http://www.respawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4977

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

irishmover wrote: »
    I kind of think he just really wants it to be an incredible game.

It is a bit of fun but I wouldn't be able to take the game too serious.

I kind of think he actually played the game and compared it to his expectations and he thinks the game is brilliant :D

It's a serious mega hit in my opinion. I don't expect it to dominate FPS, I expect it to become its own FPS genre like Battlefield and call of duty.

I kind of think he actually played the game and compared it to his expectations and he thinks the game is brilliant :D

It's a serious mega hit in my opinion. I don't expect it to dominate FPS, I expect it to become its own FPS genre like Battlefield and call of duty.

I played the game aswell, 3.5 hours now and I'm not overly impressed but I'm giving it as much chance as possible. I suppose my experience wouldn't be clouded by lag if I was in Ireland but I'm trying to be impartial to that as the majority don't suffer from lag. However, going through the beta forums people are complaining about lag.

I'm still quite astounded by the lack of data center in Australia. Amazing really.

I honestly think your judgement is a bit clouded by your desire for the game to succeed.

However, going through the forums I'm still yet to see all this positivity.

Anyone else having an issue to get the forum to load? It was pain stakingly slow yesterday and same today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thats probably the fairest comment I've seen, I'm not a big FPS fan in terms of multiplayer, played the Beta today and did have fun but won't be buying Titanfall.... yes there are those of us who like campaigns :o but I think it does a good enough job at separating itself from the pack so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I expect it to become its own FPS genre like Battlefield and call of duty.

But can it really become a genre when its only available on xbox1?(at the minute)

By the way, i'm not sure if its lag for me but does the melee kick one shot people? One kick and I'm dead. Bit overpowered!

cadete wrote: »
    But can it really become a genre when its only available on xbox1?(at the minute)

It's available on PC....

Cienciano wrote: »
    No it hasn't. Average at best.

I don't listen to the moaners on forums, every game has those kind of people posting. I go by what people are saying in game. With almost 5hrs played we have been discussing it with other gamers.

I put my money on Titanfall being a mega success.

It'll be out on 360, too. I think that will draw away some potential sales from the Xbox One.

I played the game aswell, 3.5 hours now and I'm not overly impressed but I'm giving it as much chance as possible. I suppose my experience wouldn't be clouded by lag if I was in Ireland but I'm trying to be impartial to that as the majority don't suffer from lag. However, going through the beta forums people are complaining about lag.

I'm still quite astounded by the lack of data center in Australia. Amazing really.

I honestly think your judgement is a bit clouded by your desire for the game to succeed.

However, going through the forums I'm still yet to see all this positivity.

Anyone else having an issue to get the forum to load? It was pain stakingly slow yesterday and same today.

And I am astounded that you base your judgement of a game on what Skippy the Kangaroo in Australia thinks :rolleyes:

I play a game. If I like it, I like it. Simples.

And I am astounded that you base your judgement of a game on what Skippy the Kangaroo in Australia thinks :rolleyes:

I play a game. If I like it, I like it. Simples.

Are you kidding me? When did I say i'm basing it on what is either said in Australia or the fact there's no servers in Australia.

My judgement, as I said in several of my previous posts has nothing to do with lag or no data centers in australia. It's a strange one but i'm not letting it cloud my judgement. I still haven't played it enough to give it a full opinion but thus far it's not close to the hype.

The beta forums (so you know, everyone and not just a few people ingame) isn't as rosy as you're putting it out to be, but isn't all doom and gloom either.

I don't really see it being a 'mega success' but we'll see.

I've seen alot of your posts prior to the beta, and I've seen your posts after. You really seem far too biased to take you seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

diagnosis-butthurt-6.jpg
    FYP.

Are you kidding me? When did I say i'm basing it on what is either said in Australia or the fact there's no servers in Australia.

My judgement, as I said in several of my previous posts has nothing to do with lag or no data centers in australia. It's a strange one but i'm not letting it cloud my judgement. I still haven't played it enough to give it a full opinion but thus far it's not close to the hype.

The beta forums (so you know, everyone and not just a few people ingame) isn't as rosy as you're putting it out to be, but isn't all doom and gloom either.

I don't really see it being a 'mega success' but we'll see.

I've seen alot of your posts prior to the beta, and I've seen your posts after. You really seem far too biased to take you seriously.

How i am I too biased?

The majority of gamers on this forum are enjoying the beta. Are their judgements clouded as well?

• Advertisement

How i am I too biased?

The majority of gamers on this forum are enjoying the beta. Are their judgements clouded as well?

There's a difference between enjoying the beta. I'm enjoying the beta, it's a decent game.

You however, are on a whole different level!

There's a difference between enjoying the beta. I'm enjoying the beta, it's a decent game.

You however, are on a whole different level!

Still waiting for evidence of too much bias..... A whole different level is avoiding the question :)

So the overall reaction to Titanfall's beta has been extremely positive.

I haven't seen extremely positive. I've seen positive in some parts and negative in others. Probably 50/50.

Something about zero lag in Ireland

No lag in Ireland isn't as hugely positive for the game as you might think. Sure for you, but for alot of other people outside Ireland it isn't.
    1 point to Microsoft :D

Not really (RE: Lag).
    It's a serious mega hit in my opinion.

Well I guess thats just it, it's our opinions. But to say a game with mixed opinions on the forum is a mega hit before it's even released doesn't really bode well.

In fairness to you, the above quotes aren't as bad as I was putting them out to be. But it looks like you really want the game to succeed. In some, shove it in peoples face kind of way!

If PC gamers start saying it's incredible, I'll be impressed.

I haven't seen extremely positive. I've seen positive in some parts and negative in others. Probably 50/50.

No lag in Ireland isn't as hugely positive for the game as you might think. Sure for you, but for alot of other people outside Ireland it isn't.

Not really (RE: Lag).

Well I guess thats just it, it's our opinions. But to say a game with mixed opinions on the forum is a mega hit before it's even released doesn't really bode well.

In fairness to you, the above quotes aren't as bad as I was putting them out to be. But it looks like you really want the game to succeed. In some, shove it in peoples face kind of way!

:eek: no lag or hardly any lag is a huge thing for Irish gamers. Game forums are always full of negativity, so I'd rate a game on simply how much negativity there is. If there is insane amount of negativity I take heed. If not I trust my own opinion and other gamers I talk to. I simply want a really good FPS and I am happy to say Titanfall is that FPS. I don't have shares in Respawn studios :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

How i am I too biased?

Still waiting for evidence of too much bias..... A whole different level is avoiding the question :)

I think anyone who followed the PS4 and xbone megathread know exactly how biased you are. It's not exactly a secret. I would have been shocked if you said anything negative about Titanfall.
    LOL at ignoring the "moaners on forums". Which are anyone who says anything negative about titanfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Grayditch wrote: »

I am seriously impressed, had no interest in it but the Beta has has me pretty much buying it. I a PC master race person.

From the master races perspective its a poor looking game but it plays very well.

Its proabably banned over there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its proabably banned over there tbh.
    They're grand (at least better?) with mature games. I mean, they have a rating for it now.

:eek: no lag or hardly any lag is a huge thing for Irish gamers. Game forums are always full of negativity, so I'd rate a game on simply how much negativity there is. If there is insane amount of negativity I take heed. If not I trust my own opinion and other gamers I talk to. I simply want a really good FPS and I am happy to say Titanfall is that FPS. I don't have shares in Respawn studios :)

You're missing my point about lag. It's good for Irish but **** for anyone else in Western Europe.

Considering the Irish populous of gamers would be much smaller than England for example it's not something to shout about for the game in general. It's only positive for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Grayditch wrote: »

I've been playing it on PC, won't be buying it. Decent game but not revolutionary like a lot of people were saying. It's no better than COD or Battlefield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement