Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

It's not banned in Australia. Why would you think that? I'm guessing you've never been here before. They can be stricter but not of late. I'm playing it right now and it's coming out here the same day. Microsoft said there's plans for data centers in Australia but when we don't know. Definitely not before Titanfall this pretty much negating that market entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think anyone who followed the PS4 and xbone megathread know exactly how biased you are. It's not exactly a secret. I would have been shocked if you said anything negative about Titanfall.
    LOL at ignoring the "moaners on forums". Which are anyone who says anything negative about titanfall.

You seem to have a bee on your bonnet with anyone that likes this game. I can list many negatives that can be improved on. We have been talking about them all day.

It's common knowledge that game forums for instance battlelog and Elite are full of moaners saying nerf this and nerf that. If I had of listened to every negative thing I heard about a game I wouldn't be even gaming anymore.

I am bias because I own an Xbox One :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

You seem to have a bee on your bonnet with anyone that likes this game. I can list many negatives that can be improved on. We have been talking about them all day.

It's common knowledge that game forums for instance battlelog and Elite are full of moaners saying nerf this and nerf that. If I had of listened to every negative thing I heard about a game I wouldn't be even gaming anymore.

I am bias because I own an Xbox One :rolleyes:
    Ha, that reminds me of the brief times I've spent over on Epics forums where people were talking about Gears. You'd swear it was the worst game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Never posted on it but I completely hate the battlelog forums, the fact that BF stats are connected to it has everyone using those to attack other posters; too high on a participial weapon means that you abuse an OP weapon and too low means you don't know what you're talking about.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Ha, that reminds me of the brief times I've spent over on Epics forums where people were talking about Gears. You'd swear it was the worst game ever.

It's really any forum for 'high competitive' gaming.

• Advertisement

Well that's me bowed out of playing Titanfall Beta.

Unfortunately the lag has made it unplayable. Regardless of whether it could be a good/great game I won't be buying it on launch. From what I can see Australians are trying to get the word out for nobody to buy it over here so I don't really think the Australian market will do too well on launch.

Rumours are an Australian server late 2014 which most likely will be far too late for Titanfall.

I give Microsoft -1 for failing a 23 million westernised population country.

Just saw someone post something from Vince Zampellas twitter. I'll post the one I saw and the more recent ones too.
    Ok, just heard from @jonshiring. His words are 'Let's break it', so the plan is to make the beta fully open and have you max stress it!

All the switches need to be flipped, and there are probably lots! It will take some number of time units to do it all!

It should hold up fine now, worst case should be delays in finding a server during peak times.

Opening XB1 first, at some point tonight. PC will follow, maybe tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think at this stage we got a situation where:

People who were so hyped about this game and now when they play it, they wont admit that it is just an "okay" game and not even near the level of hype it generated.
    People who finally see the product and got blessed for having Beta and now not bothering with game.
    People who like Cod, and now they can play Cod with a Killstreak as a Titan.

I sow a few Videos and I could not be less underwhelmed even if I tried. I just get such a stink of Dejavu out of it, that it just kills any interest for me. Looks like another FPS online shooter.

I know for sure, if I want a good game with mechs I will just fire up Hawken. If I want a good fps... well, there are tons of FPS out there right now.

Question is now: Is it a system seller?

Answer: Emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it will sell a few consoles, but I dont really think that it would be something that would put Xbox one out of **** storm it is now. Your average Call of duty Fanboy already bought Xbox one and he is already waiting for Titanfall. Those who did not do a jump might just play it on PC or just wait again to see something better?
    It might not be a Very good game or Very bad game, but it still might sell a lot as stuff like Cod still manages sell a ton **** copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I must say I don't really understand the mentality of being angry (maybe a bit strong.. annoyed may be a better word) that someone enjoys a game more than yourself.

It's fine debating and giving ones opinion but there's no need to laugh off someones opinion just because they really like something.

I think at this stage we got a situation where:

People who were so hyped about this game and now when they play it, they wont admit that it is just an "okay" game and not even near the level of hype it generated.
    People who finally see the product and got blessed for having Beta and now not bothering with game.
    People who like Cod, and now they can play Cod with a Killstreak as a Titan.

I sow a few Videos and I could not be less underwhelmed even if I tried. I just get such a stink of Dejavu out of it, that it just kills any interest for me. Looks like another FPS online shooter.

I know for sure, if I want a good game with mechs I will just fire up Hawken. If I want a good fps... well, there are tons of FPS out there right now.

Question is now: Is it a system seller?

Answer: Emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it will sell a few consoles, but I dont really think that it would be something that would put Xbox one out of **** storm it is now. Your average Call of duty Fanboy already bought Xbox one and he is already waiting for Titanfall. Those who did not do a jump might just play it on PC or just wait again to see something better?
    It might not be a Very good game or Very bad game, but it still might sell a lot as stuff like Cod still manages sell a ton **** copies.

There seem to be many people here and online elsewhere who want Titanfall to go down in flames. Ever since Titanfall was announced to be a Microsoft exclusive there has been a lot of hate directed towards it before release.

Watching a video is not enough to judge this game, you have to play it. I am sure it's not everyone's cup of tea but I am willing to bet its many gamers expresso with red bull :D

For me this game has lived up to the hype. First game to do so in many years. I am delighted to have a new FPS, I am tired of Call of duty at this stage.

Oh but please remind me again that I am delusional and that the game isn't good :D

Even though the servers are great here for Irish gamers I am giving Microsoft -1 due to the lack of servers in Zimbabwe :rolleyes:

I suppose all the awards Titanfall has won are wrong also. I am afraid this is not a game you can sweep under the carpet. Best of luck with that :D

• Advertisement

There seem to be many people here and online elsewhere who want Titanfall to go down in flames. Ever since Titanfall was announced to be a Microsoft exclusive there has been a lot of hate directed towards it before release.

Watching a video is not enough to judge this game, you have to play it. I am sure it's not everyone's cup of tea but I am willing to bet its many gamers expresso with red bull :D

For me this game has lived up to the hype. First game to do so in many years. I am delighted to have a new FPS, I am tired of Call of duty at this stage.

Oh but please remind me again that I am delusional and that the game isn't good :D

Even though the servers are great here for Irish gamers I am giving Microsoft -1 due to the lack of servers in Zimbabwe :rolleyes:

I suppose all the awards Titanfall has won are wrong also. I am afraid this is not a game you can sweep under the carpet. Best of luck with that :D

You seem a bit of a clown. Would you be saying that about 'Zimbabwe' if you were living there? No, because you wouldn't be able to play the game!!!

By the way, don't be taking the clown bit serious! Maybe more exclamation marks would have helped...

irishmover wrote: »
    You seem a bit of a clown. Would you be saying that about 'Zimbabwe' if you were living there? No, because you wouldn't be able to play the game!!!
    You could have just said you live in Australia. I was wondering why is this guy going on and on about Australia. Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with the game over there, specifically lack of local servers.

A good kick in the ass should get MS in gear. MS seem to learn the hard way but they eventually learn.

You could have just said you live in Australia. I was wondering why is this guy going on and on about Australia. Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with the game over there, specifically lack of local servers.

A good kick in the ass should get MS in gear. MS seem to learn the hard way but they eventually learn.

Yeh sorry dude, thought it was implied by me being pissed off about lag in Australia..

I'm in East Coast which is suffering more than Perth.

Which also begs the question, what are you doing up at 05.39am on a Sunday?

I am just coming down from the adrenaline rush from playing Titanfall lol.

Joking aside I am a night owl.

I suppose that happens to a lot of gamers. I was like that years ago but not something I can do over here..

Where in Meath you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Haven't been in here for a while and just noticed the votes are now 3:1 in the PS4's favour. I'd well believe that considering the PS4 is outselling the X1 by about 4:1 across the EU. It's not going to get better either considering Sony still can't meet demand.

PS. Just played outlast (the free PS plus game for february) and f*ck me it's scary as hell. First horror game I've ever played and unless I get future ones for free I won't be buying more. Seroisly having trouble sleeping at night and I'm not exactly a little boy!! Anyone else try it?

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    PS. Just played outlast (the free PS plus game for february) and f*ck me it's scary as hell. First horror game I've ever played and unless I get future ones for free I won't be buying more. Seroisly having trouble sleeping at night and I'm not exactly a little boy!! Anyone else try it?
    No, but I want to now. It has been on my Steam wishlist a while. Will probably pick it up next sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Haven't been in here for a while and just noticed the votes are now 3:1 in the PS4's favour. I'd well believe that considering the PS4 is outselling the X1 by about 4:1 across the EU. It's not going to get better either considering Sony still can't meet demand.

If you thought Outlast was scary, wait till Daylight comes out in April, it will probably be the free PS4 game for that month as well, it is meant to put Outlast to shame and changes every time you play it, so the scares are always different.

• Advertisement

No, but I want to now. It has been on my Steam wishlist a while. Will probably pick it up next sales.

Do you not have PS Plus? You'll get it for free now if you do...

Xenji wrote: »
    If you thought Outlast was scary, wait till Daylight comes out in April, it will probably be the free PS4 game for that month as well, it is meant to put Outlast to shame and changes every time you play it, so the scares are always different.

F***********************CK!!!!!!! It's not like I can turn down a quality free game. Like Outlast I hate playing it but when I stop and calm down I'm like that's actually a really well made game and want to go back.

But if what you say is true I'm going to play daylight during the day and with
    my little fearless sister by my side!! Do you know if Daylight will be similar in length to Outlast? Because if it's much longer I don't think I could hack it :(

Do you not have PS Plus? You'll get it for free now if you do...
    I don't have a PS4. I don't have PS plus either. That's down to not really having time for gaming and not even having my consoles with me. Instead, they're currently being used by my nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

F***********************CK!!!!!!! It's not like I can turn down a quality free game. Like Outlast I hate playing it but when I stop and calm down I'm like that's actually a really well made game and want to go back.

But if what you say is true I'm going to play daylight during the day and with
    my little fearless sister by my side!! Do you know if Daylight will be similar in length to Outlast? Because if it's much longer I don't think I could hack it :(

Well Outlast could be finished in under a hour if you rushed it, but this from what I remember reading when it was announced will take around 8-10 hours, more if you explore everything.

I don't have a PS4. I don't have PS plus either. That's down to not really having time for gaming and not even having my consoles with me. Instead, they're currently being used by my nephew.

Damn but yeah I agree with you. I haven't started Metro: Last Light or Bioshock Infinite yet. When you grow up gaming becomes quite hard.

BTW you might want to watch little nephews with your consoles. Take PS4 for example imagine your 12 year old nephew getting his hands on outlast and daylight! He'll never sleep again and your brother or sister won't be too impressed :D

Xenji wrote: »
    Well Outlast could be finished in under a hour if you rushed it, but this from what I remember reading when it was announced will take around 8-10 hours, more if you explore everything.

I'm playing Outlast the way I enjoy playing it which is slowing moving through it to avoid the scares and find as many documents/recordings as I can. I've made it into the rain and I'm now back inside. Being playing for 3-4 hours so far. But yeah if I played it again I could probably do it in under 2 hours easily.

I really hope daylight has a good few "break" areas to recover from the scares if it's really that long!

BTW you might want to watch little nephews with your consoles. Take PS4 for example imagine your 12 year old nephew getting his hands on outlast and daylight! He'll never sleep again and your brother or sister won't be too impressed :D
    He's actually a lot younger than that :P

He's 4. I have some games there that are suitable for him. Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii. Rayman Origins (I think its that one anyway) bought that before Christmas, along with Lego Lord of the Rings. Had Lego Batman. There's Sonic Transformed Driving. Think there's one or two others. Don't really have anything on PS3 that would suit him. Not even necessarily on an age level, but even difficulty/interest. I left it in my parents place as he spends a good bit of time there. He has a 3DS too. And my brother has a PS4 with Skylanders for him. To think, at his age I had Commodore 64 and... Oh, just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Why is the Xbox One still having problems with jagged lines on wires and cables etc? I might be in a minority, but bad anti aliasing really annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It might just be a bad comparison shot but there doesn't seem to be that huge difference between the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One - a bit more detailing on the ground but that's about it. They really should have used the same shot for all consoles to get a good overview of the differences.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement