Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

thief reported to be 900p on xbox one....1080p on pd4, not confirmed....as yet.

RasTa wrote: »
    ibeVqkdXJrJtao.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »
    I cannot for the life of me get it to connect. I should try it with the PS3 to make sure it's not the headset, though.

I've started using mine. They aren't the pulse ones.. the Headset before them and they work fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sorry, meant this yoke.

2316148-5930188113-ps3-h.jpg

It's not gonna be a problem as long as people can hear me clearly with the camera mic, cause I'll be playing with headphones. I seemed to have already lost the little thing that came with the PS4.

the witcher 3 = 900p on ps4, 720p on xbox one.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just to give some balance here :)

This dog has Titanfall on his Xbox One console with dedicated servers hosted right here in Ireland. :)

Oh yeahhhh,

Good luck with your pixel counting :D

XBone.jpg

h3220EDB5

P.S - Fair play to Sony for getting off to a great start with resolutions. If they had of secured Titanfall and had local dedicated hosting I would have made the PS4 my primary console purchase.

I don't think I'd ever buy a console for one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

How is the 792p resolution holding up with Titanfall, I take it the rumours of it struggling with 720p a few weeks back have either been fixed or did not really exist seeing that Respawn have said they may up it to 900p for the final game, also how is the frame rate, is their many noticeable drops or is it running nice and smooth?

i wouldnt be surprised to see a new xbox one/titfall bundle.....microsoft might even give the game away free!

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    How is the 792p resolution holding up with Titanfall, I take it the rumours of it struggling with 720p a few weeks back have either been fixed or did not really exist seeing that Respawn have said they may up it to 900p for the final game, also how is the frame rate, is their many noticeable drops or is it running nice and smooth?

is it 1440x792...:confused: ....what a weird res :confused:

jenjenten wrote: »
    i wouldnt be surprised to see a new xbox one/titfall bundle.....microsoft might even give the game away free!

They could come out with a branded console like the MGS V version of the PS4

Metal_gear_solid_5_ground_zeroes_ps4.jpg

jenjenten wrote: »
    is it 1440x792...:confused: ....what a weird res :confused:

According to the Titanfall blog it does http://titanfallblog.com/2014/02/12/titanfall-beta-runs-at-native-792p-resolution-on-xbox-one-may-increase-with-final-build/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I wouldn't buy a console for 1 game. Its more about what it means. Great local dedicated servers and determination to secure the big deals for games like Titanfall. That is what persuaded me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought a Nuon for Tempest 3000!
    And if they never brought out another game, it would have been worth buying a Snes for Super Mario World.
    Sometimes it only takes one title to make a machine a must have, regardless of the rest of the releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

I wouldn't buy a console for 1 game. Its more about what it means. Great local dedicated servers and determination to secure the big deals for games like Titanfall. That is what persuaded me.

If we're being honest you were "persuaded" long before. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I think respawn have got the better of the deal, not Microsoft.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I bought a Nuon for Tempest 3000!
    And if they never brought out another game, it would have been worth buying a Snes for Super Mario World.
    Sometimes it only takes one title to make a machine a must have, regardless of the rest of the releases.

For me, it would have to be an incredible game, that I'd tried and tested. I didn't even get a PS3 when MGS4 came out, but eventually, the exclusives lured me.

I did actually get an Xbox for Halo, but I got it second hand, and didn't pay much, I don't think. And it was Halo. That made me want the console.

I think respawn have got the better of the deal, not Microsoft.

EA has got the better deal, Jason West and Vince Zampella have a habit of getting shafted by big publishers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

West is no longer at respawn. He left last year

• Advertisement

COYVB wrote: »
    West is no longer at respawn. He left last year

That news must of slipped between the cracks for me, has he retired from the industry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

This just shows me they're slipping back into old habits, or may have just never overcame them in the first place, but last gen the exclusives dried up for the 360. They were only concerned with doing the bare minimum and securing one month exclusive deals to keep people happy. They never went above and beyond. It was a "get the casuals as much as we can, but do just enough to keep the hardcore from moaning too loudly" mentality.

Seems they're back at it. It'll all come to playstation, hell, it'll probably run better too, but they should be investing in games and studios, not pissing away money with timed exclusives. Sony did the opposite and are dominating with their exclusives. MS is reliant on halo, gears and forza in a continuous cycle.

It's a long road, but I'd hoped MS would've stepped their game up with exclusives considering how barren it got towards the end. Sony has the exclusives, they have a rake a studios making them, so although they haven't shown everything, it's a safe bet to know they're there.

I'm wondering has MS just spilled all their beans early instead of keeping some things under wraps for later.

I definitely consider Sniper games more "one day" purchases, rather than day one, for me. As in, maybe I'll get it cheap one day... cause they're great fun for about one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Xenji wrote: »
    That news must of slipped between the cracks for me, has he retired from the industry?

Nope. Official line was personal reasons, strongly rumoured line was bust up with Zampella. He's not announced any retirement or anything like that, it just seems things didn't work out between them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Aye, I learned that lesson with the original Xbox which I brought for Shenmue II. While Shenmue II was great, I did regret the decision.

I bought the PS4 with the assumption the line up will be strong soon enough, based on the more recent output on PS3. I'm not so much a fan of Sony as I am the developers they pay to make exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Some of these Titanfall fanboys are making the CoD fanboys look like a great bunch.

From the beta it seems like a decent game... its not going to be the this masterpiece that some people are expecting, it won't have the impact that CoD4 had on console and its still not going to be the best game released on the 14th of March.

Its a shooter that feels very similar to CoD in a lot of ways, plus some cool features and some not so cool features. Bare in mind I've played it on a far superior platform than the console versions (1080p, max detail.. which is suprising not that good looking, and a completely solid 60fps) so im not taking into account frame rate and resolution issues.

From what i've played, if i was going to choose a console based on one game (Say Titanfall on XB1 and Planetside 2 on PS4) i'd choose a PS4.. planetside seems to offer so much more as a multiplayer experience and is just more "Next-Gen".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Also... some great news for PS4 owners...

http://www.igameresponsibly.com/2014/02/13/rust-may-be-coming-to-ps4-earlier-than-xbox-one/

Such a good fun game, better than both titanfall and planetside imo !

• Advertisement

I'd never given Battlefield a chance, until I decided I wanted something to tide me over shooterwise, until Planetside 2. And now I'm hooked.

Rust looks great. I've heard very good things about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement